S/fur

s/fur
How uninspired are indie game developers?
There's a lot of skill out there, skill that could be applied to making great ideas into reality, but so many great ideas are neglected and it's all just a bunch of copying.
The current flavour of the month is screens of pixels which "everyone can draw to" but you have to wait ages to draw another pixel, so only cheaters can actually draw something in less than a day.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EqGZ9u5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boobie

join if bored
discord.gg/EqGZ9u5

name three great ideas for an indie game.

go on.

Paintball where shooting people gradually turns them the opposite colour to yourself
Capture the flag bug the flag is underground and has to be dug to in a giant murderfest
Single player space shooter where a giant war is simulated in the background, meaning you can go on vigilante missions that actually cause an effect, and the outfittings of ships will gradually adapt to be optimal for the war

The reason why the first two are great is because there's no proper strategy for how to play them, which is the defining trait of multiplayer games that are interesting.

req more like this

>Paintball where shooting people gradually turns them the opposite colour to yourself

splatoon.

>Capture the flag bug the flag is underground and has to be dug to in a giant murderfest

minecraft bowspleef.

>Single player space shooter where a giant war is simulated in the background, meaning you can go on vigilante missions that actually cause an effect, and the outfittings of ships will gradually adapt to be optimal for the war

i've seen that one, too. demo version i installed a few years ago, got bored and deleted it, but i can't remember the name now.

got anything else ground-breaking there?

> space combat where your ships are seeds that grow on trees you have to plant on planets

Eufloria

Splatoon isn't that, holy fuck how retarded are you to think that only one kind of paintball game is possible, they are so different that letting yourself get shot is sometimes a legitimate strategy in the proposed paintball game

Bowspleef has zero similarity whatsoever to the CTF thing, Bowspleef is neither a CTF game nor a tunnelling game

Given that the other two games were the most simple to explain and yet you still managed to connect them to completely different games, I can only assume that the third game you're thinking of is somehow even more different to the third game I'm thinking of than Bowspleef is to underground CTF.

And the fourth one wasn't even one mentioned by anybody what the fuck

I want to be inside or be this doggo

I want this one instead

I have a preference for doggos, myself.

once again, the morning crew does morning things

Running out of doggos;(

that's a skunk you dumb cunt

I like how you put a comma in 'that's' but you didn't Capitalize your first word or put in a period at the end. Also there's supposed to be a ',' behind skunk. Finally, no pic.

Sup op, I am a gamedev. Convince me to make something.

This is the stuff.

No I'm sleepy
>sleeping intensifies

A dating sim with major political figures of the '30s and '40s as anime girls, in a high school setting where they'll reenact the events of WWII.

The first thing in

mornings are tough for me
chores n shit
many loves morning crew
or whatever time it is for you
have a (decent) day

Sorry not into anime so I wouldn't make anything like that.

Eh it's an ok idea but not enough to convince me.

Goldeneye cheat?
Wow so original.

No wonder you can't get into the industry

>indie game developers
>skill
u got me fucked up

To be inside or to be? Personally, I want to be this bunny.

Then I wanna be in there.

>discord.gg/EqGZ9u5
already in it

Not your regular kind of boobies... Those are BIRDIE BOOBIES!!

dog walk done
bored enough to return
now to debate breakfast

i hate being out of milk...

Bump.

it just does not feel like its worth it at this time
lurking 'till dead or something worth it comes along...

Bump.

Every half-ass animator wants 50$ an hour. And every game programmer that knows what a vector is, yet doesn't know what decoupling is, wants the same. A lot of startups have great ideas for games, its just the people, be it the project originator or a recruited developer, that make it fall apart

hello

Heya Sunshine. How are you?

not bad
should be working on my art right now, but I really just feel like taking a nap

how're things going for you?