Thoughts? Will you still listen to them?

Thoughts? Will you still listen to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know it was fake but when Gira got accused did it result in this big of a shitshow? Or did it fizzle out almost immediately? Is there something more reliable about these accusations than those?

>still

Literally fucking who?

Gira doesn't look like a degenerate, plus, retarded millenials don't know him unlike pwr bttm.

No because Gira came out and vehemently denied the accusations immediately

This band can't do that because their fanbase pups see that as not giving sexual assault victims the benefit of the doubt.
This is what happens when your entire image is based off identity politics.

i think so seeing as there have been multiple accusations with pwr bttm. Gira was only accused by one crazy woman. Also i think the culture and community that pwr bttm were representing put so much faith and trust in them that when these things came out they felt betrayed.

The label and touring members I guess knew enough to jump ship when the news came out

Didn't even know if these blokes were till this all went down. Pretty crazy how bad this is being handled.

Set to come down? I hope Spotify makes the right decision and keeps it.

they are literally /ourguys/ now

gira owns his record company
pwr bttm doesn't.

larkin waited 8 yrs and got btfo by everyone around gira
nobody has defended pwr bttm.

gira fanbase is mostly white males
pwr bttm fanbase is queer kids who think everybody who disagrees with them is evil

nah why would faggot kiddy rapists who dress in their mums clothes be /ourguys/? this isnt Sup Forums

>Saw an article about them promoting safe spaces at gigs
>This all happens shortly after
o i am laffin

I just want my Bandcamp pre-order...

I want to listen to this album now.

>nobody likes them

just like us

This is the scariest part to me they had to know something was up and must have just let it slide to get on the tour to make some cash since literally no one including Ben's bandmate has spoken against the allegations made.

>nah why would faggot kiddy rapists who dress in their mums clothes be /ourguys/?
t-that's not us?

what does rape have to do with the music?

They're pretty mediocre desu

Nothing yet their existence has been wiped within the span of 5 days lol

normie out

That's why I'm very much hoping that Spotify keeps it.

i don't know who these people are and fuck them if one of them is a child rapists

but apple music has gg allin ffs... fucking grandstanders

Is PWR BTTM the Milo Yiannopolous of music?

its weird. lostprophets are also still on there.

This band is an example on why you never side with the liberals

user they are liberals though and attracted what they are they knew the risks

I think this is a big part of it. I remember Conor Oberst was accused a few years back by a woman and people were on the fence for a bit but he denied it and the charges eventually dropped and no one even brings it up anymore. I think people are just in general more volatile about this in a post-Cosby Scandal landscape.

because their label didn't drop it.

but most liberals are rapists.

Yeah I know but you can be a liberal and still not be a huge faggot about it.

I guess you gotta be a lib in the entertainment industry because if you go against the status-quo you get labelled as "mentally ill" and you have to go to a mountain to make music

i admit to being quite left-leaning, but this kind of selective faux outrage makes me sick and is embarrassing desu

Wait the accusations were child-related? I thought it was just a few fans on tumblr. None in the meme sense, but like they actually grouped up on tumblr or whatever.

oh, so they couldn't still independently re-upload? that would make more sense, i guess

they could if they wanted too. not sure how the masters work with their contract

idk i just heard "kiddie rapist" lol

under 18 yr old girl apparently

Not if the label owns the distribution rights, I'd imagine. Unless they want to get raped in court for the next couple of years.

>Yeah I know but you can be a liberal and still not be a huge faggot about it.
>

>Nothing yet their existence has been wiped within the span of 5 days lol
The pace at and manner in which this has all unfolded is baffling to me

thats would be probably illegal
its not spotifys decision, they dont even care
the label has rights to their music and they want to have nothing to do wth the band

nah. im sure they all knew. but once it got media attention. rip

man liv bruce is fucking cute tbqh not gonna lie

also they will disband in the next week

How many times does it have to be fucking said
>muh gira

Look you sjw retards, not every musician has a fanbase of sjw retards that think making a sandwich is rape.

Big surprise, not everyone in the world fucking thinks the same way as you do

lmao
they have completely different labels
spotify and apple dont care
the label has the right to their music so they will have to buy them back or some other deal
then they can put it back online

a band that toured with them confirmed that they knew for a while but didnt do anything

im also left leaning, and yeah when you search pwr bttm on twitter 90% of the tweets are just people questioning why cis white people (like Gira) weren't taken down, when the reality is that white cis males that have been found guilty have paid the price, and people like Gira and Oberst who have had charges dropped have been allowed to carry on.

kexp performance has been removed from youtube. surely npr tiny desk concert will follow- thankfully downloaded that one already. if anyone has the kexp performance saved, please help

at the end of the day the band should own the rights to the music, if they weren't retarded and read the recording contract before they signed with the label.

>when i look at sjw land 90% of tweets are about hating white men

Wow, what a surprise

kek i mean i wasnt suprised when i looked.

How normal people think before all evidence is presented: Innocent until proven guilty

How liberal sjws think before all evidence is presented: REEEEEEEEE I BET A WHITE MAN DID THIS GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT MY FEEELINGS HURRTT REEEE

*in sing song voice

And thats whyyyy you dont want them as your fanbassssseeeeee

MEGA LOLZ

Seriously, the "no moshing" shit is what turned me off to them.

Fuck them, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Wait so what actually happened? I've been ignoring these threads but now I'm interested.

Ben Hopkins sexually assaulted some girl and since the news came out his band has been in a consistent downward spiral

cringe

go back

That's pretty funny. They look like a bunch of "So randumb xd look how gay we are" faggots anyway.

Good riddance

how many layers of irony is this encased in because if that number is 2 or less you should stop posting

>white man
thats not a man tho....

regardless of that, you seriously dont understand how rape culture works. this attitude of "wait til we hear the whole story", "innocent til proven guilty", "theyre making it up or exagerating" is exactly why its so difficult for survivors to bring up their abuse or try to press charges. its incredibly uncommon for such a thing to be made up and incredibly common for rapes to occur with no repercussions.

And that seems to be a complete wrap on the story of PWR BTTM.

gira owns his label
oberst said it wasn't true

pwr bttm has denied nothing

theres a big difference between "wait until we hear the whole story" and "theyre making it up/exaggerating"

And a man can have his life ruined by a lying cunt, and every time it does happen you lib fucks turn away after launching a witchmob against someone accused of something

tbf the man can deny the accusations and fight it

desu the fact that they haven't denied anything isn't a good look. Like I get accusatory culture yadda yadda sjws etc. but they've really been stepping around this ever since it came out.

im pretty sure they did it. stuff like this happens in my local diy scene occasionally.

The estimate for false rape claims is at about 5%, so yes it is a minority of the chases that are bought forth that is true.
however thats one in 5 cases where it is a false claim, that a pretty large amount compared to that of other crimes such as murder or theft.
funny huh..

*50 cases

>5%
>one in 5
i seriously hope you are joking

Maybe it is their record company that is removing their album because they'd rather get rid of them where as Swan's label has a stronger stomach?

It actually made me laugh when I saw the sexual harrassment allegations thrown their way.

Seeing all the liberals melt that one of the most prominent queer bands is "problematic" never fails to entertain

gira owns his label....

music does not equal the musician behind it.
stupid

>5%
>thats one in 5 cases
How embarassing

gira also denied the accusations, as they were false and allegedly happened 8 years prior to the girl saying he did it. PWR BTTM's label or people that worked there obviously knew something was up.

>le doesn't dispute point and focuses on a typo
typical liberal response

yes it does...
pwr bttm are a cultural band. no one listened to them because theyre music is amazing. i listened to them and went to their shows because i like being around people like me and seeing people like me be represented in media. i didnt think they were special sonically. thats basically all their fans....

Does he? Well there you go. Also maybe other acts on the label or people in their music scene are part of the wanting to get rid of them sentiment which is stoking up or may even be the root of the accusations?

>. i listened to them and went to their shows because i like being around people like me and seeing people like me be represented in media.
well you need to reevaluate your life. if you care about how the media sees you. then how you see yourself

>5%
>one in 50
cant even do it on the second try

>listening to music for validation
Don't do this, friend. Listen to genuinely gpod music made by people who actually care about their art instead of image

>as they were false and allegedly happened 8 years prior to the girl saying he did it
they were never proven false.... and what does time have to do with it? theres tons of factors that lead to the fear of coming out about rape or interanalized self blame or fear that it will only cause more harm if one does...

it actually frightening to me that people so easily dropped that case just because of gira's clout....

5% is 1 in 20 you fucking retard

no way you are real

anyway if itunes and spotify are really taking away their music, then they should take away EVERY piece of music written by musicians who's done illegal shit to keep it consistent

exactly im a white man and thats why i can only relate to and go to shows with exclusively white people. i truly dont care about the music.

>they were never proven false.... and what does time have to do with it?
she accused another band of the same thing. also everybody backed gira

nobody has backed pwr bttm. larkin herself stopped talking about it

>anyway if itunes and spotify are really taking away their music,
no thats a misguide from p4k. the label took away the music

>>>/LGBT/

Are you doing an irony because if so lmao well done, champ.

you really dont get it. people outcasted by mainstream society often build their own communities to feel included where they feel excluded by mainstream society. its extremely important to hear voices you can relate to and have spaces you can feel open when you are outcasted, bullied, or made to feel bad or shameful by mainstream society.

I thought everything but the music in this situation would be affected and now that it's getting hit it's a real shame that people apparently can't like their music now just cause Ben wanted to rape somebody

this is the liberal brain

The quality doesnt matter,just pander to muh identity

>its extremely important to hear voices you can relate to and have spaces you can feel open when you are outcasted, bullied, or made to feel bad or shameful by mainstream society.
get a diary desu. this is weak minded shit bro

>muh safe space
>muh representation

So you are a pussy that wants capitalists to pander to your identity and extract your wealth?

did you even read the thread?
spotify/apple doesnt give a shit
the label is pulling it down
and last time i checked lostprophets or gg alin werent signed to polyvinyl

time to get paid and make safe spaces

I DONT WANNNNA LIVE IN A SAFE SPACE

I WANT TO LIVE IN DA DANGGGGGGGA ZONEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

Im going to form a punk band and yell that before every show