What prevents an atheist from raping and stealing as much as he wants?

What prevents an atheist from raping and stealing as much as he wants?

The fear of reprisal?

Is the fear of prison the only thing preventing an upper breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

They would have to leave the house to do that

i'd fuck u

Contrary to theistcucks, atheists don't a skydaddy to act morally.
Btw most prisoners in the US are christs, so stfu you goddamn shitposter

Sage

Not for me, except for when I´m on MDMA...
(And by the way, the law)

An actual sense of right and wrong

Hey christ/b/ro, atheist Sup Forumsro here. I see your threads all the time and usually skip right over them. But today I felt compelled to answer. Your question about what stops people like me from doing things like that is really very simple an answer.

I don't do those things because even though I've rejected the very notion of a higher power i still have a sense of morality.

10 millionth time I've seen a trash post like this and I still don't know image source

>the never ending story

What prevents us from doing bad things? The desire to not be a bad person. Unlike you pathetic monotheists, we don't need the threat of an all powerful prison daddy to keep us in line. We just be good because we want to.

tl;dr a moral atheist is more morally aligned than any moral theist and OP is mentally deficient

The desire to not cause harm to others.

Common sense? Logic? Why would I make my life harder for myself by living against other people.

The funny thing is that this implies that the only reason theists don't go around raping and stealing is because they are afraid of their sky-daddy.

Theists need to be locked up for the good of society.

I know we all feel compelled to take the bait once in a while, but you have to realize that the dude who creates these threads is an atheist.

What prevents the religious from raping and stealing as much as they want?

The fear of reprisal?

Is the fear of Hell the only thing preventing an upper breakdown of society with no moral compass?

This not even an argument. You have just said what do you think and that OP's not right. Try harder.

What is OPs image from? been seeing it for awhile on here but no idea the sauce

"Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you."
The knowledge of Sacredness of Life.

Why are these stupid threads still being posted? Fuck off with this degenerate shit already.

>"Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you."
Hint: This concept exists in secular morality as well.
>The knowledge of Sacredness of Life.
Utterly irrelevant.

It's called a moral compass faggot

No atheists have a stronger sense of personal responsibility than the religious because there's no none to blame or shift responsibility onto. The religious on the other hand use reasoning like "God will forgive me" or "god has a plan" to justify their awfulness. Which is why prisons around the world are crowded with the religious.

Morality is subjective for christians as well.
Christians often disagree between themselves on topics like homosexuality and obortion.
What prevents me from rape and murder is mostly empathy.

You guys are still feeding this troll?

I am just gonna leave this here...

Unlike many religious people I don't need a book of rules or the idea of punishment, whether it be prison or hell or whatever to not do awful things to people. Just because you aren't religious doesn't mean you lack a moral compass. I'll wager I have a better moral compass than most Christians and Catholics. New's flash, religion is the #1 source of pain and suffering in history

No fear at all, why would i even think about those things? There is nothing good in them so they are pointless.

Because of Poe's law. Real theists actually think this.

because people are conditioned by their environment, no one is born a rapist. people will steal if they are hungry, people will kill to defend themselves, people won't rape unless they're mentally unhealthy. this is all regardless of their belief in god, the usa has some of the highest percentages of christians in the world and it's the number 1 imperialist war machine on earth atm.

there's no such thing as morality. you're just conditioned to behave in a certain way, as to benefit the whole. rape is frowned upon because most people want neither to rape nor to be raped. so when someone does rape, he goes against the will of the majority. for him, it was a good thing. for them, it was a bad thing. good and bad are relative terms, not absolute.

if you think religion stops people from "sins" or whatever you wanna call social indiscretions, keep in mind that catholic priests have been raping little boys since the middle ages while shouting at peasants to repent for having premarital sex

Fucking Morals fag

population that doesn't have a concept of god. yyeea.

The golden rule can exist without a god. Morality can exist without a god.

Literally 0/10 trolling. Go play outside

Because thay don't want to hurt other people ? Like (almost) every human being on this planet ?

It's funny, because less than 1% of prison populations in the US are atheists.

I love these threads

Empathy.

/thread

it's pretty damn simple, I wouldn't want to be raped or stolen from, so why would I do it to someone else

Profit

Or maybe some people just straight up believe that you should be good to your fellow man instead of staying in line out of fear of some higher power.
This planet's a big enough shithole already without everyone being dicks to eachother, Why not try to make it alittle less shitty for the people around you?

profit

Ethics and morale, something you niggers don´t have:

>The fear of reprisal?

>Is the fear of prison the only thing preventing an upper breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

Exactly the reason you niggers "behave", the fear of hell.

Prophet

Correction: Human nature is the #1 source of pain and suffering in history, Religion is just a tool to channel the force of human malice onto a target of your choosing.

Empathy

No it's the fear being this retarded as you are.

People just ain't no good.

What is it with the thiestcuck spam? Religious edgelords think they're the shit because? Some bombs blow up here and there and they cash in on peoples' fear trying to revive dead religions?