I just finished watching this and I have one question, why the fuck the Mythology arc of this show have to turn to shit...

I just finished watching this and I have one question, why the fuck the Mythology arc of this show have to turn to shit? Disappointment doesn't even say it. Were you guys actually satisfied with it's closure?

I honestly enjoyed the show purely for the MotW and one-offs. I mean the mytharc was good for some "oh shit!" endings but I didn't really care about it.

yes

I believe their biggest mistake was killing off the best character at the very beginning?

It ended up disappointing for the same reason LOST ended up disappointing: the writers were just making shit up as the show went along and didn't really care about making a cohesive mythology.

I saw in a BTS video once that one of the producers(?) said that Chris Carter actually had a years long plan for where the story would go so I don't know what to believe.

Monster of the week >>>>>>> mythology arch.

The mythology was OK in the first two seasons, but I feel with shit like that, the less you know the better.

Chris Cater is a hack.

Mystery was the main draw of the show, when you have to actually explain shit it falls apart

It should have ended after they killed the syndicate.

It should have ended with Mulder finding out what really happened to his sister and that should've been a movie that ties up everything.

Are you two, me?

>closure

I stopped caring about the mytharc in probably season 4/5. I'll rewatch the fuck out of X Files, but don't even consider watching anything mytharc.

Aside from Darin Morgan, Vince Gilligan, and a spatter of quality MotW episodes by other writers (that's about half the series) I could care less at this point. I barely like Carter's handful of good episodes compared to what the show later evolved into with those other writers.

>Were you guys actually satisfied with it's closure?
What closure?

Not to mention, have you seen the latest six?

Dude, I've been watching the entire series for the first time and I just got to season 8 only to find out Mulder is barely a part of the show anymore.

Fuck this shit. How the fuck did fans deal with this shit when it was airing?

>series finale didn't resolve anything
>literally the worst finale ever
>revival series resolves literally nothing AGAIN
>6 episodes and mostly was filler at best

Christ Carter is a hack.

they didn't plan it ahead, they just made shit up as they went and it really showed. the mythology alium episodes never fail to be the most joyless and frustrating because after awhile you realized there's never going to be a payoff or resolution to any of that shit. black oil my ass

>6 episodes and mostly was filler at best

There were two of the worst mytharc episodes of all time, two of the most forgettable MotW episodes of all time, and then a Darin Morgan love letter to the fans that made the entire "season" worth it, and is easily a top 10 of all time episode.

>killing off

we haven't heard the last of John Barnett

Rare Barnett

fuck .. extra rare

saved

ONE MORE STEP AND SCULLY GETS IT

YOU SON OF A BITCH!

was the only good one, the one with kumail nanjiani? because I loved that one
>when mulder takes a second bottle of whiskey out of his jacket

Yes, obviously.

It was pretty much the only thing fans were really looking forward to, knowing it was both written and directed by Darin Morgan.

>still thinking about making a thread one of these days with all the references, throwbacks, and easter eggs in that episode

I lost track of the mytharc in season 3 or 4 when it lost track of itself. MoTW were always the best episodes.

The mytharc didn't know how to handle itself, and still doesn't.

>Aliens exist
>Wait, aliens are just a conspiracy by the government
>Hold up, aliens do exist and are plotting with the government
>Bees
>Bees
>Mulder discovers everything
>No, Mulder discovered nothing at all
>Human alien hybrids are the endgame
>Wait no, aliens don't exist at all and it's all the government

Lost track and stopped caring years ago. Best episode in the new season was the one with the guy from flight of the concords.

fucking kek!

The mytharc was pretty good as a concept, the whole

>muh alium deal so some of us can survive and super secret club with chosen parts of the population
>let's actually try to make a cure for the black oil though secretly and betray the ayys

Until it turned to shit, introduction of faceless ayys, oh dude lmao it was just humans.

Hopefully they're going the Book of Revelation route and are actually building up to the ZOG and the aliens are actually demons trying to blend the DNA of the humans with their own.

Anyone know which episode it is where Mulder glimpses the future if the aliens succeed?

Amor Fati I think.