If lebron james were to just switch careers and get into the heavyweight boxing division; realistically how far could...

if lebron james were to just switch careers and get into the heavyweight boxing division; realistically how far could he go with his raw natural athleticism?

heavyweight champ? for how long?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYz-_AsTASY
youtube.com/watch?v=iwgMk4D6P3E
espn.com/nba/story/_/id/9825052/how-lebron-james-life-changed-fourth-grade-espn-magazine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shut the fuck up boy

glass jaw

How old are you op? This is one of the most dumbest question's I have ever seen on Sup Forums, and i've been coming here for over 6 years now.

you seriously took the time out just to say that?

Not very far at all. I know Creed made it look like you can train for a month and win the heavyweight title, but boxing is just as difficult and skill-oriented as the other major sports. He would have no chance, especially at the age of 32.

>tripfag trying to take whatever highground they can muster
>doesnt even answer the fucking question

why r u trippin again fa.m?

yeah i dont doubt that skill is important; but an often undermentioned aspect to success in almost any male centric sport is the natural ability for the athlete to put on muscle mass.

some people regardless of skill just dont have the genetics to put on the type of muscle lebron has; and even fewer have the ability to carry as much muscle as he is while retaining his quickness and explosiveness.

his ability to learn the actual boxing skill s notwithstanding, lebrons genetics are literally top .1%

He'd get destroyed. LeBron likes to put out the idea that he's this hardened thug from the hood but he's really a soft as hell private schoolboy whose had everything handed to him on a silver platter since he was 13.

Mayweather would destroy him in two seconds. McGregor would end his life. The refs in fighting sports won't protect him like they do in the NBA. It would get real ugly, real quick for LeBron if he actually had to fight someone experienced.

If he ever wanted to do it he'd have to start much younger.

I think lebron would have been a hall of fame nfl player if he had kept playing in college but he decided to play basketball instead. He's that amazing. But nobody can start a sport at 30+ and be a pro.

fpbp

The problem is any male boxer has those same genes or near enough and has also been training boxing as long as LeBron has been training basketball.

I don't think boxing would be a very good sport to switch to, since size and athleticism are really only half the battle. You gotta train for a long time to learn proper techniques and read your opponent.

The better question is: if LeBron switched to football and played as like a receiver or a cornerback, how good would he be? I think he would be pretty good. Those running positions in football are almost entire based on size and athleticism. He's got the hands already too, he would only have to learn passing routes which wouldn't take long at all.

He's only a private school boy who had things handed to him because he was one of the greatest highschool athletes in human history.

Saying he had everything handed to him on a silver platter is bullshit though. He was pretty fucking poor before he was drafted.

>any male boxer has those same genes
i feel like that is debatable.

to be sure there are definitely reasons why certain boxers stay at their own weight divisions but if you were to tell me a boxer like tyson fury has the genetics to put on muscle like lebron id say you were yankin my leg

>Mayweather would destroy him in two seconds. McGregor would end his life.
These are the two dumbest sentences I've ever read on Sup Forums. OP is retarded, you're braindead.

I think you mean someone like Mayweather or McGregor. Neither would lay a finger on 6'8" lebron irl

even look at klitschko. lebron is two inches taller than klitschko and weighs the same as him but simply put is carrying much more muscle mass and is definitely more athletic and fast (but perhaps not as skilled)

All the combat training in the world cannot help you win a fight against a physical freak of nature who has more than a foot and 100lbs on you. LeBron would 2v1 those manlets without any fight experience or preparation.

>Corner
Not very good. Endurance is everything for them, he is too big to run that much.

>Receiver
Not great, short yardage only, again to big not fast enough.

His best bet would be TE, and would be damn near unstoppable. Also I if he hit the juice and the weightroom, he could be a dangerous OLB/DE

LeBron being "soft" is also a joke. He takes more cheap shots than basically anyone. Just like literally every player in the nba he sells calls and wants to get fouled to get a chance at 2 free points and increase his chances of winning. If he played in the 80s he'd just adjust to the rules then. He's one of the biggest, strongest guys in the league and would have been in the 80s, too.

All these guys who say lebron is a pussy via their keyboard would never dare try to fight lebron in real life.

He's actually really fast, especially when he was like 28 or something. The reason why LeBron is so freakish isn't his size but it's that he's so fast and has such great body control for someone his size.

But I agree that TE would be a much better spot than a wide receiver

Right, good point. I don't really watch much football but that's the kinda thing I meant. I could see him as a Gronkowski type guy who just runs through people.

lol size is so overrated in a fight, a guy like Bruce Lee could dispatch huge giants with ease, a couple well placed strikes and the big guy is incapacitated, fighting is 90% training and maybe 10% size and physique

if being fuckhuge and muscly and having great genetics is so easy, why hasn't Brock Lesnar rolled through the entire UFC yet, he's a freak of nature 10x more than LeBron.

Right so Floyd is easily the most skilled boxer. Could he beat a heavyweight pro boxer? Even an average one? I don't think there's any fucking chance of that.

Bruce Lee is an actor. Brock Lesnar fought in a weight class with guys like him. Note that someone like Valuev got real far on size alone.

If he trained from a young age, he would absolutely crush boxing

The guy is a physical freak. I think plebs hear that agree purely because of his size.
got it right. Guys his size just dont move the way he does. He's fast as fuck and has unbelievable coordination/body control.

Forget that this is a foul and just look at the ground this guy covers.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYz-_AsTASY

then remember that he's 6'8" (I think just under without shoes on) and 250 lbs.

Because of his great coordination/work ethic, I believe he could have done godly in boxing if he got into it at a young age.

Bruce Lee has 3 recorded actual fights in his entire life, all against men his size. Brock Lesnar hasn't rolled the UFC because the UFC has a weight class so he only fights other guys who are fuckhuge. Do you actually think Conor McGregor wouldn't get his shit pushed in by Brock Lesnar? The whole point of the weight class in fighting is to give manlets a chance.

>fighting is 90% training and maybe 10% size and physique

I guarantee you have never been in a fight

He is fast for his size. From a pure speed. No. He claimed a 4.6, that is really slow for a WR.

Bruce Lee was also one of the most skilled martial artists of all time. His acting career doesn't take away from the fact that he could kill anyone with his bare hands in 20 seconds.

And LeBron would be in a weight class with guys his size, too. And they would all destroy him.

Not going to debate this anymore, this 'argument' is stupider than the "would Alabama be able to beat the Cleveland Browns" threads that pop up. The answer is no.

but you're wrong

michael jordan accomplished that feat

He can't "just switch" to a high-level boxing career. That's nonsense.

The real question is how good he would've been as a football player or boxer had he committed to the sport since childhood. His wingspan and hand-eye coordination lead me to believe that he could've been a technically good boxer, but I question his toughness. It seems obvious that he would've been an incredible NFL talent, but who knows if he would break down physically in said sport.

Of one thing I'm certain: he would've sucked at soccer.

bron bron would get destroyed

he would get ass-raped by even a mediocre 200lb boxer

Kek, this is the mindset that leads four-eyed autists to try to use their kung fu skills on Tyrone at school. It literally never works out.

He's too old to learn the trade.

>michael jordan accomplished that feat

No more than an hour ago - shooter M.

He claimed a 4.6 with no training at 28. I bet his numbers were lower at 22-23 the age of the combine for most nfl players, especially if he was training as a receiver for 4 more years. He played wide receiver in high school and was first team all-state as a sophomore. He was recruited to D1 college football.

No he wasn't. He wasn't even a professional fighter. Ever. You're an idiot.

>he could kill anyone with his bare hands in 20 seconds
>there are children on Sup Forums who actually believe this
>i am posting on the same board with these kids
i think its time for me to leave this place behind desu senpai

Eh, he could probably be serviceable at TE if he usually just came in for receiving packages and spent about two to three months training.

Perhaps more skilled you say well lad YDKSAB guys like Klitschko have been boxing since they were kids boxing is not a sport you can just get into and expect to be good it takes years of training look at Seth Mitchell he was a college football linebacker and he turned pro boxer and he was KOing guys at a low level but as soon as he stepped up to a half decent level he got KOd.
youtube.com/watch?v=iwgMk4D6P3E

False equivalency, they aren't real fighters. Real trained fighters don't go around using "kung-fu skills" on random people.

hey i was thinking the same quote

>my uncles and siblings talking about how good the us would be at soccer if athletic urban youths played it

just bite my tongue

I would say it's more size and strength then skill

kek, that quote always sticks out in my mind

flopping don't work in boxing, no teammates to carry you off court when the air conditioner isn't working either. Can't sit on the bench and cry because you got a little cramp.

As long as he learned the sport as a kid he could've been good in soccer, either as a limited defender or anchor man. Would be fun to see someone his size in a soccer pitch.

what about goalkeeper? his length and coordination seem like a good fit for that. hes one of the best shot blockers in basketball

you can't script boxing that easily so he'll lose

Be less ass-devastated

McGregor's speed and agility would surely win the day.

>point out how lebron is mentally weak when it comes to any physical discomfort
>somehow this makes me "ass-devastated"

He's too tall to be a goalkeeper, while he would be an asset on the air, he would be very vulnerable on low-placed shots, see Costel Pantilimon.

He would've been an amazing tight end

Imagine him buffer but still have the same end to end speed with his height. His BBIQ is incredibly high so he would probably be adept at route running.

>americucks

They'll wish they never gave him 4 months of training

>implying every single NBA player doesn't try to sell calls to the refs

im so tired of faggots behind keyboards saying LeGod is soft. please consider suicide

>literally sat out of a playoff game because the temperature in the arena wasn't right

How was he handed everything? He didn't have a proper place to live till he was 10 and that was only because a football coach saw him and made him live with him. He's worked for everything he's got. I don't know about boxing but he would have been the goat TE if he stayed in football

>didn't have a proper place to live till he was 10
>mom bought him a 75k car when he was 16

hmmm

He's not mentally weak, he's flopping on purpose to draw the foul and help his team. It's a scummy cheating behavior and I despise that shit, but it's not a mental weakness.

DELET THIS

He would get the shit beat out of him by bantamweights

espn.com/nba/story/_/id/9825052/how-lebron-james-life-changed-fourth-grade-espn-magazine

OP makes it sound like boxing is only about muscle.
Any heavyweight boxer would probably get a KO out of him, since proper technique and endurance are requires just to get into professional boxing, not counting the three years of hardwork and the qualification matches.
Im not saying he would get beaten right away and easely since I guess Lebron has played professional basketball most of his life and could take some punches.
But I dont think he could resist precise punches from a fully trained boxer, since most of them would be quite powerful and would hit essential parts of his body.

He would get murdered by any of the top 10 UFC middleweights let alone heavyweights.

>tfw you will never see based Yoel use meme magic to KO Lelbron in the 3rd round

no trained mma fighter uses kung-fu, though. it's all jiu jitsu, kickboxing, and wrestling. some fighters use traditional martial arts (karate, taekwondo, etc), but the shit that really works is what you see in mma
a street thug with no experience in a legitimate martial art might roll over another non-aggressive person with no experience, but that thug wouldn't stand a chance against somebody in reasonable shape with 6 months to a year of a real martial art experience

>most dumbest

Have you never been in a fight? Trying to beat someone with a significant size difference is nearly impossible for most for a reason. Its like trying to fight a fucking bear. You just can't win.

brock did run through the ufc and would fuck up every guy smaller than him like a twig. a bigger guy will ALWAYS have the advantage over a manlet

Manlet detected

You can't just switch to combat sports at his age unless you already have a history of fight training. Those skills take years to develop. Realistically, he would be trounced even by decent boxers several weight divisions below him.

Boxing history is full of crossover heavyweights who got BTFOd once they stepped up to world level. This will happen with Deontay Wilder soon.

Tyson Fury is a fat unathletic gyppo but he has lived and breathed boxing since he was a kid, he's a fighting encyclopedia

If he switched now, not very far. However, had he focused on either Boxing, MMA or Football (tight end) entirely from a young age, he could have been the absolute GOAT at any of those things. I don't think people even realize how much of a physical aberration Lebron truly is. If he actually focused on putting on muscle as opposed to staying lean for the NBA he would be absolutely terrifying.

You right about how much better he would be had he started as a kid but the other thing we don't know, as simple as it may sound, is does he have a chin? and does he have the heart to continue if he gets knocked down? does he have the intelligence in the ring to adapt to different styles? I'm not questioning that lebron isn't a champion on the court but there are certain qualities that only the best fighters in the world have.

Honestly I think he could be professionally competitive in 5 years if he dropped everything and made training his full-time job. It'd be easier in boxing than MMA but he's an athletic freak even for his age

>raw natural athleticism
He uses steroids and GH. You can actually see that on his eye brow ridge and chin.

kill yourself retard

why would it be easier in boxing than MMA? internationally boxing is more prevalent, has a deep talent pool and people that are like 3rd generation boxers and shit that began hitting mitts for the first time while they were simultaneously developing motor skills.

jump into the gorilla exhibit at a zoo and defeat him with all your skills faggot

Would get heemed by a non-ranked UFC Heavyweight.

Fuck off already.

stop projecting your lack of intelligence and suicidal tendencies on other people.

His chin is a legitimate question but you don't get to that crazy strata of athletic achievement, in any sport, without heart/determination and a willingness to adapt athletically. Look at the different roles he's played different teams

To me the biggest barrier would be that his chin is a question mark, like you said, and the fact that he's already 32. That said, heavyweights generally fight older so who knows.

no doubt he has shown heart and perseverance but I honestly think it's different in an actual fight. Actual punishment, humiliation, blood in your eye,etc. But yeah, if I had to throw money on who I think would be the best current NBA to transfer over into boxing and become a champ I would definitely put my money on Lebron.

MMA has more skills you need to learn in order to be successful and the skills are much more varied than in boxing. I get what you're saying about talent pool, but in MMA there are way fewer professional organizations so I think it's harder for amateurs to break in.

Besides, trying to roll jiu jitsu at 6'8" with long-ass limbs like his would be an armbar waiting to happen. And he'd literally be dealing with takedowns from NCAA all-conference wrestlers at the lowest level.

You're right, I train muay thai and I think people don't realize how much it fucking SUCKS to get hit in the face unless it's happened to them. It's a game changer haha

It'd either be him or someone like David West, West actually boxes in the offseason I believe

You made me kek, leaf

>if a man in his 30's suddenly decided to try a combat sport with no prior experience how woul that go?

hmmm it's a mystery

Any trained fighter would beat an untrained fighter unless the untrained one was literally a The Mountain sized dude and got a lucky grab.

you seriously took the time out just to say that?

>if Usain Bolt is so fast why can't that faggot outrun a cheetah?

haha do you even watch NBA? he is a crybaby pussy.