Why?????

Why?????

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If there are no Christians there would not be atheists.

atheism is the knowledge there is no god. you are a retard

I don't get this bait, it's like patently untrue. Just because it's a negative definition doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Actually atheism is about belief (lack of belief).
Agnosticism is about knowledge.

Knowing the truth about reality.
That we are all dead once we die.

I bosted it abain :DDD

Lack of belief isn't a belief.

because most people, including the vast majority of christians, do not know what atheism really is.

Born
Live/reproduce
Die

B8 thread

Agnostic is the only logical belief.

There is no way to prove existence or not.

atheism isnt a belief its just non-christian and non-religious hence the name "atheism" literally meaning "without gods"

Wrong. The athiest's claim is that there is no evidence of a god or gods, and that the universe works perfectly well without the assumption

atheism is the denial of a higher being
Without define what a higher being is makes it very tough to say that is a truth.

Are aliens higher beings?
Are humans a higher being compared to swamp sludge on mars?

Since you cannot prove or disprove god, saying one or the other is a belief.
Agnostic is the term for people who doesn't agree with any religion and admit they cannot say if god is real or not.

Atheism is better. We belive that no unseen force will do the job for us. We belive that prayer is worthless and while christians are "sending prayers" and calling themselves "good christians", atheists actually get off our asses and do something to make our world better

Theism is the belief a God exists.
Atheism describes the lack of this belief.
Antitheism describes the belief a God does NOT exist.

Agnosticism only describes wheter you think SOMETHING is or can be known. You can be an agnostic theist (that would be the new agey woo-variety)

But why ignore evidence and probability? I think being agnostic means you're too much of a pussy to support or deny a claim.

Atheism states there is no god(s)
without proof this is a fallacy

Theism states there is god(s)
without proof this is a fallacy

Agnostic states it is unknowable if god(s) exist
No proof is required because definiteness is not defined in the statement.

Most atheists seem to be able to define it just fine, though it tends to vary from person to person a bit because it's not a goddamn doctrine.

O please. Saying I believe there is no God doesn't make it a belief in the same sense as a religion. Let's not insult eachother by having this debate.

There are two types of agnostic
Agnostic theist and Agnostic atheist

First one leans towards a chance of a "god" existing
God being defined as a higher power that has influence over the entire universe.

The latter leans towards no god existing but it cannot be proven. Hence differentiated from atheism because its still an open ended position.

It's amazing how many people lack understanding of what atheism means.
Do you believe that Zeus exists? No? Then you are an atheist in regard to Zeus. You simply lack belief in Zeus or simply do not care.
Christians are atheists except for their gods.

It does...
You state with conviction there is no god. The burden falls on you just as much as a religious zealot to prove what you state. Christians point to the Bible as proof of god. Atheist try to point to logic but that is illogical in it self.
I could go out and say the sky is yellow but without proof on my end a belief not a fact

You really have no understanding of this.
Christians, muslism, jews ect all monotheist religion believe in the same god.

They all agree that their religions god is the same but they go about different ways of worshiping said god.

Because the burden of proof lies on the one who makes a claim.

You cannot disprove God. He could be twisting reality or tamper with your evidence. There can be any number of bullshit (but not disprovable) explanations why you cannot prove for certain he doesn't exist.

The theists must prove that God exists.

If someone tells me that incoporeal unicorns really exists and will kill me if I don't pray to them, I can only disprove the evidence they bring me. I cannot provide evidence that no form of unicorn exists.
And I don't have to. They must provide evidence of incoporeal unicorns that want to kill me.

The Hebrew word for god in the Bible is plural. It is translated as "gods" in some verses.
Anyway of course they all believe in the same gods.

How the fuck do you prove a negative?

I was going to say that.
I always accepted that my atheism was a belief.
But still it's painfull to say in a world where belief is linked that hard on religion. I almost feel like I'm saying "I do not believe that dinosaurs with lasers eyes are living in the oceans. Still a belief tho"

You're really missing the point here bud. Athiests make no claim; their's is not the burden to bear.

Atheist also must proof what they state this is how science works.. assuming you believe in it too.

People saying there is no life on mars have the same burden to prove as the people saying there is life on mars.
You cant assume something does not exist because you have not discovered its existence yet. We have made predictions years in advance to many discoveries made in the future. Stuff like the Higgs boson or black holes or even space time and time waves were all proven much later than when proposed

There are at least three different words for god in Hebrew, their meanings and usage changed over the centuries it took to write down the whole Bible, and things like grammatical plural don't always translate directly between languages. "Elohim" is grammatically plural but often goes with a singular verb and may just mean "Mightiest God".

The belief that there is no God/higher power , makes more sense than giant magic wizard in the sky making mankind

Atheist reject the idea and existence of god without proving anything. This is a claim how is it not?

In the beginning a group of gods created the heaven and the Earth.
>Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

beacause its a man made construct, and as such by definition can not be defined.

Atheists do not claim that God doesn't exist. They merely lack belief in existence of God. They say that there is no evidence of God. They would be more than glad to listen to evidence.

Stop making up stupid shit

You're actually retarded. Theism is the belief in the existence of a god or gods. Therefore atheism is the lock of belief in the existence of a god or gods.

Um didn't I say that?

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

The deist must prove that God exists. The theist must prove that good exists AND that they care about/ interfere with humankind

Fuck sorry mate actually meant to quote OP kek

you're forgetting Agnostic theist atheist and Agnostic theist theist, and Agnostic theist atheist and Agnostic theist theist. Also there's Agnostic theist atheist atheist and Agnostic theist atheist theist and Agnostic theist theist atheist and Agnostic atheist atheist atheist

That happens. :)

????
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism

Theists say the same exact thing
They state there is no evidence to disprove gods existing.

So harbouring back to my original post the only logical belief is agnosticism

Hey thanks for understanding friend, have a great day, make sure you teach the idiots here something.

Pure agnosticism isnt a thing

What seems to be the problem, son?
A long time ago some guy told a friend about this awesome friend of his who was a cheap carpenter who also knew how to make good wine. Some 30 years later this friend remembered what this guy back in the days told him about this awesome friend of his and decided to tell his son about him. A pretty cool guy, as he recalled. He was a carpenter and he also had the ability to turn 2 fish in to a whole bunch. Just like that. Another 30 years passes by and the son decides to tell his son about this awesome guy. Apparently he had the ability to walk on water. The son is amazed about this story and some 20 years later he decides to tell a friend about this splendid guy his grandfathers friend knew who apparently could heal the dead. The friend thought to him self: “holy shit! This has to be the son of a virgin!” Some years went by and the friend then decided to write a limerick or two about this amazing son of a virgin who died for our sins. 200 years later some pimp ass emperor found this limerick and decided to include it in this big ass book called the holy bible, and he named him jesus, the son of god.
Atheism is the word used for people who find this highly scientific story about jesus and his friends hard to understand.