Whats the biggest challenge youve ever faced in a video game?

Whats the biggest challenge youve ever faced in a video game?

Devil May Cry 3 america original version on dante must die... no cheating. Beating that was incredibly ruthless and tough.

The difficulties were messed up when they released the game in america, they had to re release the game in a special version to make it easier. Fuck that.

World of Warcraft LFR difficulty week 1 of any content.

Battletoads.

i 1cc viewpoint on neo geo.

Driver 1, fuck that fucking parking lot.

This is now a dubs thread

Tomb raider was fucking hard as a kid.

logging into steam

probably some gay moment within the layers of faggotry that make up "Dark Souls", but a close second was the scene in half life 2 episode 1 (?) when there were 3 tunnels, some turrets, and a lot of antlions

Contra without the Konami code

Playing through resident evil 2 on a PlayStation with no memory card. When the gigantic crocodile ate me in the sewer, the challenge was not strangling myself with the controller there and then.

if you like demon souls and dark souls, try "the immortal" on genesis

overcoming the many glitches in morrowind was a toughie too. toughie you're giving me a toughie

I made it. Then I accidentally overwrote my save with a fresh Virgil save.

Getting Leisure Suit Larry, laid.

Mother fucking "Heart of the Reicht", on veteran. fuck those infinite spawning enemies and spam grenades. you know which part in the mission im talking about...

What's a memory card?

fatty and slim in Dark Souls

Lost vikings, wrlr level. Fuck me that was hard.

These bastards and my team doesn't have paladins.

Doom 2 on nightmare.

This, absolutely and total. This fucking tutorial was like "you know, I fuck you up even before the real game starts".

The most hardest situation (only based on emotions) was that one particular mission in MGSV:TPP at a very late point of the game.
I'm sure everybody who played through it knows what I mean.
Dem feels

Ninja rope. Worms armaggedon

It looks a lot like this but in 3D

a shogun 2 battle where my army was outnumbered 2 to 1. I set up defensively on a hill and broke off katanas into a forest behind a an adjacent hill.
Set my spears and bows defensively. pulled my cav off to the side.

Second stack joined enemy and they tried to zerg me and envelope. mashed their archers with my cavalry, lost all of them but took the archers. slow walked katanas around the hill and timed it out perfect. about the time they met my lines my katanas took them in the ass and my bow monks sniped their general. routed some 3000 men with about 1200 tactics felt good.

WoW in vanilla trying to run 40 man naxx.
Lag out the fucking ass, constant dc's, took weeks to finish not to mention worrying about instance lockouts and the alliance outside constantly acting like fucktards.

Also, those same bastards in warcraft 1 and 2 sneaking up on you and killing your entire squad. Fuck catapults, man.

Kek. Those fucking things.

Batman Arkham Asylumn final combat achievement.

Jak 2
That fight in the slums across the water bridges

Kingdom Hearts II FM
the original jap version for ps2

defeating this fucker. the number of times i had to go looking for items to synthesize power and defence boosts was the biggest vidiya challenge of my life thus far. (note: it was a time where there were hardly any tutorials on these things)

pick related, it's the fucker

Your pic related on the hardest difficulty can't remember what it's called veteran or something .

Tried it several hundred times beat it exactly once. There just is not enough time

quiet?

Trying to infect Madagascar in Pandemic

The dragon in pillars of eternity was pretty fucking hard.

MGS2 on European Extreme mode. Firstly fuck Olga and the one hit kill bs, secondly fuck the Ray battle, nearly gave myself an aneurysm over it

One stubborn country. I usually have this problem so I'll start there sometimes

Finishing naxx lol

touhou can get quite absurd
this is where you separate the weeabo autist from the crazy useful autists

I spent four hours once when I was about 13 trying to figure out the objective of the falling sand game.

GTA: Vice City, Zero's RC missions.

Tried it on PC thinking it would be easier than the PS2. Nope, still hard as shit.

Yep. Same. Been playing since the turn of the century and I still can't 1CC anything on Lunatic.

tfw your life is games but you're not good at them

Mynigga

Hardest part for me was actually the buttonmashing
Not something that would take you days, but the part I remember most.

Accepting that I'm pretty average competitively, and that the sore winners and toxic teammates who get mad about pub matches like money is on the line are just as bad as the sore losers and excuse-making crybabies who can't accept that I might be able to beat them when they underestimate a moderately competent opponent who just doesn't have every trick and gimmick worked out.

Fortunately there are a lot of single player and co-op focused games out there.

skull zones in crash bandicoot 2 & 3 when you're 7.
fucking forget about crash 1 ones. that was for uni professors

Dark souls 1 blind run

Downloaded it for free just because, had no fucking clue what it was, how any of the game mechanics worked, and just like me all of my friends mostly played straight forward shooters so they didn't have a clue either

Ive never had another game feel so rewarding after beating it

oddworld ps1, pure hell

getting a perfect score on all the hardmode hotline miami 2 levels (im at least proud)

GETTING JEDI IN STAR WARS GALAXIES HOLY FUCK LMFAO FUCK YOU SOE

oh yeah forgot that one.
making him fart and 'meditate' was great entertainment though

Fucking hard game to begin with, but I never beat the final boss. About 50 hours of game time.

First Run Demon's Souls

Hi!

106% Super Meat Boy was not easy. Can't think of absolute hardest tho.

THOSE BIRDS ON NINJA GAIDEN FOR NES

THOSE FUCKING BIRDS

There's like 3 or 4 spots where it's damn near fucking impossible not to get dropped by the fucking birds. No telling how many hours I burned trying to get through that shit.

You fuckers ain't got shit!

Loco-Commotion (free game on Railroad Tycoon3 CDs)

Its a logic game using trains and layouts which you must make not crash.

I only ever managed to finish all scenarios but one.

IF YOU feel like you are going to pop an anyerism....

Nice bait.

Oh shit brother.
You would have think that the bosses were the worst, but nope.
Birds + knockback + chasm = rage

Gygas was one hell of a boss, kaftka from FF VI and the Artorias battle was pretty tough

Eclipse represent!

>you are old now
accept it

That place wasn't bad for me, but as a kid, I got stuck on the level where you're on top of the buildings and have to like grappel across to the other building tops. I couldn't figure out how to use the damn grappel hook

I ended up calling the 900 number on the owners manual for the NES cartridge for them to tell me like "press black and blah" or whatever the hell it was. This was way before internet walkthroughs and shit.

Trying to get 0 deaths in the Entire Dark Souls series (As in, if I die, I go back to the beginning of the First dark souls game)

Doom 2 with Project Brutality, Maps of Chaos (overkill), Industrial Zone level.. little to no cover, tons of bad guys shooting from all angles. died too many times in such a short amount of time.

Couldn't do it as a kid, can't do it as a 30+ faggot either..

nefeli badass necromancer boss is the hardest challenge, practically unkillable last boss

Minesweeper

Big map with shitloads of bombs around and my first click was an 8 ... And I won

The mission, break the silence or something. Goddamn it, it was difficult.

Ninja turtles for NES. I was like 9 yrs old when I finally beat it. And that lvl you posted was fuckin bullshit.

Just finished up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 doing all the secret bosses... i hate my life

I couldn't get past the part in africa when you had to get up on a technical machine gun for a whilein MW3 on the highest difficulty. I kept dying from people shooting from somewhere I couldn't see. then, one day, as if by random chance, that bit was significantly simpler. not sure why.

Also, the second last map of the Settlers II Campaign was tricky AF to figure out.

Holy shit this. That one on the roof with the minigun, on ps2. It's impossible.

Oh boy, that's one of my favourite moments in HL2 EP1 (as well as the identical mission in HL2). You can use turrets and barrels as you wish.

[spoiler]It's not hard, btw.[/spoiler]

Trying to take over Europe as Naxos in EU4

when i beat pac man

Knowing what a memory card is, and knowing how it works != old. It's like knowing how to use a VCR doesn't make me a grandfather.

Rabbits... pink Duracell rabbits shooting fireballs at me.
I've got nightmares of that for months.

not now obviously, but as a kid this was ridiculous.

This is an 18+ board kiddo. PS3 has memory cards

Some classics were pretty challenging. Like streets of rage for example. I recently finished the Bloodborne dlc and had a rough time fighting the last boss of it.
Other than that, idk. I was into quake 10-15 years ago, had some very challenging 1v1s against several world class players. Some of them I never managed to beat

NOT killing Nazeem in Skyrim
Or that fucking Talos priest in whiterun

I beat rainbowsix vegas2 on realism without the AI
and ive completed multiple terrorist hunts lonewolfed on realism

Getting myself to stop playing

I somehow beat all dlc and regular bosses with fat rolling and keyboard, to make it even worse on me I wasted 16 or so levels on Resistance early on so I was not having a very good time with it

tz-tok had with my shit internet back in the day

jad even

modern warfare 2. Trying not to cry when Ghost died

Need for speed most wanted.
Fuck that fucking game, it cheats.

God of War 3 challenge of Olympus GOD MODE.

Lol next level autism

Hotline miami 2 on hard mode

neat

shit nigga, I remember that
It was later mentioned that the soldiers are humming the peace walker theme after they state their ultimate trust in big boss, which was something I missed.
That shit was tough, those were some high spec guys, but they were also my own guys

Nigga ruuuun!