What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?

What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?

Shoe leather

Medium rare is scientifically the best.

Fuck land meat.

Rare of course - or blue.

Raw. Suck it tastes like pussy

that sweet spot between medium and medium well

At home medium rare
At a restaurant I order it rare because it's chronically over cooked

If you ask for medium well or below, I will legitimately consider kicking you out of my backyard before I make a slight joke about it and pretend I never heard you say that.

Boiled in milk until shoe leather

Fuck mercury meat

fuck faggots who don't enjoy both steak and sushi

With a side of jellybeans, raw, obviously

get the surface of meat as dry as possible, heat grapeseed oil until it starts to smoke, sear both sides

we can argue all day about how our steaks are cooked, but if you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Blue

Medium for just a stake and well done for a burger.
Its a matter of opinion and taste too so there is no point in arguing about it,

however the fuck you want to eat it

Whichever way you like it the most.

correctamundo

How about the way that tastes you the most?

The correct way is to not cook at all. All you do is (likely) use up more fossil fuels, and damage the environment by eating meat. Takes a ton more resources to cultivate meat than plants. Additionally, cows are one of the most resource-intensive animals to cultivate. /thread

"cook"

Fuck off, faggot. Men are having a discussion here.

i dont know why people give a shit so much about the fact that certain people like to have their stake cooked well done? i mean you eat your beef burgers n shit fully cooked, nobodies complaining.

mines a medium rare.

Cooked to perfection in a sous vide at 129F then seared on a hot grill, 1 minute per side.

/thread

steak* rip

rare but warm through

with a grill

Feeling masculine through discussions on eating habits sounds pretty sad, buddy. Feeling insecure?

You've lost this one John. Time to go home.

Ok faggots here you go. The perfect steak step by step. Take the steak, best cut you can afford, let come to room temperature, cover liberally in salt and pepper, set aside. Now pan choice. You need one oven safe up to at least 450. On the stove put the pan on med high heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter, and for extra points a bit of garlic, and wait for the pan to heat. When the butter is completely melted and the pan is a stable temp add the steak. Sear on both sides for 2 minutes. Then transfer to the oven for 4 minutes for perfectly cooked medium rare. Easy.

Oh and last step. When you take it out of the oven let it sit on your cutting board for several minutes before serving. That's it.

I like medium rare. Tastes like meat.

It is proven and widely accepted now that there is far too much estrogen present in beef muscle (dairy as well) and is responsible for lowering your testosterone as well as fueling hormone reliant tumors like prostate cancer....so your "men" comment is ironic. The information is out there and easy to access. I recommend every man does it instead of fueling one of the largest killers of men.
I'm not saying you have to be vegan...but the ridiculous amount of meat the western diet has gotten used to is dangerous and responsible (mostly) for the top 2 killers: heat disease and cancer. I'm here to help if you want more info or a good way to start eating more healthy. I'm really not trying to push anything on anyone, it's just a hobby of mine. Call me the Sup Forums nutrition guy....or something cooler if possible.
btw I'm not the guy you were replying to.

I prefer medium, fight me!

Then slather that bitch with ketchup

Let's see some source for that bullshit.

what is this cancer i just read

Bone out 450g Sirloin, trim tail and cap, pinch of rock salt, cracked black pepper, sprinkle over meat.

Heat hot plate (gas cooktop) until smoking, pour small amount of high temp oil (rice bran/canola) onto meat.

Place on hot plate, 60 seconds to sear each side, reduce flame, cook each side 4 minutes, remove from heat, rest for 3 minutes.

Perfect rare steak.

Serve with steamed green beans, garlic portobello mushroom and wholegrain seeded mushroom.

Suggested aperitif: Hunter Valley Brewery Sheep Dip Porter or 3 Bears Oatmeal Stout.

medium well fo me pls

>Call me the Sup Forums nutrition guy....or something cooler if possible.

You are now the Sup Forums fagtrition guy

That pic is not medium well you fucking piece of shit. Go die in a fire, and take your steak with you so it can cook for a minute longer.

Whole grain seeded mushroom?

Mustard?

seeded mustard is amazing

I haven't heard about the estrogen part, but the parts about too much meat in the American diet and increased risk of heart disease and cancer do sound about right.

Sup Forums Getting two birds stoned at once.

On a smoking hot flat iron pan. minute and a half per side. Then broiled for 3 minutes per side. Comes out a perfect medium rare, juicy warm and amazing.

Fucking oath it is, especially when it's home made.

It's funny you are asking for sources. I am telling you that this information is WIDELY available. Do you think you are creating a valid argument by saying that? I could care less if you eat meat and die of cancer. There ARE people who want to know how to live healthier and longer, if you aren't one of them, then don't bother yourself. It would take you 30 seconds to find hundreds, if not thousands of reputable articles claiming what I said. It took me many many hours looking up unbiased articles and research (where non one profits from the results) to form my opinion. All I'm doing is sugggesting you do the same if you don't believe me.
I am the LAST person who would ever go vegan....I ate meat of some kind EVERY supper and MOST lunches and breakfasts. I ate pizza EVERY GODDAMN WEEKEND and spent hours figuring out the best way to make burgers and steaks. I was the meat fucking KING. And I let go of all of it because there is a point you get to that you just can't look back when you realize how much you were manipulated into feeding a very very rich industry who cares nothing about you but your money.
You don't have to believe me, but I'm hoping some of you will at least get interested in it enough to go research it. It's a great step towards a healthier and happier life. I CAN promise that.

>no sources

Confirmed for horse shit.

I like to get a caste iron flat pan.
Heat the pan till hot and add some oil ( not much and not olive oil. Rape seed ) let the oil get smokey till you have to open the vents. Add a tablespoon of butter. Let the butter melt in the oil and leave till brown.
At this point youll have alot of smoke but its all g. Grab your steak ( 1 inch, warmed to room temperature, rubbed with cracked pepper and butter) and wack it on its side to seal. After 20 seconds put it down gently (GENTLY). Leave on that side for 1:30 flip and leave on the other side until you see blood on the top. Dispense to grill to finish her up. Voila.

>/threads his own post

back to
>>>/reddit/

Extremely well done with ketchup for dipping

Those sound like the words of a man who doesn't want to face the truth :^)

I'm not that guy you're replying to, by the way.

I'll face the truth when it's posted. Source me up.

Back to your trap threads, buckaroo.

>What is the CORRECT way to COOK a STEAK?
properly, and without adding any prions. prions are scary

The big claim by the meat and dairy industry that the cause of elevated estrogen levels in society are due to things like birth control pills being flushed down the toilet or psycho-social factors....it's all bullshit when you can literally measure the insanely high amounts of estrogen coming from the piss of the many cows that are raised as well as the levels of estrogen in muscle meat and dairy. It's killing us for profit and it worked for a long ass time. They will continue to try to confuse the public by funding research that shows otherwise but it's as simple as seeing who is doing that research and who gains from it. NO ONE is getting rich telling you the negative side of animal protein. NO ONE is getting rich telling you plant based diets are healthier....unless they are selling a book (but even then, they could make a mess more money by trying to sell a book about a diet that is already popular with the masses and fucking loved by most of the western diet eaters: MORE MEAT!) All I want people to do is think about this shit and take a bit of time to look it up, it's incredibly easy and you will see the benefits almost IMMEDIATELY

thats better then what I came up with....so be it! lol

I'd like to hear your opinions on fluoride in tap water.

Step 1. Shut the fuck up
Step 2. KYS faggot

I mean, I don't believe you're wrong. After a quick search I saw some of what you said in my results, and I'm sure more academic sources would say so as well. But people will usually agree with sources that fuel their confirmation bias.

you might be right but i doubt there's a conspiracy

Look, I realize how fucking hard it is to be told that you've been living the wrong way....it's fucking hard to change but once you realize you were lied to and that the difference happens for the better almost immediately and that I can GUARANTEE you that you won't miss meat and dairy....it gets easier.
NO ONE wants to think they were doing wrong and hurting themselves when they were constantly told it was ok. I get that, I was the loudest guy in favor of meat and protein protein protein....fucking naive I was and would say the same stuff you are saying. I no better now and I want to share that information with people and help them. Thats my only goal. If you don't want it then fine, I don't wish you any harm and hope you learn it eventually on your own. Thats it man.

Medium rare might be the best, but so many restaurants fuck it up and cook it too rare so on average medium is best

Your words mean nothing to me, faggot. Provide source or shut the fuck up.

lol look man, I don't care if you don't want to believe. I know the sources and I know the research. I'm not asking you for sources on "why meat is so good for you" lol. I know the difference because I researched it myself. Stop hiding behind this idea that it has to be proven and laid out for you to make it true....that's not the way it is and a crazy rich industry counts on that.

This jerkoff will probably post something from mercola

Unless you can prove your claim, why the fuck are you even responding? Fuck off.

Obviously you can't grill worth shit, then.

Medium/medium rare depending on what sort of steak it is, I hate jelly like pink meat. But I also hate leather

You are scientifically a faggot.

Whatever way you like it. I like a broiled medium rare rib eye.

Ya know what? I TRULY fucking appreciate that you went and did a search. Thats all I ask man and you just did that. Good job Sup Forumsrother.
Now with that said, who do you think profits the most from misinformation....once I realized a LOT of what I believed was the result of research and marketing to make the meat/dairy/egg industries bigger and richer, I started worrying about sources for the research and marketing....it's blatantly obvious once you look that way into it. It's fucking maddening and what made me never go back....like I said: I am the LAST person you would ever think would go plant based.....but I did it and am happier now and healthier. I do NOT miss meat and I can't believe I can even fucking type that with the way I was before....it's just the truth and I honestly don't care who believes it. I just enjoy sharing the info I learned and am open to helping anyone who wants to be.
Again, just call me the Sup Forums nutrition guy (or something more clever and mean lol) ....thats what I want to be for people who want it.

Well done is the best texture

shoe leather please

as al bundy said: "nuke 'em"

Not that guy but people who pretend they can't use the internet because they don't want uncomfortable information gets on my nerves. Go to scholar.google.com and type in the key words of what you wondering. Since you seem completely inept I'll give you some suggestions:

Dairy consumption testosterone
Dairy consumption prostate cancer
Meat consumption sperm count
animal product consumption and mortality
Red meat consumption cancer
Red meat consumption colon cancer
Red meat colorectal cancer
animal product consumption and testosterone
animal product consumption cardiovascular disease

etc.etc.etc, you think you can handle that?

Fact is we are mostly made up of water (something 85% of our brains I believe?) It's the most important nutrient and we neglect it's purity and importance. 5 12oz glasses of clean water is what we all need everyday.
Little known fact: cold water is absorbed faster.
Mineral water is fantastic if it's from a proper source....it provides essential minerals we need like calcium and magnesium etc.
Fluoride added to water is a great ex of how governemnts think: that we will prevent a problem by adding something to the diet (prevent tooth decay i.e.) instead of teaching the masses about proper dental hygeine.
I am not sure on the whole nazi adding fluroide to the water to make the public more docile....I believe it's true but the amounts matter in that case....eaither way, you don't need it for the reason they tell you.

You can talk about this without being so cringe.

>Again, just call me the Sup Forums nutrition guy (or something more clever and mean lol) ....thats what I want to be for people who want it.

stop.

>I have no source for my bullshit so I'm going to pretend its common knowledge and easy to find

I've seen this shit a dozen times this week alone. Source or kill yourself.

Medium rare, to medium. There should be a tiny amount of blood on the plate when you're done eating.

lol dude. The things that happened to me when I eat raw or undercooked beef. It's like Im on crack booze and red bull. I destroy the party house and it's a great time.

I could be wrong, is there something in the bible that says 'don't eat meat that still has the lifeblood in it/raw meat' and multiple occurrences of 'don't eat shrimp'.

N.Y. Strips, crabs legs. baked potato and malt liquor for dinner tonight mateys!!!

Depends on the quality of the steak.
Personally, I like a good ribeye, rare to medium rare.

I gave you the adress and what you could search for. I won't wipe your ass.

the steak cooks itself

That's cool. I accept your concession of defeat.

if you make a claim it's your responsibility to at least provide a link to whatever proof you have

people dont have time to activly seek out information about every claim they come across. it's legit to assume that anyone that cant provide some kind of effort into proving his own case is full of shit

i dont walk up to people on the street, make some absurb claim and then get angry when they dont immediately get out their phones and start googling whatever crap i have thrown in their face

Well done. If I wanted to eat a bloody piece of meat why bother cooking it?

In this day and age where the public is more and more polarized on basically every issue, it's pretty easy to call everything that doesn't agree with a person's views fake, and immediately demand sources. Sure, there's something to be said about the burden of truth, but it doesn't hurt to entertain the opposing view and do some research to see whether there's truth to the opposing claim. I think it's something people have largely forgotten. In regards to the meat industry, I'd be more surprised if the meat industry didn't work to bias views. It's only natural they'll defend their interests even if it involves skewing the data. I've definitely done enough research to know that.

jewgle

to kill the bacteria on the outside

I don't think there is a conspiracy either....it's capitalism at it's best. I choose not to let them provide the vital information that determines my health.

like said, nobody has time to constantly "entertain the opposing view"

you have no idea if the person we're talking about has googled 100 claims previously today, yet here you are demanding that he should "entertain" yet another claim.

if 100 previous claims turned out to be bullshit would YOU google the 101st?

I am not making any claims, I don't give a shit about your health. You care, you look. You don't , you don't look. Fuck off.

Because your ignorance is what fuels me. You really believe I have to prove it to you? You will be another statistic and if that's what makes you happy then you don't even need to post things like "source!". Go research it yourself...all I'm doing is telling you that you will find it.