twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah,but trent is god.

but god's dead
and no one cares

while ago
why arent there picture like this for every genre

>self-fufilling prophecy.

When it reached its peak

What do you mean Industrial's dead? Foetus is still going! So are Die Krupps, Z'ev, Frontline Assembly, Whitehouse, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy, Clock DVA, Laibach, Current 93, Raumond Watts, Cabaret Voltaire, Front 242, Klinik, Boyd Rice, Snot, Meat Beat Manifesto..."

>someone who hasn't had sex since 20 Jazz Funk Greats came out
I mean that's technically correct I guess

>the painfully obvious pun
kek

Anyone have some Industrial recs to give?
It's slowly becoming my favorite genre. Pic related is some of my favs.

gay list, pal

lmao

I'm so embarrassed right now.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch if you haven't listened to it (for whatever reason)
Genocide Organ - Leichenlinie
Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
Death in June - But What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?
ROME - Die Æsthetik der Herrschaft-Freiheit

Jump right in with Nature Unveiled

Nail is far better than Hole, but I'm assuming you've listened to it.

Don't be. This happens every time you post a chart on Sup Forums that isn't 100% "shit that no one knows".

If you've got too much Sup Forumscore, they give you shit.
If you have 0% Sup Forumscore, "pleb"
Too many old bands? "dadrocker"
Too many X genre bands? "lmao"
Not even a single X genre band? "pleb"

>welcome to Sup Forums faggot

Nitzer Ebb is dead though. Douglas is doing Fixmer/McCarthy now.

Where do I start with skinny puppy?

>recommends neofolk in an industrial thread

Too Dark Park

Thanks Satan

here´s an 80s gem I never see recommended

>that five minute period back in 2012 where a bunch of London producers tried to bring industrial back
I'm kind of sad nothing much became of that

> When did industrial music die?
when americans got to it
altought I like pic related and a few others

You're welcome, Jesus

arca

When it reached its peak

>hellbilly deluxe
>SH2 soundtrack
>fucking yeezus

> mfw weak ass synth music is called industrial

I would say from the start since Remission is awesome and they got weirder and weirder with time

Also, why does Sup Forums hate KMFDM? up until Adios they made some solid stuff, ANGST/NIHIL/Xtort are all 8/10 albums.

>Being this wrong
Industrial peaked in 87-91 and guess where most of those bands came from.

I would say MM and nu-metal sucked what remained as the "soul" of the genre and all those shitty German EBM-goth crap was the final nail to the coffin

It died around the time Richard Patrick decided to make Industrial buttrock instead of remaining under Trent's tutelage.

The next generation just didn't materialize with anything of lasting effect. It wasn't helped when Trent washed his hands of Industrial music completely (Although if Burning Bright's lyrics are a preview of whats to come that might o longer be the case)

youtube.com/watch?v=uGD-kZeET5g

I would listen to induvidual tracks first. Get a good feel on it before the albums. Then go to live performances and wallow in the performance art and cry a little because holy fuck Dwayne was so pretty ;_;

Around the same time Rammstein appeared on the map, so yeah, 1997 might be the year industrial died

Luckily some good classic bands came back in the mid 00's and released decent stuff or started touring again. Skinny puppy's post reunion stuff is decent (even if Ohgr and Download are better now) and saw Nitzer Ebb and Ministry live a couple of years ago and was one of the best shows I ever seen

youtu.be/aL2rjvXr-sg?t=1m27s

There's good industrial still being made.

Terrorfakt
ESA
Pneumatic Detach
wk [es] >webuildmachines.com/album/chronos
Rose Red Flechette
Katarrhaktes
Prometheus Burning

>>SH2 soundtrack
it's actually a great example of drone and industrial, even the first games soundtracks more so

when tront and monson stoped being frends

stop it brion you ned to get bak into shape

>that list
WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW

when john died

Kind of contrarian album choices but the artists presented are all solid

Literally who?
Youth Code and Uniform are good thou, also theres a great industrial-noise punk movement in Japan, 444capsule is the only name I remember

tbqh kinda pumped for the new Ohgr album, teaser sounded good and apparently he got rid of Mark Walk (finally).
Raymond Watts finally got his shit together after getting cucked by Sasha K and "the gospel" is his best since "the swinging" which is not saying much but it's something

pls, as much as I love Coil not many listened to them when they where alive.
Old industrial fans dropped the ball on then after LSD

youtube.com/watch?v=hxgaIodUpuw

Stop making me feel Reznor.

Also, I would like to see a revival of Pigface now that Trent and Ogre have sobered up and matured. No Al allowed.

goat

Al was never part of Pigface, also there was a reunion last year if I remember correctly, neither Trent or Ogre where part of it, I think En Esch was the only member that was part of their "good" albums in the lineup.

I say no Al allowed less because of Pigface and more on how mean Al was to baby Reznor kek.

Wut?

Am I the only one having fun with the current kmfdm fb drama?
Biopic material for shure

I mean i like it too but its a weird example to give

some time in the mid-80s
it got overtaken by industrial-inspired crap like ebm and industrial rock

I don't have the direct passage, but Al would lure young impressionable Trent into Binge Drinking, then call him a faggot for getting sick and would generally mistreat him. All of this was done during the early tours.

A few years later Trent called Al up about doing a remix for Get Down Make Love and they decided to have a contest of who could stay awake longer while drinking, so while Trent wasn't looking Al would snort cocaine, and put roofies into Trent's drinks. Trent finally passed out an Al shaved half his head before Trent woke up and started screaming.

When cyber goth came around

i mean, who knows how credible it is. but this is the story.

this fucking ding dong. i wish he'd stop releasing shitty music as a promotion for his t-shirt business.

When U2 cited EN and KMFDM as influences

I read the book, its gr8. your joke sucked, thats all

the thing is, Sasha stole Raymonds band when they toured together, refused to reunite with En Esch, Gunter and Watt for a single benefit show and Lucia is a literall succibi who stirs the pot for them to keep fighting
meanwhile Pig, En Esch with Schultz are touring together and apparently having so much fun that some of the old female vocalists are joining in on some gigs, even Skold showed up.
And Sasha/Lucia are dissing them because they do KMFDM songs that they wrote

and thats just the tip

I think EN opened for them in berlin during the POP tour, might be wrong thou

so industrial killed industrial?
who knew?

Why are they all armless ?

And there's
Powell, Author and Punisher, Ancient Methods, Caustic, Silent Servant, Cut Hands, clipping... we're still here and aren't going away.

that's how memes where drawn in ancient times

just listened to a couple, it's like a generation of kids that grew on Metropolis Records. Could be worse, at least they skipped the Cleopatra Records era
just remembered all those ridiculous 90s industrial tribute albums to ac/dc and madonna

fuck, i'm old

Latest PIG album sucks ass.

*BRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP*

i like whitehouse and current93 what next

Yep, there's a lot of people from outside the Goth Scene (which is dying on its arse) or whose interests would cross over between the "industrial scene" and the wider electronic music community making absolutely cracking stuff these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=pP1Q3VU79_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9SoWXV72E
youtube.com/watch?v=7OAJSNBQ0Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=fuRalaLTR0A
youtube.com/watch?v=U4mYo3dLE5c

Lest we forget 3TEETH, and the retro-coldwave stuff thats going on, Boy Harsher, Azar Swan, Zoe Zanias etc. Industrial Music and its various associated genre is actually in a much healthier state these days than it has been for a while.

Coil

Industrial Metal is making a slow comeback.

>I'm going back
>Of course I am
>As if I ever had a choice
>Back to what I always knew I was
>On the inside
>Back to what I really am
>Look at this pathetic place I made
>With little bits of sticks and hair
>And anything I found along the way
>And tell yourself, you know?
>You're not really what you know you are
>You know?
>Of course you do
>I think I may have even listened to you
>I think I may have even listened to you
>At the height of my demise

>And oh my God, I have missed you
>It has been so long
>And I am stronger than I have ever been in my decline
>I am stronger than I have ever been in my decline
>For now I know, now I know, now I know for certain
>Now I know for certain
>Oh, burn motherfucker
>Carry the carcass and throw it on
>Pull up a chair and watch
>The flies come roaring out
>And will surround the entire world
>And blacken out the sky and every last one of you
>Like a plague of locusts
>Like an exit
>Like an end
>Like an end
>Like an end
>Like the end

Hold onto your butts, boys.

This user knows his shit.

>He threw in a cheeky Yeezus wrench right at the end of his obvious bait list
>all of the autistic NIN kiddies shat themselves simultaneously

Nice one, bud

This is some good timing on this thread. I just started to dip my feet into EBM a few weeks ago. I didn't even know this stuff existed and I never really saw myself getting into industrial but its really growing on me. All i've listened to so far is the entry-level stuff discogs has recommended like Front 242, DAF, Die Krupps, and Ministry. I also randomly bought a Controlled Bleeding record I found on record store day (Curd).

Where should I go from here? Any essentials I haven't touched yet?

Is there anything quite like Pretty Hate Machine? I've listened to other late 80s EBM (Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, etc.) and the other highlights of NIN's discography, but nothing comes close to PHM's sound.

Well, you could check out some of the artists on this handy playlist I created for occasions such as this:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZc10FH8Is_iiCSh3uIqueZdMpzKxcP3Q

And you might also want to check some second-wave stuff, the best of which are Haujobb, Orange Sector and Spark! imo

>Haujobb
Good taste

Also, get (or torrent) The Black Box WaxTraxx best of compilation. Some amazing stuff on there, particularly the third disc.

No one in the 80s really did what he did and anyone in the 90s who did didn't sound like the 80s.

big black >>>>>>>>>>>>> all industrial

Classic (True) Industrial fan here, 1982. Everything else is remnants or Post-Industrial.

Most of that is Post-Industrial.

Americans have always been part of it, we gave it the genre name, just ask Monte Cazzaza.

Nurse With Wound

Hi Steve

>tfw listened to all foetus releases
Yes, also Steroid Maximus

Steroid Maximus is good tho.
How is Manorexia? Only a few vids on YouTube and don't have a computer right now.
Wiseblood was best side project.

I... Didn't mention those...
I listened the Lydia Lunch collab and SM but other side proyects I didn't...
Don't know what to expect with that though

You said all, user... :-( Don't mislead me
Wiseblood is bretty good tho. Think you can find it all on YouTube and SoundCloud for a listen. Can't find much of anything on Manorexia tho.

And you post a pic of someone who was blatantly ripping off Einstürzende Neubauten stage performances.
Hanatarash was a meme.

>when americans got to it
You mean like Boyd Rice?

It's coming back, it's a thing again.

You don't know what you're talking about
I was in Sonar '00 when they started to do live gigs and they were huge
The buzz around Coil's last years was considerable and the live reincarnation was pretty succesful
I am talking of course outside mainstream, but nevertheles huge, specially propelled by electronic music media
You must be a new Coil fan, get your facts straight boy

The only thing I got fromthis Bread is I want this qt

wtf? these people has absolutely nothing to do with metropolis, cut hands is william fucking bennett

>the one guy who actually likes industrial
>everything he lists is basic bitch Sup Forums industrial essentials
LOL

>retro-coldwave
literally cancer and its spreading worldwide, and dont even get me started on those "minimal-synth" girl-boy duos, I swear I hear the same presets in most of them
is something more pathetic than replicating DAF with a mac runing Ableton Live?

>Controlled Bleeding
good choice senpai, you can try Ramleh, Nitzer Ebb, Babyland, Spahn Ranch, Early TKK and Electric Hellfire Club, and of course Skinny Puppy and Neubauten. That should cover some more bases

Hate Dept maybe? there was a industrial-lite scene in the 90s inspired on PHM but trust me, you dont wanna go there.
A lot of albums from that era had that "funky" sound, like TKK and pre "Naive" KMFDM

Actually I'm old enough to remember when Scatology finally came out on CD and remember the guy from the store telling me to not even bother with post LSD stuff, this was before the internet of course
Maybe they where succesful in Europe when they finally started playing live again, but for the rest of the world they where as big as NON and C93 (DiJ was always bigger)

There are some bands doing interesting stuff heavily influenced by old industrial and other genres in South America
these guys are argentinian but live in Berlin and are amazing live
youtube.com/watch?v=63lnRC1c7vY

there are other good bands, but just listen to some compilations or recs from MH

>tfw will never suck on those patrician nips

>Scatology finally came out on CD
You mean the remaster? Cause Scatology on CD came just a few years after the LP and was not a limited pressing or rare at all, I bougth it second handed on 95/96