Seriously; when did you grow out of metal?

Seriously; when did you grow out of metal?
if you're still into metal please do not respond under any circumstances.

Me? 14

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3hnDRjFtRfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>heh look at me I don't like a certain style of music look how much of an adult I am

lmaoing at your life right now

16~17

why does metal anger indie /fa/gs so much it's the only thing they get mad about

i was 79, dying of cancer. i barely made it in time desu

>if you're still into metal please do not respond under any circumstances.

suck my minuscule, dirty, uncircumcised male member.

faggot

like 14 or something, i was such a cunt and thought metal was the only good genre and laughed at anyone who listened to another genre.
fuck i hate 14 year old me

Late 15/Early 16

But that was a whole year ago dude. Don't be so hard on yourself.

you just like to imagine they're angry so that you have something to rail against.

you define yourself relationally.

But I don't like metal I just think that its funny how you think it's """adult""" to not like a certain genre.

I started to get into metal at 19 after never listening to it before. It's pretty good desu.

>these b8 threads still work after years

can you get my cum out of your mouth holy shit

>wants to make a point
>that metalheads aren't hateful and angry
>chooses james hetfield as an example

priceless. when will metalheads learn?

You should at least have grown out of the "metal is the best and only genre"-bullshit by 18

Saying you're above listening to metal at all after the age of 18 also makes you a big fat faggot

you probably were quite insecure about your masculine identity when you were younger (even if you're a grill)

Metal is in a far better state in 2017 than indie rock is
This is demonstrable objective fact

When did metal become nerd music?

It used to be the soundtrack of disenchanted working classes in blue collar jobs. real men.

1989?

I've only recently gotten into ambient black metal, but it's more because I like the ambient side of it and the soundscapes. It's pretty cool, but I'd never call myself a metalhead.

>probably
how about you lurk more and learn how to shitpost

>lumpy shit is better than runny shit

as a general rule, black, stoner, and doom are metal for people that don't like metal. normally indie people.

logic is not their strong suit

Bad b8

After I finished school.
My whole personality changed in just a few weeks

Metal fans will always be more passionate and happy than indiefags
Indie tells you you feel weird because you're smart
Metal tells you that you feel weird, but you're really not

14 but I still listen some Metallica and Megadeth records from time to time

mods

how about you stop listening to the lyrics you fucking dork

I'm a dork who still enjoys music
Your cynicism has made you cold inside and you know it has
You'll go to your grave with that *great* taste of yours
Well done man

lol @ the irony of this post

explain

>makes post about how metalheads look for something to complain about
>is just looking for something to complain about

literally listening to trap atm you're a fucking retard

14 was the age they outgrew it

finally, the voice of reason appears

Those dogs didn't stop them from suing Napster

Cool, what trap

>stop liking what I don't like, the post

Speed Metal is quite possibly the nerdiest genre of music in existence. There's a reason they use that shit for anime soundtracks and theme songs. It's the cheesiest music, and becomes so much worse when you see how the people who listen to it and the people who preform it dress and act. It's so cheesy, and when I say cheesy I don't mean like gruyere, I mean like cheep ass kraft american cheese.

\m/

I listen to more metal now than I did as a 14yo metalcore kid.
I actually credit an early love of metal with giving me an open mind to try extreme musical styles, a lot of which I end up liking.
People who can't into metal end up crying when they realize that cool Sun Bat Her meme album has evil screaming :(( which just makes them look like huge plebs.

16 unironically

I dont know, but weebs and other socially akward faggots embraced metal, so for me its fucking gay. Having said that, i just dont like metal, but hate their fans

Rock is dead, all of it. Why mince over who's king of the shit pile?

> I'm 16 and I listen to REAL music like Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips, and Grimes
> mealheads are so cringe hahahaha

>talking in absolutes
2/10 too obvious

makes you think

it's not the evil screaming that I dislike (screaming is rad when accompanied with the right music, and I'm a huge punk fan) it's the wack ass instrumentals and the image that goes along with it. I seriously cannot listen to metal without seeing the muscular, sweaty dudes wearing black tank tops with their long straightened viking hair down below their shoulders...it's just gross. Plus the whole genre seems so inauthentic, like it's made for people and by people who want to feel tough without actually being tough. Most of the music and lyrics are pure cheese. It's not raw at all, so it just sounds fake.

Every time I see some metal guitarist slay some complex solo I say "wow good for him, still sounds like absolute cheese covered shit".

I've always felt like this, but outside of here I've been in the vocal minority, so it was a huge relief to see people who feel the same way.

> I don't like loud guitar solos
Christgau pls go

>I seriously cannot listen to metal without seeing the muscular, sweaty dudes wearing black tank tops with their long straightened viking hair down below their shoulders

that's because you're gay as shit

>huge relief
Your insecurity is showing
If you think the ridiculousness of metal is lost on metal fans you genuinely don't get it

I love this picture

I never got into it

/thread

Pic related
tell me this isn't the gayest shit you've ever heard

youtube.com/watch?v=3hnDRjFtRfA
forgot link

Honestly, I can't picture that guy beimg smart, he kinda looks like an huge asshole

lmao he is a huge asshole but he's also got decent tastes over all

i agree with you

sounds bisexual more than anything

When did you 'grow' out of metal? You grew out of metal when you started like Millennial Whoop songs. You grew out of metal when they didn't play it on radio any longer. Actually you don't even fucking know what radio is...

Music is music. I don't give a fuck if it's acceptable on twitter or not.

anyone else getting back into metal? I'm not interested in thrash anymore, but black/ambient metal is good stuff

Go listen to some more Swans and Animal Collective you pretentious fuck.

asking this question bc someone here might answer it, how do I into metal?

I usually don't give a shit about vocals but the issue with me for most metal is just that it sounds fucking boring, most of the stuff I've listened to is super cheesy, trite, and generic. If I only really like stuff like Boris, Burzum, and like Sleep, what more metal should I listen to outside of the general black/drone kinda stuff?

Why don't the puzzle pieces fit together who would do this

It's done to weed out the autists
>you've been exposed

>if you're still into metal please do not respond under any circumstances.
>DON'T RESPOND IF YOU DISAGREE THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE!!
fuck off faggot

>imgur filename

>music
>not childish
pick one

I don't listen to guitar music but metal is still my favorite

>tfw I'm easily triggered but the metal is for children "argument" does noting for me
That's when you know someone dug the horse out of its grave to beat it.

pretty sure it's the other way around.
metal feels good when you are angry, it's like venting but without acting.

I haven't grown out of it completely there are a lot of solid artists but I've definitely moved to like other genres

>I seriously cannot listen to metal without seeing the muscular, sweaty dudes wearing black tank tops with their long straightened viking hair down below their shoulders
>Most of the music and lyrics are pure cheese
This is literally why metal is amazing tho.

like 13

Reminder switching from metal to hip hop is just as bad as continuing to listen to metal. Both are childish genres.

/thread

kek

whoa

why would you grow out of it especially if you're a musician. metal is the pinnacle of great musicianship and musicality. why listen to faggot music strumming away on a D7maj chord singing about sentient animals or rapping about "muh bitches, muh bling" when you can learn actual talents like nashville picking, cross sticking paradiddles or spider chords to songs about whales, machines taking over or astral projection.

i'd tell you to think about it but i guess your not the thinking type of human being based on your original post.

being musically complex and having technical ability=/=good. Simplicity can be more powerful than complexity. Metal can be complex, but it sounds like corny schlock.