You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

it's not bait you faggot
it's a dose of reality

damn those liberal snowflakes amirite?!

so i need to be a redditor to be allowed to like this show?

can you TLDR; this, my eyes are tired from thinking

"DARN THOSE KIDS AND THEIR CRAPPY TV, BACK IN MY DAY/...."

dude it doesn't matter if you like or hate the show. just don't come crying to Sup Forums about it. i don't personally watch the show but i don't run around calling people who do watch it mindless. just my 2 cents

That's Facebook not reddit

Dude. Chill. It's just a tv show.

or - OR - maybe people like the show because it is funny
crazy I know
fuck off with your pseudointellectual bait shit

>unironically saying "dude"

>or - OR -
reddit

U mad that other people are having fun?

hey man whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

This dude wrote a whole story on Sup Forums without using green text. Make this chucklecuck a meme.

>U mad
>hey man
>This dude
this thread is a cesspit of underaged autism

Have you done your taxes yet OP?

sweetie, you're gonna wanna find a different place if you actually want to have a conversation

But it's facebook

>That feel when you type your heart out in an essay criticizing a show and Sup Forums mocks you because you struggle to understand social ques

rip op

>sweetie

that is actually a tumblr thing, though i use neither. nice try though.

i like the enthusiasm, keep getting mad at people on Sup Forums. see how it goes for you

I unironically did them just last week.

You're such a fucking kid my god. Oh my fucking God you are such an embarrassing fuck. I feel so sad for you. I don't mean this ironically. Actually kill yourself. Just die.

Kek u mad

I'm glad you have at least one of your priorities in order.

even worse

kys

>keep getting mad
i'm laughing at and mocking you retards

how does one do taxes ironically

>my god. Oh my fucking God
I bet you're the kind of guy who says "holy shit" or "holy fuck" a lot.

alright buddy don"t get too riled up. wouldn't wanna make you upset

>trying to belittle people by calling them "buddy"
that's just about the least offensive thing you could have done there

also
>sarcasm

just stop posting please

alright buddy you done yet? or you still have stuff you need to get off your chest?

This thread will soon 404 and nobody cares about your rant.

Are you okay OP? Do you need someone to talk to?

Why'd you post a selfie?

I have to agree.

Consider the nature of children's cartoons as of late - practically ADHD-bait in themselves. Anyone who doesn't have an attention problem when they start watching, will by the end of the episode. It's low-quality comedy thrown at the kids at a blistering speed; you don't have enough time to actually think about it before the show has moved on to the next joke.

The only difference between this and that is that Rick and Morty tosses in some pseudo-tragedy every now and then. Let's compare this to a few cartoons from a decade or so ago.

I'm gonna go with Samurai Jack, South Park, and Dragon Ball Z. Each of them exist today in some level of similarity to then, but let's consider them as they were at the time.

Samurai Jack was no stranger to humor, but the art style's intense stylization conveyed a clear mood. That mood ranged from peaceful and calm to violent and desperate. The episodes of Samurai Jack that are considered to be the best today are those which stayed dark throughout most of the episode, and contained enemies which challenged Jack, pushing him to his limits.

South Park, on the opposite end, was entirely humor-based. However, it achieved this humor by connecting adult comedy to childlike thought patterns and priorities. They act the part of children in the beginning, but the disgusting and violent nature of an adult world is what acts as a constant antagonist, in some way or another. For all its poop jokes and violence, it remains a thoughtful show underneath a layer of filth.

Dragon Ball Z is, of course, a completely separate beast. What people remember about it are the fight scenes that went on way too long (which was vaguely solved with Dragon Ball Kai, the remastered and shortened release). What they forget was the dramatic plot, the emotional deaths, and the comedy that arises when the main characters relax.

Compared to these series, which most people consider to be average at best, Rick and Morty is utter shit.

This is just too funny. You insult people, they laugh, and the response is
>I'M THE ONE LAUGHING AT YOU! HA! HA! HA! HA! LOOK AT ME LAUGHING. HA! HA!

Why so long

Something something thoughtful discussion something something intellect.

I just watch it casually. It's okay.

>I said it again XD
forcing yourself to double down to prove a point just screams of desperation

>they laugh
except that never happened because they're angry that I offended their reddit sensibilities

more desperation on your behalf

I liked the first season quite a bit, but it feels like they only had enough grade A material for one season. I thought there were a couple of good episodes in season two but for the most part I wasn't impressed. The only thing I got out of the most recent episode was confirmation that it's continuing to go downhill.

I do agree that they're weighing it down with a bunch of basic philosophical crap. I would be partially OK with this if I felt like this was somehow going to pay off, but at this point I don't trust the creators to bring it to a satisfying conclusion.

BAIT AS FUCK

but seriously, i think it's fucking stupid that i cant watch a funny improv comedy show, just let people watch what they want you autistic neckbeard

Another episode of everything I don't like is for stupid people.

Suck a bag of Dicks op

Rick and Morty is a cartoon for adults who don't know Archer or Bojack.

>Adults who have been inundated with shit on every single channel, including this one

FTFY

>i dont like thing so im going to make a long post about how i dont like thing because i care so little

also copy pasta

you are such a sad little faggot

>make a long post
>copy pasta

and you'll cry yourself to sleep tonight

just including both variations

I literally cannot even remember the last time I cried.

Why are you so desperately projecting?

You want me to be angry/sad so badly. It's pathetic.

I said it in the last thread i saw and i'll say it again. Why are you so utterly butt blasted by rick and morty, OP? This has gotta be what, the fifth time you've made a variation of this thread? Did rick molest you when you were a kid or something? I just don't get it

>butt blasted
are you 12 years old?

No, but you clearly are

>no u

>mindless self validation
>implying this post isn't about criticizing rick and morty fans in order to feel validated.

Any love for Bojack the Horseman?

reddit

Also you didn't even answer my question. Why do you feel the need to make so many threads just to tell people who really don't care that you hate this one particular show so badly? What are you accomplishing?

Who hurt you OP?

Apparently. If reddit decided the ribeye was "their steak" half the faggots over here would go apeshit about everybody who ever enjoyed one and how they can't understand the nuances of top round.

This is the only thread I've made.

Chill, bro

already been done to death

reddit would never like ribeye