Was punk originally rightwing?

Was punk originally rightwing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE
youtube.com/watch?v=Su0Hvt6hTmA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-s_rRwOf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The ramones were formed by the CIA to prevent the american youth from turning to communism

if by right-wing you mean they hated commies than yeah

STOP MAKING PUNK THREADS TO DISGUISE YOUR Sup Forums ANTICS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Wikipedia
you sure showed 'em tiger

lol wikipedia
>left is GOOD
>right is BAD!

It must be strange to have your whole worldview crippled by this fake left/right dicotomy. Do you look at everyday objects, rabbits, pencils, clouds and subconsciously classify them left or right.

punk was originally "fuck the government" i.e. "fuck big government" which is a right-wing ideal, but nowadays who the hell knows

youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE

yes

Not OP, but I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It's pretty obvious that any politically geared music takes some sort of side

Punk has always been about hating whatever is the mainstream thing is to hate; what the government and media wants you to hate. Back then it was commies/leftists, now it's donald trump/right-wings

the Ramones may have invented punk music, but they didn't invent the punk ideology. thy created punk by accident anyway

Not being a communist doesn't make you right wing

But as a ramones fan, punk was rebellion in all shapes and sizes which let the ramones take a more conservative shape

They toured with leftist bands this is not true and not to mentioned each of their albums were able to hit the charts. Which was the mainstream that people criticized in the first place

this is just plain wrong. One of the biggest punk bands of all time, that started out shortly after the Ramones, the Clash, identified as marxists and well lived up to that image.

Also, to all you dumbasses in this thread youtube.com/watch?v=Su0Hvt6hTmA

Johnny was the only right wing member of the group. Joey was a massive liberal, and this was one of the main reasons for why they fought so much.

This is all shit you can find on fucking wikipedia

its 2017. literally LITERALLY everything is politicized. pick a side and double down

why did reagan visit nazi graves anyway?

are you literally retarded?

>any politically geared music takes some sort of side
No, only if you see the world in pre-ordained sides. It is pretty much the opposite, punk took it's own side in contrast to the already existing sides. Then people who think in this narrow bipolar way seek to claim punk for the right or left.

>Johnny was the only right wing member of the group
In OP image all member are doing thumbs down

>it's another alt-righters try to convince themselves that they're the new punk episode

>everyone right of center is alt right

Punk was the Selling of a style and appearance over actual content. Rap is just the continuation.

it's everybody that doesn't share far left beliefs is alt right.

never heard this before but it sounds legitimately plausible

It's always been like this, there's never been an apolitical era. Just braindead people only see two sides, with us or against us and reduce politics to team play.

Did you ever think that maybe it was just a bunch of kids fooling around?

Most of their music isn't very political, and their most political song is an anti-Reagan anthem. Joey was the only conservative in the group, and he only agreed to play on Bonzo Goes to Bitburg if they would change the name to Bonzo instead of the original title, Bozo Goes to Bitburg. He was a huge Regan fan. Joey despised him. This is all very public information.

*johnny was a conservative not joey, he said god bless president bush in his hall of fame speech. but yeah they weren't really political

oh yea typo, my comment doesn't make sense anymore

You don't have to the be right wing to be anti-communist m8.

>he still thinks there's such thing as left or right
stay unwoke kid

Unsure I buy this but they're so fake, that it wouldn't surprise me. Pic related.

Since when were conservatives right-wing?

NO, straight answer.

>it's either right wing or approving communism
i'm sick of this fucking mentality

are you retarded

What kind of question is that?

two jews in new york? what are the odds?

Back then punk was mainly against the mainstream. Doesn't matter if right- or leftwing. The border between those two political sides were not that strict as today. You could easily hang out with leftwing punks as someone who was a nationalist and they would respect your opinion.

Today everyone is just hating each other

In all seriousness, it was a reactionary musical movement, so you're bound to get some actual conservatives in there. There was also the weird flirtation with the fascist aesthetic, but that was probably just edginess, mostly.

Two in Ramones plus their manager, three in The Dictators. And as also mentioned there, Lenny Kaye and Chris Stein.

one that even a retard should be able to answer

sounds like one a retard would ask desu

what are both you guys favourite punk band; one i like least is the retard. GO!
EVERYONE POST YOUR FAVORITE PUNK BAND AND GET JUDGED BY ME

X-Ray Spex

100% MEH

Punk was originally anarchic.

dropped

kek

>Come jump in the ocean of piss with me senpai~!

No thank you. You're free to meme IRL and cringe the rest of us out though, you beautiful nu-hippy.

Only correct post itt rn.

Those are the kids that are calling me cuck online?

No, groups like The Ramones and Sex Pistols used Nazi imagery to shock and offend people.

maybe for first wave, second wave/hardcore is muh purity

Yeah, and those kids GUARANTEED are alpha as fuck and fuck leftist cucks' girlfriends. Also they would have voted for Trump if they were of legal voting age :-(

Flipper or Minutemen
(I'm the one who asked)

nifty and boring in that order

DUDE MINUTEMEN LMAO
youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-s_rRwOf8

What's your thoughts on Urinals or the Cramps
Also post your favorite band fag

meh and great
GISM

>Ramones wrote the lyrics "I'm a nazi, baby. I'm a nazi, yes I am!"
>Jewish manager forced them to change the lyrics
Hmm...

Based!! You don't have to be born before 9/11 to make a difference

lame favorite band tbqh. I don't really have a favorite punk band but I know that Flipper, Minutemen, and the Cramps are in the competition. Urinals is rad tho idk what yer talking about.

also, favorite band is a copout. Favorite albums?

ok look im way too lazy to read through all these posts but anybody who said something that wasn't along the lines of "punk has no wing, because wings support the system" is objectively wrong

sacrilege- behind the realms of madness
doom- police bastard
hellbastard- ripper crust

GO

And this is you

Slip It In-Black Flag
Negative Capability...Check it Out-Urinals
Generic-Flipper
Blank Generation-Richard Hell and the Voidoids
Songs the Lord Taught Us-the Cramps

Never been one for traditional hardcore

Whoops, didn't mean to offend you. Thought I was talking to some real punx!

I'M

I'm a part of the so-called "alt right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

richard hell is greatest for american first wave which is not my favorite subgenre

Next you'll ironically use the words snowflake and safe space and be the walking reddit centrist stereotype that you are

Not my favorite genre either but the guitar playing on that album is nuts, and it's just over all wicked unique

what are you listening to right now?

Pass the Distance-Simon Finn

In terms of punk though the closest thing to a punk album I've listened to today is Bad Moon Rising by Sonic Youth, but I've been in much more of a post punk mood lately

fatal portrait by king diamond
been on a metal kick

It doesn't matter. Punk musicians are almost all mentally deficient idiots who shrieked over sub-par guitar noises, and even the ones who were artistically accomplished had milquetoast political opinions that should be ignored immediately.
Probably not, but if so, good.
There is nothing prohibiting political discussion on this board as long as it is also related to music
Everybody knows that the dichotomy is more complex than this, but because of the general bipolarizing effects that come from first past the post voting, speaking in this manner is not entirely inaccurate. You are pretending you have some secret knowledge when you do not.
There is no evidence of this being true.

Thankfully, most people who make any decisions come to them completely independently of embarrassing punk musicians that shout over guitars. Nearly all musicians are close to being mentally retarded, with very few exceptions.

what's your favorite punk band?