Can somebody please explain to me why "Get Out" was such a well-received movie...

can somebody please explain to me why "Get Out" was such a well-received movie? this was just as predictable and annoying as any other box office horror bullshit movie. "here's about 20 metaphors, oh and in case you didn't get it let me spend 10 minutes explaining it to you, before an intense action sequence that ties together all the loose ends"
seriously why do i even bother going to the show

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well most people arent as cynical or jaded as you are, so...

genre sucks, was actually good.

Found the nigger

Because the roody poos on twitter love to hear about how every white person is racist against them.

Trim your neckbeard

Man, Sup Forums has to have the most predictable community on the entire internet.

yeah i watch way too many movies so this is a possibility
elaborate

It was well-received because a bunch of people (read : marketing team and facebook sponser) said it was good, deep, must see etc etc, and people are afraid of not being in the know or feeling like they don't "get it" so they all said they liked it too. Its the classic normie, if something starts becoming popular, everyone flocks to it because they are scared of being out of the loop. Oh and it panders to race, which is the hot topic of the last 2 years.

tl;dr Normies want to look in the know, and also race discussion and baiting sells. movie was average to below average predictable horror film

Not even the guy you replied to, but this dumbass response is the equivalent of when moronic trumptards cant handle that people think differently from them, so they just scream "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, LEAVE!"

"If you arent a virgin basement dweller edgelord like me, you r a nigar. Lmao top trolololololololol"

It just shows your severe autism. Try a constructive response next time.

well that fucked me up

waht in the fuck was that word vomit

Fuck off black supremacists shit stain

This. It's a circle jerk of black people and SJWs. Circle jerk how evil whytes are evil and how superior black people are. They are nothing more than black supremacists. But I hope it finally comes to end after that Netflix Dear White People episode and ratings...

>race, which is the hot topic of the last 2 years
So...you're only two years old? And already posting on imageboards?
Crazy.

>I was bullied by a black kid in school

but the movie ended up being not even about race, but mind control, only relevant to race in the specific context of the movie. so this seems like a bit of a stretch in terms of racism.
tl;dr you seem biased af

>I'm a dumb niggerlover. please don't bad talk my bull

*shrug* It's a good, fun movie that plays on stereotypes that are widely held by African Americans about whites, and that aren't usually brought into the mainstream, making it fresh and new. It's also honest and unafraid of offending in the name of both comedy and making a social statement. I rather liked it.

It's okay. They can't heckle you on Sup Forums. You're safe here.

>Tl;dr

In short, its perfectly fine not to be such a colossal faggot.

kek

You sound like you literally got your ass kicked by a black kid in school today.

Nice argument you have there. But don't worry I know it's hard to form any real argument for black people...

so nobody has answered my question, but instead discussed race issues that only apply to 1/10th of the movie.
i'm talking about the integrity of the film. the fact that they give away the plot when you first see the blank-faced stare while arriving at the house. the fact that everything after that is just a hint about mind-control that has to do with black people for an unimaginable reason. the fact that even after all the "subtle" hints, Jordan still felt the need to explain everything to the audience. the fact that the only mysterious, climactic scene of the movie was ruined by the predictability and uniformity. pls, why was this garbage so well-received?

You aint fooling anyone, friend

a lot of horror movies are shit anyway...a lot of them, especially modern ones, rely too much on twists or interesting premises and bungle the execution and make little to no sense...

Found the nigger

Had good marketing and cinematography.
Autists screeching about black people touching on race issues also helped

Quit samefagging

Found the neckbeard who saw his "waifu" getting gang banged by black guys on snapchat.

You're just being a contrarian, you'll get past it in like 10th grade or so.

Again. Nice argument. Tell me why can't black people form any meaningful arguments. It's always "muh whiteys" and "muh raycism". And after those they start to calling you names and insult you. Why can't you people form any arguments?! It can't be so fucking hard to make an actual counter argument...

I'm white and post boss OC. But hell no I'd never glorify a movie that puts down white people if we can't put them down in return

He knew himself he was better

youre defensiveness and absurd overreactions/baseless assumptions tell it all, friend.
Calling people "nigger" on Sup Forums won't change the fact that the black kid who gives you shit at school is still fucking your crush's brains out most nights!

Probably because they write just like you

nice tl;dr of 2 sentences with 2 sentences. also oversimplifying your entire explanation lol

Not the guy you responded to, but you're a fucking moron. Your very first reply to him was calling him a nigger. You must be a Trump supporter, because you're stupid as fuck.

Pretty average OC. And you sound like a pussy that cant take critisism. The movie isnt "putting down" white people, you idiot. Its just a fucking movie. The director is married to a white woman, for fucks sake. Grow a fuckin pair.

found the angry blacky browsing 4chins

is that your 'boss OC'? lul

Exactly why he married white, because he knows how fucked up his worst half is.

Director also half white

The director is also half-white

hmm. Well, at my high school the black guys went after the fat white girls that no one else was competing for, but who am I to judge a capitalist economy? (Also, I'm sure some/many white girls are curious about what black guys are like...but is it really more than there are black girls who would 1000% put out for a hot white guy who showed interest?)

Where can I watch it? stuck on a desolate island cant seem to find a copy to download as of yet

>race issues that only apply to 1/10th of the movie

Willful ignorance isn't really that cute; the whole movie is unapologetically about racism. And while some parts of the end were a little predictable, I doubt anyone got all of it the first time through. I found the twist quite good.

Your local movie theatre

Legit everyone here finds you pathetic.

Yeah. This, too.

Anyone with a social life (which you clearly dont have), knows that there are a lot more white girls who are hungry for black cock to experiment with, than black guys to white guys. But Im not insecure like you, so I dont care, either way.

KEK. And this is how African-Americans slowly but surely dilute their blood. They are only race in America which prefers all other races over their own. All other races prefer their own people more than "outsiders". Generation after generation they dilute it more and more.

African-Americans are shrinking fast as their offspring is more and more likely to be mixed. And this is BEAUTIFUL

TRUTH! But it's fun making the libtards mad when you can

It did have a lot of tells but youre exaggerating. The blank face stare didnt scream mind control. The only thing that kinda hinted at white brains in black bodies was the mentions of being born physically stronger. You're looking too deeply into this

not released in Aus until May 4

I didn't call anybody a nigger. Don't try to lie you fuck head. Take your black supremacist crap out of here.

They legit getting so mad!

Eventually we'll all be a vaguely brown/tan monolith race anyway. I think the statistics show that "white" people (a very broad label) are actually shrinking the fastest.
Seriously tho, quit samefaggin

late note chan amirite?

please stop with the 'boss oc' if its not actually good. thx

>Goddamn, this thread.

It was a fun, well-written movie with some interesting ideas. It wasn't offensively stupid, didn't pander to the audience, and avoided hamfisted social commentary. If you thought this movie was worse than your average horror movie, or even comedy, then you have brain problems.

nonono I didn't say black *guys* I said black *girls* are into white guys, on the off chance that a white guy will actually be into a black girl. When black girls are hot, they're really hot, but waaay more are duds. That's why so many black guys make an effort with white girls. That and getting over their cultural inferiority complex by telling themselves that fucking a white girl a couple of times makes them superior to white guys, when they know that said white girls would never consider settling down with them. Which was, funnily enough, a theme in Get Out! #backontopic

The movie was intended to be a commentary on how white liberals do more damage than good, while they act like an ally.

People get so mad over nothing that'll change anything. Might as well feed their fuel

preach

Thanks for the insight, resident armchair anthropologist

Black people are shrinking fastest adjusted to whole population. White people make 77% of whole population in USA. Black people make 13% and are expected to drop to 7-8% before 2030. In 2030 white people are expected to be still over 50% of population.

Also you see this is where you are also mistaken. In America "White people" means Caucasians with most whitest skin tone. In Europe Caucasian is Caucasian. Arabs are Caucasians, Middle-Eastern people are Caucasians, most of Indians are Caucasians, most of South-Americans are Caucasians or Mestizos (mix between European and Caucasian). You wouldn't

Caucasian people are the most diverse and widely spread human group on this planet. And they are going to keep being that for a long long time.

I was going to keep posting ol girl but alright

The trailers made it look awful, really simple and dumb. Went in expecting 12 years a slave "racism is bad, mmkay" shit. But then it went in another direction entirely

lotta sourceless claims there

you can continue; there's just one vocal dick

anytime ;) I just call it like I see it

THIS!

And that's average size! Damn, the nigs have a leg up

Of course. After all, you've had 18 whole years of life experience in one city in one country to study this topic in depth.

white non cucked male here, i liked it just fine. it wasn't entirely relevant to me, but i thought it was fine. i have seen some cringe shit come out of white people attempting to be "hip" enough to be around black people...thats all the movie was about. it wasnt as much about racism as it was about the white liberal identity.

> getting over their cultural inferiority complex by telling themselves that fucking a white girl a couple of times makes them superior to white guys
What are you a nigger expert or some shit?

KEK

the white people in it where literally progressive rich liberals.

>black master race
>liberals are raycis

it attacked both right and left.

the only thing that pissed me off is how it was ratings boosted by rotten tomatoes. when it was first posted there everyone was saying it was average and it sat at 100%. it has been dropped to 99%.
rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out

Lost a lot of respect for RT, they are supposed to be some spastic insane critic that rips shit apart and shows no mercy. apparently its just some liberal shit show now.

The movie was a 5/10, not worth watching again. Wouldn't recommend it. Was amusing but slow in the beginning.

It only gets a 5/10 because i like myster/thriller movies.

For you. I hate that ring though

And that was just my long term study!

>Lost a lot of respect for RT, they are supposed to be some spastic insane critic that rips shit apart and shows no mercy. apparently its just some liberal shit show now.
lol you're a fucking retard
RT doesnt do reviews. At all. They collect all reviews of the movie and produce an aggregate score based on those reviews.

Yeah Rotten Tomatoes has been going down lately. They have started the pandering for SJWs. Final result of pandering can be seen in Mass Effect Andromeda catastrophe... When pandering for everybody and inclusions of everybody goes before good plot and good artistic work the result is always complete catastrophe. Same is with this week's Marvel comics news that comic book sales went down when they started to change old characters to different kinds of SJW dreams.

I was forced to a zoo...All black middle school while all my friends went to the safety of the normal school, I was jumped weekly, lockers constantly looted, and had to ally myself with the Spanish kids to survive. Fuck Martin Luther King middle school.

RT has it's own score too.

Revenge that. Don't ever treat any black person fairly. Don't ever employ or hire any black people. Don't even talk or associate with them. I example have decided that I will never employ a black person in my life. Never. Too much risks that you offend them somehow and they lose their shit.

Here

A steaming sjw turd trying to past itself off as a horror movie. Of zero interest to true horror movie fans, and certainly will bore those looking for quality cinema. Avid horror fans may find one or two individual moments worthwhile, but it's a mess overall.

thanks dude

After reading these, I won't see it

damn i wish i had that dick in my mouth right now

My sister saw it, and told me it was about how black folk are inheirently superior to all other races and we white people were taking control of them to live through their bodies

just stop all the fucking race baiting bullshit

It was the same damn plot as the movie the skeleton key with Kate Hudson

Just read the reviews faggot. Then decide if they are accurate or not. Stop annoying people with your "I'm too cool for this" shit

Hit me up on kik for the chick. WimpLoMilkDud

Would you suck my dick?

Bro, neither Madonna nor CoCo would go for that

oh yeah man and you can suck mine after? ;) ;)

hmu on kik we can suck each other's dicks

Something better then get out

Don't believe him. user has copied that picture from couple weeks ago when black user was asking help for his micropenis problem and how he had never been with woman because of that. That's not probably him at least judging from filename.