It's time to stop. You have a problem

2011: Green Lantern = 26%
2013: Man of Steel = 55%
2016: Batman v Superman = 27%
2016: Suicide Squad = 28%

HOLY SHIT! WTF IS WRONG WITH DC?
Are they just gonna keep pumping out garbage? Nolans movies were critically acclaimed! How the fuck did they go from critical acclaim to garbage tier?

Other urls found in this thread:

fairpagerates.com/year-in-review-2015-survey-results/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They chose poorly

>implying mcu movies are any better
>implying marvel/disney isn't paying reviewers to put in a good word for them much like sony did with ghostbusters
>implying you're not an idiot who only watches shit movies

They are, and they're not. I can't speak for the last one because I'm not OP.

the problem is that DC has better writing
and people don't want to think during movies
this is why people kept guffawing over perceived plotholes that any bit of thought would clear up for them

meanwhile marvel pays to make things look pretty, recognizing that the masses don't give a shit about a deep story if there's good looking people, quips, and explosions

you can look it up, marvel pays artists more and writers less, dc does the opposite

>you can look it up, marvel pays artists more and writers less, dc does the opposite
here's the info

fairpagerates.com/year-in-review-2015-survey-results/

>some dipshit gets 630 bucks a month to write a marvel story while his artist gets 4200

>DC has better writing

When did you know you had autism?

Difference being nolan didn't make capeshit.

There was a cape and it was shit. Sounds like capeshit to me.

No.

Nigger do you even remember big guy for you

Care to refute the point, my reaction image posting friend?

FOR YOU

We're talking about something we love. You're talking about something you hate.

Who's the one with the problem again?

Fucking die.

they panicked and are playing catch up but trying to make up too much ground to quickly, and it reeks of desperation. If they would have simply adopted the Marvel formula (not movie formula, just the planning stages) and played the long game I think they'd be in much better shape. Now they're just forcing everything. Imagine if we got a Batman solo & WW solo movie before BvS, I think the movie could have been able to breathe more because it would have less to accomplish in the same amount of time. Also, giving Snyder & Goyer so much influence was a mistake.

most people don't go to see fucking Superhero movies for an exercise in existentialism, they go to sit back and have fun

Honestly I blame Nolan, his films received so much positive attention from critics that they've been aping his style ever since. If these movies were made in the 90s they'd probably be dark and quirky ala Burton. Studios really hate taking risks don't they?

So much this

Sit back and have fun, huh? Where the fuck do you think you are, faggot? Fucking FACEBOOK? I want my capeshit to kick me in the balls, grab me by the back of the head and shove my face in the pile of shit that is reality, with all its senseless gratuitous violence, all its inescapable injustice. I want it to make me want to slit my wrist. But I also want my capeshit to make me hope. To make me feel. To make me cry as a man fights the greatest battle there is, not the against a genocidal alien general or its revived monstrous corpse, but against his own demons. The fear, the doubt, the rage, all those cracks in one's character that could make anyone crumble in an instant if you put the weight of the world on their shoulders. But go ahead, have your fun, kid.

nice dubs

also is this a new pasta?

What was Lex's motivation in BvS?

To be the guy that saved us from the alien menace, even if he had to make one and then provide the solution to it via proxy.

And to profit from it, always to profit from it.

Aside from that being fucking retarded, why did he want Superman and Batman to fight? He had already planned on creating doomsday, so why even bother? Also, why does he have a problem with superman and not with the other super humans?

What was Ultron's motivation in AoU?
What was Loki's motivation in Thor/Avengers?

After JL, will wave 2 start without Snyder?

>Disney was paying off reviewers even when they didn't own Marvel

To Dominate the world- have revenge. They're simple motivations, but they are there. Marvel doesn't claim to be anything more than fun movies. DC claimed that their movie might be too smart for audiences, but it actually was just poorly written. It's better to have simple, easy to understand motivations rather than wathever the fuck dc tried to do with lex.

Ultron makes it pretty clear that he thinks humans are a flawed creature and do more damage to the world than good. And thinks they need to be exterminated for the world's sake.

Loki's feels he deserves the crown and to rule a world after he felt his family betrayed him. In Thor it was Asgard, in Vengers it was Earth.

I know you're just being a dumbfuck. And whether the films are good or bad or not is irrelevant. Their motives are pretty fucking clear and spelled out.

Well, let's see here:

He doesn't want them to fight. He wants Superman to bring him the Batman's head. Over the course of the film, we're treated to three separate occasions where Lex browbeats people down to the point where they ask him what he wants. In every single instance, it's the only time he stops speaking in metaphor and asks them precisely for what he knows it's in their power to give him. In order, it's:

>Access to the Scout Ship
>Access to Zod's remains
>An import license for kryptonite
>Bruce's head

He was batting 500 by the end of the film. I invite you to ask yourself the following:

Why were they burning the corpses in Nairomi?

Why did he want an import license for something he was planning on smuggling into the country regardless?

Why gather data on metahumans and then do nothing with it? Why create logos for them?

Why bother to burn Martha when a bullet would do the job just as well?

Why create a monster that only a handful of people on the planet had a chance in hell of stopping?

It all either means nothing, or it all pieces together into a coherent, workable plan. At the end of the day, it all depends on how cynical or unimaginative you are.

No fucking clue how Goyer keeps getting work. Somehow he managed to establish himself as the comic guy or something and they keep giving him stuff to do despite 99 percent of everything he's worked on being shit.

Here's why:
Because Snyder had no idea what he was doing. The whole movie was a giant mess.

>it all depends on how cynical or unimaginative you are.

Game, set, and match.

DC have done nothing wrong, Warner Bros are the ones fucking everything up

>Zack Snyder has done nothing wrong

Fixed.

Fuck off. Every DCEU movie is irredeemable garbage but none of that is DC's fault

So he creates the monster before even gathering the people that are supposed to stop it. He also thinks that the other metahumans will be able to stop the fucking monster, when it has the strenght to kill superman. For some reason he wants batman's head, god knows why. It's not that your imaginative or that I'm not. It's just how far you're willing to go to make shitty excuses for a shitty movie.

Your autism is showing.

There was never any indication in the movie that Snyder knows how to tell an interesting story. Or that Lex Luthor was actually smart.
I mean why would you give a bunch of mercenaries your special bullets that would lead anyone right to you?
The only time I thought the movie would be getting interesting is when that guy blew up the senate. I thought "Hey, maybe now there will be an investigation on who did it and some people will suspect Superman. However, noone would dare to arrest him, giving Batman a reasonable motive to be afraid of him and fighting him. And in the end, it will be revealed that Luthor was behind everything, resulting in Batman and Superman teaming up". But no, Zack "Master storyteller" Snyder thought it would be a good idea to reveal the culprit 5 minutes later in the news.

>Nolans movies were critically acclaimed!
TDKR was shit, it only had value for its abundance of memes.

Killing Bruce makes Superman unambiguously a criminal.

Sending him off to a far-flung(bogus) location gets him out of Lex's hair long enough for them to burn Martha right next door at the docks and for him to set up Doomsday to be released upon Superman returning(mom-less) to the ship, now fully aware he's being rused, only to get a faceful of Doomsday.

Now Lex has:

Kryptonite weaponry to put in the hands of Wonder Woman, the Flash, or Aquaman and legitimate reason to leverage his government contacts into pressing one or all of them into service to fight the threat. Odds are he'd have also had his guys go find and kill Lois in the ensuing chaos, too, as that would only leave one person alive that could contradict whatever version of events he wanted to throw out there. That person is Superman, who's now demonstrably guilty of murder and also in the fight of his life.

That's the win/win for Lex. All he needed was Bruce's head, but the big, dumb farmboy refused to deliver, and what's worse, he came out of the fight actually cooperating with the bat-eared lunatic. Who could have seen that one coming?

>Studios really hate taking risks don't they?
Come on, user. It's the fucking wrtting that is complete garbage. That was one of the big complaints in BvS

>I mean why would you give a bunch of mercenaries your special bullets that would lead anyone right to you?

The only reason that anyone could connect those bullets to LexCorp was because Swanwick divulged top secret information and immediately refused to go on-record with it.

Yeah but why would they need these bullets in the first place?
Normal bullets would have worked just as well, with the bonus that noone would have been able to track them down.

TDKR plot had more sense than BvS: electric boogaloo

>that webm
Get some taste, Jesus...

Now that I agree with. I always thought the bullet subplot was weak and thought they'd turn out to be something they intended to test for effectiveness against Superman, like some Kryptonian alloy or something.

When I first watched it, I thought they were going to introduce Intergang.

Have you not seen Green Lantern, Superman Returns or Suicide Squad?

This thread is reddit.

Marvel is for children and adults who want to relax and take a break from adult responsibilities and challenges. DC is for manchildren for whom capes are intellectual ceiling and who are desperate to make movies about two costumed retards punching each others seem deep and smart.

There's nothing wrong with mindless escapism. It's only detrimental when it becomes a staple. Conversely, there's nothing wrong with more cerebral entertainment, just don't insist it's stupid and its fans "manchildren" just because it's grown beyond your comfort zone.

Fighting for trans rights counts as adult responsibilities now?

>you will never hang out with Doe and shittalk stoners with them

it can be pretty much summed up by DC lets WB get too involved. I doubt BvS was every going to be "good" but it was made worse by WB forcing them to shoehorn in WW and the DCEU and LL and Doomsday. BvS would have been a great movie if it focused solely on BvS and actually developed that plot line and played it out to the end instead of M-M-M-Martha!!!!

There's nothing wrong with cerebral entertainment but everything wrong with thinking capes are cerebral.

if they were smart they would drop snyder now and get a competent director to fix it. As jarring as a new style shift would be, it would literally be better than continuing shnyderstein's garbage.

Is the bulk of Batman's arc in BvS a serviceable allegory for post-911 America?

I'll wait.

>Marvel movies have bad writing

>Started this whole phase shit with movies that directly link the one or another with many references and cameos that span into netflix shows now as well.

Seeinf Thanos at the end of Avengers and than seeing him in GOTG all those years later blew my mind m8. Fuck you. Shit doesn't have to be boring tryhard shit to be considered good writing.

yes. Then again Batman's arc in BvS was the only thing good about the movie and should have been the entire focus of the movie.

If we agree on that, can we further agree that its presence isn't immediately obvious at a cursory glance, requires a bit of thought and reflection on the part of the viewer, and is therefor by definition cerebral?

I don't agree with that. It's pretty obvious, just like all of snyder's subtlety.

Who thinks Clark's representative of "otherworldly power" right there - the priest or the audience? What does that shift in perspective change for you?

If the story fails to convey all of this on the course of the movie then it fails in basic storytelling principle.

Films like the usual suspects have story wrapped up in plot that, whilst preserving a layer of mystery and misdirection, does not result in confusion.

BvS fails to tell its story, Lex quite literally knows everything about everything before the film even begins and it is never even passed off with a single line about how he knows these things.

that's some nice fanfic you wrote there.

If it were a standalone film, I'd agree. Personally, I hope that more and more detail keeps getting filled in as time goes on.

And not one bit of it relies on anything but what's presented to us on the screen.

One of the major themes in BvS was about post 9/11 American Delusion, the worship of power as a false idol, the power of fear in shaping the 21st American mind, and the complicit nature of the mainstream media in feeding into this paranoid society (there are still cucks out there who fall for the "liberal media" and "conservative media" memes...it's all the same shit)

It explores this through the deconstruction of major American pop culture icons, by examining their existence in this already mentioned cynical society and how each one represents an element of this post 21st century American farce.

These are ideas, themes and concepts that literally ooze from every pore of the film, and the Extended Cut serves to clarify all of this further as the much clearer narrative and motivations are preserved.

There are retards on this board who think this shit is reaching and that you must have some kind of "intellectual ceiling" if you can only see "depth" in "capeshit," as if reading into a film like must mean we don't also generally view all kinds of films and dissect those as well. Personally, I find it fascinating when directors and writers are actually capable of working in thematic substance within commercial work, as this is not seen much anymore.

But feel free to feed into the media meme, keep posting your RT copy pasta, it won't change that you literally are not bright enough to perceive depth in a capefilm, so I cannot imagine what your critical skills in analyzing even more sophisticated work looks like.

Green Lantern really sucked
Man of Steel isn't bad, then again it has nothing great
BvS is better than TDKR, it is a great film flawed by the nightmare bullshit and the Flash thing.
Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet so can't tell

> Martha... Martha...
Yeah good writing

BvS also has a really dumb reason to get the two dudes to fight, they could have easily talked it out. I realise that Cap 3 had a similar thing but at least they addressed it with Iron Man saying 'I dont care'

>they could have easily talked it out
High test males don't "talk it out", numale.

Keep shilling for Disney you console war tier man baby.
You do realize that its not marvel winning right? Its Disney. you are literally supporting the number one panderer to SJW's.

I wanna see ben affleck's directed batman flick though

>Superman starts explaining himself to Bruce

>Batman activates every fucking weapon and tries to wreck the shit out of Superman

Bruce's actions literally say "I don't care" without him saying it.

There is a quote in regards to the making of BvS. That Justice is vengeance without the passion. Whereas Vengeance is all passion.

That summarizes Bruce's state of mind. He isn't seeking Justice as he thinks he is, he is wrought with vengeance and driven by passion. Blinded by it.

>critics are biased against misogyny

Wow what a shock

>Marvel releases the same formulaic played out action comedy twice a year for 8 years
>people think this makes them superior to DC, who take creative risks and attempt to tell far FAR more complex stories with real themes
Enjoy your RT score. I'll still be here watching you manchildren scramble when Suicide Squad grosses 700 million.

Will Wonder Woman save DC then?

>them
Hahahahaha

They didn't pay reviewers to lie about their movies and they made them way too smart for the average moviegoer to understand.

Two things Marvel are experts in.

I would not say its better at all.
More easily digested by mouthbreathers maybe, but not better.

>Will Wonder Woman save DC then?
It'll only do middlingly well at the BO, which might leave it in the same range as the other recent films financially, but certainly will get better average reviews.

They need to let Nolan back in.
He fucking sucks but so does the MCU and people eat both of these things up anyway.
Or they could let Affleck do it.

>Zack "Master storyteller" Snyder thought it would be a good idea to reveal the culprit 5 minutes later in the news.

Almost as pointless as the scene where Batman fails to get Kryptonite after an extended chase sequence but then afterwards simply gets Kryptonite off-screen.

>people saying SS is misogenistic
is it?

Can someone please explain that deep and impactful image, Snyder was too complex for me.

>the Jewish overlords start a fake competition to simulate freedom of choice
>Sup Forums cucks fall for it

Except you later see what happened to the place that stored it.

>You have a problem.
Yes, and that problem name Kevin "Fucking" Tsujihara ever since he became the head of WB everything went downhill. This guy only made a bad decision, he's only good with damaged control that made everything worse.

Yes, you can see Batman robbed Lex. It makes sense in-universe.

That doesn't make the chase scene any less of a massive waste of time. It doesn't make the actual robbery exciting in any way.

It's bad storytelling.

It shows an unhinged batman stopping at nothing to get what he needs, wreaking enough shit to get Supes attention, and looking cool all the while. The problem is you, not the storytelling.

100% agree. If anything the chase sequence was a wasted opportunity for both superman and batman to suspect each other. Superman could have seen it as batman was the one trying to set him up and batman could have seen it as superman using his powers to be a mercenary for lex. Snyder is too stupid to take advantage of that though.

>The movie is perfect and you're a dumb dumb for not thinking so
t. Snyder

Marvel movies are objectively better. They're actually fun.

but that's the thing, the scene really serves nothing but to look cool. The problem is literally the story telling. The scene could have happen and worked if it was actually attached to the narrative, not made moot in the next scene.

Even here you are incapable of basic comprehension.

>superman stops superman, and lets the bad guys get away with thinking, "maybe I should stop them too..."
>this is not bad storytelling.

Can you tone down the jokes in Justice League? The scene with the Flash would be okay if his quips didn't just keep leading into more quips. It's nice that you're trying to add levity but too much of it is a bit distracting.

I just explained to you how it was relevant but you only took out what you wanted. How can you not see it? If there's one thing you fags got right about Snyder, it's that he's not the most subtle of guys and when it's right up on your face, you still miss the point.

Green Lantern came out that recently? Jesus. I always associated it with the mid 00's.

At least people aren't dying by the hundreds all around him while he's quipping.