Deletes everything besides Peacebone

>deletes everything besides Peacebone
Sup Forums is 100% correct when they say this is AnCo's worst

>bonefish

HAD A WHITE AND BLACK SHELTIE HAD A NA-
>delete

>deletes the whole album because it's an overrated garbage

>FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOR REVEREND GREEN FOREVER IN GREEN OH MY

so profound. so deep.

>deletes AnCo's discography
amirite?

am I doing it right?

>deleting Two Sails on a Sound
fucking pleb, it's the only AnCo song in my player anymore.

Is this some new meme I missed

No, the meme all along has been that SJ was good. You've been had. Time to wake up.

answer my question please

it's their best album along with STs and STGSTV

no, it's not

I quite like SJ, Reverend Green into Fireworks is one of their best moments of the band's entire discography

>this entire thread is just the same fag complaining about Strawberry Jam

whatever Feels is still their best

I did you choad.

answer it seriously

Feels is among their worst albums along with PW, CHz and SJ

>Feels is still their best
>Literal bore-fest is their best
kek

I did you choad.

lets meme Painting With into the top 3 Animal Collective albums to make a mockery of the fan base.

no you didn't

This meme is getting old and its only been 2 days

it's not a meme?

>meme
imagine being this insecure you have to convince yourself that the opinions different from yours are memes

Feels ~ Sung Tongs > SJ > MPP > Campfire Songs > Spirit > CHz > HCTI > Danse Manatee > PW

Water Curses ~ Fall Be Kind > People ~ Prospect Hummer > Keep > Monkey Been > Meeting > Painters

ST> STGSTV > MPP > SJ > CHZ> CS> Feels> PW> HCTI> DM

Objectively Correct

>post over 1 min apart
these were both me btw in case you couldn't tell

The worst board on Sup Forums

Why does every Animal Collective thread derail into album rankings? It's kind of stupid. Also these are both bad rankings

The absolute objective album ranking

Campfire Songs>everything else

That is all.

it's an surefire way to drum up conversation when there's little else about them to discuss

The whole album is good, every track is good on its own, and if you deleted any of them you should fuck off back to /r/music, set your genitals on fire, and/or drink mercury

then he'd become a Mercury Man.

I agree with this

But it doesn't promote discussion it just causes a string of posts with rankings. besides, there's plenty to talk about without just arguing which album is better. Besides, discussion on Sup Forums is a longshot on any topic, not just AnCo

It's funny because Strawberry Jam is their best

Hilarious, actually

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH

Second best
STGSTV is their best

>Being this much a pleb
>thinking anything on SJ is better than Moo Rah Rah Rain or De Soto De Son

kek

imagine being this insecure you have to convince yourself that 2 people with the same opinion different from yours is a samefag

in all fucking seriousness though painting with is 3 times better than SJ.

yeah man listening to rain and avey say moo rah for 10 minutes is really good you got it
no

'no'

>deleting #1

>danse manatee right down the bottom
power plebs detected

You clearly didn't fucking listen to the song, at all. Typical pleb. "Let me listen to the first 30 seconds and if I don't like it by then I'll skip it."

'yes'

yes

Burglars, Vertical, Hocus Pocus, Natural Selection, Spilling Guts, Summing the Wretch, On Delay, Golden Gal. All of these are better than many of the songs on SJ.

do you have friends

Tfw sperglords on favorite soundboard try to think of themselves as tastemakers

you don't have any friends, do you

Fuck you got me samefag.

No song on SJ, despite being good, matches any song on Campfire Songs

And by "Fuck you got me" I mean, no. No I don't have any friends. Only the sweet textures of Danse Manatee can console me. :'(

To be quite honest, I agree with you on the Painting With love

unfortunately you've blown your case because your sheer insecurity can't have you face the fact that more than one person disagrees with you

I know literally everyone on this board disagrees with me on my opinions of Painting With. It's Top 5 for me. Just like Centipede Hz though, people will come around to it in a couple of years.

I haven't read anything else in this thread but I agree with you OP.

Vertical is laughably bad, with a fucking embarrassing chorus.

Burglars is only decent for the last 50 seconds or so.

Natural Selection and Spilling Guts have practically no worthwhile melodies.

Spilling Guts and Summing the Wretch are passable somewhat, but still inferior to anything on SJ.

Golden Gal has some definite potential, but is too repetitive with what they have to rise to true greatness.

On Delay is on par with SJ, for sure.

But pretty much 90% of PW is irredeemable garbage.

Oh what's up dude from the thread last night who argued that everything past SJ is irredeemable garbage!

Not me, guy; MPP and FBK are great tier, ODDSAC has some high quality, and there is some good material on CHz.

At least you can recognize this. You're wrong about Vertical being laughably bad though. And about Burglars only being good for the last 50 seconds. And Natural Selection and Spilling Guts not having any notable melodies.

You're wrong about pretty much everything you said, but that's okay. Opinions can be wrong.

Woops, meant to say Nat Sec and Hocus Pocus.

But aside from that, you ppl that like PW are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in AnCo fanhood. The absolute dregs.

you guys can be absolute faggots most of the time seriously, no wonder people hate this board so much

What do ya'll think of The Painters?
Definitely better than PW

I really don't care about my social standing in a fanbase because I'm not an absolute faggot who has to be liked by other people. By the way, Campfire Songs is best, Painting With is top 5, Strawberry Jam and MPP are over rated, and Centipede Hz is definitely better than a 7.4

I would agree with this to some extent. Kinda Bonkers should have replaced Floridada.

>likes PW
>claims not to be an absolute faggot

Contradiction in terms if there ever was one.

Takes one to know one, AM I RITE? XDXDXD

I thought Feels was the worst?

Feels is literally their least divisive album

>you ppl that like PW are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in AnCo fanhood
So you only like particular AnCo albums so you can look cool? I'm a big fan of Animal Collective, but there are way to many people like you in the fanbase

I can see how it wasn't clear, but I didn't mean anything about looking cool or being liked. Just like how you'd think more highly of the taste of people who liked your favorite albums, I personally consider those who like their most annoying and uninspired work to have the worst taste of their fans. That's all.

It's not liking certain albums that makes you cool, it's hating certain albums. Get it right, noob.

The worst are people who say Hollinndagain is the best. It's objectively their weakest album. Forest Gospel and Pride and Fight are the only two noteworthy songs on that album.

Painting With is annoying and uninspired to you? That's severely unfortunate.

>not liking There's an Arrow, Lablakely Dress, or Pumkin Get's a Snakebite
It's not their best by a longshot but it's still a cool record. And when the drums start banging in Tell it to the Mountain oh baby

Also PW is a good album you are correct indeed

poor b8 but I'll take the opportunity to say that peacebone is a middling song for this album, which is telling of its quality
>Painting With
>bad
it's in the lower third of their discography for sure, but come on user

Tell it to the Mountain just sounds like they're trying to recreate something from Danse Manatee and not really succeeding to any great effect. I don't know man, really just seems like they were improvising entirely for a lot of it, and it comes across as being really weak at some of even its strongest moments. Maybe I just haven't listened to it enough. I've been listening to anco for years and years and I've probably really only listened to Hollinndagain three or four times all the way through. I'll listen now before I hit the sack. I know a lot of people like it for it's rough, chaotic live production, but musically and composition wise, it's definitely their weakest in my opinion.

Sung Tongs > HCtI > STGSTV >= SJ = Feels > MPP = Campfire Songs > Hollinndagain > CHz = ODDSAC >= Danse > PW though
also jesus fuck how could anyone put Monkey Been to Burn Town above any other EP, much less MotW and The Painters
FBK >= MotW > WC = PH = Painters > Keep = TTG > People
neither of them, but even though I used to be super into Danse it definitely deserves bottom spot. Meet the Light Child and Lablakely Dress may be at the top of their discography, but the album totally lacks structure and I have to be in a very specific mood to really get into it.
if some b-sides and the stuff that became Hollinndagain were made into proper Danse tracks it could maybe have been GOAT though.
>STGSTV
>Animal Collective

>sounds like they're trying to recreate something from Danse Manatee
but Hollinndagain is just all their unreleased Danse Manatee material played live

>musically and composition wise, it's definitely their weakest in my opinion
I agree with this since it's in large part a noise album. The only time it gets notably melodic in in There's an Arrow, which happens to be the best track in my opinion, so listen to that one at least.

But if were talking about texture, it''s just as good, albeit a lot more abrasive, than some of their best stuff

>But aside from that, you ppl that like PW are pretty much the bottom of the barrel in AnCo fanhood. The absolute dregs.
christ do I hope this is some form of ironic shitposting or something
amazing desu, I have a hard time believing the middle two tracks are b-sides considering that they're better than much of PW. Goalkeeper is up there just under The Burglars as second best song of the era, it feels like MPP on crack. Peacemaker may be the best Hocketing/Panda song of the era too, and Jimmy Mack is just catchy as fuck.
this post 110%, that Lablakely Dress in particular is god-tier

I will admit, I do like a lot of the ideas they have on Hollinndagain, but I'd be hard pressed to believe these are "b-sides" or unreleased tracks from Danse Manatee. Sounds like they were literally improvising over basic bare bones structures.

Listening now, I See You Pan is already forgettable and I'm halfway through Pride and Fight. Pride and Fight still going in as strong as I remember the first time hearing it. Probably the best song on the album, in my opinion. Hollinndagain sounds like that uncomfortable uncertainty between Danse Manatee and Here Comes the Indian, even though it was released beforehand.

I think you're onto something though, what does stand out in Hollinndagain is mainly the textures and ambience/noise surrounding the structures. I love the droning, buzzing horn sounding synth over Pride and Fight throughout the middle of it, counter balanced by that twinkling sparkle at the tail end of its whine and then they go into that HCTI style "Hey Light" call and response shouting match over spastic drums.

>I love the droning, buzzing horn sounding synth over Pride and Fight throughout the middle of it
Yeah I love that. Just like that high pitched ringing sound that does a similar thing in There's an Arrow, as well as those clacky percussive synths at the beginning. And that distorted bass that hits once right at the very end of the album. It's touches like those that stand out to me in this record. Just further proof that my man Geo is underrated, since I think he is a big proponent in that textural stuff. And yeah, the opener is kind of iffy. Not even just because it's so noisy but, the melody that comes in on the synth half way through is also kind of lackluster

The entirety of I See You Pan is lackluster to be honest. It's just not good. On Forest Gospel now, I forgout about "Only my best friends use the coke, pot, crack, hey." Is this actually what Avey is saying?

>deletes discography
better

That's what it sounds like. But then gain the next bit sound kind of like he's saying "pow pow, all you need is a nigga, you pull out the prick and you pull out the sticker" but I'm almost certain that isn't what he's saying. So I don't know

I definitely hear the same thing though, but I'm pretty sure he's saying all you need is a nickel you pull out the pricker, you pull out the sticker.

But who fucking knows. I like what you said better, imagining avey saying "nigga" makes me chuckle.

So what's the next album going to sound like?
Will it continue in the more acoustic-heavy path Meeting Of The Waters and some of Deakin's solo stuff were hinting at?
Please god anything but more synthpop