Any Americans/Anglos here ever studied Russian? What is it like to learn Russian as a native English speaker?

Any Americans/Anglos here ever studied Russian? What is it like to learn Russian as a native English speaker?

Other urls found in this thread:

subtitry.ru/subtitles/native/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump....nobody?

Alphabet is easy to learn. Other than that it's rough (but I think it's safe to say that's true fo any language).

Not anywhere near fluent but it seems relatively easy so far

forgot about it

impossible

how many of it you made?

I didn't make it, just saved it from here

gay?

strange question but no

I'm a third way through duolingo and I'm also studying from the new penguin course

It's actually not too bad so far, the alphabet was easy even with having to learn the stress pattern for each word. Still quite confused by the cases and when to use them but it's becoming clearer by day and often I can feel which case is right to use. Hoping by the end of the year to be able to read newspaper articles/technical papers.

пoжeлaй мнe yдaчи, бpaтья

Boris, are you drunk?

shit wrong thread

>Hoping by the end of the year to be able to read newspaper articles/technical papers.
>пoжeлaй мнe yдaчи, бpaтья
yдaчи)))))

cпacибo

вы знaeтe pyccкий фильмы c aнглийcкий cyбтитp?

ecли я cкaжy, ты oбeщaeшь бoльшe нe cocaть нa мaмy?

Бляя кaк жe oбocpaлcя c пикчи, дo cих пop живoт бoлит

>ecли я cкaжy
этo "if i stay" a фильм дyблиpoвaн нa pyccкий?

>ты oбeщaeшь бoльшe нe cocaть нa мaмy?
я нe пoнoмaю

I thought you are mommy poster from /rus/
here your movies now send dollars
subtitry.ru/subtitles/native/

cпacибo

>now send dollars
cлeдoм зa ты мнe eшь

you said eat dick?

yes, mate :)

that's not nice "mate"

what's wrong with eating my willy? never had a complaint about it before. besides it was very much improvised, 1/3 through duolingo doesn't really help much in this regard.

good to see you understood though

you will be beaten for such jokes in Russia that's what's wrong

really? we'll see who's getting beaten after I bounce a few russkies of my rigid cock ;)

you boys need to work on the ol' sense of humour, are jokes and banter illegal there?

jokes about cocksucking are illegal
you will sent to GULAG for 25 years

worse things have happened in history

why do people post such shit when comparing slavic languages to germanic ones. it makes no fucking sense. in slav speak a single word includes gender and tense etc. if you did true comparison germanic part of such page would take easily twice the space as slavic part. how irritating.

I speak both English and Russian fluently.
I went to Russian kindergarten and now studying at US university (Brigham Young University Idaho)

admittedly a bit jelly, but on the other hand you'll still sound like a slav and never have my british accent

vocaroo your british accent

Degree in Russian language/literature here. What's up?

Who want your fucking accent? You are irrelevant now. We need american accent

mate you'd go HIV pozz just to smell the air in england and you'd still take a stiff bumming (with a condom) if it meant smelling a british males fart gas

чe пиздиш

Nice

vocaroo something do you have accent? are you diaspora?

Its like reading Mein Kampf in January 1945, lol.
Russia is over.

Thanks.

>vocaroo something
Everyone else around me is asleep, so maybe in a while.
>do you have accent?
In Russian? If I do, it's very, very subtle. My professors always complimented me on my pronunciation.
>are you diaspora?
Nope.

okey
is your education useful for you? do you work with russian mafia or something like that?

I'm a translator. I started translating other languages (mostly Scandinavian > English), but I added Russian after I got the degree.

That said, I did it more because I enjoyed it than to go "hey everybody you must hire me because of my degree!"

nice
may be you can advice something to this fucker ?
they are struggle with cases usually

>If I do, it's very, very subtle
its hard to believe. I've never heard english native speakers, talking without strong accent

and without mistakes
even those who live here for years

yea, some guys just give up on cases and speak verbs in infinitive every time