The US government has publicly condemned the Syrian government and the Russian government is openly supporting it

The US government has publicly condemned the Syrian government and the Russian government is openly supporting it.

How's that gonna work?

Last thread reached image limit.

Russia is better to have as an alley than Syria

>Can someone give me a simple assessment on who is "good" and who is "bad" for American interests in Syria? To me it seems a gray area at best
>-ISIL: obviously bad guys
>-Rebels: Support democracy over authoritarian government, and part of the arab spring movement. But also accused of some human rights violations, and plan to institute a muslim-brotherhood government. (good guys?)
>-Syrian government: Autocratic regime, suppression of dissent, egregious human rights violations. Seems bad (but possibly good for American interests?)
>-Russia: Supports Syrian gov't. Prefers an autocratic leader to a muslim-brotherhood leader. Rival world power to America, generally belligerent and hostile to American interests (Good, Bad, Neutral?)

Can someone give me a simple assessment on who is "good" and who is "bad" for American interests in Syria? To me it seems a gray area at best
-ISIL: obviously bad guys
-Rebels: Support democracy over authoritarian government, and part of the arab spring movement. But also accused of some human rights violations, and plan to institute a muslim-brotherhood government. (good guys?)
-Syrian government: Autocratic regime, suppression of dissent, egregious human rights violations. Seems bad (but possibly good for American interests?)
-Russia: Supports Syrian gov't. Prefers an autocratic leader to a muslim-brotherhood leader. Rival world power to America, generally belligerent and hostile to American interests (Good, Bad, Neutral?)

It is a mystery, man is not meant for this knowledge. I'm going to work so I won't see any replies.
I suppose someone could answer for the betterment of human knowledge, but sadly I won't see it. Later shitlords

This thread again?

Last thread reached image limit.

cheked.

Basically i think it comes down to fundamentals or at least public ideals.

USA is seen as standing for freedom

As an outsider, I see Russia standing for independence and power in the face of opposition on both sides (europe and asia).

So a gov. that kills it's own people is seen as being strong in the eyes of russia, while tyrannous in the eyes of the USA. Thing is tho, is that USA is in a much more comfy position than russia, I think the USA wouldn't be much more different than russia if put in the same situation.

If anything, it depends on the level of commitment both countries have. Take vietnam, for example, at the time the USA had a strict anti-commie stance and was willing to fight for it. They wanted to wipe out communism as it was in opposition to "democracy and capitalism". The soviets were supporting one faction, the USA the other.

Unless both countries get a fanatical ideology, syria will just be another page in the political history of the two super powers.

Personally I think the best alley the usa could get is either russia or china, preferably russia. If we maintain a good relationship with russia ww3 will either be less likely or a lot shorter than the previous ww's

Nobody knows answer.

why should America do a god damn thing about Syria?
US fucks everything up anyway. Let someone else do it for a change. Russia, you're up. Go fix that shit.

Double!

Like it or not, Assad in Syria guaranteed equality and peace for every religious group. He plays the same sole as Hussein did in Iraq: to keep Shia and Sunni in check. Hussein is gone, and ISIS was the result. If Assad is gone, the entire Middle East will basically become Fallout-tier wasteland. And then, West should prepare for tens of millions of shitskins moving towards Europe.

>Assad in Syria guaranteed equality and peace for every religious group

would be a shame if someone strung wire around your neck next time you're walking to your car you lying bitch moron

footage of the attacks pls?

attack footage?

Collection #1: Jews

Collection #2: Trump

Collection #3: Pusshyhat

sounds like you are repeating 6 year old news. why dont you uppity political newcomers go wipe your ass already.

you realize you don't have to start a new thread when you hit the image limat, if your thread is not based around the images...

idk... let me check..

oh I see... here's your problem. you're the only one bumping. and with naked ladies trying to draw people in? must not have been a very successful thread. by all means, start another.

This. People who only discovered politics when facebook memes told them who Trump is need to stop stop acting like everything's new just because the last time it happened was over 6 months ago.

1. if this thread is not image-based... what's the purpose of those massive image dumps? they weren't even bumping the thread.
2. if we need them... then we also need a new thread to get more of them.
3. if we don't need them... mods would delete them. they didn't. so this thread is now image based.

moar

>11177
great tripdubs!

I vehemently disagree.

no faggot this "u.s. condemns, russia defends is literally 6 year old news. it's a loop and we get to play it again! fuck you nigger talk more shit