Why are there two types of weed (indica and sativa)? Did the first ever weed plant start as an indica or a sativa...

Why are there two types of weed (indica and sativa)? Did the first ever weed plant start as an indica or a sativa? Why do they both contain THC but affect you differently?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/everything-your-weed-guy-knows-about-weed-is-probably-wrong
massroots.com/learn/landrace-cannabis-strains
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a good question.

I can add that it's not THC being different, but other cannabinoids such as CBN that make the effect different.

That makes sense

Thats why aliens dont come here

Just illegal aliens

Actually there is a 3rd type that only grows in Russia. Ruderalis is the name

Why are there many different kinds of apples?

Or Roses?

Why are Marjoram, Basil, Thyme, and Oregano all members of the Mint family?

Because that's how plants work.

As for why the effect is different, it's what this ^^ user said.

There is a third kind. Ruderalis, I believe, but I don't think it has much goodness to it, hence we never smoke it.

Yeah, but why are there two (or three) basic types of weed?

Are there several types of mint that they breed together?

>implying aliens aren't already here

isn't ruderalis, the "auto-flowering" type?

Ruderalis has been shown to have good CBD levels, so people are starting to breed them to get higher %s. As of now though, you are correct. There isn't much value to the flower in comparison to Indicas and Sativas.

We'll when you put it like that, there are hundreds of strains that belong to both the indica and sativa family (fuk ruderalis) so there are plenty of strains. Just 2 (3) families, and only 1 family of mint (I think. Who cares.)
Also fun fact, Salvia is part of the mint family, so just because the lungs are in the same family, doesn't mean they have the same effects

Why?

Evolution and Selective Breeding.

Or, if you prefer: God wanted it that way.

All male plants will auto pollinate. Which is why they're removed during growth

and apparantly has like no thc lol

Ruderalis grows in many places.

I heard marijuana was supposed to help with anxiety and panic attacks but how come when I smoke it it causes them?

well yeah, but I was referring to the types of females who will produce flowers after a certain amount of time despite the amount of light. I guess I was thinking of the "low rider" phenotype

It is. Its what they cross the other plant with to auto. Ruderalis flower often. Both of your answers. All biological entities adapt to their envionment

How is that relevant..

Depends on how your brain works, some people aren't even affected by thc.

Because your anxiety is too high. Try CBD. Weed isnt for everyone just lile xanax isnt.

>Nobody mentions the newly found ABC strain
theres alot of crossbreeds inbetween.
same goes for alot of plants, different types of aplles, potato's, tomatoe's.

i guess the reason Cannabis only have 4 main strains is because it didnt have to evovle to survive, if animals ate it they would get drouse so it's not a great food source for dem.

smoking the wrong kind of weed. try a good sativa.

Deer love eating cannabis, they like to get high and that helps with seed dispersal

Never said I'm a botanist. My house plant is inches from death

thats true i was about to write: except deer thosemotherfuckers loove to get fucked up

>tfw you will never have a deer bro who loves to get fucked up with you

pro tip, if your plants are getting pale, it needs nitrogen

Here in California I smoke cookies purples kushs etc.... I get high. I don't know about the different highs. I just get high.

Indica is the original landrace, Sativa was bred over time to show different characteristics.

Both have different cannabinoid profiles; Indica has more THC and Sativa has more CBD.

Sativa is a great daytime smoke, or for those prone to anxiety.

They dont teach you about punctuation in cali huh

You can find strains with almost no THC and high levels of CBD -- no high but great for anxiety/relaxation

Sativa is more of an "Up" and indica is more of a "low"

ALL RIGHT FAGGOS. IM ABOUT TO TEACH YOU THE FUCKING FUTURE. GO GOOGLE 3 RECLASSIFICATIONS OF CANNABIS. Youll find some weed god leading the way in the future of cannabis, on his journey he has discovered and RECLASSIFIED the types of weed so what you think is indica is actually afganica. So on, heres a quote explaining. The colloquial families of Cannabis, Indica and Sativa, are greatly misunderstood and simplified in their translation from genetics to flowers. C. Sativa, more accurately known as C. Indica, is most commonly known for strains such as 'White Widow', 'Super Silver Haze', 'Snow Cap', and 'Blueberry'. These strains tend to be high in THC as compared to CBN/CBD, providing what many describe as a 'cerebral', 'energetic', and sometimes 'euphoric' high. Actual C. Sativa is bred almost exclusively for hemp fiber production. Cannabis Afghanica, which many users/growers refer to as Indica, is noted for such strains as Afghani, and various 'Kush' strains, originating in the Kush mountain range. Cannabis Afghanica strains are commonly high in CBN/CBD and the high is usually described as narcotic, 'stoney', and analgesic. The third variation on cannabinoid genetics, used almost exclusively for recreational and medicinal purposes, is Cannabis Kafiristanica, more commonly known as 'Diesel', or 'Sour Diesel.' These strains are usually very high in THC with little or no CBN/CBD, providing a potent, energetic, giggly, sometimes paranoia inducing high with little or no analgesic/narcotic property.

Sativa if you're prone to axiety?!?

WTF?

If you're anxious or get paranoid Sativa will send you sailing ride over the edge.

*Indica* is the strain with a mellow more "body" high.

vice.com/en_us/article/everything-your-weed-guy-knows-about-weed-is-probably-wrong

scroll down to about 2/3 of page, he talks about indica being anything from india and sativa just meaning cultivated. don't know how true that is but it makes sense as most people feel the same weed differently

Now faggots lets all talk about cannabis correctly and not pretend like there isnt 2 more whole cannabis familys.

Male plants will not auto pollinate, unless they have ruderalis in their genetics.

Indica...in da couch.

Because of Biodiversity.
I guess after time they adapted to different bioligical niches.

Here we go more incorrectly talking about cannabis. Come on guys the information has been around for a while now. All you had to do was research.....

See, I get fried to death from indica, whereas I can smoke grams and grams of sativa per day. Maybe it's different when you're into regular use?

In fact, it's very common for a plant to utilize its tasty fruit to get animals to eat them in order for them to shit the seed out later in a far away spot. Being eaten is not necessarily an evolutionary disadvantage. Only if it happens before the seeds mature.

Where does one get nitrogen?

Being so high you can't stand up is mellow?

massroots.com/learn/landrace-cannabis-strains
People breed landraces to create new strains

Exactly. Indica has a couch lock high. It will make you hungry and tired and maybe a headache of you smoke too much. Sativa is the heady get out and go high.

I would say Indica is better for stress and anxiety.

well ammonia is the form of nitrogen that plants can use. Any fertilizer should have it.

So, just fertilize your plants.

Guano.

Do some goddamn research about plants and different fertilizer before you start growing, numb nuts.

Not sure where user implied that.

Are you just against Indica?

I have NYC Diesel and Girl Scout Cookies. Which one should I smoke?

Diesel if its day time and cookies for night time

Diesel it is then

For some reason, I can only handle Sativa in small doses. It makes me way too self-focused and paranoid.

Indica on the other hand is the perfect high for me. No paranoia, just a nice, smooth, mellow high.

Pic related: Sativa on the left and Indica on the right.

gfndesfressen

Wtf is wrong with you pregrinding your weed? Thats some psychopath shit

Cannabis originated in China, some believe around the Yunnan Province.

From there it adapted to other environments.
Indica strains are from colder regions, they will be shorter, fatter, wider leaves, more dense buds and they will also mature faster. These have more CBD and Mycrene which will make for a more mellow high.
Sativa strains have narrow leaves, are tall and skinny, the buds will be more fluffy, and some can take up to 20+ weeks to mature compared to 8 weeks for most indica. Sativa strains will have more of a head high.

There is also Ruderalis from Russia, and Afghanica from Afghanistan, but these are less common.

Most of what is grown today are hybrids. You are unlikely to find any pure indica or pure sativa strains being grown and sold commercially.

This poster is from Hanger 18 in Cali is it not?

Good info, thanks

>NYC Diesel
Enjoy the headache. I miss the days of the old Blue Bubblegum, or Christmas Tree Bud. Highs were so mellow you could do pretty much anything you felt like doing, or just sit and listen to Alice In Chains for a few hours.

Weed has become the "Starbucks" of our time. Suddenly having this strain or that strain is like wandering around with the shitty green cup. Fuck I hate getting old.

No choice, the bags I get are typically enough to set my wife and I up for a month,but I can't leave it out in a baggy. I just bring it one, spend a night grinding it all up into air tight canisters.

You may not believe me, but the one on the left is about 3 months old, and just as potent as it was when I put it in. Not to mention that I get enough keef from one bag grind to damn near roll a blunt with.

Afghanistan weed. The grow it, let it die, and heat their houses with it during the winter.

You've got hybrids too indicas sativas and hybrids

Besides from the thc content being different and making one strain stronger or weaker, the differing concentrations of cbd and other cannibinoids alter the effects slightly. However the biggest difference between strains is the terpenes which are specific to the strain. The terpenes alter the effects, smell, taste etc

Got some strawberry amnesia, pineapple express, super lemon haze and kush an cheese ready to start growing jus waiting for it to warm up gonna do them in my garden

terpenes, or organic stench chemicals, affect the flavor profile as well as the high. also method of consumption, also personal biology, these affect your style of high.

3 types. Ruderalis too.

Actually, theres 3 types of weed. You forgot Ruderalis. Nobody really ever talks about it though, because its really low in thc