I finally listened to this meme a couple weeks ago while driving. I listened to it again today at the airport...

I finally listened to this meme a couple weeks ago while driving. I listened to it again today at the airport, and then on the plane. I had no idea, Sup Forums. I assumed it was absurd art rock with zero enjoyability. But it's not. I laughed and I cried. It's incredible. Maybe it's just because I too had an inexplicable and intense crush on Anne Frank as an adolescent. Whatever it is, I can't believe I avoided this for so long and I just want to let it be known.

If anyone else had avoided this for the obvious reasons, give it a shot. It really is something.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalcommons.trinity.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1062&context=eng_faculty
youtube.com/watch?v=dgha9S39Y6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I approve this thread.

wholesome thread

this is a great album, and Sup Forums has ruined it for a lot of people.

Luckily that didn't happen to me. Sup Forums, or rather the larger internet obsessive phenomena, merely caused me to ignore it for awhile. Now I a overlistening to it. A lot. So I know I will ignore it again for a long while. But I'll come back.

I love this album. I don't quite remember when I first listened to it, but it was before I knew it was a little bit of a meme.

Holland, 1945 is a fucking banger

Im thinking about getting off of Sup Forums and stopping reading/watching reviews because they often sour an album for me. I know some random's opinion doesnt matter but i still think about it when i listen to an album

Honestly, it's my favorite album and there's nothing that I connect with emotionally like that album. It's the only one I'd dare call perfect. This is coming from someone who listens to quite a bit of music too, 4-6 albums a day for the most part.

That's my favorite track too, desu.

I couldn't go that far, but I will concede there is something utterly enigmatic about this record. I'm not saying it affected me more than any other, but its impact has been unique in a number of ways.

its an amazing album, glad people are still "getting it"

OP or anyone who is a curious fan should read this. Not a skeleton key to unlock the secrets and explain the album (hint: not even Magnum could do that) but it's an interesting read,

digitalcommons.trinity.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1062&context=eng_faculty

It's a meme album, but it's without a doubt my favorite album ever and I don't even think it's close. I guess it counts that I loved this album before I went on Sup Forums, but for some reason all the shitposting made me love it even more.

It's kinda weird to me because everyone makes fun of this album but in a weird way it seems to be the only album that almost every person on Sup Forums appreciates.

I listened to the first track and cringed. I never gave it a try since then.

I kinda had that impression too. Once you get passed it, its great. Just listen to the album a few times and you might just enjoy it :)

it's amazing. honestly the fact that it's been made a meme is just a testimony to it's brilliance and longevity. I truly think in 2050 this will be looked at on par with The Beatles or any other acclaimed 60's rock band.

never let the meme obscure real feelings. It's 9/10 easily. so much emotion. it's infectious.

it really is an incredible album. what's your favorite song?

Where was everyone when this album clicked?
I was at a pier at night in California. It was about the 3rd time I listened to it all the way through. Two-Headed Boy Pt.2 made me damn near cry.

everytime i listen to that song I want to cry

I love them all, but the weaker tracks for me are
the fool and MAYBE two headed boy pt 2. the others are all pretty much perfect.

It was the second time I listened to it at home, Two Headed Boy really stood out for me. Then I ended up getting obessed with each track individually. It then became a 10/10 for me.

I'm so glad I found about this song not on Sup Forums, and was then persuaded to discover other Elephant 6 music, not having any arty reason to delve into it and then potentially find it off-putting by for that reason like so many here have

Yeah me too, I listened to the record and loved it before I started to go on here so all the memes didn't ruin it for me

I don't read reviews until after I have my own opinion of the album. Then I read them for the validation of being culturally relevant or to scoff at the reviewers plebian taste.

I knew I was gonna love it when I heard the DIIIIIEEEEEE part in KoCF and that hooked me in. I don't remember when it clicked for me, but I remember when I put it on while sitting alone in my dorm at college I almost cried at THBPt2 when it got to the GOD IS A PLACE part.

What a surprisingly positive thread. It's a wonderful album, but for whatever reason in recent years it seems to have lowered in status on here. I mean it's always been a bit divisive, but it was always implicitly understood that it has a number of sincere fans. Glad to see its legacy hasn't totally deteriorated.

Thats exactly how you should feel after the meme

Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2 is without a doubt the best song on the album.

two headed boy part 2 is a fucking classic. When he goes back into the "...Two... Headed boy..."

10/10

>SOFT AND SWEEET

At first this album didn't do too much for me; I appreciated it and enjoyed, but I never understood why so many people raved about it.

But a few years ago I had the chance to visit Europe, and when I was taking a train from southeast Germany all the way to the Dutch border, I decided to put the album on again. I don't know how or why, but ITAOTS clicked at that exact moment for me; the way Jeff sang, the distorted bass and drums, the saws and horns, the lyrics, all of it was perfect.

I hardly listen to the album anymore, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but everytime I do, I get transported back to sitting on that train in the German countryside listening to it truly for the first time, and I can say that it is one of the greatest connections I have to any piece of music.

Nice, sounds like a good context for this album. I hardly listen to the thing anymore, but everytime Ihear it I am transported to about 5 or 6 years ago when I first got really into it.

hello

I wish I could enjoy this album but I can't get past the fact that the vocals sounds like this youtube.com/watch?v=dgha9S39Y6M

you missed all the good parts where hes like IIIIII LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE YOU JESUUUUUUUUUUS CHRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIST

>Cringed at the first track
There is absolutely nothing cringy about that song.

Which are your favorite song?Mine is Two-Headed Boy Pt2.

Communist daughter and oh comely

Cool,you allready listened On Avery Island?

What a nice thread.
This is my favourite album too, I don't care if it's a meme here (and outside).

First time I listened to it was on a road trip I made with a friend, he saw the album here by the way.
It didn't do much for me but I thought, this one could grow on me, I'll give it a listen when I come back home.
I did, and I loved it.
My ex loved it too.
Oh well.