This is close to a perfect game. Definitely the best game on PS4. 70 hours in, and still addicted. What does b think...

This is close to a perfect game. Definitely the best game on PS4. 70 hours in, and still addicted. What does b think...lets discuss.

>overcompensating this much to make up for the fact that you don't have zelda

What aspects of the game keep you playing? Is there any replay value?

Played through on normal difficulty, now plaing on hard. Just take your time, do all the sidequests and errands. Try all weapons. Will keep you busy for weeks.

Overcompensating? I just think its a great game.

HZD is great. Persona 5 is better.

This

>I just think its a great game

stop forcing it. you're making me cringe

no one actually believes that

You didnt like it...how?

The Witcher 3 is actually the perfect Game.

Bought it 2 weeks ago, put in about 5 hours. Haven't touched it since

Is it?

I heard it plays like Assassin's Creed and I don't care for that series. That's what is putting me off buying it.

>how can anyone not like this game!

do you ever listen to yourself?

>cartoony graphics
>boring ass link
>weapon breakage

Think us real men will pass

I liked Witcher, HZD just flows better IMO. Its got just enough stuff to where it keeps you busy, but you dont need nightly study groups to figure out how to craft shit. Would have liked some different melee options with HZD tho.

This 100%

bad premise, contrived story, retarded mc everything in the writing and creative department is just garbage. Gameplay wise it's pretty okay. But the sum of it's parts is dragged so far down by the story side of it that it comes out average overall.

Way better and way different than asassains creed. AC cant hold this games jock

I played both. Horizon is much better.

Way quote me on something i didnt say...kill yourself

Horizon had beautiful scenery but too many mountains. They're a bit of an eye sore and make the lands feel a bit clostaphobic

>people unironically pose asscreed a counter example
it's like you want to get raped

Don't listen to this fag OP. Sounds like he's butthurt cause he bought cute little nintendo and there's only 1 game worth a shit on that platform. I haven't played Horizon yet, but it's on my list after Ghost Recon

If I 'wanted to get raped' it wouldn't actually be rape would it?

Yep. Check Metacritic for reviews or if you like to be your own judge, get it yourself.

I had the same issue with skyrim. Way to much vertical play just makes it seem clustered. Not that you need to flatten things out a lot just make reasonable valleys between mountains.

Still not Destiny the game

there's just not enough content you start with a blue bow and there is only one upgrade from that and it is not that much better damage wise. also the game is much to challenging and is not a fair system coming from someone who loves the souls series but with souls every boss is fair and if you mess up then its your fault.

With horizon there's janky mechanics like part removal not working on some machines that works perfectly fine on the same machines in the open world so it makes you feel like i could farm parts for hours and then for it to not even be worth is as your brand new weapon will not work correctly in a mission

Its seems like its designed that way so you have to take on enemies on the way to your quest. Sometime you want to just go around the group of ravengers or sawtooths, but the mountains force you to engage and defeat the enemy.

it's basically a jrpg with fun combat

the cutscenes/dialogs are terrible

I didnt come across any of these issues. Each weapon has different arrows (tear, damage, fire, freeze). There are many different combos of bows, slings, tripcasters along with all of the different coils for each weapons boosting each arrows attributes

I think there's better ways to do that. There's little point of making an open world game if you're going to force players to take a particular approach. Or at least if you're going to do that make it meaningful and don't repeat it as often.

Eh...maybe. The 3D map looks pretty cool with all the topography at least.

i cant really see how its too challenging. the game is pretty much cakewalk. the only real issue is some attacks hit box/hit frames are too large/long. looking at you charge attacks.

right on about the content loot wise. really is a stripped down system.

also has it right for the dialogue. its mostly awful and every character is stupidly snipey and quipy. really annoying.

good visuals though. wish it was more fleshed out. above average over all. nothing more.

Silly OP, you added the wrong image.

A lot more challenging on the harder difficulty

Lots of people love this game. I couldnt get into it.

Of course this thread triggers the nintoddler

I've played botw and i'm still infatuated with witcher3, sadly i don't think i'll stay captivated on a second playthrough

>you have to play as a woman dressed in some obnoxiously pretentious and overdesigned hippie nomad tribal shit

definitely the gayest game ever made involving dinosaurs

but sonyweeb cucks will eat it up because they're this desperate for a waifu and a game, even though this bitch barely shows any skin

dont get me wrong i played tomb raider as a kid when it was still good, and i liked the first mass effect

but this shit is gay fam

look at this pic

this game was designed by literal homos and or women

now this is a dinosaur game i like

I dont care if transgender nigger midgets designed the game...shit is fun as hell.

I want to buy this game, but I've heard the combat is AssCreed/Witcher 3 tier. Is this true? Does HZD have shitty gameplay?

Dude, you wont find a better ps4 solo player game. Do youself a favor and buy it

Played all 3...HZD is better.

It honestly plays like shit. 7/10 at best. People just pretend they like it to bait Zelda fans.

What dont you like about the gameplay? The combat is great

I beat it. Almost got the platinum. I absolutely loved it. Makes games like fallout 4 and the new mass effect look awful in my opinion.

Highly recommend it for ps4 owners

Crazy!! I 100% missed this game entirely! I'll have to get it and give it a play through.

Scorpio is coming boys. Microsoft will be the kings again.

this game is cheaper, has more realistic dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, and it isnt all focused around some contrived story full of fetch quests

and you dont have to play as some faggy hippie bitch

but you kinda can if you want actually, you can play as a woman with dreadlocks in this game too

lmao

I bought the new mass effect also. HZD blows it out of the water.

Assassins creed? That is a strange comparison. Nothing like assassins creed. Not to mention horizon being at another level altogether.

Witcher 3 is a fair comparison only this game actually has fun combat. Not to say I didn't like Witcher 3, because I loved it. But Witcher has a slightly deeper story but worse combat. Horizon has a good story, rpg elements but without the cumbersome inventory management. Both are fantastic.

I played it on hard difficulty.

i need to get some more pics of dinos in this game though, they're extremely detailed

Kings of what? Certainly not games. The hardware looks nice though

Agreed

>I bought the new mass effect also.

Is this what the average modern 18 year old or younger gamer is like?

Do you fags not realize you're massive cucks who should be euthanized?

You keep posting screenshots yet you never actually say what game it is.

Thanks for contributing to the thread...dick.

bullshit, Witcher 3 is far way better

The Assassin's Creed comparison comes from some of the platforming. It's more of a Ubisoft comparison. How you climb is like Assassin's Creed and tower climbing to unlock map like Far Cry games. Just comparing features not the game itself. Just like how people bring up Batman Arkham games if any game has the same fighting mechanic.

I thoroughly enjoyed both. They are both incredible for their own reasons. I wouldn't say Witcher is way better. They are both very good with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Both are good. HZD has better combat, more fun

there are no good games,
all games are actually max.4/10,
you can always slash it down to it core concept and makeit seem very boring starting with tetris or some shit.

I still contend that assassins creed is an awful comparison. Is uncharted or infamous 1 and 2 assassins creed comparisons as well?

Meh. Nothing like assassins creed

This fuckin guy...

lol

My main issue with HZD is that the game becomes laughably easy after you get the ancient weave armor. That and there's no New Game + option.

So my quickie review is that the Story is amazing.... the battle system is pretty damn good, the world is interesting... only thing i didn't like is movement throughout the world.... one of those situations that we used to face in previous generations of gaming, where like you're playing a character that is a badass warrior, and athletic as fuck.... but can't seem top climb onto a cliff that's about waist high on her.

Other than that little piss off the game was amazing.... I haven't liked a story this much since last of us.

I played it on hard
It was a nice balance. Glad I didn't play on normal.

Also that armour can't be obtained until near the very end of the game so I don't think it's an issue, personally

it doesnt matter you're all consolefags who will never see it looking anything like this anyway lol

thanks for throwing your money at people like bioware who want people like you or me to go extinct and think video games need some arbitrary amount of diversity because they need propaganda to delude people for leftism to not collapse in on itself

>women would do anything in a post apocalyptic situation except sit in the fetal position and get raped every once in a while

lmao this is what cucks actually believe

of course this is hyperbole, but still

I didn't have any similar complaints. My complaint is that there are too many meaningless audio logs. Could have cut a lot of them out.

Minor complaint indeed on my behalf.

I loved HzD

It's not for casuals

Horizon zero dawn is prettier than that in 4k

That's just my opinion

Oh well

Dude...get out of your head and just enjoy the game. Smh...

played it on very hard the first play-through, so no point of replaying it. Got the diamond trophy and then quit. Still 11/10 game, perfection in almost every way.

Horizon is way prettier

Another hzd

Another Horizon zero dawn pic

.. And another

..could go on and on. It's insanely gorgeous

I agree with you I'm just explaining were it comes from. Mad Max, Sleeping Dogs, Shadow Of Mordor all got compared to Arkham games just because of the combat and have nothing else in common with those games.

I think Far Cry is more accurate than Assassin's Creed, myself.

Damnn

Pretty

Indeed

Please plebs

>muh pretty pink and purple fantasy artstyle

See I said you're faggots

And no I don't think the art style makes up for the low poly count and shit texture resolution and mediocre lighting

I'll give you that they made some nice looking clouds, at least in a time lapse. but that's it

You can't even fly through them though like you can in ark so it'd be easier to fake them to look better

And refer back to my pic here if you wanna compare pics taken in sunsets to pics taken in broad daylight

thinking about buying it but still not sure, heard its like skyrim but from the very little gameplay ive seen it doesnt seem that interesting

Well worth buying

are the quests different from one another cause it seems like you go to one area and kill robots then repeat in different places

So nice

>not using PC master race.

You are delusional. It's one of the best looking games I've ever seen

All kinds of different quests a scenarios. Each robot species has different strengths and weaknesses which keeps the combat fun, and requires different bow/arrow types.