For my 20'th birthday my dad is allowing me to choose a handgun from a Colt catalog thing...

for my 20'th birthday my dad is allowing me to choose a handgun from a Colt catalog thing. I'm looking for suggestions and reviews for a few firearms to help me make my choice. /k/ was no help

Other urls found in this thread:

colt.com/Catalog/Pistols
colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Rail-Gun
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1911 if they still make them

1911a Colt .45, preferably US military

>Implying they'll ever stop

Americans, lol

This

No shit man

Link the catalog

What do you plan to use it for? (Recreational shooting, concealed carry, home defense, competition, etc)

I forgot to mention that his company is currently working with Colt, so we get a discount.

colt.com/Catalog/Pistols

If you get a 1911, don't get an army issue. They are actually lower quality than modern versions or even other brands like kimber. It all depends on what the functionality of the handgun you're looking for will serve. Pm me, we can talk on kik. Mines jamzifl

If your a decent size fella, the 1911 .45 cal is the best gun for the money, if your smaller try a lower caliber like a 9mm or .40 cal

Recreation, like range shooting.

I'm a newfag, don't know how to pm on Sup Forums

Government XSE Cattle Brand TALO Edition -1.599$
>pic related

here is an online catelog, i actually have a physical copy infront of me without any specific labels besides Colt 2017 on the top corner.

colt.com/Catalog/Pistols
colt.com/Catalog/Pistols

Nice guns you got there

colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Rail-Gun
get .45

any reason in particular or do you just think it's generally a good firearm?

Not OP but I'm also new to firearms and this pistol has always interested me, is this a good purchase for my first pistol?

You Americunts and your dedication to the 2nd amendment are insanely retarded.

shhh britfag, why dont you go drink some tea with your imaginary friends while the men talk. Oh wait, we dumped your tea into the harbor

>harbor
harbour

holy shit neck yourself

>harbour
britfag for sure

you need to shoot a gun to find what is comfortable in your hands and one that you can shoot well if needed without hitting a crowd of people, picking one from a catalog based purely on looks is retarded.

if your dad thought this was a good idea and you agreed to it just to get a gun in your hands as soon as possible, neither of you are responsible enough to own a gun.

you were a newfag once too ya little fuck, cut him a break (still a newfag)

I'd go for a Glock 19 or a Walther PPK .38.

Both are extremely accurate and reliable. Also, they're relatively affordable.

don't be a fucking retard, obviously he's taking me to test fire few of them, i just need to narrow down my options first. Also, i'm not picking it based on looks, the whole reason i posted here in the first place is to get suggestions/reviews/helpful info about each individual firearm.

>suggestions/reviews/helpful info about each individual firearm.

that's what you will learn when you go to a range.

fuck off kid.

One is a brand new Smith and Wesson 500 magnum and the other one is a Smith and Wesson .38 from 1975

Dat Delta Elite

like i said, i gotta narrow down my options before we go test firing a few. neither of us have the time to test fire everything to get a good feel for them.

never shot a 10mm before idk

Delta elite....10mm is best mm

Stop being a pussy OP....do you want a shitty 1911 chambered in .45 like every other neckbeard?

Get a r8 revolver or a ar 15

Guns are not like magical amulets of power that will curse you if don't pay respects to some arcane knowledge fag.its just point and shoot calm your tits if you think anyone who isn't disabled would have trouble using any of these guns after they but a coulpe thousand rounds through it.

The colt comp in .38 super. You'll love it trust me user.

Whatever you do don't be a pussy and buy something chambered in like a 9mm. Get yourself a .45 or something along that line with more stopping power

This accuracy is the most important stat

Tokarevs are nice firearms. Obviously, it's still a 250 dollar gun. Pretty much the Mosin Nagant equivalent of pistols, along side the Makarov and such. I've shot a few, and I enjoy them. Just make sure you practice proper firearm safety if it's your first gun. Very important.

defender or new agent .45.

not sure if i'll really need 'more stopping power' if im just gonna shoot recreationally

Muh stopping power. Fuck that. My EDC holds 17+1 and I can carry it comfortably. I prefer volume of fire over a larger bullet. If you hit them where you should hit them, 9mm will be just as effective.

50 cent stoped A 9 mm with his hand and his tooth,I'm pretty sure this anons advice could get you killed

Not sure about this exact model but, if I remember correctly, the TT series was used by Soviet army officers

again, not looking for trouble, just some fun times at the range

For recreational shooting yes. But I don't need sub MOA for a weapon I'd be using in combat. But since he only plans on recreational shooting, why not get a super nice gun you can get sick groupings with yeah?

what company

>colt.com/Catalog/Pistols
fuck colt, get a sig

If you aren't a /k/ommando and trolling me, 9mm is the standard for self defence. The magazine capacity while remaining a small, easy to conceal weapon is in my opinion a much better trade of for the energy lost. I've seen 9mm kill men. And I'd trust it. By your logic we all should carry .308 battle rifles for defense. Seriously, 9mm ball is more than adequate for self defence. You don't even need JHP. (Although I stagger ball/jhp/ball/jhp because you never know when you need to put one through a door into someone.)
If you aren't trolling me, you're just misinformed.

Uh, I was unclear here. The ball is for the going through of the doors, JHP is just obviously for expansion and energy transfer into soft targets. But JHP isn't a necessity for defence. Just normal ball will be fine if you don't want to spend a dollar a round.

OP here, going out with some friends, idk when I'll be back, but if you have any other good suggestions, please feel free to leave em here. I'll check em l8r...probably.

Why limit yourself to Colt?

Anyways, for a first handgun I'd recommend something with a 4 inch barrel. Good for recreation and home defense.

A 9mm semi auto or a .357mag revolver are great all around handguns. The ammo isn't too expensive (assuming you load the .357 with .38 specials), it's easy to find and is adequate for defense.

The only legal weapon user. The Glock 18

faggout

I'm envious OP, you've a fine opportunity here. Find a good indoor range that will let you sample several. Range time is never wasted.