What are some LGBT bands that aren't bland alt-normie pop punk/synthpop?

what are some LGBT bands that aren't bland alt-normie pop punk/synthpop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqiqrRlQt5g
youtube.com/watch?v=1y7G1Jig7Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=zO2F48JKIlo
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Queercore/
youtube.com/watch?v=FaJN5FA8RSE
youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wF_pAqEyjGg
youtube.com/watch?v=_xpWYHHTzaI
youtube.com/watch?v=uIjoaeXlQ_Y&ab_channel=satelliteflight
youtube.com/watch?v=o-nr1nNC3ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Matmos

grizzly bear

It's 2017, being gay/transgender/whatever is unironically normie by this point. if you really want to 'stick it to the man' in this topsy turvy cultural marxist world where 'the man' is an amorphous queer(tm) blubber blob with neon blue hair, straight is the way to go.

yeah but what about a good gay band?

Xiu xiu
Coil

ebic

COIL

+hirs+
cynic

heck i always forget about hirs even though they're one of the very few bands in philly that don't fucking suck

Saw hirs live. Damn good shit. Don't agree with the extreme politics but enjoyable nonetheless

Arthur Russell

youtube.com/watch?v=jqiqrRlQt5g

youtube.com/watch?v=1y7G1Jig7Jk

youtube.com/watch?v=zO2F48JKIlo

Husked Du

Heatmiser

>muh alt-right is the radical counter culture
Fuck off to Sup Forums

>pic related

Perfume Genius
Xiu Xiu
Kaytranda
Girlpool

>Cause I know you're still worried I'm gonna get scared again/ And make my insides clean with your kitchen bleach/ But I've kissed enough bathroom sinks to make up for the lovers that never loved me/ And I know my body is just dirty clothes

I wish there was some good LGBT-centric music that actually had some bite and edge to it. I mean, for a group of people who've been harrassed, cast aside, and even killed, you think there'd be some more rebellious shit coming from them.

Coil?

I feel like you don't know a lot of LGBT artists

here's an idea
they can both be the man

> cultural marxism

Don't post this disgusting slag

You sound like someone who off-handedly dismisses most queer artists because "muh identity politics"

First couple B-52s. Four-fifths gay band and it's obvious, but not in an annoying way, the music isn't about being gay. Later on they did get a bit hackneyed though

someone got triggered :^)

What was up with his face?

Judas Priest

Death in June.

lol what the fuck why did i not connect that douglas was gay until this very moment am i fucking autistic

Did we ever find out if Sufjan Stevens is bi?

I dunno, maybe we should listen to all his songs that describe homosexual encounters again.

You are one of the sheep that you hate.

The one's already mentioned are for the most part great. Arca is alright too.

To be honest I don't know many gay bands/artists. Maybe REM,

Lot's of edm/idm and industrial is made by gays and trans although I couldn't recall any off the top of my head.

Had very bad acne scarring that he was very insecure of.

Their first two albums are so good but I will still defend Cosmic Thing to the death. It's still fun it's just a completely different brand of fun. It's a dip in quality from their earlier releases but some people try to act like anything after Wild Planet has no value which I just disagree with.

They don't have no value. I like Mesopotamia, there's other good one-offs. They don't really fit the topic after Wild Planet though, they started getting more into bland synth and whatnot.

PWR BTTM

their shit is so fucking good

>posting this without my consent
im triggered
don't make me start a rapey rumour and destroy your career

No I dont think you guys understand, I mean like LGBT CENTRIC, not just bands/artists who are LGBT. Sorta like how PWR BTTM, controversy aside, were explicitly pro-LGBT and talked about those issues. Except instead of mostly light-hearted pop songs, I mean some punk/rebellious stuff. I like Aye Nako and G.L.O.S.S because they talk about those types of issues while not putting on the stereotypical pop gay icon non-serious image

Well that edginess comes out of violence visited upon LGBT people for having the *audacity* to be happy with themselves, not because Pride itself is bad.

The idea that we can't embrace levity from time to time is a little messed up.

I think the reason a lot of LGBT musicians are more pop-oriented is because we as a community spend a lot of our times angry and sad so LGBT musicians made poppy and happy music as a way to escape the torment and turn it around into pride in identity

Death In June

Ezra Furman

G.L.O.S.S.

you should probably go back to your safe space if you don't want to see that kind of thing

coil molested little boys in thailand, what is it with gays and being rapers?

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Queercore/

Black Sun Productions

team dresch was unironically good at their peak

i know it's been mentioned but if you're gay and angry at everything you'd fucking love xiu xiu
in fact, Sup Forums often overlooks how much fun "queercore" is

sure whatever
these too

Throbbing Gristle

true, I'm part of the so called "alt-right" and to be honest it feels punk as fuck

you're not punk. you're memetarded feces that nobody loves and will die lonely while masturbating.

Fuck off, loser cunt.

Yeah man, gotta show those kikes and nu males how rebellious and superior we are by basing our actions and ideals on reactions to their culture.

Riot grrl?

No he's a good Christian boy

You can't molest a prostitute, retard

The Magnetic Fields

youtube.com/watch?v=FaJN5FA8RSE

i haven't cared for their other stuff, unfortunately, but i think this song is so cool. i wish there was more aggressive stuff by gay people like this and xiu

Love this post

António Variações, best gay artist ever

youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE

I realize I'm probably taking your bait, but if not I hope you realize that you got baited

DEATH IN JUNE

>liking a band for being lgbt

fuck this nu-mu

Gay men have the worst taste in music, the original popatmists, they all like show tunes and top 40 pop music , have the same taste in music as a 14 year old girl.
You will never see a flamboyantly gay man be all "o mg i just lovvvvvve cannibal corpse"

you realize these SJW types are just the unthinking masses who act as puppets. the people pulling the strings haven't actually changed

>You will never see a flamboyantly gay man be all "o mg i just lovvvvvve cannibal corpse"
thats because they fucking suck

i dont conform to gender binaries and dont believe in sexuality being restrained to gender. im part of lgbt communities and music scenes. queer people are actually much more likely to exist in an artistic culture. experimental music-- noise, house, techno, industrial, punk, etc than cishet people. outcasted by mainstream society we make alternative art scenes that dont participate int he same ruleset as capitalism which expressly exploits marginalized peoples.

The Apostles
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wF_pAqEyjGg

[citation needed]

>muh out cast

Yeahs cause you hear a lot of the cannibal corpse on the top 40 you pretentious twat

he's half right. Out of all the lgbt people I know about half of them listen to boring pop and memerap and the other half listen to breakcore and powerviolence

underrated

like half the electronic musicians and 20th century composers are gay

Japan
>David Sylvian admitted to being Bisexual in an interview in 1980.

Think 'coming out' as a gay is hard? Try coming out as a redpill homophobe to your cuck parents and see where that gets you.

Good god please graduate high school before posting here

have proof to back up this bullshit claim?

these are bland as fuck but anyways

Funeral Pyre is a gut wrenchingly sad song

She's a good one.

What is some gay emo?
youtube.com/watch?v=_xpWYHHTzaI

>tfw I actually like all these albums except nirvana

Passion Pit is alt-normie synthpop but I don't give a fuck, it's still fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIjoaeXlQ_Y&ab_channel=satelliteflight

t. never actually met a gay man

Lmao have you even spent like 20 seconds discussing music with a gay dude

youtube.com/watch?v=o-nr1nNC3ds
what a champion

>all that retarded shit you just typed
WEW FAGGOT

this is just music that some butthurt faggot doesnt like

sigur ros

Car Seat Headrest, specifically Twin Fantasy, is actually gay-centric