Name a movie that uses more real science than Interstellar

Name a movie that uses more real science than Interstellar.

>you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
youtu.be/Ix7rJFbV2X4
youtu.be/lfG2-FFL6fY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the martian

>tfw you science the shit out of something

>forget what OP asked il just post the most reddit film in existence

it does have a lot more real science

he grows potatoes from poopoo whoopdy doo. try flying round a black hole faggot

Apollo 13

Schindler's List

Independence Day

The Core

do you really think that travelling through a black hole would look like iTunes visualizations?

Apollo 13 was mostly bullshit and im not even going to bother responding to the rest of them.

How the hell was Apollo 13 bullshit?

Jesus Christ, if we land it's a hoax, if we don't it's bullshit...

For time dilation to work the way interstellar proposed one either needs:
1. To attain a speed close to light speed (special theory of relativity) it would mean acceleration over an exceptional long period (months at 1G - over 1G things become uncomfortable for humans).
2. A massive gravity field (general theory of relativity). The gravitational acceleration would squash one to the thickness of one micron in no time at all.

In either case Interstellar was a fairy tale.

NASA is working on warp drive currently

I think Kip Thorne who worked on the movie knows a lot more than you, a lonely basement dwelling pleb on the chan. So I think I'll stick with the actual scientists who know actual science. Thanks.

it's a tiny R&D project that violates the laws of physics as we know them

>real science

>Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving...
>that transcends dimensions of time and space.

The time dilation on Miller due to the gravitational forces of Gargantua would be tantamount to the planet moving at roughly 99.99999998% the speed of light. - Dr. Eric Hale

if anyone wants me to debunk this statement,
neuronal synapses fire at a rate that is not independent of time, nor can neurons exist in a space that is not within standard spatial dimensions.
And neurons/neurotransmitters are responsible for us experiencing the feeling of 'love'.

if anybody is interested, they should read Kip Thorne's interstellar book.
he explains all the physics in the movie from start to finish.
he even differentiates the movie physics into established facts, educated guesses, and total fiction.
very good read.
so if you want to know which parts of the movie are plausible, or how much is bullshit?

>interstellar thinks black holes are actual holes
>OP thinks interstellar uses real science

they do?

What I am taking issue with is more with the reasoning.

>we cant see beyond event horizon
>ergo there is answer there that we need

t. cuck who probably defines himself as "smart but lazy" whose main source of science notions is some poop-sci site like IFLS

>a literal meme in the science community since the 50s

this nasa bullshit has been going on since last year, they've claimed they've obtained good results without proofs or papers.

t. fat pathetic Sup Forumsirgin

>ask question
>proceed to get correct answer
>'MUH FUCKIN REDDIT SHIT PLEB KEK'

Enjoy the fucking 5th dimension, faggots

never said in movie like this

In theory it would literally look like how it looked in Interstellar though

Armageddon has more science than this.

>cant read

bonjourno reddito

thoery isn't fact.

Science is about repeatable end results with controlled variables - that's the end game.

Arguably The Martian had more provable science then theoretical.

Anyone see Pi? Wasn't that supposed to be excellent theory too?

Lol do you have autism?

Contact, which this film ripped off

The core...

You do realize the earth is hollow and the fact that they keep trying to shill its got a molten centre is pathetic

>You do realize the earth is hollow and the fact that they keep trying to shill its got a molten centre is pathetic
Two hundred years behind on the old science hey?
No worries:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
From the earth's mass its clear it aint hollow son.

Again, WHAT?
Look, you clearly have zero background in science so let me spell it out for you.
Gravitational fields of that strength would be akin to diving to the bottom of the ocean with no protection. There are no "answers" at the bottom of the ocean, just data. There are no "answers" at an event horizon, just data.
Sure we may be able to theorise something from data collected at an event horizion which eludes to time travel but thinking that jumping into one would cause magical time travel is moronic.
It's all psuedoscientific misconception.
Let. It. Die

have you even seen contact? had you I think you'd realise what a monstrously retarded comment that was.

>thoery isn't fact.

Please don't type something so stupid on this board ever again. The only thing not simulated accurately about the black hole would be the accretion ring's doppler shift. The side moving towards you would be shifted blue, and the side moving away would be shifted red.
Also relativistic effects weren't really shown all that well. When their spaceship is travelling around the black hole (right before Cooper enters it), they would have been travelling close to the speed of light. Their entire perspective of the universe would have condensed to one incredibly bright light directly ahead of them, while the event horizon would be stretched overhead and look fucking massive. Honestly the radiation present during relativistic travel would have pretty much sterilized everything on board their spaceship, killing Cooper and Anne Hathaway's character. Honestly it's understandable why they cut out this part.

Also, rotating black holes have ergospheres, and I'm not even sure how you would show that in the film or what the hell it would even look like. That's some real crazy shit right there, but I think the region of space moving away from your perspective should appear absolutely black since light shouldn't be able to escape if it's moving against the spin. Fuck I don't know, I might be wrong.

>it's a Love Conquers All ending

Gr8 b8 m8

>hyped for Interstellar for years
>nolan attached to it
>shit, maybe he won't fuck it up
>movie released
>it's a fucking family drama jst set in space

fuck you nolan

>interstellar
>science

kek remember "hack" part when he stuck on multidimensional behind book rack?

Was gonna make a new thread for this but I'll ask it here instead:

If they could send back "Yes" or "No" signals back through the wormhole, why couldn't they use binary to talk?

the acceleration thing is true. the tidal forces thing... there's a bullshit justification for that

if stephen hawking went in an event horizon could he walk again

DUDE LOVE TARS LMAO

is Dunkirk going to push Nolan as the top director of our time?

This, Interstellar is just a beautiful "what if"-movie, it just tries to incoperate science so its not as dumb.

I didnt mind the movie tho, mostly everything pre-black hole is great, then it becomes a bit cheesy with the powerful love, etc.

well he already is so...

It does better than most sci-fi flicks, but it's definitely got its flaws.

>black holes contain some magical world-saving data
>sending a signal from inside the event horizon

He was trying to do his own 2001 but the reality it's been done, and can only be done once.

>science guy who saves the day is a black guy who looks like a rapper

This is true

Wouldn't Cooper's body most likely get's stretched to death as he entered the even horizon. Also while everything around him goes black, if he had looked back he'd see the universe change rapidly since time moves slower when you enter the black hole.
I still liked the vizuals, music and most pre-black hole scenes.

Also Treasure Planet was awesome as a kid to watch, the black hole scene was cool.

youtu.be/Ix7rJFbV2X4

None of those things happened.

He is also not very good at social interaction and has an excentric personality.
How dare you stigmatize him

Fpbp

Wouldn't everything have failed if Matt Damon hadn't fucked up? That seems kinda risky for the faith of humanity.

Apollo thirteen
That Ramanujan movie
That Turing movie
That good will hunting movie
That schizophrenic economist movie
The race for the double helix
Flash Gordon
Gattaca
The Andromeda strain

>implying there can be only five dimensions

There has been no verification that black holes actually exist. The entire concept is theoretical.

because computers aren't real

its 2016

> power of love
> real science

I was on the verge of turning the fucking shit off when he said that. Le reddit the movie.

Ex Machina

> ctrl + f
> no Primer

look it up nigga, ain't no direct or indirect observation of a black hole.

>gets cucked by a robot
>science movie
kek

this isnt reddit

But it's what OP asked for regardless of whether it's Reddit or not. M-theory is science.

youtu.be/lfG2-FFL6fY

>72830248
>gets cucked by a robot
>science movie
>kek

>ignores the top notch cinematography
>the philosophical discussions between caleb and nathan
>ignores nathans opinion that humans are programmed to be heterosexual
>ignores based nathan

kek

Primer is goat, fuck you.

>le so clever science movie

if it was simpler, you'd still go

>le science movie for dumb people

That's what he did though. He applied his science and engineering knowledge to solve problems and keep himself alive. I didn't have any problem with the line, but I'm not obsessed with reddit so I have no idea how it's relevant to reddit culture or fandom.

Is there a reason to hate the film other than LE REDDIT? The only part that I disliked was Donald Glover, he was godawful and ruined the scenes he was in.

>le catch 22 science movie

Interstellar had me up until they started talking about love. Ruined the damn film. It was awesome sci-fi up until LOVE MAGIC.

This. Primer is, in fact, GOAT sci-fi as far as grounded or "hard" sci-fi goes.

>what is causality

>no love on Sundays

Was this power of love really necessary? Was the Earth subplot with stupidest premise necessary? I mean, what kind of sense does it make to flee a blight that kills your crops to planet that can't support unsheltered human life at all? If you are going to build something to survive on alien planet, why not build it on Earth? What do all those extra farmers do? They don't seem to farm several different cultures. They seem to be rather uniform and in fact look down on one guy who sowed different crop. Why is dust bowl? I'm sure future people learn thing or two from mistakes of early XX century.

Why couldn't it be a movie celebrating human ingenuity, natural curiosity, travelling spirit? Why not just make a movie about wormhole opening up and explorers going there to see what's on the other side? The premise of the movie would be essentially the same.

if you ever have a real relationship with another human being you might understand.

No, it's just shit ass sci-fi you fucking autist. His relationship with his daughter wasn't a problem. LOVE TRANSCENDS TIME AND SPACE AND SAVES THE DAY is the problem. Took a perfectly good movie with a lot of great elements, then shit all over it.

YOU WATCHED IT WRONG

Contact
The Core
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Hackers
Cube (all 3)
The Martian
Interstellar
Airplane
Ghostbusters (2016)
Snowden
Wargames

I don't remember this too well, but what was the point of the secret gravity defying formula being needed for a super large colony ship? As I understood, it was supposed to enable the ship get into space from Earth, but couldn't you just launch the required building materials and people into space in smaller, manageable batches and build the colony ship in orbit?

>I know more than Christopher Nolan

No, you don't.

Ghostbusters (2016)

The Andromeda Strain(1971 obviously)

considering it would literately bankrupt the world 8 times over to produce the 15kg of antimatter to activate the warp drive its pointless

>Dnews

Yeah that part was pretty stupid

Overall, had it just been about exploring space, the movie would jave been much better. The shit about drama between the family and that love being the most powerful force in the universe really ruined it.

Is asking for a good, semi-realistic sci fi film without bullshit too hard to find? (Exluding ones with poverty budgets)

Kip Thorne is stupid. Sup Forums kids a lot smarter

That's plainly bullshit. You're arguing semantics and you can't bait me. tl;dr, you can't "observe" a black hole directly, but we know they are there because of gravitational lensing. when we can get closer we'll be able to detect hawking radiation.

>one-word response meant to be flippant and dismissive but really just got BTFO and can't come up with something better

Where are you pulling that from? Your degree in theoretical physics or your theoretical degree in physics?