Isn't it weird the allegations came out right before they dropped an album? Is it coincidence, or deliberate?

Isn't it weird the allegations came out right before they dropped an album? Is it coincidence, or deliberate?

Other urls found in this thread:

mpcdot.com/forums/topic/6651-the-institute-for-advanced-homophobia/
archive.is/i56yY
youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They've been pretty thoroughly BTFO, so I'm gonna go with coincidence

Considering they knew months in advance that people knew what Ben did, it was probably deliberate.

I mean, they could've said, "hey, these people are claiming Ben assaulted them, yadda yadda yadda. We're sorry, and we're working with yadda yadda yadda." Could've saved them some face and could've led to less fallout. But, they kept it mum, so it got announced so it would hurt them the most.

bad buzz is still buzz, cuz

definately deliberate
if i was sexually assaulted by a band id want maximum impact when i come forward with my allegations

it originates from a post someone made asking a venue to not book them, so technically no, but I guess they're touring for the album so

The entire tour has been cancelled, they've been dropped by all their labels and the album isn't even being sold anymore.

I know?

to increase sales among alt right

I dont really care, they were giant libtard faggots and im glad they dead

>hang around in cricles full of the mentally ill and sexually promiscuous
>be surprised when someone you had sex with is mentally ill

the thing is it's hurt the label real bad as well... they've had to pull a tonne of vinyl pressings and CDs which they're probably gonna scrap.

How is this even news?
This is literally just what faggots do. Homosexuality is nothing more than unrestrained masculine aggression. That's why everybody in prison is gay.

If you hang around with a cock-sucking faggot long enough, he will try to fuck you. It's elementary science.

>they
He assaulted multiple people?

Wait so the article I read basically said a member of the band had sex with a drunk chick. Is this really all it takes to ruin someone's rise to fame these days?

when you represent the queer community
and go out of your way to talk about safe spaces and gender politics, yeah.
that plus their response was " I don't think he knows he did this" was kind of an admission.

>That's why everybody in prison is gay

God I hate modern liberals

I wanna listen to their new album though ;_;

>Michael Gira of Swans is accused of rape
>there's a bit of a spectacle for a month or so, mostly just on the internet, but then things die down
>Gira/Swans continues making/selling music pretty much unscathed--(most) fans still love them, still making new music, still doing massive tours that get positive reception, etc.

>this indie gay band is accused of rape
>literally entire career is ruined in a week--dropped from label, entire tour cancelled, music removed from iTunes and streaming services, possibly breaking up

how the fuck did this happen?

>this shit again

Can we stop with the Gira comparisons? Not similar at all

-gira was accused by one perso, ben has been accused by multiple.
-ben did not outright deny the allegations. the allegations were apparently also floating around for a while.
-pwr bttms fanbase are almost entirely progressive queer types, who are particularly unforgiving when it comes to allegations, compared to the swans fanbase.

>This is literally just what faggots do
I know right? Why is everyone surprised at this

the differnence is, and i can speak as a gira fan. We dint care if he raped someone or didnt. He probably didnt but even if he did it doesnt make his music not awesome.

But the sjw fans of PWR BTTM will jump to canabalize anyone accussed of anything. I suspect this will start a new era of accusations against white men in entertainment who side with social justice.

I don't know who these guys are but I keep seeing this thread posted. My biased opinion based purely on the image that keeps being posted as the OP is that he both did it and deserves it.

Look at that fucking degenerate, does he really look like someone who has any values or moral character?

gira could have power sawed a child in half and most fans would still buy his shit.

look at the stream numbers m8. theyre done for

nice dubs

who are these faggots

is that mac demarco?

>they use the child's screams as a 5 minute intro

methinks power bottoms is at the heart of a sjw movement that intends on holding people accountable for their personal lives. it's like the divide between the personal and the public is collapsing. bower pottoms get so much backlash because they were supposed to be the people championing this movement.

When is it right to "cannibalize" someone in your opinion?

I've literally never heard of these faggots until this "controversy" made them constantly talked about it here

>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

Anyone else get the sense that Ben is a straight dude who was in drag as a queer person for money, fame, and attention? I've known people like that and it pisses me off because it's not my place to police their identity, but it seems glaringly obvious. I hate that I feel that because that takes away from people who have worked so hard to find their truest selves.

>implying everything he said isn't 100% true
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/6651-the-institute-for-advanced-homophobia/

Michael's a cool dude. I'm going to buy the new live album if I can

he raped women though

I know this is the right answer, but I also kind of believe that Gira came through because so much of his music is about being a shitty and violent person, and it doesn't feel inconsistent for it to have been made by a rapist.

I've never seen a interview with the guy but i'm willing to entertain it

>mypostingcareer

>clearly biased forum
yeah, tell me more.

outside of his music, Gira seems like a really nice person though.

PLEASUREMAN is a genius and his theories on SCALE are brilliant
ok keep getting your 'facts' from huffpo fag w/e

Who are these faggots

>degenerates Btfo
based

This is the first I've heard of this. Interesting.

The more we can vilify these people, the better. The whole "they/them" thing is fucking degenerate, and nobody who thinks that should be respected whatsoever. This just makes it more obvious.

It's one thing to be gay or bi or even transsexual to a certain extent (although that's also a mental illness), but these men are just fucking faggots.

i'm not getting my facts from huffpo man, i'm a gay dude and i'm fine with whatever i am, i don't have aids and neither i go to bathrooms to get fucked by random people, having you take facts from mpc is the same from getting them from huffpo, biased.

Anyone who uses they/them pronouns is only doing it for the attention and trying to feel 'unique,' so you're correct.

The Line of Best Fit deleted their review of Pageant.

what fucking pussies

archive.is/i56yY

>methinks power bottoms is at the heart of a sjw movement that intends on holding people accountable for their personal lives. it's like the divide between the personal and the public is collapsing. bower pottoms get so much backlash because they were supposed to be the people championing this movement.

Interesting.

This kind of thing is going to get much worse before it gets better, isn't it?

So much for people who want to become a rock star to have sex with groupies...

Now they're gonna be rare as hell and make them a 4tune in the blackest of markets

wait. Isn't Bill Cosby's shit still on there?

>people who want to become a rock star to have sex with groupies
that's degenerate boomer-tier behavior that calls for shaming and ostracization regardless

They could be bi, or omni or whatever the term is now for "fuck anything that moves".

I'll admit, what bothers me is the sense that anonymous allegations are enough to destroy someone's lives.

Probably not a politically appropriate thing to say, but if they're genuinely a predatory serial rapist, I'd rather see people file charges and put 'em behind bars...otherwise, it's unsubstantiated hearsay.

that fag on the left would make a pretty qt trap

He's obviously just larping though. One of the members of Sutcliffe Jugend is married with kids.

Queer is just made up shit boring people from tumbler use to be a special little snowflake.
I mean, cant just be gay or some shit got to be some ambiguous shit so you can be offended at everything.

And these millennials act like this is some revolutionary shit, people wearing make up and womens clothes.

The 80's called they want their aesthetic back

youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0

samefag

p. sure Jesus Himself was crossdressing before any of those '80's hacks my man.

Those people are tools whom we should not be encouraging. Not to mention that fucking groupies and raping women are distinct things.

>SEX BAD HUUUUR

this is why no one like sjw's

Pretty much been answered already but I think i can add a bit to why Swans were relatively unharmed.
Larkin Grimm is literally confirmed mentally unstable. She accused some other guy she was in a band with of the same thing shortly before accusing Gira of the same thing. In both cases, EVERYONE that was actually in some way related to the incident sided against Grimm and full out denied the allegations.
Shortly after bringing this attention to herself, Grimm released new music about "muh stronk wommins".
hmmm. Honestly anyone with a brain should be able to piece the puzzle together

People who buy into the "rock star" fantasy and can't bother to motivate themselves beyond sticking their dicks somewhere wet and warm are losers. Nowhere did I imply sex is bad. Keep strawmanning and calling everyone an SJW.

>raping women

This. It's enough to be accused, there's no smoke without fire. We should have zero tolerance for any of this shit.

What happened to your average 4channer that causes him to outright refuse to acknowledge that a woman might actually have been raped?

she already said she made it up

>Isn't it weird the allegations came out right before they dropped an album

HOLY FUCK THEY DID NOT. THEY WERE THERE. FOR FUCKING MONTHS. NOBODY DID ANYTHING. THAT PICTURE OF HIM BY THE SWASTIKA WAS OUT FOR MONTHS. NOBODY CARED. KIDS BEING KIDS LOL.

YOU GUYS ACT LIKE IT'S A CONSPIRACY. IT'S NOT. THEY HAD AN ALBUM COMING OUT. A PERSON WHO HAD BEEN TOLD OF THEIR RAMPANT DEVIANCY WARNED OTHERS NOT TO BOOK THEM BECAUSE OF THESE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE ACCUSATIONS.

WHAT DO THEY DO? "HEY THIS IS NEWS TO ALL OF US, IF YOU FELT LIKE BEN RAPED YOU JUST EMAIL US" - AND THE MEDIA ACCEPTED THAT. THEY JUST WENT YEAH, THAT'S OKAY.

IT WASN'T UNTIL THE JEZEBEL ARTICLE CAME OUT WITH AN INTERVIEW WITH THAT WOMAN WHO SAID THE STATEMENT WAS A FLAT OUT LIKE BECAUSE SHE INFORMED THE BAND OF BEN'S ACTIONS AND THEY DIDN'T DO SHIT MONTHS BEFORE.

SHE WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN COME FORWARD IF THEY DIDN'T RELEASE THAT PACK OF LIES AND FORGED IGNORANCE. AND EVEN THEN IT WAS ONLY THE SILENCE OF PWR BTTM THAT FINALLY GOT THE MEDIA GOING "OH NO, THESE SJW MINSTRELS ARE ACTUALLY RAPISTS".

AND YOU KNOW, YOU CAN BE A SHITTY PERSON AND MAKE MUSIC. NOBODY CARES ABOUT SHITTY PEOPLE MAKING MUSIC. YOU CAN DIVORCE IT FROM YOUR ART. BUT TO BE SUCH A DANGEROUS HYPOCRITE IS A TRAVESTY. TO ACTIVELY GO ABOUT CLAIMING TO CREATE A SPACE FOR ALL THESE CONFUSED KIDS WHO LOOKED UP TO YOU AND SAY A PWR BTTM CONCERT WILL BE A PLACE YOU CAN EXPRESS YOURSELF AND NOT GET HURT FOR IT AND YOU ARE THE ONES ACTUALLY CAUSING THE PAIN? THAT'S BEYOND SEXUAL HARASSMENT. THAT'S BEYOND DISGUSTING INSULTS. THAT IS EVIL. FUCKING EVIL.

WHAT THEY'VE DONE IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING I'VE HEARD FROM TRUMP OR BILL O REILLY OR LA REID OR ANY OF THESE FUCKERS.

FUCK THESE TWO. I HOPE THEIR CAREERS ARE OVER FOREVER. I NEVER WANT TO HEAR A SINGLE THING FROM THESE RAPIST COMPLICIT TRAITORS EVER AGAIN.

FUCK THEM.

How did you get that from the previous user's post

I don't know who these people are but they look like massive faggots so I'm happy if anything's going wrong for them

This is why I hate faggots, their pronoun shit is confusing as fuck

"After Hopkins took Jen home they allegedly made sexually aggressive advances and started having sex with her without permission while also refusing to wear protection"

THEY? Who's they? Is that fag identifying as a "they"? fuck LGBT retards

this guy fucks

IT'S NOT "THEY" IT'S "HE"

HE HAS A GODDAMN BEARD FUCK OFF

DO NOT VALIDATE THIS BULLSHIT

It's not even moderately confusing, and you know damn well who "they" means in that sentence. Don't pretend to be stupid.

Blame English for having such vague grammar.

Spanish and Italian do not have this problem.

They would have been a success because in 2017 music publications care more about identity than the quality of the music, 10 stars to beyonce because she is a le strong black woman™ 10 stars to pwwrbbtttm for being queer™

2,5 stars for being a straight white male reeeeeeeee

I agree, fuck these faggots, not the band but all the people that turnt on them because one ANONYMOUS accuser came forward.

What ever happened to proof? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

And fuck their label too, people live in such fear of these SJW sphere they rather drop a very promising band hours after some random person who's not even willing to give their name accuses a band member of abuse.

In that Jezebel story it says she didn't even realized she had been abused until waaaaay later. Fuck these people!

Gira isn't steeped in the nu-male music industry and his fans aren't all pathetic nu-males, so lying rape allegations didn't affect him whereas slander easily fools the sort of faggots who like this retarded homosexual indie shit.

The sorts of people who freak out over accusations without demanding proof are the genetic equivalents of wormtongues.

Thankfully, one of two things will happen:

1) They will be raped to death by whatever horde of brown people demographically usurps the United States

2) They will be immolated to death by literal right wing death squads if a revolution prevents contingency #1.

The silver lining to the radicalization of politics.

Oh yeah, because it would be sooo great for her right now if she gave her name right? Like, nobody at all would have doxxed her or tried to ruin her life more so.

And everyone saying hurr she's lying then why doesn't Ben just come out and say that?

Gira is the one that keeps coming up. Everyone keeps saying Gira fans wouldn't care and maybe they won't but you know what? Gira does care. And said immediately that he is not a rapist. Issued statements immediately calling the accusation false. His wife came out, called the accusation false, called the accuser an obsessed liar. Swans stood by him, his label stood by him. And the accuser had literally nobody back up her events. So even a man who's fans wouldn't give a fuck about him being a rapist came out and staunchly denied being one. Because Gira is an actual human being.

Freddie Gibbs caught a rape charge. Because he's black he actually went to trial for his shit. Was proven completely innocent (CCTV footage of him being alone in his room at the time the girls claimed the rape happened, girls who later went on to hit on a fucking waiter that night), the case was ludicrous and obviously false.

Anyone defending Ben and Friend just answer me this. Why the silence? Why have they not said a single thing? Not even a single denial? Fuck off.

>his label stood by him
That's because he owns it. You're correct on everything else, tho.

>Because he's black he actually went to trial for his shit

Oh fuck off

He went to trial because he's a career criminal who had already been arrested multiple times for guns and drugs, not because muh racist whitey power structure keeping le strong afro king down

>arrested multiple times for guns and drugs,

What are you talking about? Gibbs has never been in jail before. He can go to any country in the world to perform. What do you actually know about him, tell me?

And even if that was true, which is it not, how does that make you a rapist?

this
havent seen anyone sum it up thos well

They didnt say anything because it didnt happen. A similar situation happened to the singer of the band 'JANK' (who is also genderqueer).

That guy for example had sex with another chick (who was also queer) and they were both drunk, therefore = feeling sorry the day after = rape = the man that had sex ou of the two all of a sudden raped the women.

I just think that sex is a very touchy subject for SJWs and as soon as someone doesnt sign a pre-coitus contract its seen as 'rape'.

Also, the guys in PWR BTTM are turboqueer hypergays who probably have a lot of sex, so of course someone out of all their fuckbuddies will use sex against them.

All in all, PWR BTTM knew and felt that their promiscuity didnt stand a chance against the 'queer/lgbt' community

>swans fanbase
>Sup Forums edgelords and old ppl

>pwr bttm fanbase
>super sparkly sensitive snowflakes who nevertheless care deeply about the very same issues the band members were accused of

gee idk dude

Oh, and did the guy from Jank have multiple people stating this against him accusing him of abuse?

I'm not saying it's not a touchy subject, and it can be in many cases. What I'm saying it's pretty black and white, here, with this specific person.

I don't know the story there but from what you wrote it sounds like the guy from Jank actually acknowledged the sex took place. Ben hasn't even done that. Liv hasn't come out and denied being knowledgeable of any of this. Because they knew.

Band statement when? I wanna hear what they have to say

>THAT PICTURE OF HIM BY THE SWASTIKA WAS OUT FOR MONTHS.

i have yet to see an adequate explanation for the massive attention this got. why are americans so afraid of swastikas?

check twitter

>implying he didn't

Check what on twitter? I've seen their post addressing it but not denying it, but that was made before shit went down. I read they were supposed to make another formal statement early this week but it hasn't happened yet to my knowledge

It's not because he was black. He was extradited to Austria, who then put him on trial.

Approximatley 10 percent of conviction disparity between blacks and whites is probably attributable to bias. The bias is formed because black people are awful.

Hopefully user, I can only dream

1. If you're going to make that type of accusation you A) Do it in a legal manner and not some fucked biased magazine for attention B) Accept the consequences of having to disclose your name.
Remember when it happened to Conor Oberst? He got slammed on the media over and over again, he couldn't say a thing. He had to wait months until the psycho girl came forward and admitted it was a lie.
If the girl is not lying why not go to the police? Why not make a formal accusation. No one rapes someone and the victim stays the night, fuck off!

My friend actually showed them to me the night before the allegations dropped. We also made out and she sucked my dick and I touched her pussy.

Good night.

true, I posted something in defense of the band on Reddit and I got this in less than 3 mins

Though it might be a bit weird how they have responded so far, i really think there's nothing you can do right in the eyes of SJWs.

The reason im so skeptical of it all is because, even though i believe that with a rape case its always wise to side with the victim, i think the LGBTQ community has a warped and twisted view of what actually constitutes as rape.

I also hope the accusations are false but i see how this can be their downfall. Im just a fan of the music btw, it would be shameful if this meant there wouldbe no more music

They read To Kill a Mockingbird once upon a time. An allegation is not proof