So what's going on with the new Swans live album??

So what's going on with the new Swans live album??

Other urls found in this thread:

younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/deliquescence
kickstarter.com/projects/1000942931/where-does-a-body-end-a-documentary-on-the-band-sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean this one? supposedly it is called Deliquescence and it was up on the YGR website for a second, so it's definitely coming soon

Tracklist:
The Knot
Screen Shot
Cloud of Forgetting
Deliquescing
Cloud of Unknowing
The Man Who Refused To Be Unhappy
The Glowing Man

Also, here's Gira holding it up, taken from their instagram. Not much else there to say about it

Probably going to be another fundraiser for another album. I think Michael's going down a revolving door line-up route now, but still using the Swans name.

younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/deliquescence

it's up!

>DELIQUESCENCE is a 2XCD live album recorded in 2016/17, documenting the final Swans tour of this configuration of the band. It shows the Swans live set generally as it stands now (though, as always, the set continues its transformation along the way as the tour progresses). It contains two (long) pieces that have never been, and never will be, recorded elsewhere. In addition it contains a lengthy, unfinished and discarded work in progress. As usual, the pre-existing material used in the live set is subject to constant revision/expansion. The performances were expertly (multi track and live mics) recorded and mixed, and this album and package serves as an excellent document of this mutually telepathic and fiercely exploratory version of Swans. The two concerts that provided the material for these recordings took place at Huxley’s, Berlin, and The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco. The artwork is drawn/designed by Michael Gira. The art is printed on raw cardboard stock and is undercoated and embossed strategically for maximum tactile effect. Each dot represents a very specific point in time, expanding infinitely and consigned to flames. This item is sold primarily at this website and on tour. A few copies will be sold at special stores (unsigned). All copies sold at this website and at live shows are signed by M.Gira. This album is not available digitally. We are printing a maximum of 3000 and then this item will disappear forever.

I like swans but that description of the band members is cringe as fuck

3000? Can't wait for this to sell for hundreds on Discogs (not that I'm going to flip this, I love swans)

BEST TEETH in the FUCKIN GAME

test

wtf i didn't know about this album

i'm scared this music will make me rape someone

um........... shutup nerd

>It contains two (long) pieces that have never been, and never will be, recorded elsewhere.
Well, guess I'm going to need to buy it then

So can I get this digitally yet? And if not when

Someone go get it and rip it I need to hear The Knot please and thank you

Nope, and most certainly never since it's a fundraiser album
>This album is not available digitally.

my upload is stuck on %15 ill get back to you

its a cool song. Definitely something to hear live

Oh yeah sorry, didn't read that part

Oh believe me, I heard it live last year
Thor here

Thanks man

Someone will most probably rip it at some point, but you've got to wait for it to be delivered first.
How long's shipping usually from America to the UK?

everyone knows Thor is their Ringo

Cool, I was at that San Francisco show.

Thor contributed a ton as one of the bands percussionist, this iteration of Swans has had their best use of percussion since the no wave days.

Suck dick, user.

is this pasta?
Norman Westberg: The subject plays guitar and stands impossibly still, grinding a helpless nugget of gum into abjection while simultaneously piercing objects near and far with a cruel and impassive gaze. His hands move up and down the neck of his guitar without collaborating with the rest of his body. An old-school American stoic in the extreme, he once made M.G. weep helplessly by smiling for a glimpsed instant onstage. He knits scarves for friends and family while listening to Raw Power on repeat; Michael Gira: The subject plays guitar to questionable effect, sings, often spastically gesticulates, and can sometimes be seen slapping his face Three Stooges- like onstage. He claims he can actually feel the molecules that comprise his body breaking down inside him, turning painfully to powder, but he remains stupefied with childish joy at the simple fact of his existence. He believes he “runs things,” and this delusion often results in catastrophe. He sometimes coyly pretends to help load and unload the band’s copious gear. He cries during the finale of It’s a Wonderful Life

God damn Gira. I just ordered the great annihilator issue, now I got to get this one too

>often spastically gesticulates
kek

I thought it was pretty cringey at first, but once you get to Gira's section its pretty obvious theyre self aware about it, and it's pretty funny.
People seem to think Swans are always super serious, but they've got a sense of humor about themselves.

swans suck live though

>He claims he can actually feel the molecules that comprise his body breaking down inside him, turning painfully to powder, but he remains stupefied with childish joy at the simple fact of his existence.

>he once made M.G. weep helplessly by smiling for a glimpsed instant onstage
this made me laugh desu

he has a tripcode Xd

>tripcode
Namefags suck but come on

Kek

I just forgot to remove my name after a boring rp thread on bant, come on guys.

I just want my high quality The Knot recording :'(

lel

This

That shit rocked my socks off when I saw them

Anyone else get the 3 day passes to the final shows? Need someone to crash with

>Gira has probably handsigned like 10,000 albums now

how do his hands still function

im sure you have masturbated more than that. how does your hands still function?

a lot more than that man
if theres 3000 copies of just this album and he signed all of them, then think of all the copies of TGM, TBK, Seer and all reissues (of both CD and Vinyl)
He signs literally everything bought off of Young God

I have minor athritis

yeah but he has to do them for hours at a time, right, just signature after signature, the same thing over and over, because the albums have to be ready at a certain point. I can choose whenever I want to masturbate and for how long.

What do you guys think the track Deliquescing will be like? Probably just another crescendo core swans jam (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I at least hope it's up to snuff with the other stuff despite being "discarded"

Betweem this and the final 3 show pass he got me for $125 today

one chord for 17 minutes with gira moaning over it

that sounds awesome

I just bought it

Same
I can't wait. I hope the recording is able to capture the huge amount of energy in the live version of screenshot in comparison to the TBK studio version.

I'll probably buy it, I always felt a little guilty for not contributing to their other fundraisers considering how much I love their music.
New songs will be cool too.

I hope it involves the absorption of atmospheric moisture by some chemical

rip when?

He flex his muscles a lot

probably (hopefully) sometime this week

Why does he wear a cowboy hat? Is it supposed to symbolism some kind of manliness?

just ordered my copy, hyped as heck

when men go bald they often take to wearing hats. he probably likes the cowboy hat because it's unique and not cringe-worthy like a fedora/bowler hat

>bald

Jarboe gave Gira one of her dads hats when he passed away (he was an FBI agent who exclusively wore cowboy hats) he got used to it and literally said "i dont feel comfortable without wearing one"

And...
>tfw Im seeing swans for the first time in August without THOR.
Shame.

I just saw them live last night and they weren't selling it

>No Frankie M
Guess I'll wait for the rip.

Do they sell/offer anything at their shows or is it just strictly the experience?

we already got live Frankie M on The Gate

>unavailable
FUCK
has it already sold out?

It seems so and I just got paid so I am livid

They usually have a selection of t-shirts, cds and vinyl

T-shirts (literally 1 t-shirt in this case) and albums.

I bought a You Fucking People Make Me Sick shirt.

kek, Gira takes every opportunity to sell his fans unfinished/low quality junk. You honestly think he wouldn't do the same at his shows?

Confirmed fucking gone. Clicked link, added to cart, put in information, click next, unavailable. What the heck man.

And why is it only signed by Gira why not the rest of the band if its literally their last album together.

LOL
already sold out
glad i got it when I did

Says so on the site holy shit that seemed instantanious.

Thanks anons I'll check when I see them next week.

user pls post rip when you get it.

I suppose 'current incarnation' doesn't misdesignate a third resurrection.

all I had to do was drive to the bank
instead I sat here browsing Sup Forums until it sold out

oh shit buddy

I live in canada so i imagine american anons will probably have rips up by the time I get mine, but if there isn't I can for sure

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT
DAMN IT MICHAEL

At least we have this anons.

kickstarter.com/projects/1000942931/where-does-a-body-end-a-documentary-on-the-band-sw

What I would do to smell this

Just spent £32 on a CD, AMA

Nice

tfw backed the kickstarter for the t-shirt and blu-ray reward, and also got deliquescence

Ha, so it's being made by the same guy responsible for the live videos over the years. Can't say he did a good job with those to be desu but with the access level he has it's bound to be at least watchable.

Good one familioso

How much do you want for it?

Please rip that blu ray famalam this limited quantities thing is bullshit.

They were terrible this last tour so whatever.

lol salty they sold out too soon?

I would be if I saw any value in it. But since their last tour so distilled I'm not seeing the hype.

maybe you just caught a bad show?
I thought the one I saw was amazing

I saw them live every time they would release an album from Gallows onward. Don't get me wrong I like this iteration of Swans but the last two shows I saw of them was an unstructured mess.

Gira is a fantastic vocalist and lyricist but all he did was moan every now and then and flail his arms. There was no semblance of structure, change or progression to anything. The only distinct sound was when the bassist would pop in with a distinct groove. It's a distilled version of what Swans used to be. I'm kinda glad he's molding a new version of Swans. This one seems to be at its creative end.

>implying thats a bad thing

he's pretty handsome desu

Saw them live in March, great performance, this album is sold out tho, so I'll be waiting for someone to upload it at least

Looks like I'm seeing them in August! Show just got announced

his signature at this point is kinda just a scribble, not too taxing

it's a pretty clear "MGirA", actually

Same