Atheists, if World War 3 happened and we all died, would you be worried about the afterlife...

atheists, if World War 3 happened and we all died, would you be worried about the afterlife? Isn't it better to believe and hope for a better afterlife? Suffering for eternity in Hell is just not worth being edgy and rebellious in our current lives.

TL;DR
>does eternal suffering in Hell concern atheists (you)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVlYNioeXNY
youtube.com/watch?v=eDddDjrsN6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look up Pascal's Wager

No such thing as hell. Try again faggot

No.

Death nonexistence. Just like before you were born.

Don't give a shit about what happens after you die. Give a shit about what's happening while you're alive.

Yeah, let's combine religion and politics, and just pack it all into one big shit-flinging session. Great idea, OP!

No, because even if God does exist I don't think he's feel constrained by the bible. We'll be cool.

implying that simply believing is enough to get you into heaven

it's not believing that's my issue, it's the whole praising a fucking space wizard that doesn't sit right with me.

Have worked since the early days.

And if god does exist
I am sure he will forgive
Me for doubting for he'd see
How unlikely he himself seems

If I am dead, I won't be worrying about anything because I am dead. How is that for circular logic?

OP here, ill admit this thread is just bait. i figured combining these two sensitive topics would grab some easy attention kek. Thread is dying so im abandoning it

what? no. I could be paying attention to practical things, like calling my senator or hoarding water

No, but the thought of being forsaken by the Valkyries does. I'mma live until ww4, the one fought with all melee weapons at least.

no.

youtube.com/watch?v=IVlYNioeXNY

Dam son!!!
That one hell of a good answer.

just sayin'

but... if god exists he stood by idly and watched the syrian government use sarin gas on children

definitely the sort of person i want to be chilling with in the after life

youre a fucking retard and i hope your correct for yourself

Pascal's Wager is nonsense. If a religion is correct than an actual belief is required. You can say you believe as much as you want but saying it doesn't make it true.

Question for religious people. Old testament has god hardening Pharaoh's heart, New Testament has parable of the seeds, Quran says Allah can make a man a believer or non-believer. Can I make the case that I don't belief because that is how God made me. In which case, how can God punish me for being a non-believer?

no, you simply have to believe in Jesus John 3:16

well hes probably letting it happen for America to open their eyes and realize their own government did 9/11

Suck Satan's cock!!!

Honestly, I'd rather be in a Hell full of scientists than a Heaven full of right-winged assholes

there wont be a war. politicians tend to be smart unlike people that believe in gods.

I see no evidence of hell existing, so no. Im not worried about it.

he wont, hell punish you for your sins, and then youll be punished in your own brain because the answer to life was just one book away and youlet yourself slip by into averageness instead of reaching top potential loser

>atheist
>worried about the afterlife

do you not know what the fuck an atheist is? dude u are seriously a retard

NO BODY KNOWS WHO THE FUCK THIS GUY IS EXCEPT FOR THIS QUOTE. this is classic athiest propaganda stupidity. explain this guys relevence to anything pls user, p[rove he knows what he talks about

Hey, God here! If you don't send $10,000 to my PayPal within the nest 20 minutes, I'm going to send you to hell.

Remember... Pascal's wager. What if I really AM God??

wrong

where will you stand when you face the judgement of Kek?

heaven sounds like, church, you sit around all day worshiping him. Boring as hell. Now hell, on the other hand, sound like one giant mosh pit. The cooler people will be in hell.

its the quote itself that matters, who cares who said it

The whole thing is a fucking conspiracy

if its a 50% chance either way then the odds are the same, wheras, believing in God brings infinite more reward than not. Because when you not, then thats the whole pie! theres nothing more to discuss with you. you have no point in any believers life, youre a bunch of cigarettes and believers are trees. Believers are growing every day with God, gaining wisdom and knowledge and appreciation for Gods Earth, and athiests...are not doing anything. you go to work, make money eat food wash clothes get haircut mow lawn be fags and have unprotected sex. My life is filled with awe and wonder and your lives are filled with the same routines. Atheism is boring.

>politicians tend to be smart

get off cnn faggot, and go read about jewish media and freemasons

because wisdom transcends time.

>christian logic

>go read about Jewish media and freemasons
Get off Stormfront and Sup Forums

answer to life was just one book away

What do you mean by this. I've read most of them. In truth, most non-edgy agnostics are better versed in theological writings than die-hard believers

but he wasnt an athiest

No
No

the fact that you dont know anything about marcus aurelius is quite plausible. you are propably from the us and didnt have latin in school. he was portrayed as a wise leader in the movie "gladiator" which you are more likely to be familiar with.

Hey OP do you wear onion neckleaces in case vampires are real? I mean better safe than sorry? Also wear a gun with silver in case werevoles are real

Don't forget to pray to spaghetti monster in case he exist! If you think any of these are ridiculous you answered your own question, same if you don't do them right away

unlike you who live like a pure goyem, i have met and seen masons and connection to jews, so go suck on a nigger cock, coz that what you mutilated cock like to do.. fgt

>would you be worried about the afterlife?

There is no afterlife.

>there is no afterlife

as if you have been there

*garlic but very good point user

Everyone has their own average potential that God will oblidge to you, athiest or not. The only option as humans once we figured out were dead, is to take our potential and stretch it further as much as possible. Athiest are accepting their fate as most average human form possible, but reading the bible it will open gates in your mind, air air out your body and put you in flight so you can over-fly yopu average acceptable to God self. Athiests are acceptable. the end. Acceptable try. If you jump in the Bible and SEARCH for your own answers, like ive experienced, new ideas jump out at you.

Let me explain it this way. An athiest thinks there nothing left to learn about lifve, but taking the first step of believing there is a God, sets you on a path to building more steps for your future. By deleting the first step by being an athiest keeps you at the bottom stair

Dude, what we call conciousness is just a result of the chemical process in the brain, when they stop, you stop.

>go read about jewish media and freemasons
lets pretend like that shit is true for a second. in what way does this statement proof politicians dont tend to be smart?

There is not a 50/50 chance that there's a vicious deity who sends people to eternal damnation, any more than the existence of Lord Xenu is 50/50. In fact, there is literally no good reason to believe this nonsense.

Claims presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

irrelevant when the words ring true.

what was heaven like before you were born? oh, you don't know? wait, so the only evidence you have that there is an afterlife comes from people who are/were alive? how the fuck would they know anything?

this X God is a God all the same. A GOD a spaghetti GOD a fake GOD, a muslim GOD, atheists, WHERE IS YOUR GOD?

they only thing they smart at is stealing money from the citizens to enrich themselves... IN NO WAY ARE THEY HELPING SOCIETY,,

get your head out of your own ass

Doesn´t work, because it is not a 50/50 chance thing.

Let´s assume there is a 50% chance god exists, does that mean there is a 50% heaven exists? no, because if god exists it doesn´t mean it is the god you worship, or the the god anyone worships, or a god that even cares about who worships him, or maybe god exists, but he never made and afterlife.

If you want to see this as a matter chance, it doesn´t matter what you choose, the odds are all against you, massively.

It's called Pascal's Wager and often used by christians to justify their position.

Just extend it to every religion that ever existed. Should be the same concern to everyone, which is none.

The athiests ruin it all the time, and athiests are the only ones who can change their minds in this argument. so im gonna leave, but ill leave with a message.
the Bible says, God's name is I AM, which stand for, Its gonna be what its gonna be

fucking retards..

lets assume you are 50% autistic and 50% retarded, why do you not see half man half cow? or a bird with the body of a horse?

so which one are you?

he was an emperor of Rome. Good military standing and was a revered philosopher.

BECAUSE YOURE AFRAID ATHIESTS

YOU FEAR GOD TRUE

>atheists, WHERE IS YOUR GOD?
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were "differently abled".

You're a special boy, user. You can do anything you set your mind to, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Not really. And you should fear the bazillion of gods that people imagined too. They're as valid as yours. By the way have you stoned an homosexual today? If you didn't you're going to hell.

I just maintain my faith to keep my hope alive, be it the arena of spiritual survival, or what have you, and let my rationale and reason sustain my day to day.

Regard reality with your brain and your best foot forward, keep an iota of hope alive in your heart for what may yet be.

I don't worry about the afterlife for myself, anyway. I worry about it for those whom I've loved who've died. If there is a hell, I'll go there. Of that much I'm certain.

>Watching all the fedora-wearing atheists run to a religion because now their scared.

It has always been engineered by man. It's all in our heads. Theology, philosophy, science. Neurochemistry, biochemistry. Unreasonable to fear nothingness.

so basically i was right and you were wrong?

ive been gay since first grade

don't need one mate

All of you need to go listen to Within you Without you by the Beatles. Atheism is not some acceptance of averageness, it is a refusal to be deceived into thinking that other people are less than you because they don't share your beliefs; there is no god, there is man, so man must learn to love his fellow man as he is and not in the context of some esoteric plan. If you have not love, you are nothing. Read your precious Bible, you may learn from it yet.

You can replace most 'heaven' tiles in Pascal's Wager with an 'hell' one. Won't matter in the end anyway tho.

it's not a 50% moron. There are tons of religions and tons of God's, almost all of them, if they existed, willing to punish you if you pick the wrong one. It's more like trying to win the lotto but harder, on top of that, there is zero evidence for any of it where as the lotto actually exist and we can confirm it. It's literarily a loosing game, loser.

This is what I'm talking about. Have read bible multiple times, have read multiple versions. Christians can't even agree on the 10 commandments much less what chapters to include. There is no magic in the bible, its just an mistranslated, over-edited book.

I was just curious about a believer's take on how all 3 major monotheistic texts have passages that seem to speak against man ultimately having free will. .

ill read the bible, you listen to a single beatles song there guy. no one is less than anyone, but you can be dumber

>would you be worried about the afterlife?
no, because there isn't any afterlife.

just as you were nothing before you were born, you are nothing after you die.

personally, I am comforted by the knowledge that there is no afterlife.

BYE THREAD you have not read the
bible multiple times

this guy gets it

>Single Beatles song

There are plenty of other examples. You strawmanned my point instead of addressing it. What is the point of a belief if you cannot prove it? Only your actions matter, and diminishing unbelievers to cannon fodder is hardly Christ like. I grew up in a cult, I know all of the stories and doctrine.

It didn't change a single life I observed. If you have not love for your fellow man, you are no Christian, you're just an asshole.

then whyd you read it more than twice

Prove it?

You can't, because no one can. No one has ever come back to elucidate the truth. So... shut the fuck up? The only sensible protocol is to keep your hand down, your mouth shut, and steel yourself for your inevitable death, 'cause it's coming, and you'll figure it out eventually. Or, you know, cease to be, and then it stops being a conundrum, 'cause there's no you left to be confused about it.

Cheers.

all 3? can you name the passages in the Bible?

christians cannot even decide if the bible is literal or figurative

let me set you straight, your arguments are the same as every single athiest on Earth, but my argument is different than all Christians, Christans minds grow over and out to explain to you cult kids that christianity is religion and it is life. The point of belief is the prospect of experiencing HEAVEN. HEAVEN HEAVEN HEAVEN is better than nothing at all like YOU WANT? Atheists can get to Heaven and everyone will get a once over, dont murder anyone. You can go to Heaven because God loves everyone. You really CAN. But as a Christian I ALREADY LIVE THERE so my Heaven self is in direct communication you see?

Such a pain being a non-faith agnostic. Most atheists don't read the texts they disparage and you can't have discussion of texts just as a philosophical discourse with believers.

Personally, if I could be a believer I think the dualist aspects of Zoroastrianism seem more on tract than the monotheistic religions.

If hell existed and god would send us there for (reasonably) not believing in him, then we'd probably go there anyway.

That said, I'd prefer to go to hell if the only way to go to heaven is to accept a human sacrifice on my behalf. If my "sins" are so horrible then either I should be the one to pay for them or god should get over it and accept that human's, as a species, are fucked up.

So many Atheists arguing there is no God in this thread, it's really pathetic how they can't see 2 moves ahead. God or no God such nonsense ideas as Atheism have always lead to genocide throughout history. It should be obvious to everyone with a brain that you need God to understand morality.

Does religious people worry that they are picking the wrong religion and since they believe in hell would end up there?

At the very worst I will into purgatory for being a good and just person. Meanwhile you have people who do evil deeds and believe they are safe just because they worship.

hitler was religious stupid

As long as that's the way you express your faith I would say take your heaven with you if that is your perception. But, since there is no proof I instead live by principle. When you change yourself you change the world, the only world currently documented and inhabited. If our principles both cause us to act virtuously and achieve this peaceable heaven on Earth, well, perhaps that is the point of faith in the first place.

Not only that but Hitler was the second Antichrist so he is actually an important figure in Christianity.

>Atheism have always lead to genocide
not even true

i have absolutely no desire to kill anyone. not religious people, SJWs, feminists, leftists, rightists, etc.

the thing about atheism, we know we have to make the best of this short existence that we do have.

>North Korea starts rattling a sword

Oh, you're still here?

Do you believe in the easter bunny too? there is no hell.

>does eternal suffering in Hell concern atheists (you)?

Not even the slightest. I'm athiest but am open to the idea of being wrong. The world just makes more sense to me without there being a god. The idea of death is uncomfortable for the vast majority of people, I see religion in any form as a denial that death is exactly what it is, the end of life. It's ok though, really, we all go into the darkness together. But who knows, I could be totally wrong. Maybe we'll get to find out.

No, not really. The whole idea was clever for it's time but now we've got law enforcement that can be here in 3 minutes.

>patreon

Actually, the typical response time is about 15. A lot can go on in about 3. In fact, a lot can go on in about fifteen seconds.

I'm an EMT, response time is difficult and I'm not allowed to enter the scene until it's been secured by police. People can already be dead by then that wouldn't be otherwise. It's simply that we're not allowed to carry weapons, nor would we usually want to.

you are stupid.

whom do you think put the laws of your reality together before things?

you think this is all random? why things work one way and not the other? whom put the laws before there was matter?

youtube.com/watch?v=eDddDjrsN6s

Old Testament
In Exodus 4 Exodus 7 Deuteronomy 2
New Testament
In Mark 4, Mathew 13 Luke 8
Quran
mare exact passage not on hand but there are passages in The Cattle and Abraham