White People in Chinese Movies

How come no one gave even a single fuck when John Cusack and Adrien Brody were in a Chinese historical/fantasy epic in 2015?

Or Nicolas Cage and Hayden Christensen in 2014?

Why is it only now controversial?

The Chinese have literally been doing this EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkkOCtOrAcA
action.18mr.org/bring-him-home/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BECAUSE IT'S CURRENT YEAR, CMON

Chinese people actually want to see white people in Chinese movies.

and why wouldnt they? Why the fuck would the chinese be butthurt about a big hollywood name in a movie produced by their own?

The way things are headed, expect to see it a lot more as china will become one of the bigger funders of the hollywood machine (and the studios & actors within it)

asians didn't decide to bandwagon the diversity meme until the oscars

clueless chinese perpetuating hollywood norms and white supremacy for money instead of being an industry base of their own. China won't amount to anything if they keep adopting western pop culture over their own.

Because it's only now that the SJW's have cottoned on to the fact that the Chinese Box Office is about to overtake the U.S. Box Office and will be absolutely integral to mainstream films and their success and thus the shaping of pop culture.

They are shocked to learn that the Chinese do not abide by the same standards as America and Europe, and that for them "white people" are a diverse enough addition to the roster.

Basically they are now realizing they're on the wrong side of history and are about to get left behind.

Because only blacks and beta white males care about race to the point they will cry victim at any portrayal that upsets them.

reminds me of the shit they do in China, like build those megacities with no residents and build Eiffel Tower replicas and style entire neighborhoods after English cities

You forgot Jackie Chan just had this come out too.

Already grossed 110 mil in 2 weeks, only playing in China.

Remember how in the 90's it was Hollywood importing Chinese talent to work on their films? Now it's flipped. Kind of weird.

That's why they are now casting white actors in Chinese movies, as opposed to settling for American movies with Chinese tokenism.

Tom Cruise is probably brushing up on his Mandarin as we speak.

Well that's kinda different.
Hong Kong cinema was a massive beast in the 90's but it was still it's own thing different from China and less constricted by China regulations.

I doubt it.

Look at this movie. A generation of chinese and international moviegoers is going to look at the awesome Asian achievement of the Great Wall and think "whites probably had to save hysterical chinese on it in their own country in the past LOL"

It's a bad move, normalizing whitewashing, etc.

I need to see this. It's in Engrish, right?

RENNY HARLIN COMEBACK FUCK YEAH

FINLAND
I
N
L
A
N
D

>Whitewashing white characters

You're opinion is pretty much worthless because you're legitimate a dumb person.

Yeah.

It's straight 90's.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkkOCtOrAcA

He literally moved to China to restart his career.

That's pretty cool.

looks pretty funny to be honest. Nice change of pace from all those Hollywood movies.

whitewashing is a broad term that includes yellow to white, white savior tropes, inexplicable inclusion of whites in cultural settings, whites being better at a culture than the actual minorities, wmaf relationships etc.

you're clearly latching onto something pointless as semantics just so you can disregard the facts. did a white person have a significant role on the Great Wall? The answer is no.

Theres actually a petition to stop matt damon from entering china.

> it was announced Harlin will directed Legend of the Ancient Sword at Alibaba Pictures, based on a Chinese role-playing video game

I loved the video games but Chinese video game adaptations always butcher the source material

I mean, neither did monsters.

It's funny SJW think china gives a fuck what they think

I miss 80's-90's Hong Kong cinema.

This
I will never not be amused by the SJWs raging against Asian cultures. It's not a movie made for you you self-centered morons

Wait what movie title is starting this controversy?

Is that OUTCAST movie poster real? Nick Cage's face looks so out of place.

welcome to [YEAR]

lol

where do i sign

I wonder if Jackie Chan just hits Johnny Knoxville for real. I mean, the guy could take it.

"make china safe again: ban matt damon"

action.18mr.org/bring-him-home/

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>fan bingbing

Holy shit, Shanghai Hour 2016

Based China blowing the fuck out of Western liberals again and again

Can't wait until they are just dominating the world and it's culture. They love whites and hate balcks, liberals can't stand it

Chinese here

We love white people in our movies. esp white stars, for whatever reason.

We've been randomly inserting white people into our movies since the 2000's.

But nobody gives much of a shit cuz they usually end up as disjointed clusterfuck movies

Ruh Roh... The Jews working with the Chinese will create an master race of sneaky fucks who happen to control our media.

Any other Chinese movies with American actors?

Because something something deep cultural heritage that is spoiled by white people user. Take it from an American to tell the Chinese what to be upset about.

>doesn't watch the movie
>sees whitey
>triggertron goes full trigger form
Reeeeeee white washing! Reeeeeee it's white supremacy even though a Chinese company asked Matt Damon reeeeeee

Those movies weren't made by Zhang Yimou, China's finest director

>Can't wait until they are just dominating the world and it's culture.
You should kys for even thinking that.

>The Last Nigger on Earth
>starring Tom Hanks

People that are outraged are just mad a white person is on screen. They are triggered the culture isn't conforming to the persons pretty conceived notion of what a culture should be.