Metalcore/post-hardcore/scenecore thread

Obviously this stuff isn't very popular and is mostly hated here, but what are your favorite albums?

I want to relive 2006/high school

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDKlKOP6fDI
youtu.be/gDCHx4tPv-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YEbjhstG1gE
youtu.be/oQ97og-Pxz8
youtube.com/watch?v=4U_qfn_Pudo
youtube.com/watch?v=od_ghJbHNKU
youtu.be/qyP5a13x7aw
youtube.com/watch?v=wb2W2flJF94
youtube.com/watch?v=flScb5dyn74
youtube.com/watch?v=xz41dsx1yWA
youtube.com/watch?v=i0lIZriDOYE
youtube.com/watch?v=NupsnKw4I-E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think There Is A Hell... is BMTH's best album by far

Attack Attack s/t
OM&M s/t
Stand Up and Scream was an essential
Enter Shikari - Take to the Skies
Parkway Drive - Deep Blue

Miss may I

The devil wears Prada

This album and the first Pierce the Veil album are actually great.

Is that an unpopular opinion? I agree with you.

I bought this on a whim and I was disappointed it was only an EP

I used to really like ADtR back in high school, Homesick was a favorite when it came out

prog scenecore > both prog and scenecore

>Enter Shikari
for real greatest band of the last decade, head and shoulders above the scene they get lumped in with

hello friends :^)

legit, one of the few bands that I still listen to from the ol' emo phase

God tier metalcore
>as I lay dying
>killswitch engage
>august burns red
>avenge sevenfold
>Memphis may fire

So we all agree this is the most patrician Post-Hardcore album of the 2010's yes?

Does this count?

These don't count, they're actual good music (and not related to the gay scene stuff)

>referring to things you don't like as gay
Are you actually still in high school?

Tbh Wildlife is so far ahead of the rest of the shit in the thread right now there's no point in posting it.

scene is lgbt-core and has expanded as fuck
now kids think 21pilots is scene too to give you an example

>Mfw people compare La Dispute to Twenty One Pilots

What is vocally similar to La Dispute? I love the singer's flow but must of the other Post-Hardcore bands of the same style like Touché Amoré are more aggressive and less passionate. At least it's how I feel.

People actually do, yeah. La Dispute isn't too popular tho but most people don't see the difference between these kind of bands. Also, nice meme, saved it :^)

I'd recommend mewithoutYou off this chart. Their earlier stuff is more Post-Hardcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDKlKOP6fDI

I've listened to LD, TA, WB, EE(IWALE), IS, PBTT, CTTS. Pretty much loved them all. Is Being As An Ocean good? I've seen it in other threads.

They're okay. Honestly kinda mediocre.

They totally ripped off mewithoutYou. Listen to the song Silencer, for instance.

I fucking lost it when I saw his username was danny69

Only if you have a tumblr

>DGD

Holy shit this band sucks

Silencer sounds a lot like La Dispute, but desu I still like LD more.

Couldn't be more wrong
youtu.be/gDCHx4tPv-Y

W8 this was in response to

This typical as fuck Post-Hardcore structure is shit
They even put glistening distortion on their clean vocals. What is the abject garbage? Do you unironically listen to this?

Listen to this and learn boyo

youtube.com/watch?v=YEbjhstG1gE

youtu.be/oQ97og-Pxz8
Bury your Dead has some catchy stuff

Ofc I know of La Dispute.
But DGD play a completely different style, energetic and melodic emo/math rock with hooks that no other band does better imo

youtube.com/watch?v=4U_qfn_Pudo

Still one of the best post-hardcore songs of the 2000s

DGD is one of the noisiest, most unfulfilling, ear grating sounds I've ever heard. They're "technical" which is great if you're impressed by that, but god damn do they sound shitty regardless

The vocal work is so generic and cutrate...The lyrics are nonsensical and stupid...How the fuck do people like this garbage?

Maybe I'm not in the right place but my absolute favourite band is Killswitch Engage and I loved their End of Heartache/As Daylight dies albums. Any recommendations lads?

Misery Index

Are there any bands that capture the comfy mewithoutYou atmosphere?
I've been digging A Lot Like Birds lately and they fit but anything else?

Just stopping by to say that Dance Gavin Dance is the worst band ever. Saw them live once and wanted to kill myself.

well i like that they're shrill, and the nonsense lyrics too, dunno what to tell you otherwise

They don't do ANYTHING interesting or new. They're the same sugary-and-then-coarse shit every Post-Hardcore band is doing nowadays. And my GOD are the lyrics dumb. You can't honestly tell me this actually sounds good

youtube.com/watch?v=od_ghJbHNKU

I'd recommend you listen to more Post-Hardcore if you think DGD is actually decent

>their clean songs
This bleak, boring mindset makes me appreciate their music so much more
Have you tried cleaning the shit out of your ears yet? They dont even focus on being technical as much as making a groove between the instruments, they rarely leave 4/4 . And the lyrics are great, they manage to not be the same song thats been written by numerous bands before them or some pseudointellectual preaching without knowing anything on the subject. Its music for people that actually like music, not something to put on your lastfm charts and circlejerk over.

Have you tried not listening to objective garbage?

>And the lyrics are great, they manage to not be the same song thats been written by numerous bands before them or some pseudointellectual preaching without knowing anything on the subject
>Dude so whacky and ironic! We're so good!

> Its music for people that actually like music
Okay I actually had a laugh with this one. Thanks lad

People actually like Dance Gavin Dance?

>people actually dislike fun music

Where did this meme even come from?

I always thought count your blessings was BMTH's best album. The other album they came out with afterwards were garbage. That and a weird concert experience really put me off them

I never listened to There is a Hell or anything afterwards

Partial to ETID since they're from my city.
youtu.be/qyP5a13x7aw

>They don't do ANYTHING interesting or new
they write some pretty lovely parts, that's "interestng" enough
innovative != good
>They're the same sugary-and-then-coarse shit every Post-Hardcore band is doing nowadays.
the basic principle is the same but honestly Tilian might be my favorite vocalist in the genre right now, and the best DGD has ever had. he's so dreamy you can't honestly tell me he actually sounds bad. most bands that sound eerily like DGD came after them anyways, except maybe idk, TFoT?
listen to more post-hardcore maybe you'll learn the difference
>You can't honestly tell me this actually sounds good
well why not?
even the rapping on that song is pretty fun just because it comes out of nowhere, idk dude i appreciate whacky shit like that even despite the fact my Sup Forums-brand cynicism should forbid it

i am in full support of hot chicks on album covers. start this trend again

thanks for linking this, really enjoying it so far

youtube.com/watch?v=wb2W2flJF94

this just feels like high school

Nigger, their lyrics are completely incomprehensible. There's nothing "lovely" happening in there, like, at all. It's straight garbage

>he's so dreamy you can't honestly tell me he actually sounds bad
Pretty forgettable. Then you jump into screeching. And then back to DUDE WHACKY cleans. And then into screech.
>Dude they're like every other Post-Hardcore band but they do some WHACKY GOOFY STUFF sometimes!
>listen to more post-hardcore maybe you'll learn the difference
avin a laff over here

>even the rapping on that song is pretty fun just because it comes out of nowhere, idk dude i appreciate whacky shit like that even despite the fact my Sup Forums-brand cynicism should forbid it
Be brutally honest with me: How old are you?

I guess this statement doesn't mean much when I just realised what I really said was "of the 2 albums I've heard, I liked the first one."

Still, I thought there was actually something of substance in Count Your Blessings that wasn't in Suicide Season. But judging by the discussions I've had with people at the time, and considering how rapidly they blew up after the release of this album, I think I'm in the minority.

Singer ended up in a metalcore/djent band with Josh Travis of all people, tons of bangers
youtube.com/watch?v=flScb5dyn74

>Alexisonfire - Watch Out!
>The Bled - Pass The Flask.
>The Fall Of Troy - Doppelganger.
>Fear Before The March Of Flames - The Always Open Mouth.
>From Autumn To Ashes - Too Bad You're Beautiful.
>August Burns Red - Thrillseeker.
>Every Time I Die - Hot Damn.

These for me are the VITAL albums from back in those emo/scene days.

Count Your Blessings did feel a little more unique, it solidified first wave deathcore's sound, their mathcore EP is even weirder to listen to in hindsight though.
Suicide Season sounds like every trend in scenecore circa-2008 thrown together at once.

Out of the way fuccbois, AOTY 2016 coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=xz41dsx1yWA

Dance Gavin Dance honestly makes me cringe.

>DGD makes you cringe
>not TA
I like neither but come on senpai

i've seen em live a while back, pretty boring desu

Live they just suck, the forty thousand backtracks playing while Travis fucks around on stage is pretty lame. The studio stuff is fun tho

lmaoo
i'm not a thief i'm a treasure hunter
classic track

Stage Four is a good album tho

idk. never listened to it because i didnt really like their previous stuff aside from a few songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=i0lIZriDOYE
youtube.com/watch?v=NupsnKw4I-E

>Dude they're like every other Post-Hardcore band but they do some WHACKY GOOFY STUFF sometimes!
>that's not what he said but i'll pretend it is so i can BTFO him epicly
see anyone can do that, and besides
>DUDE WHACKY
fuck off, again i'm familiar that type of cynical reductionism, and i have absolutely no respect for it. next you're gonna drop the "DUDE TECHNICAL LMAO" or something similarly ham-fisted like you've already hinted at
i'm not in the mood to just talk smack man

and no i'm not playing the little game where you try to pigeonhole me because oh you couldn't possibly comprehend that x person who thinks y doesn't fit z stereotype to a t, and i say "nuh uh" either

check what thread you nerds are actually fighting in rn holy shit

I'm going to re-listen to Dance Gavin Dance so I can appropriately understand what it's like to enjoy incredibly uninteresting, generic and sugarcoated """Post-Hardcore"""

Thanks for your good post i read it

DEFEND
rawr~ :3
SCENE

Touche Amore is fantastic. I'd give Stage Four a listen. The lead singer lost his mother to cancer and the album is very strong, lyrically.

You're welcome! I don't listen to them much anymore but they still seem to be making pretty good albums.

i'm gonna listen to stockhausen so i remember what it's like to "enjoy" unmelodic novelty

Nowhere did i say theyre whacky and ironic lyrics, and you probably cant even define irony anyway. Theyre fucking words, if you screamed words for a living wouldnt you have a little bit of fun with them? God forbid they make art thats more then love songs, sad songs and bangers to be consumed and forgotten once the new fad comes along. >people still use this unfunny meme
>and then they jump into screeching
How is this even criticism? Do they have to sing at the same time in order to be good? Does your pop music need to be neatly segregated into genre tags for you?
Ffs just listen to orchid and saetia not the watered down revival crap

Kick ass ep.

>Listen to mewithoutYou
>"Meh not doing anything for me"
>Find this album

Sweet Jesus this is good. Anything else like this? I love the spoken word, quiet/loud, moodiness of this album

>the same sugary-and-then-coarse shit
Wait, weren't you the one to praise La Dispute? The band that uses the exact same overdramatic vocal delivery for EVERYTHING?

>The Bled - Pass the Flask

absolutely classic

at the drive in -relationship of command
coheed and cambria - second stage turbine
as i lay dying - shadows are security
from autumn to ashes - holding a wolf by the ears
escape the fate - no sympathy for the dead
from first to last - aesthetic

wow i was an emo fuck in highschool

They dropped a new album like 1 or 2 years ago and I was pumped since everyone was having orgasms about it because Anthony Green came back. The entire album was a piece of shit that sounded nothing like Saosin, it was a fucking Anthony Green project and he also ruined the songs by putting in screams all over the place where they absolutely were not needed. One of the old guitarists wasn't there and it was blatantly obvious with how bland each and every song was.

Even after I "grew" out of a lot of metal and post-hardcore groups, these guys are still in my top 3 bands. Very under rated and their members kept on switching out, had a short lived revival and put out an EP that sounded great but they split up again after that.

I my favorite DGD albums are DBM2 and Happiness, their new singer never caught my appeal but their latest album has a couple of amazing tracks.

this make me sad to hear, hate when bands try to come back and end up tarnishing whatever reputation they used to have..

makes me sad that these guys have become total shit these days

I used to be too into this album. I opened for them back in high school.

I don't like Touche Amore's other stuff but Stage Four is God tier m8. Honestly worth a listen.

I liked it. Never really cared for Saosin though besides the first EP.

That album and etcetera were great. Their singer was supposedly working with will and zach from dgd and strawberry girls but i havent heard any updates since like 2013. Hrvrd pulled the same shit, just released two incredible albums and then fell apart.

how do i stop aging? i'm ready to risk it all but i can't get any older than i am right now

Anybody else think that metalcore is fucking generic garbage these days? I like edgy shit like sworn in, villains, etc but most is just so fucking boring.

How old are you?

disappointed this hasn't been mentioned yet

42 decades

DUDE

24 in 2 months. i go to shows now and feel like an old ass man

yeah it might be time to pick a new scene bud

i don't go to emo shows if thats what you're saying, i'm just here for the bitching

the majority of the scene where i live is dominated by oldheads so idk what kind of shows you're going to

i've been going to a lot of shoegaze and metal shows lately and i don't feel too old, but i felt pretty old at shit like turnover and joyce manor, also various meme rap artists