‘Suicide Squad’ Obliterates Box Office Competition With $20 Million Thursday

>Critics may hate it, but Warner Bros. “Suicide Squad” is well on its way to the biggest August opening ever, after reeling in $20.5 million during Thursday night preview screenings.
>“Suicide Squad” nearly doubled the previous Thursday August record, held by “Guardians of the Galaxy” with $11.2 million.

thewrap.com/suicide-squad-obliterates-box-office-competition-with-20-million-thursday/

So it's gonna be BvS all over again with record breaking second weekend drop ?

CRITICS HATE IT

THIS SON OF A BITCH BROUGHT THE WAR TO US

FIND OUT WHO HAS THE MOVIE'S BACK THIS FRIDAY

>Drop

You underestimate the reddit generation, this movie is going to make bank all thanks to Harley Quinn

Are they going to shut down RT after this?

It won't last. I've seen even normies being turned off it by how vitriolic the feedback has been.

There's literally nothing else good to watch at theaters right now.

DAILY REMINDER THAT IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS MOVIE YOU'RE A MISOGYNISTIC FEDORA TIPPER WHO NEEDS TO GET WITH THE TIMES

I've seen the contrary, as people being curious at what the fuss is all about. The critics had the opposite effects.

Also, lots of sluts dressed up as Harley holy fuck.

That will only be because of slutty high school and college girls.

But is it a good movie?

What? Reviews said it's sexist and misogynist and there's too many ass shots.

This

About 5/10 girls turned up in full Harley cosplay in my showing

There were couples with impressive Joker/Harley cosplays at the premiere in my country.

sorry but I just looks like fun.
In a Big Drouble in Little China or Die Hard kinda way.

sure the acting of most of the character seems bad but there are so many characters to focus on that it doesn´t really matter in my opinion

also I can almost guaranty that most of the negative reviews are just from liberals that got triggered by some of the female characters skimpy outfits

They have to make $800 million to break even so it doesn't matter

YOU ARE A SHILL-SHITLORD, HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU!

This movie is an 8/10 in my opinion. Is really good!

source?

how can movies cost so much nowadays?

Hey I definitely want to see this a second time. BvS didn't seem to have much replay value watching the whole thing again but this film definitely has a lot more replay value.

>nothing else good
>implying suicide squad is good

The Harleys at my theatre were hot desu

Hatred is literally fueling this movie.

>Just bust my ghost up 2016 gets 73% on RT certified fresh
>Complete and utter bomb
>BVS gets 27% on RT
>700 million gross
>SS gets 27% on RT
>Amazing opening Thursday

I haven't seen any of those movies (MCUck here), but why are we suddenly worshipping at the altar of rotten shills?

>IMDB
>GB2016 at 5.5
>BVS at 6.9
>SS at 7.4

seems a lot fairer to me

really?

sounds great

Yes. One of the common complaints is that there's more Harley's ass than the other characters put together.

Also I'm reading a feminist forum in another tab to laugh a bit and man they linked at this article and they're so frustrated.

In case you guys didn't know, the masses don't care about reviews. They saw the advertising and are going to see it no matter what RT or the Sup Forums says

Explain BvS having the worst multiplier of any big budget movie ever, then

If a movie is THAT shitty they tell all their friends

Normies care a lot about RT for some reason. You're underestimating it.

seriouse question

what are the chances of there being a rated R cut?

Probably high considering the kind of positive reception of BvS kinocut edition and the fact that the biggest complaint was that this movie was chopped up too much.

BvS had maybe $25mil of advertising, while Suicide Squad has spent like $100mil cramming it down our throats since last fucking year

>BvS had maybe $25mil of advertising

Try $150 million. The entire picture, advertising and all, cost around $410 million.

>I've seen the contrary, as people being curious at what the fuss is all about.
So, this was Warner's plan all along?

great.
I would love to see more R rated comic book movies

>R rated version
>more ass shots
>sex scenes

>Movie is out for literally 1 day
>IT'S A HIT IT'S GONNA BREAK ALL THE RECORDS
I liked the movie but this is a complete non-story

You're probably right, but that would mean suicide squad has spent even more because I don't know if you've noticed but they have advertised the living fuck out of this compared to BvS

It's not even out in the US yet until tonight.

BvS had a phenomenal opening weekend and still ended up a disappointment. It had the worst legs ever seen in a blockbuster because word of mouth was so bad. Suicide Squad may find its niche and fans may receive it better than critics did but we won't have a real gauge of its performance for another month.

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the box office results. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is it winning? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Suicide Squad to fail and for marvel to save cape kino. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought the critics hated it???? This is so fucked.

20 million is pretty insane for a thursday but I think that's mainly because everyone wanted to see it as soon as possible.
I feel like the regular weekend numbers are going to be even less than they should be (like 100 million +) due to word of mouth.

does this prove that reddit doesn't actually care if movies are good they just don't like female ghostubsters?

>after its stellar Thursday opening, early projections that the movie could open as high as $140 million — which would be the biggest August opening ever — look like they could be in sight, even with the wave of poor reviews.

GotG had crazy legs and did 22+ million in its 6th fucking weekend. Beating GotG's weekend is about as hollow a victory as there is.

Ghostbusters didn't even have the fun value or one single hot female.

Dude this is 20+ millions in one day and selected theathers, not a weekend.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

wtf maybe I'll go see it then

GotG Domestic Total Gross: $333,176,600

BvS Domestic Total Gross $330,360,194

And BvS had a much better premier Thursday than SS. SS is NOT beating GotG.

This is 22 million in Thursday previews, you complete moron.
For opening weekend they're looking between 120 and 150

see

Moron.

Everytime

It's gonna beat GotG for sure.
People are now used to critics being biased against DC so they're disregarding RT opinion.

Nope. You're still the moron.
Look at the post I replied to.

The RT score means nothing. It's a shit movie that will drop like a brick in its second weekend.

20 millions on a few countries on a thursday in fucking august? Man you need to step up your shill game

Projections aren't set in stone. BvS had a huge ass drop that Easter sunday and made less than it was projected to.

When they say it cost $150mill to make a movie it doesnt include advertising, trailers, flying the actors around the world for appearances, etc

>In a word, “Suicide Squad” is trash. In two words, it’s ugly trash. Maybe no more words should be wasted on a movie that is, after all, only a movie, not a natural disaster or a terrorist attack. Still, movies contribute to the collective awareness. They can color the way we feel about the life around us. This one deserves further attention by virtue of its exceptional cynicism and startling ineptitude. “Suicide Squad” amounts to an all-out attack on the whole idea of entertainment.

- WSJ

more like 1b amirite?

Just watched it. Unlike BvS this movie is very pleb friendly. People in my theatre are laughing and even clapping at some part. So I don't think it's gonna be BvS case all over again.

20 million in America, 9 million in 7 other countries

And that user is right, a movie's legs are just as important as the opening weekend. There's nothing about SS that makes it worth rewatching, unless they release Ayer's original cut, which I have more faith in being good than the BvS "Ultimate" cut.

yeah but that still doesn´t add up to 800 million

Audiences will show complete contempt and disregard for critic opinion with this movie. It's going to blow up.

>yeah but that still doesn´t add up to 800 million
The studio only earn half of the box office money at best. And then you usually half that again to pay for the advertising. So you need to divide the final box office by 4 to see it it is a success. Not even Marvel managed to pass this test for every film, they didn't get much from IM1 and 2 or the two Thor films.

Why do they continue to make movies if so many are not breaking even by your test?

You're a fucking idiot. This is the most uninformed and retarded post I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

HONKA HONKA HONKA

I have no interest in seeing SS but why did it make critics this buttmad?

He's exaggerating, but there are a lot of hidden costs that go beyond the production budget

>people were clapping

this is a meme right? I've been to lots of movies with my girlfriend and I've never once seen clapping.

Not to mention studios lie. They rarely admit that a movie exceeds budget. It seems nowadays they just claim blockbusters cost in the 150 million range, whether it is true or not is anyone's guess.

Once word gets out to the plebs that the joker is barely in the movie its over.

Literally the only reason the masses are flocking.

marvel cucks on suicide watch

>now what it matter is how many people go see the film twice

You can't make this shit up, the dumb shit I have to read sometimes

OOOOOHHHHH YYYEAAAAAAHHH

IT WAS LIKE LIGHTNING
EVERYBODY WAS FIGHTING
AND THE MOVIE WAS KINO
AND THEY SAID IT WAS PRIMO

Jesus christ someone is willing to claim that there is no bias against this film after reading this?

Do you know how RT tomatometer works moron?

He's memeing, part of the marketing cost are indeed included in the production budget and the studios take almost everything the theater make the first weeks, both in the US and Europe. The theaters make money out the concessions mostly

>they didn't like it therefore they're bias, oh if only they could be as objective as me also FUCK MARVEL LOL JOSS SWEDEN MARLEL XD

Not even memeing man. The only time i saw people in theatre actually clapping is at the end of Insidious, Conjuring, and this movie right here.

Not to mention the two most important costs. Interest charge, cuz the banks hafta get their cut. Hollywood Jooz want to profit $100s of millions to line their pockets. If Goldsteinbergdiamond doesnt get richer its a flop

Just got out of a showing. Honestly wasnt bad. A little campy here and there and will smiths constant "im a black guy so what i say deserves some respek on my name" type bullshit gets kind of heavy handed but there was a good mix of villians and banter. Enchantress was cool and suprisingly sexier than HQ. Theres a scene were harley is getting dressed that i wish they wouldve just let her wear the bra and no shirt for the rest of the flick. All in all, worth a watch.

I honestly don't know what it is about this movie that makes critics hate it
Maybe they're just sick of capeshit, and they know they can lay into DC while having to leave the Marvel stuff alone because of it's popularity, so they took this opportunity to vent their frustration out in a peer-approved way

Everytime I read 'reddit' it always seems to apply more accurally to Sup Forums in general.

>The theaters make money out the concessions

>kek people actually believe this.

You think fucking glorified hot dog stands on large high tech buildings on acres of land are making enough bank to keep theatres afloat?

The joker was in the movie plenty he just wasnt an antagonist. More of a harley quinn subplot.

>being this racist

How about "I'm the worlds best shot and most accomplished villain in this group so it would make sense for you guys to listen to what I have to say"

Jesus christ

>respek on my name
Hi jeans

Cost of hotdog=.06 price you pay=6.00 thats a 10,000% profit holmes.

With the amount they teased him in trailers, everyone thinks he is a main character/ heath ledger joker screen time type deal.

He is not even close to that.

>the scene where croc runs into the water on all fours like a crocodile

Am I the only one who lost his shit at this?

You realize the mark-up on concessions is well over a thousand percent?

hopefully. hope all critics commit suicide too

T H I C C

How about youre a giant cuck.
This was obvious blackman strong propaganda because the only person receiving his shot was rick flag the only honorable protagonist. But go ahead and keep ignoring the obvious.

HAHHA GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

THIS MOVIE NEEDS 2.9 BILLION TO BREAK EVEN