Basketball will be more popular than soccer in your lifetime

>basketball will be more popular than soccer in your lifetime

>basketball is more popular than soccer in Argentina
I don't believe that for one minute.
What are "cue sports"? Billiards?

>football soccer

I also refuse to believe that basketball is the most popular in France and Spain. How do they come up with this?

Most of the world are manlets, footbol will always reign supreme

this tb͏h

I see no "Team Handball" anywhere on this map. How am I supposed to differentiate between the colors for cue sports and boxing

nobody cares about pussy indoor sports.

What genius decided to make two of the most popular sports in the world almost exactly the same color on the map?

Japan is baseball, mongolia = wrestling, papua new guinea = rugby, afghanistan = cricket or soccer.
I guess to save colours, it's pretty obvious which is which after all

>Argentina
>Italy
>Spain
>France
>China

>Basketball

china is crazy about basketball. they pay our washed up nba players to go live there and worship them as living gods.

let me tell you nignogs, basketball is not even close to being the most popular in france, it would be soccer, cycling, rugby and then maybe basketball

and in ireland it's probably 3rd desu

I meant soccer is the 3rd most popular in ireland btw. shit map

sloppy fix

more accurate desu

>argen fucking tina
>italy
>spain
>basketball

???????????????????????

>Spain
>France
>Argentina
>basketball

What kind of bullshit map is that?
Made by delusional NBA officials or something?

Here, have the real thing

>I guess to save colours, it's pretty obvious which is which after all

Look a little closer at the legend, and you'll see they are just about indistinguishable. Remember, the darker blue is boxing/wrestling or cue sports.

>also, no Kabbadi

This map is pure trash

This seems way more accurate. Still....

>no Kabbadi

D R O P P E D

why is baseball such a commie sport?

lmao wtf is this

Football is more popular than ice hockey in Switzerland by every metric

somewhat surprised that ice hockey or nordic skiing is not the most popular in Norway

Really

Not a single asian country is table tennis?

How much does Alonso/Markek earn to top Ramos?

>Spain, not football

Yeah that map is BS

>Ramos
10 million/year

>Alonso
36 million/year

But you have the some of the best basketball teams in europe

id say greece could be swapped for basketball and maybe some of the other slavic countries

what the fuck is this map

They also have 2 of the best football teams in the world

No volleyball? You fags!

Basketball is becoming more and more popular here but you are right, there's no way it's more popular than '''''soccer''''

Is this real life or a prank?

What glorious land do they play volleyball like this in?

This is complete bullshit. Soccer is #1 in France, Spain, and Argentina. Nobody in Italy cares about basketball.

>ice hockey most popular in norway
oh you best be joking.

Did you make that up yourself lad? well done, you triggered a lot of people

the ONLY country where basketball is the most popular sport is...

... Lithuania.

>Soccer is #1 in France, Spain, and Argentina.

and everywhere too, shit bait that will reach max replies.

And Philippines.

>Everyone falling for this obvious b8

>Basketball bigger than football in Spain, Argentina and France
Not gonna lie, I have my doubts

Also I always thought Baseball was bigger than soccer in Japan

U wot?

Macedonia is handball

Because America fucked them the hardest

We brought our culture when we invaded them both as Missionaries (China, Venezuela, Lebanon, Turkey, Japan, Lithuania), pure imperialism (Cuba, Philippines, South Korea, Pacific Islands, West Indies)

Therefore the countries with the strongest reactions against American imperialism also grew to love the sport.

Chavez and Castro were both huge baseball fans.

why is it always a leaf?

>golf
are you trolling? or do you genuinely believe football isn't >our most popular sport?

tbf Scotland probably prefer golf cos they're dogshit at football

>basketball more popular than soccer in the entire Iberian Peninsula and Italy
>soccer more popular than baseball in Japan
>soccer more popular than hockey in Russia

I think soccer is more popular than hockey in Russia though

Ya our system is so bad

With all the dindus they import you never know

>world series
every time

>and everywhere too

Well, not everywhere. Canada, Russia, the US, Cuba, Venezuela, the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, China, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Sweden, Finland, Norway, New Zealand, Australia.....that's like 1/3 of the global population, and in all of those countries soccer is not the #1 sport.

The NBA is horrible

It's been called that since the 1880s, when the US was the only country playing baseball. Baseball is all about tradition. Plus there were two leagues, one called the American League and one called the National League. They couldn't exactly call it the "American Championship" or "National Championship".

Football will overtake Basketball in China. In ten years we'll probably have a Premier League which is 90% owned by Chinese businessmen and with how nationalist Chinese people are they'll all be watching it. Scary stuff.

Not that scary, the PL has been mostly based on Asia for a long time now. Most Manchester United fans live in China and India.

It was just an era thing, post 2012 has seen 4 different champions in the NBA.

It's happening all over. A Chinese company owns 40% of Atletico Madrid, the Chinese government owns the entire Portuguese league, the Chinese government owns 15% of Manchester City, both Milan clubs have been bought by Chinese companies.....their own teams aren't producing talent, and European coaches don't really want to come to China, so they're going to buy European clubs and make them train Chinese players.

>PING-PONG is your national sport
>a fucking kid pastime

What went wrong with China lads?

It's popular here but barely the 3rd sport

Football and motorsports take +90% of the fanbase anyways

I wouldn't say AFL is the most popular sport in Australia, like 90% of the teams are based in Melbourne and the state of Victoria. Rugby League is popular in New South Wales and Queensland, the only sports that every Australian state cares about is Cricket and Motorsport tbqh.

Also Ice Hockey isn't that popular in Norway compared to Skiing, especially Nordic Skiing/Biathlon etc.

Norway, ice hockey?
The ONLY winter sport we dont give a shit about?
Shit map

true that basketball is very popular
but im pretty sure that i read on wikipedia that football is the most popular spectator sport in China

And know when they have these huge investments in the infrastructure of the sport made by the president plus the pretty big names they get to their league in these years i think football is more popular than basketball

it would be nice to hear from a real chinaman what the situation is

The relevant part of it cares about hockey.

>skateboarding
what the fuck is this piece of shit map you fucking retarded faggot leaf?

>Norway
>any relevant part

Afghanistan should be Cricket, I mean it was also the only sport that wasn't banned when the Taliban ruled the country.

football is the most popular in Russia, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden and Norway

trust me

oh well, can't argue with that

>basketball more popular in Spain, France, Italy, Argentina

How about no

Just taking the piss, I like your country

Who ever made this picture forgot the Maple Leafs and Flyers. Also 25/30 teams have a final appearance.

How is there no data on Serbia? Basketball is king there.

Football is the most popular sport in Serbia, and the Football Association of Serbia with 146,845 registered players, is the largest sporting association in the country.[1]

Norway is curling isn't it

(sand)niggers in Europe don't really play basketball, though

Then why doesn't England also prefer golf?

At least we actually qualify for tournaments. Scotland couldn't even qualify for the Euros when even Northern Ireland managed to.

Wins since 1982

Only goths and Poles play basketball here

>appearnace

who the fuck wrote this?

When it's pretty much a lottery who wins every year it loses prestige

Your goths play sports? Our goths wear make up and listen to industrial music

That doesn't even make sense.

Of course it does, when a shit team can just turn around and win the biggest trophy then it means nothing.

In football it's special if a team overcomes the odds

I think he means because of how American sports are set up with salary caps and player drafts and being rewarded for having a poor season etc, it's ultimately not that impressive for a team to win the NFL for example, it's only a matter of time before you get your shot at the Superbowl.

>it's ultimately not that impressive for a team to win the NFL for example, it's only a matter of time before you get your shot at the Superbowl.
10 teams have never won the Super Bowl despite trying for around 50 years.

But there are only 4 teams that have never been to a Superbowl which goes to show unless your franchise is ran by absolute retards you will eventually get your Superbowl opportunity.

I'm not saying it's bad, I would personally welcome more parity to the premier league and football/soccer in general, but in the end it means muh fairy tale underdog champions becomes nothing more than a marketing facade

>but in the end it means muh fairy tale underdog champions becomes nothing more than a marketing facade

It's still preferable to the situation in the PL. When was the last time the English champion wasn't one of the richest teams in the league? Nottingham Forest in the 70s? And there have been just 5 different champions in the last 20 years. The whole thing seems kind of boring.

>When was the last time the English champion wasn't one of the richest teams in the league? Nottingham Forest in the 70s?

Not including Leicester, of course, since they're the current champions.

Ligue 1 is shit

I think that is certainly a good thing

Inb4 some uneducated yurotard calls our system not socialized because he is too dumb to look even slightly larger.

Blackburn Rovers in the 90's. Of course the league is dominated by the richest teams but there's also other opportunities to win trophies like Birmingham City upsetting Arsenal in the 2011 League Cup final or Wigan upsetting Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final.

Why are Mexican immigrants allowed to post on the internet without fully mastering English first?

not if we gas all the niggers

>Blackburn Rovers in the 90's.

Blackburn were loaded, that's why they won and it's also why they crashed so quickly. They didn't spend quite as much as United, but nobody really did in those days.