Lets say you had £100k/115k Euro to spend on a house in Europe, where would you go...

Lets say you had £100k/115k Euro to spend on a house in Europe, where would you go? Obviously its not going to be a mansion, and probably going to be rural, but there are still options.

Where would you decide to go?

Other urls found in this thread:

objekt.fastighetsbyran.se/Objekt/?source=Hemnet&ObjektId=1692050&images=1
desuarchive.org/int/thread/61519569/#q61527690
sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/61696?orderBy=3
beskrivningar.capitex.se/allimagelist.aspx?GUID=4IJ2NA2FR2T62R19&TYP=CMLantbruk&Skin=Storsjomaklarna
homepath.com/listing/1618-w-15th-st-port-angeles-wa-98363-46306532
loopnet.com/Listing/20063027/275-N-Broadway-Coos-Bay-OR/
ablena.bg/offer.php?id=603
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

either Poland or Croatia

Or buy a shitty flat in your area and let it out for income while you rent before settling.. Spane is the one I think, for me.

never been there but I love Greek food, is it more expensive?

Slovenia. Beautiful country that no one gives a shit about.

I can have a good house with that much money.
I guess i'd chose to build it on some provençal hill.

Whcih one is located in Alps?
Slovenia or Slovakia? Probably there. Or maybe will get some house in Sweden

Another thought: If you have proof of income then borrowing money is cheap rn. Take the money that you would have tied up in the property (borrowed at 3% lets say) and put it in some index funds/p2p lending or something (that yield more than that obviously)

Poland, Bieszczady mountains

greece is beautiful, and cheap in the slums.
It has lots of rural islands, so the property will probably be cheap, but expensive and very inconveient for groceries/dental and other stuff.
Just a guess, only went to greece once.

Best place in europe, except the food is boring (good lamb).

where is the best place to go fishing in Poland?

but with only 100k I think eastern Europe would be best, especially if you want some land to go with your house
I didn't think Greek food was boring, ate at their places all the time in Germany

I'd buy this ugly little house rather near one of Sweden's largest ski resorts. It's actually a steal.

objekt.fastighetsbyran.se/Objekt/?source=Hemnet&ObjektId=1692050&images=1

I wouldn't.

In usa we have these factories that make prefab homes.
Basically you get a nice home for about 100,000 that they can build anywhere.

Why are homes so outrageous in Europe?
I looked at Finland and people were asking like 1,100,000 Euros for a 300 sq meter home.

It was in espoo, but it didn't have anything special like water front a view, or even acreage.

Why are buildings so overpriced in Europe (hint: it has nothing to do with cost of labor, because factory homes you need expensive machines not labor).

>Ireland
>Croatia
>Cornwall
>Portugal
If morocco was an option, I would pick it

Athens, any major city.
I was looking at the cheapest single family homes (detached homes) in cities, there are a lot of what I would call slums.

I worked for a schreinerei in Germany for a few months, labor was close to same from what I saw, but materials and were a little more, land was a lot more. When they told me the prices of the land I thought they were fucking with me.

You don't think we have prefab? They're cheap as hell, and of much higher quality than yours.

It's location that dictates what you pay.

Plymouth UK

>summer
isn't that 3 weeks in sweden?

Taxes and bubbles that never popped.

I forgot that I was writing with an american.

I wouldn't think so.

You are Turk

He's a Turk who pretends to be Greek because he was rejected by his kin on Sup Forums. He's sad, ugly and inbred and derails threads with his bullshit spamming

Here is his story

desuarchive.org/int/thread/61519569/#q61527690

Mother and father are village people.
Mother was never allowed schooling or any kind of education, was later sold as a nanny under the guise of marriage and suffered my grandmother from my father's side.
It is really a cliche, I shit you not.
She became pregnant with me and I learned later she tried to kill herself with me.
Never wanted me, used me to vent her frustration at how unfair life is.
Threatened and punished me for no reason and made me feel worthless.
Nowadays she is like "I didn't do anything like that :^) it was your own fault for being like that:^)
Why can't you be like these healthily raised children :^) why you got no gf :^) you see me so much in other women that you gave up at any normal relationship :^) Something happened by our own fault?
Your fault, should have told us what we did wrong while you were not there to warn us :^)
Like we would ever listen to a child, kek!"

That said, I left and now she harps on my younger brother's.
That's life

>23
>laz
>short
>fat
>ugly
>dumb
>unemployed

>clean your room they said
I never did
>go get some bread they said
I said I don't want to
>get off the pc they said
I got off 15 hours later
>get a new haircut they said
I cut it myself
>go out and hang out with girls they said
I fuck my hand
>you're worthless
I cry
>shave your face
I shave my ass
>leave the house, go out
I go to toilet
>even kids speak better turkish than you do
>I'm gonna get rid of you soon
>you ate everything in the refrigerator again?
>I was working at your age
>He's your son, you tell him
>What should I say? He doesn't listen
>I don't want to see you like this
>your manboobs are bigger than mine

If allah exists, why hasn't he taken my life yet?

Whats the average temperature in summer there?

>>Ireland

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry m8, you couldn't buy a fucking shed in Ireland for £115k

why greeks hate usa?

If you're white, move to an Eastern European country like Hungary or Ukraine.

lands the killer yeah.

>schreinerei
how much would that property go for?

Only in a city. Pic related is probably the kind of house Canadabro is imagining. It's €100,000.

sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/61696?orderBy=3

Below 20°C.

>schreinerei

What?

>how much would that property go for?

Depends on its location.

Somewhere in a cheaper but comfy area like Estonia or the Czech Republic

That's not a lot of money. I would try to find a home in rural Scandanvia if possible

>how much would that property go for?
how ever much the land costs + material + labour + markup

protip: an acre of land is worth £1mm give-or-take in my area

>an acre of land is worth £1mm
Holy fuckaroo, so that's about 1.5 million dollars?

Rural Ireland, Wales, or France

Why doesn't the UK have lebensraum?

>£1mm

it's $1.25 million, pleb.

Buy 1ha and build your home using your hands. Here in South Brazil, is a practical transition from boyhood and manhood.

bulgarianproperties.com find it for half the price

it does but not round here. i live in the most expensive part of the uk that's not london ;_;

delet

danke
middle of nowhere land in the midwest by me can be had for around $500 per acre

>here in south brazil
It's in the entire Brazil, dumb fucker

Are any European countries half decent for shooting?

Are places like Finland even fucked?

I don't live in the entire Brazil. I don't know the traditions of any place above Paraná...

Switzerland and Hungary

This house seems alright.

beskrivningar.capitex.se/allimagelist.aspx?GUID=4IJ2NA2FR2T62R19&TYP=CMLantbruk&Skin=Storsjomaklarna

England is fine for shooting as long as your not a criminal or depressed.

Sweden is probably the best place in the EU, I'd say.

If you don't know that this is part of your culture for fuck sake you live in a bobble

Germany of course

France, mediterranean.

I have a UK passport, but I can EZ get an Irish one through my mum, is moving to another EU country really easy then? Almost like you are just moving to another part of the country you normally reside in?

>build with your own hands

your houses must be absolutely shit tier in quality unless you contract out some parts/roles.

suspect the former

They are shit tier, we use brick what make it easier, but they are absoletly shitty houses

school shootings?

looking at EU property makes me think aamerican property is very underpriced.

>£100k/115k Euro
My flat in a commieblock costs more lul.

lul wat?

100k euro buys a nice(100sq meter) house in the countryside basically anywhere in france, I'd stay home because I like the weather

Wow, Russia rich!

No, it's probably overvalued again. You're in for another correction soon.

homepath.com/listing/1618-w-15th-st-port-angeles-wa-98363-46306532

I can rent this to a single 50 year old white lady with decent credit for 1200 a month

Dude, Brazil has 200M habs. Do you really expect me to understand the traditions of a country that is bigger than a few continents?

Hey OP. What do you think about Brazil? I got some land here to sell for cheap.
6ha of good and fertile land (had not being cultivated for the last 5 years, so soon i finish clean this, will look like virgin land). Few km from a small town here in "muhh german heritage" south Brazil.
I would not lie to you, there are a few niggers living near by, but they don't do shit (because if they do, you can shoot them and police would not give 2 fucks about dead niggers in your property).
Soil is good, some places it has a massive bedrock of basalt exposed, but we had used this places for growing live stock anyways...
It's kind of easy to dig a shallow well, and get you free pure water (i testes it few years back. No arsenic or any heavy metal).
It also have 2 houses (they are ugly as fuck, but my parents never care to much about aesthetics, and a place to dry tobacco.
My grandfather rise 3 children here planting only 4ha...

>Latvia
>Czechia
>Iceland
>Norway
don't think you'd be able to buy much in the last two though

Not gonna lie I would love to live there.

residential yields 5% average here but can go up to 10% if you're thrifty (which that's just shy of)

not bad though

What are you trying to illustrate?

I'd probably stay here or maybe sweden and that's only cause it's so similar and house myself in some nice summergottage by the lake or sea.

>I looked at Finland and people were asking like 1,100,000 Euros for a 300 sq meter home.

Location location location. You have to pay insane amounts of money even for flat in downtown helsinki.

Not yurope

fuck no

as far away from this evil continent as possible

I can get UK citizenship very easily due to family

It looks like a nicer country due to being able to walk places (I hate cars/driving), where could I get a 10% cap rate property other than Bradford, Blackpool, or Hull (the nasty north cities)?

Our loans are much better than yours, 30 years fixed, with 25% downpayment if your renting it out from the get go (20% to live in it) at 4.5%.

What are your loan terms like?

I would rather live in UK, but american real estate landlording seems much better than doing the same business in UK.

sacred lenin I never knew nigger project blocks were so over priced in russia

even niggers in USA have it far more easy there

I want to become a professional landlord 20+ units.

America seems better in terms of capitalization rate (income/sales price), 30 year fixed long term loans, and smaller investment to get into the business.

How can europe compete?
(I admit I would rather live in Europe, due to better walkable cities and closer vacation spots).

loopnet.com/Listing/20063027/275-N-Broadway-Coos-Bay-OR/

Stagnant town, but cool building (you can buy it for less than $800,000 down payment)

30 points down usually. slightly cheaper to borrow (but more difficult.)

you have to think of property not only in rental yields but capital gains. you seem to get it though, in the sense that rental yields are squeezed where capital gains are highest.. (london/se vs up north)

american real estate is definetely a better business, but can go horribly wrong in a way it can't really here, being that this is a small island and everyone needs somewhere to live..

stamp duty is the biggest killer rn: they levy an extra 3% on 2nd homes, and you can't hide from it with a corporate structure.

>I want to become a professional landlord 20+ units.

Brotip, never rent to blacks.
Most of them will not trash it, but the one who do it...
My uncle had a house rented for a family of niggers, the only way to remove them was to collect a lot of graveyard flowers and crows, and hang around their fence. The next day they had moved. But not without rip the coper wire from the walls and even stole a fucking door.

>America seems better in terms of capitalization rate (income/sales price), 30 year fixed long term loans, and smaller investment to get into the business.
>30 years fixed, with 25% downpayment if your renting it out from the get go (20% to live in it) at 4.5%.

The terms here are usually something like 30 years (or more), 2.5% fixed interest, %15 down flat. Sounds like better terms desu senpai.

I'd take out another 15k Euro and buy something like this on our seaside. I seriously doubt I'd get something better in a more expensive country with 115k E.

ablena.bg/offer.php?id=603

yeah here where I live in bay area, cap rates are 2.5%, but everyone negative gears (asians), and it is the richest/best job market in USA by 2-3 anywhere else, so people are willing to lose money every year to own real estate. They expect rents + appreciation to rise, faster than their loan interest + holding cost.

are you sure, that the loans are 100% fixed, and not variable, or adjusted for CPI, or swedish bank?

I would buy some cheap as fuck old beautiful house in east germany for 2-5k (yes some are that cheap+land) remove the core and try to build some mostly self sufficent ecohome in it, maybe I can even get into hydroponic farming with the rest of the money and live the comfy live.

Probably something like 10 years actually.

fixed rate here (10 years) would be around that much at the moment. fuck vr when the br is so low.

>2,5 fixed
Bretty damn good. The best fixed I can get here is 4%.

Granted that looks fucking cool, but is that area not basically the Detroit of the states, also is the building safe, shit like mold and structural integrity end up.

I like the hundgård

slovenia

There are many old houses there that are less fucked, you can buy up whole trainstations in the middle of nothing. As I said, id use the money to remove the core and only let the shell of the building standing to carry the new inside.
>Detroit
No jobs if you are lowly qualified but safe and without foreigners. This is why id seek self sufficent living so I dont need much income but still enjoy a high quality of live. Would be a plan when id have a family and that great amount of money. Making cash by an internet job should still be possible or if I get into engineering dunnoh. Its just fantasy.

The tabloid news here report on some mold house story at least every month. Some celebrity bought a mold house. Or some nobody is fighting over a 500k mold house in court.

Mold mold mold. One of the most important things to consider when building long-term here, because the other most important thing is heat retention. Increasing heat retention increases mold retention.

>100k Euro

I'd come to the US and buy a house anywhere I fuckin want and still be able to pocket the extra 30k

they force people to do this in some "hip" cities here.
"remove the core and only let the shell of the building standing to carry the new inside"

It's super expensive, and no one voluntary does it. It is bullshit rules, to make hosuing more expensive, and employ more construction workers. Ideally you would bull doze, and pop-up a 4 plex, or 8-16 unit building; if you were in a working class area of a growing city.

For £100k you could buy a cardboard box in cornwall.

Sardinia, Corsica or Greece. I want to save enough money to retire early and be a rural farmer that reads books all day

you must be from east coast, texas or the midwest

farmer reading books all day?
How the hell do you plan to run your farm, hire/fire illegal african laborers, sell your produce/livestock, buy your feed, move your feed, and make a profit if your reading books all day?

Brandenburg.

>cheap, empty and ethnically homogenous
>buy a weekend bungalow and live full time
This one's around 45sqm/500sqft on a 740sqm/8500sqft property and costs 42k€/£36k/$46k. Wholly enough for a single person.

Why is this so cheap?

It's basically beyond saving and will swallow thousands upon thousands just to tear down to end up with an empty lot, and then you'd have to build something new for a quarter million.

There are also countless historical rural estates of nobility for sale for pennies in eastern Germany, but they'd swallow a minor fortune to renovate. Hell, if towns are the owners they'll hand them to you for free under the obligation of renovating them.