ITT: Share your favorite album you heard for the first time over the last 7 days

Smog: The Doctor Came at Dawn

>inb4 newfag
yep

cool dudes

It'd be nice if people posted a summary/genres after the albums so we can decide if we want to listen to them ourselves.
>70s prog, instrumental, psychedelic

good thread

I didnt know anyone actually listened to these guys.
they seem so obsessed with their concepts that their music is really mediocre
at least to me, everyones taste to their own

does anyone else here find it really hard to find new artist they actually like you continue to listen to the same shit you have been listening to for like the past three months

don't worry about it, I've been here for almost four years and I avoided dadrock/70s prog like the plague until 6 months ago
it is now literally I listen to

why does all Prog past 2000 have extremely effeminate vocalists

Oh shit I keep forgetting to listen to Grouper. Been meaning to for the last two weeks or so. How much did you like that one?

It's amazing, go for it

I've got to go with pic related which I loved like crazy. Also we should be doing one of these threads every week.

I like this idea too, hopefully someone remembers next week.

been catching up on 2017 stuff mostly

I was studying to this.

OP here, I'll do another one Sunday and if enough people enjoy it maybe I'll start doing one each Sunday after that.

After listening to this and Bella Donna I have to concede that she was the most talented member of Fleetwood Mac. What the fuck.

no I'm not a a pleb

good shit

don't know enough about genres to describe this one.
folk country?

bump

its like boards of canada except cheery and child-like

enjoyed it quite a bit

John Wiese - Soft Punk
This was a BLAST, had no idea this interesting of a noise album existed. Anybody got dense, or genre packed albums where the over arching genre is noise?

Get spotify. Shop for used cds. Dig into people's lists on rym. There are plenty of ways to find new music, you just have to have a genuine interest.

dont know why i didnt listen to it earlier to be honest. It's great

I thought it was going to be boring indie rock but they have a fine affinity for melodies.

Technically it's an EP but it's the only new thing i've heard in the past week. Really good for something with anime cover art.

Also good with anime cover art ;)
Bardo Pond Self Titled

Thanks for the user that recommended to some one else exotica albums, lovely music

Saturday is one of my favorite tracks of the year.

When I found this I kept it on repeat.

name?