Would this album have sucked less if it had half the songs? Felt like too much filler

Would this album have sucked less if it had half the songs? Felt like too much filler

I think if you delete Carnival, Let Me Out, Sex Murder Party, and Ticker Tape--you get an 8/10 album instead of a 7/10. Some of the songs mash together in similar sound like Momentz & Strobelite, but aren't trash. I like the high club energy going for it, even though 2D should've been had more of a presence.

I'm excited to see what the Super Deluxe edition has to offer for Humanz.

Not really no. I think the throwing shit against the wall approach helped a lot honestly

It just needed its best moments to be a lot better than they are, so getting rid of anything wouldn't have helped.

1. Ascension (ft. Vince Staples)
2. Strobelight (f. Peven Everett)
3. Saturnz Barz (ft. Popcaan)
4. Submission (ft. Danny Brown & Kelela)
5. Andromeda (ft. D.R.A.M.)
6. Busted and Blue
7. Let Me Out (ft. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
8. She's My Collar (ft. Kali Uchis)
9. Hallelujah Money (ft. Benjamin Clementine)

/album

If you remove the interludes, it's still a 14 song album for the standard edition. That's not too long compared to their other works, or in general either. It's an okay album with some highlights, depending on your tastes.

Honestly seemed like a compilation album. None of the features brought anything notable or cohesive to the table. Heavier presence of Damon would have been nice. Maybe even re-use some of the features on a couple tracks. D.R.A.M needed so much more on this album, he was criminally underutilized.

Grace Jones was underutilized too imho.

I hope that he scales back the features a lot on his next album. He struck just the right balance on PB but wen wayyyy too far on Humanz.

PB is a compilation album too.

>you can make it in the US unless you look like me
we literally just had 8 years of a black president, are they really allowed to say that anymore?

the de la soul song and saturnz barz were cool

Blacks will continue to act like victims as long as it is beneficial to them. They thrive on white peoples' sympathy.

>one song without a featured artist on the entire album

Sympathetically suck some cock

So just like the actual full length album then

no saving this album

Ascension: Really mediocre rapping and gorillaz/damon dont bring anything to the track, plus "muh trayvon" whining

Saturn Barz: Should've been instrumental, pop can sounds like shit

Ascension: Nice song, but not a banger, can't save the album, forgettable etc

Busted and Blue: same

Hallelujah Money: lmao this shit is awful, gorillaz doesnt have a style but they dont need this out-of-nowhere random shit

You're right. It's sad.

Not even that, but the fucker is a rich famous(?) rapper featured on one of the most anticipated albums of the decade, and he still bitches about not being able to "live [his] dreams"

It would be better if it followed the normal Gorillaz style which was not having one definitive style but instead carrying a theme through multiple styles (much like Ween has done in the past)

Its simply too bland to have 21 full tracks, and it has me worried that Damon won't be able to top Demon Dayz or Plastic Beach in the future.

>plus "muh trayvon" whining

Are you manchildren really that sensitive that the mere hint of a suggestion that black people get unfairly targeted by cops triggers you that much

Because if so, Jesus Christ lmao

yup, it's all trumps fault, why did obama run away

Not that user, but I just hate any music that feels the need to preach politics at me. Even if I agree with the message of the song, it's just obnoxious and uninteresting.

would it be weird of me to say submission is my favorite track? the interlude into it is probably the best out of all of them as well.

No I agree with that

Submission + Charger was probably my favorite part of the album

I honestly couldn't find myself getting into changer. 2D says its one of his favorite tracks on the album though, so maybe you see something I don't? What's so good about it? Maybe my ears are broken?

I like the droning guitar and electronic groove mixed in with Damon's more nuanced vocals in it. I also really enjoy the transition from Submission into it. It isn't my favorite track, but I think the two songs are definitely a big highlight.

Busted and blue was the only good thing about the album.

thatd be a pretty decent album

This wwould be much better as an EP:

1. Ascension
2. Sterobelite
3. Saturn Barz
4. Busted and Blue
5. Andromida
6. Halleluah Money

Just gave it a listen like that. It is.

i really really like damons chorus on let me out, the rapping is so-so but desnt kill it for me

Wow those are unironically all of the worst songs of the album

no they aren't

I unironically think Hallelujah Money is a great track

You unironically have shit taste

Thanks for the productive comment

not bad

PLASTIC ON THE CEILING!

It would've sucked less if it has any good songs.

Not even gonna bring up politics because this arguement could go on hours but I think it can be universally agreed that we don't like political opinions being injected into our media for no reason. Sure I get some people got uoset but this is beating the dead horse already. I don't need to be reminded every single day about every teen who got shot by a cop.

I liked the album but I agree with the other anons, the album has way too many interludes. I just wish there was more solo songs with just 2D in it.

I still don't understand why it bothers so much though. And it's not even a blatant reference. Nor is in there for "no reason", if an artist decides they want to make a political statement, that alone is reason enough to justify its existence.

If you like the song it's innocuous enough to otherwise be completely ignored. If you don't like it, why does it even matter in the first place?

Why listen to gorillaz in the first place

Did Damon just sit back and tell them to do what the guests want, because that's sure as hell what it feels like.
The cohesion is absolute shit.

it would have been better if it was demon days.