Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, how responsible is your country for the inevitable anthropogenic ecocide which will result when industrial greenhouse effects begin to release millions of tons of methane trapped in permafrost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-AXBbuDxRY
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1871174X16300488
robertscribbler.com/2016/07/18/scores-of-city-sized-siberian-wildfires-spew-2500-mile-long-plume-of-smoke-over-northern-hemisphere/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that even enough methane to effect the planet tho? Because wouldn't the air consists of billions, if not, trillions of tons of gasses?

>China
>Polluting less than the US

Per capita means per person, which is saying that the average Chinese emits less CO2 than the average American. But they also have around 4x the amount of people that America does.

Silly american

To some extend but were trying hard to steer against it. My conscience is clear as we have enough other shit to cuck ourselves over already.

Ecocide would make for a good challenge to the west to start expanding on tech and stop spending gargantuan amounts on beauty products and social gibs. I am confident in our abilities and the wonders we'll produce when kicked into survival mode.

canada superpower by 2050

>people only post about methane now that it's about to go off and major news sites suddenly care

We've known about climate change for years and even now that we're absolutely certain about it no one wants to do anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=m-AXBbuDxRY

Africa is so far ahead, they reduce greatly their co2 emissions
true first world

I don't think geoengineering and carbon sequestration will be implemented in time to save us from extinction desu. The positive feedback loop is already in motion.

"Based on measurements of gases trapped in biogenic and abiogenic calcite, the release of methane (of ∼3–14% of total C stored) from permafrost and shelf sediment methane hydrate is deemed the ultimate source and cause for the dramatic life-changing global warming (GMAT > 34 °C) and oceanic negative-carbon isotope excursion observed at the end Permian. Global warming triggered by the massive release of carbon dioxide may be catastrophic, but the release of methane from hydrate may be apocalyptic. The end Permian holds an important lesson for humanity regarding the issue it faces today with greenhouse gas emissions, global warming, and climate change." sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1871174X16300488

we dindu nuffin we wuz good boys.

we're also pumping oil by turning an area the size of greece in northern alberta into the next mordor. oil sands is pumped by removing it from underground and covering the entire surface with oil. northern alberta is fucked imo.
there are vast amounts trapped under siberia, pretty much the entirety of eastern russia/parts of canada.

Are you familiar with Guy McPherson? I've seen one video of him that showed in my Jewtube recommendations where he talked about this, he thinks it will happen in the next ten years. I don't know enough to comment about it though.

Related:

robertscribbler.com/2016/07/18/scores-of-city-sized-siberian-wildfires-spew-2500-mile-long-plume-of-smoke-over-northern-hemisphere/

IMO the only plausible way to prevent a methane greenhouse at this point is to crash the global economy via either a limited nuclear exchange between major industrialized powers, or the release of potent bioweapons

It is worth noting that a small scale nuclear exchange could have cooling effects of a character similar to atmospheric sulfate aerosol injection

>geoengineering and carbon sequestration
Not needed.
Hydroponic farms, soylent green, genetic engineering, radical changes in food (china already wants to switch from rice to potatos.) bunkercities all of that is possible.
Life survived the Permian, we should be hardy enough to survive it too. If you throw some ethics overboard the outlook becomes less pessimistic.

but the internet told me global warming isn't real and is just propaganda by the powerful eco fuel lobby

correct. Keep calm friend it will all be over soon

Well, some days ago it was snowing. I trust Tump, global warming is chinese propaganda.

Didnuffin

>can't read
>American

is that even true?

first time i hear of something like that.

so if i got it right, by melting the ice in the earth poles, we're gonna liberate some boatload of toxic gasses that have been trapped there all along, right?

jesus. fucking trump and fucking chinese man