Oh shit, our boy Max Landis bringing the heat to reviewers

oh shit, our boy Max Landis bringing the heat to reviewers.

do you agree with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

explore.bfi.org.uk/sightandsoundpolls/2012/film/4f4b8bf00dfa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I've never whined about reviews

He's a liar.

no clue what he's trying to fucking say

what is he exactly saying?

kek
also this what's his fucking point?

Name 8 classic films that got unanimously poor reviews similar to what any of these shitty ass comic book trash flicks got upon their release.

Yes

Just fucking spit it out faggot, the normie moviegoing audience is fucking retarded and believes Rotten Tomatoes to be gospel. This is centralized to just film, it's everything. Everybody wants to be on the right team, nobody thinks for themselves. Fuck it.

Try to sound less like a whiny 6 year old first

>writes for DC
>totally unbiased observation

Fuck him

What are you top 10 films of all time?

Is he a redpilled jew?

This isn't*** centralized to just film.

>Contrary to the myths about me, I have never...

Has that sentence ever ended with something that they don't do literally all of the time?

Something strange is going on.
Something is wrong.

Not him but you're a fucking retard

There could be a vast conspiracy, intentional or not, to give DC's vision bad reviews. Critics unfairly measure two movies about guys in costumes fighting aliens, based on what publishing company the source material is from.

Total bullshit of course because Marvel movies aren't getting unanimously 5/5 stars. People see "fresh" on rottentomatoes and assume it's a 100% movie. It's not. Scores as low as 60% get a whole tomato.

He's trying to be vague and say reviews are being paid

Taxi Driver
Halloween
The Man Who Sleeps
Primer
F For Fake
Clerks
All The President's Men
Eyes Wide Shut
Tetsuo The Iron Man
Jackie Brown

The only I can think is 2001: A Space Odyssey but that mostly got mixed reviews

>2 minutes
>still no list
>no list ready to go

Quite interesting for someone that says shit like "the normie moviegoing audience is fucking retarded", but its not really a surprise from 2016 Sup Forums poster that doesn't know a thing about film.

I disagree. I watched Suicide Squad and I honestly think it might be the absolute worst movie I have ever seen; easily the worst from a major motion picture. Half of the cast could've been taken out and it would have been fine, the pacing was absolute trash, none of the jokes landed besides I think two one liners by Will Smith, the constant licensed music made me audibly groan (fucking Black Skinhead, Spirit in the Sky, Fortunate Son? Fucking really?), half of the squad did almost nothing and could have been removed from the movie, and Jared Leto's Joker was fucking TERRIBLE.

The only alright parts were that one moment with Will Smith shooting all the eyeball monster retards, and his character's relationship with Harley Quinn, who was annoying 99 percent of the time.

I've been hearing things, lots of things. People have been telling me... and these are tremendous people, the very best people... they've been telling me something is wrong with the reviews. I'm not saying it's true, but this is what I hear. There's something here, and people want to know the truth. They want to know the truth. Are reviewers being paid off? I don't know. But we need to investigate.

I agree

>He's trying to be vague and say reviews are being paid

No he doesn't say that they are paid

>muh risks
he still mad

if you stop listening to critics critics stop having power dont listen to critics and decide what you like and hate for yourself

good luck trying to snap anybody out of the groupthink

Try to refine your tastes past a sixth grade level before you try and chastise an entire species of humans (of which undoubtedly have more interesting taste than you).

Too bad normies won't ever do that. They see the score as an objective rating.

>Marvel
>risk

Maybe in 2008, not today.

>the marvel movies do seem to uniformly get good reviews, and even the DC movies by and large have been spared true eviscerations

what a terrible writer. what kind of bullshit sentence is that? Can he just make a point instead of tiptoing around it in ten different tweets? also "True Eviscerations" sounds like something Pizzolatto would write when deep in a six-day bender

Didn't he threw a hissyfit when American Ultra bombed, claiming that critics missed the point of the movie
Predator got pretty poor reviews when it came out too. It has a pretty low metacritic.

Remember back when normies didn't rely on a number to determine if a movie was good or not

I'm going to hotglue that image

Well, Max is making a movie with Will Smiff and Ayer. It's a Netflix movie called Bright (I think) and he sold the script to them for a few million. He has to make Ayer look good so the upcoming movie wouldn't potentially suffer due to these two, who just made an awful film, being attached to it.

Bright is about orc police officers btw, another one of those ''think X meets Y'' ideas, so we'll see how well it goes.

What i got from it is "The reviewers are not bought , they are being biased"

>List of all the acclaimed critics, directors, and artists who agree TOL is a 10/10 masterpiece:
explore.bfi.org.uk/sightandsoundpolls/2012/film/4f4b8bf00dfa0

(It ended up #107 on the agreed Best of films of all time list FYI)

>List of 16 year old plebeian mongoloids who love pleb shit like Snyder and Tarantino:
You

John Carpenter's The Thing

I guess that would also mean to stop coming to internet discussion forums.
I mean what is the point of Sup Forums if you want to decide for yourself. You don't need other people.

>Spirit in the Sky

Not that Guardians of the Galaxy began the slightly ill-fitting music gimmick, but come the fuck on. How much more obvious can you be?

The music choices just reek of desperation.

No one can just write a movie review anymore that is purely just about a movie.
People always have to inject current events or have something to say politically about a movie now which is completely fucking retarded given that big budget blockbusters are in production for 2 years.
People who don't understand that you can portray something in a movie which doesn't necessarily reflect the views of the filmmakers involved should absolutely not be reviewing them.

Max Landis once more proves he's a confused, one-note retard grasping for something that isn't there. "Subconsciously philosophical," are you serious fuckhead?

I don't know how many people on Sup Forums genuinely believe DC movies are hidden kino, but I'm assuming it's largely trolling. There are diehard DC fans who are salty their movies are getting consistently downrated. But you have to lack for maturity to really think there's a conspiracy out there against DC. What would even be the point? It's not like Marvel and DC have fundamentally different messages in their movies. It's the same shit, 'cept one company does it exceedingly poorly.

did max landis just claim that marvel is trying to further cinema

Guardians had a decent explanation and it literally brought humanity into this movie about weird space aliens.
Not saying it was great or anything but at least there was a point to it. It wasn't just style over substance.

>I honestly think it might be the absolute worst movie I have ever seen

Sure thing mouseboi

Cant meet my challenge? Then don't bitch about it. We have two so far ITT

Liar liar pants up higher indeed!
Ehhh not really Max. I mean there is a formula to most Marvel movies. 1) Coming of age/new character 2) Team learns friendship is magic and thing comes from sky 3) End of the world/Big bad and lasers fire. Nobody really gets hurt/dies horribly. Gotta keep it Politically correct!

Max is an odd bird. He's kinda like Chris Chan in the sense that at first I hated him. Then I felt pity. Now I have contempt for them. Yet I get joy out of watching their misadventures.

Disney are paying off critics. We all know their films are shit and are completely forgotten about after leaving the theatre. They know this so they're paying off critics for that certified fresh rating
Were through the looking glass here people

At the very least in GotG there's an in-universe reason for those songs to be in the movie. Chris Pratt's character has a mixtape created by his mother that contains many top hits from around the time his character was growing up, and we can assume that he's been listening to this tape for his entire life. Also, the songs that were there fit the upbeat tone that the movie was going for. You can't be an "edgy" action movie and have a fucking Eminem song from 2001 playing.

Is he "our guy"?

He's being a bit overly obtuse about it but for the most part I agree
Movies get judged by critics on the general buzz around them, and movies that fail while trying something interesting get treated worse than movies that 'succeed' while following some kind of established plan or formula. All the Marvel shit's basically the same but it's well put together so it gets praised to high heaven, while something like Suicide Squad, which is a fun if heavily flawed movie, gets lambasted because it doesn't hit the same marks the Marvel stuff does, and because there's this perception that the audience is predisposed to not liking it, and they want to get in on the ground floor and give people what they think they want

>buying into the obscure world cinema makes you a patrician meme
back to /lbg/ friendo, make sure to log your next watch

Well when every positive review of the new Ghostbusters all diss men or ''haters'' in some way, then you know something IS going on, so he's not wrong. Hell even most of the negative reviews even at least had to mention how perfect the cast was just to avoid heat.

>list of people making baseless assumptions of a persons likes and dislikes

you

What he's basically saying is that rottenshills are shit

>ghostbusters 2016 sitting at 73% certified fresh

>absolute worst movie I have ever seen
Its one of the worst of the year for sure

in no order of the worst flicks i've seen this year:
the fifth wave
warcraft
cell (the one based on kings book)
urge
zoolander 2
blue mountain state the rise of thadland
the brothers grimsby
captain 3
batman v superman dawn of justice
pride prejudice and zombies
x men apocalypse
suicide squad
midnight special. this ones more being disappointed as fuck though

I think this is shitposting at this point. After Ghostbusters no one is dumb enough to trust internet critics. This movie also wasn't 26% rotten bad

A third of BvS is shit
Suicide squad is full shit

There is no need for conspiracy.

>his character's relationship with Harley Quinn
jesus even the joker gets cucked nowadays? fucking kek

is there a point normies notice? Like the Ted2 joke about how google giving people big black cocks

Totally agree. GOTG's music choices definitely make sense.

Hell, GOTG made me care about a sentient tree and a talking raccoon. DC shit can't even make me care about humans.

Yes but it was definitely it's average rating, something which nobody seems to pay attention to.

>ill-fitting
My dick on your mothers loose snatch

Was there this much backlash against critics before superhero movies? I know people always disagreed but I can't recall the tinfoil conspiracies and vitriol towards them that superheroe films bring.

>this is what an actual privileged kid looks like
>he's still the kind of person who would whine about them though.

Jesus Christ.

Not really

Max Landis is quite literally our boy

Never as far as I know. People didn't wrap their identities around the movies they wanted to like then and take criticism as a personal insult

people want good reviews so more people watch so more of their favorite heroes are made

so they go after every inconsistency and bullshit the critics and culture class does (and yeah, you can see that shit in ghostbusters reviews and weirdos complaining about shitty films like BvS being "too testosterone-y" or whatever)

but it's just nerds whining critics aren't helping their favorite product

How can he be our boy if you're not even Sup Forums?

Citizen Kane

Thought as much.

I've not seen Suicide Squad, but I do kind of agree it kinda feels like, after the critical failures of MoS and BvS, critics are kinda revelling over how SS also isn't very good, and are therefore being harsher on it. Like it's just easier to buy into the narrative of "Marvel are doing good, DC can't figure out what they're doing" and so they're just actively reinforcing that way if thinking.

Max pls.

we still love you, you glorious faggot. even though YOUR DAD MURDERED PEOPLE

How can he be my boy if I never killed any Vietnamese children?

>not understanding how RT works
how is everyone retarded
if EVERYONE thinks a movie is 51%, it would get a 100% on RT

don't look at the tomatometer, look at the average score

He can't be, I've never killed three people then shilled the movie at their funeral.

>we'll see how well it goes
He never did anything right in his life, why would he start now?

>or maybe it's subconsciously philosophical

That literally doesn't mean anything

Why is it only when a subpar DC flick comes out that everyone throws a bitch fit about critics?

Why do DC fanboys have such a huge persecution complex?

No. If a movie gets anything over a 6/10, it is considered a positive review.

This feels like a pre-made message that was programmed to send regardless of what post was made or what movies he listed.

i think he's redpilled from growing up in hollywood, with his MURDERER OF A FATHER, and had one of those one bad day sort of days where shit crystallizes for you, and you understand there are curtains behind the curtains to hide all the bullshit.

Except the reviewers are nerds themselves and push different standards to their """"team"""" and the """"enemy"""" as everyone can see by the reviews actually posted

>contrary to myths about me, I've never whined about reviews.
>BUT WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS LIKE AMERICAN ULTRA??

>don't look at the tomatometer, look at the average score

People get how RT works it's just that the average scores for DC movies are also shit.

Who knows

>"While it surely wasn’t Warner Bros’ intention, Suicide Squad often feels like the film equivalent of a crumpled note passed to the anti-Ghostbusters trollsoutside detention. "See?" it seems to say. "At leastwehaven’t forgotten you. We’ve got tube tops and gussets and proud but tormented men, and a scene in which Will Smith (as Deadshot, the world’s greatest marksman) shoots a wide range of deafening projectile weapons to a rousing pop music soundtrack.""

You're not our boy, max.

If he had actual taste like picture related and not entry level hogwash like that it would have been fine

A true mistery indeed

>Can we please stop fetishizing Margot Robbie? Because this summer has been fucking excruciating. I had hoped that Suicide Squad would be a counter to that hideous, incoherent Vanity Fair profile of her. The piece reduced a crazy talented and by-all-accounts hardworking woman to a bizarre metaphor about Australia, but at least it looked like she was going to have her comeuppance when she appeared as Harley Quinn in the DC blockbuster. Alas, the movie can’t take its mind off her ass long enough for her performance to acquire any range.

>And that’s the Robbie conundrum. She’s constantly turning in exciting work, proving her abilities as an actress, and yet she is perpetually portrayed as an object to be obtained and/or leered at. Her sexiness is viewed as something she has to overcome, as indicated by a recent video essay by Kevin B. Lee on Fandor, which endeavors to “trac[e] one woman’s journey toward being seen as more than just another hottie.” It notes that nudity and sex are involved in eight of her first 10 film roles. Robbie’s never been able to quite escape the fact that after she enters her first major film, a man whips out his dick and starts masturbating. Now Harley, according to BuzzFeed’s Alison Willmore, is “damaged dolly jerk-off material.”

Citizen Kane
Blade Runner

Based Max Landis dropping the red pills

I completely agree with everything you said

oh absolutetly there's weird shit going on.

Antman is pretty mediocre, thor 2 was shit, ironman 2 was bad, ultron was terrible but has a ~7.5 etc. I think BvS is a bad movie but it offended critics on subjective sensibilities (christian and conservative themes, "testosterone" complaining etc)

just saying there wasn't this nerd backlash before because there wasn't these franchises and brands they wanted to support which makes them feel sabotaged

DCucks stay triggered lmao!!

>The film keeps slotting her back into blood-specked fetish-object mode, a reduction rather than a reclamation, merely one man's "fire in my loins, the itch in my crotch." (That's a line from the Joker, by the way, and not from a Vanity Fair profile.)

>Somewhere out in the world, there's a cut of Suicide Squad that has all of Robbie's takes playing off each other like funhouse mirror reflections, and would showcase what could very well be a definitive — or less demeaning — screen version of Harley. That movie is not what you'll get when you plunk down your cash to soak in the supervillain sound and fury this weekend. Instead, we have to live with a compelling, flawed Clown Princess of Crime and her wisecracks, and what could still be a star-making turn for Robbie if this beached whale of a blockbuster doesn't sink her career. She's still the most livewire thing about this endeavor. Give her a solo film and a girlfriend. Explore her contradictions. Pass her some gasoline, a match and let the lady watch the world burn her way.

I'd rather be decapitated by a helicopter's helix than sit through a Max Landis written flick.

That said, I agree critics should be fucking critics, and not retarded fanboys that bash capeshit for not being "quippy" enough, or "taking itself too seriously".

Capeshit is, literally, killing Cinema as an art form.

He wasn't whining about people not liking American Ultra. He was making a point about IPs vs. non-IPs and advertisement in the context of that Hitman film making more money than Ultra.