Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

>Harry Potter fans think they know all the various powers witches and wizards can have, but the upcoming spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them introduces a character with a different kind of ability than we’ve seen before.

>In the film, newcomer Alison Sudol plays the free-spirited Queenie Goldstein, who works a menial desk job at the Magical Congress of the United States of America, in the same department as her sister, Tina (Katherine Waterston). Like a some famous dark wizards such as Salazar Slytherin, she’s a Legilimens — a mind reader. But Queenie’s mind reading is rather different than the way we’ve seen the talent portrayed in the Harry Potter tales. When Severus Snape taught Occlumency to Harry, he used Legilimency like an attacking spell, attempting to breach a resisting mind. But Queenie is more like an antenna, always turned on, picking up the thoughts and feelings of everybody around her.

>“She’s basically a complete and utter magical empath,” Sudol tells EW. “She’s able to read people — so it’s not just reading somebody’s thoughts. She’s can read into someone’s story, she can see people’s goals.

Why is JK Rowling changing the rules of her own universe?

Is Fantastic Beasts going to flop?

ew.com/article/2016/08/05/fantastic-beasts-queenie

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Goldstein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why is JK Rowling changing the rules of her own universe?
No.
>Is Fantastic Beasts going to flop?
No.

Who cares about Harry Potter. This is a magical universe where 95% of spells just send you backwards a little bit, fuck off.

This movie will make money no matter how bad it is, the Harry Potter name is just too strong. That being said, if it's garbage then I think it could affect the later films.

For some reason, in my "head-canon" I always thought Newt Scamander was an Indiana Jones-type American explorer who spoke like an old movie star, trans-atlantic accent and all. I have no idea why, I can just imagine Bogart or Grant introducing themselves as "Scamander, Newt Scamander" chomping a cigar with some horrible creature in a headlock.

It's set in America but we get whimsical waif Oscar award-winning Redmayne who has the charisma of a fucking spoon. Movie looks boring as shit.

>Queenie Goldstein
>Goldstein
HMMMM
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK, OY VEY

I thought more "Ernest Hemingway" but I agree, I think that he was changed for the new film series to attract the teenage girls.

>Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

harlem

A Hemingway figure would be even better.

I guess it's kind of cool it's in New York, but then again you just KNOW the intolerance of wizards (see: minorities) will be played up for the profound political message.

Makes sense. Harlem was a thing in the 1920s.

DROPPED

>those spoilers

Because she's a hack fraud welfare queen that left her husband to begin writing children's literature that's been well marketed to the grown infants that now make up society.

harry potter is the absolute laziest popular fantasy series of all time. Nothing at all is well thought out, nothing is planned nothing about the society makes any sense. Seriously, fuck rowling, she's a lazy idiot that can't hold a candle to even the shittiest of fantasy writers.

The first couple books work as fodder for fat stupid children to get them to start reading books. Outside of that there are no redeeming qualities.

It will get shit reviews because it's related to DC (WB)

>(((Goldstein)))
>can see people's goals

Ohhhhh boy.

Potterverse is the most boring and lamest white bread shit ever.

Why are you brining race into it, bro?

I read that as "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them"

>Goldstein
>magic works like an antenna

(((fucking lol)))

>Goldstein
>She's basically a complete and utter money empath" Sudol tells EW. "She's able to read people's wallets-so it's not just reading somebody's thoughts. She can read into someone's chequing account, she can see people's financial goals".

It might be shit but it definitely won't flop.

Cursed Child killed all hype I had for this movie.

Is anybody excited for this film? It looks so boring. Also, do you think there is the possibility that the vast crowds of normies will fail to realise that this is a Harry Potter film?

>do you think there is the possibility that the vast crowds of normies will fail to realise that this is a Harry Potter film?

No. Normies aren't THAT stupid.

The state of warner brothers in the last 2-4 years should have killed your hype
I mean seriously the only thing they've put out "good" since 2012/2013 is inherent vice and mad max fury road and I didn't even like those films

>works a menial desk job at the Magical Congress of the United States of America

The charm of the films (and the books) is the olde worlde British-ness of them.

Just can't see an Americanized version being as popular for either Brits or Yanks.

Only going to watch it for based Colin.

((goldstein))

Is he gonna be the evil right wing white male baddie?

It's funny you say that since Rowling said practically every adaptation offer wanted to change the location of Hogwarts to America.

Because she is a two bit hack who made a successful book series and when she tried to go onto other things nobody wanted it and she realized she was a one trick pony.

Now she is pulling that old pony out of the shed for one last round before pushing it into a grinder at the glue factory.

>tfw thought the horse glue factory thing was just a meme
>tfw it ends up being real

I follow Rowling on twitter, most of her shit is limousine liberal lefty political preaching.

I'm afraid this movie is gonna have way too much of that,seeing that it's about politics, elections and not hunting magical creatures

>Is Fantastic Beasts going to flop?

The movie could be 120 minutes of Voldemort getting fucked by Dumbledore and it would still make a billion at the box-office, Harry Potter is too big to fail at this point

They're going for a fish out of water vibe with a British guy in Murca.

And that'll make him the best part of the movie.

>popular 2015 haircut
>in a movie released in 2016
>set in the 1920s

Someone goofed.

Sometimes they get eaten or ground up to make Jell-O, which is kind of better I guess?

wtf i hate jell-o now

I assume they're planning on replacing it with a bygone-era Roaring Twenties feel, keep in mind from Prisoner of Azkhaban onwards Harry Potter became pretty contemporary and lost a lot of it's olde worlde Britishness with more scenes of characters wearing muggle clothes and doing shit in the muggle world

kek

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Goldstein

this would have been infinitely more entertaining