I want to learn Russian. Does anyone have any advice?

I want to learn Russian. Does anyone have any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhhzC7rzre0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he relates Russia to communism
you need to kys.

Here you go friend

youtube.com/watch?v=qhhzC7rzre0

Don't.

Yes. Don't.

But if you feel compelled to do so anyway, good luck I guess.

Don't

It's the only even halfway related pic I had is all.
Why not Vasily?

Why?

DON'T

waste of time

There are a lot of Russians in the world. And my understanding is most of you don't speak English well, or at all.

I'm learning russian now. if I make it I'm going to do arabic next and then chinese.

that way no matter what happens there'll be somewhere I can go that will be winning (unless everything is fucked, in which fuck it anyway).

This is a good plan. I like it. Except that if the Arab world is winning that's about as bad as the whole world being fucked.

not all bad mate, pretty sure I'll be an in-demand commodity as an educated white man. four wives will go a long way to helping cope without alcohol and freedom.

Four times the bitching...No thanks, bud.

mate, it's not like in west where you have to put up with it

if it gets bad just give 'em a good clobbering until they get the message

Transliteration is trash, learn Cyrillic as soon as possible.
Cases are easier than they look like. They require more "dumb memorizing" than proper thinking to learn.
You won't sound native. Focus on being intelligible first.

Kek yeah good point.

>learn Cyrillic as soon as possible
This really doesn't look too hard. It's an alphabet so it's far easier than learning moon runes at least. Learning to type and hand write will probably be a little annoying but reading looks okay.

learned it in a day and got used to typing/reading it comfortably within a month

don't use duolingo for it though, get the new penguin guide.

That's reassuring, thanks. What's the new penguin guide, though? I've used Duolingo in the past and I like it but I don't know if it's any good for teaching a new alphabet.

it's good once you know the alphabet but useless for it

it's a book: the new penguin russian course by Brown

Learning Cyrillic isn't hard at all, and it's less work than learning the transliteration and then "unlearning" the bad habits it'll give. Ditto for handwritting - although be aware it's a bit messier than Latin.

For typing, if you use Linux, just fire up a text editor and set it up to Cyrillc and play with it a bit.

Nice, thanks my dudes.

Still wondering why the Russians and Slavs are all saying don't learn it. Are they memeing?

Try to find russian girl . fuck her is ass. she will teach you

well, it really depends why you're learning it

it's harder and it won't improve your career prospects much as french, german, italian etc. and slavic countries are shiteholes that you really don't want to live in. so if these are among the reasons you're learning then maybe don't.

it doesn't bother me though because I know english so I don't need to learn a language for my career and I wouldn't fancy moving anywhere else anyway. I want to learn it because I like russian literature, I'm up for a challenge, I might engage in sex tourism at some point, and as said above if things go south russia is one of the big players. Also, I like a challenge so why the fuck not?

Is Italian actually useful for one's career? I thought Italy had a garbage economy these days.