World Chess Championship - TIEBREAKERS

previous thread: (Chess is a sport recognized by the IOC, pls don't delete: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_IOC_Recognised_International_Sports_Federations)

Tiebreakers are underway. The 12-game match between the defending champion Magnus Carlsen (Norway) and the challenger Sergey Karjakin (Russia) ended 6-6, thus today we have tiebreakers, meaning that by the end of the day, the champion will be decided.

The first tiebreaker is 4 rapid games (25 minutes + 10 seconds per move). If after the rapid games the score is 8-8, then the second tiebreaker will be 2 blitz games (5 minutes + 3 seconds per move. If after those games, the score is 10-10, then they once again play 2 blitz games, up to a total of 5 times. If after 10 blitz games, the score is 18-18, then a final sudden death (a.k.a. armageddon), where white has 5 minutes, black has 4 minutes, the players have no increment until move 60 (where they get 3 seconds per move), however black has drawing odds (meaning that a draw would mean a win of the championship for black).

>worldchess.com/nyc2016/
The official site, where you can see all of the live moves and clock times. If you want to see the official stream with commentary and player cams, you need to pay 15 shekels.
>chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/carlsen-karjakin-world-chess-championship-2016/2/1/1
Very good quality, almost live commentary
>youtube.com/watch?v=3ecaDYWXoZc
If you just want the youtube stream of the above site.
>twitch (doт) tv/chessnetwork
Almost live commentary of the game by someone who's a very good chess educator, especially for lower rated players, and of course with Twitch chat.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2016#Schedule_and_results
General information about the match

Other urls found in this thread:

analysis.sesse.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=QryuMf8qZ0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR SLOWRGEY KARJAKIN TO WIN

Who would win in chess boxing?

Tyson Fury, first ever gyppo chess champion

ENGINE EVALUATION:

analysis.sesse.net/

The audience, frankly.

the better

Forza Karjakin.

Carlsen's face already looks like a boxer's but Karjakin is russian
hard to call

white edging ahead.

If Fischer could channel his hatred towards jews into the chess ring then him. Even when he was an old man.

youtube.com/watch?v=QryuMf8qZ0g

>betting against a russkie in a fight

On the official website there is a ranking bar (% chance for each of the players to win?) - how is it calculated?

GO CAR JACKING

Step aside, scrubs.

What happens after 4 ties?

*boxing ring

ffs

chess engine

Magnus at 1.3 looks good now

They play blitz chess

5 minute +3 seconds per move

more chess

Even faster games of 5|3

Tie again.. Chess is solved, we need a new game.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE PROOF THAT NEPO (or any other player besides Svidler) ACTUALLY POSTS ON Sup Forums?

with a chess engine.

According to people who practice it, chessboxing is plainly silly.

The boxing component is overwhelmingly more important than the differences in chess skill.

Not to mention Karjak at 6min vs 12:45

What happens after blitz draws?

It's not a tie, Magnus is up almost half a pawn

4 blitz (even faster) games

they play a game of Yu-Gi-Oh

Armageddon Chess

White gets 5 minutes, black gets 4 minutes, no bonus time until turn 60

Black wins in a draw.

>karjakin almost 10 minutes down

here is the proof: he's an autistic GM that is into e-sports

if karjakin draws this game he will have the edge in the match

an armageddon game, they have to play while Bruce Willis sings Don't Wanna Miss a Thing next to them

>that rook on c1

Wouldn't be worse than Armageddon.

GG CARLSEN WON

BLUNDER

>Black wins in a draw.

Sounds like affirmative action to me.

IT IS OVER 88888!!!!!

GG CARLSEN

Carlsen taking an emergency shit

Sergey seriously behind on time.

The entertainment value of two giants of chess battling across a ton of matches and neither can best the other and so they make them play an inane kids card game to decide the chess winner would be incredible.

Ok, I go first and make Dark Law, Bahamut Shark and Treatead. Set is Dimensional Barrier.

Your move ;)

Nice way to decide chess worlds

3 minutes should be enough to hold a draw here. It's very simplified already

White has a mate in 26 now

Carlsen is fucking right now

so when you are playing against friend, how long do you think before a move ?

Do you pressure eachother to hurry up or is chill `?

It's over no fucking way is Karjakin coming back

HE TOOK

THE MADMAN

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

>Implying

>Score: +1.35

KARJAKIN BTFO
PUTIN EXPOSED

>magnus still 1.14 at betfair

lump on boys it's literally free money

>two bishops for a rook and a pawn (though the pawn will probably fall)
is it really THAT big of an advantage? obviously the bishop pair is scary, but keep in mind this is still rapid, the game isn't over yet

post setup

CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN CARLSEN

Still going to cut it VERY close.

also today?

BLUNDERKIN GONNA BLUNDER

Carlsen new Rapid world champion?

Fucking carjacking

Is it known which one is the "official" one or is it just some proprietary shit made by organizers?

Yes

Karjakin is going to run out of time

that makes the advntage even bigger considering the time gap

Look how his clock is just going down m8.

I see mate in 23...
fight me

too low imo

RUSSKI STOP :(

two bishops in an open endgame where most of the board is blank space? that's massively superior

not to mention black's pawn isn't a passed pawn and not holdable

great

Probably stockfish. It is free and right now the second best.

stockfish, probably

Fucking russian retard

How the fuck is too low it's basically a lock for Carlsen to win.

Karjakin has shown in both games he has massive time management problem and now he has to win with white. Not seeing it.

There is no "official" engine. I believe they use stockfish which is the best open source engine available.

>thecoolguy

yes, because you have one more major unit on the board that you can often use to pile up on pawns and win more material for free

sometimes, it's not a big deal but if you can create weaknesses, you often win by a landslide

but here, I don't think this is the case. though Magnus will surely torture his opponent for a long time, just for the sake of it

Karjakin is ded on clock

Yeah I'm going to have to eat my words.

>literally down to under 1 minute

Karjakin is done, the sperglord will win

KARJAKIN KEPT BLUNDERING. 75%% Now.

>Too weak, too slow.
You heard it here first.

NONO NO NO DRAW HERE FAGGOT

>eval almost at +2

actually 1:56 - don't trust the sesse und chess24 clocks

those weren't fucking blunders you fucking idiot

Draw again ? I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me.

>BRUH MY POSITION KEEPS GETTING WORSE
>NO BLUNDER THO

>+2.15

pls Russia you have to win for the Slavs :(

well, it's 1:15 now and he's moving very slow so he'll be playing on increments in a moment

Karjakin now

Okay, I understand that the bishop pair is much better than the rook here, that the e-pawn is unholdable, and that the evaluation shows white to be much better, but how exactly does white make progress here?

karjakallapase

exactly