Why do Americans learn high school math in college?

Why do Americans learn high school math in college?

Because they didn't take high school seriously. I don't really blame them though

I have used stewart for university too you retarded finnshit

You will obviously still have at least one class of calculus at university. If for no other reason than to familiarize everyone with the kind of rigor that is expected of them at that level.

You're retarded for doing high school math in university

stop being an attentionseeking faggot, stewart has chapters on vector calculus, in your retarded country they don't do that stuff in high school, otherwise there would be more finnish mathematicians of note, instead there are ZERO

also in the last math olympiad finland came 71th which is fucking pathetic, netherlands came in 44th and USA in 1st, so it seems you faggots are not that good in high school math

I don't know about the US, but in Leafland the teachers don't really want to teach anything useful. I blame the teacher unions for a lot of it. It's the same thing with the liberal arts, at my university all of the first year history courses spent the first week teaching the students how to write an academic essay, because highschool teachers wont their students how to do this.

It depends on the teachers here. A lot of the teachers I've had/met who don't teach well, just aren't cut out to be a teacher and the students exploit that and generally make the teacher worse.

Also, private schools pay the teachers more and they do better than public school for assumedly obvious reasons.

Here's how it works, at least as I understand it.

Some schools offer calculus, but some don't. The ones that don't offer it don't because they wouldn't have enough students to fill a class, because it isn't a graduation requirement, and you'd have to take it again in college anyway.

My high school's highest level math course was "pre-calculus" and that had maybe 10 people in it, including me.

your only fucking fields medalist was a fucking FENNOSWEDE KEK

Lars Ahlfors

I did calculus in highschool tho. We went up to derivitives. Got an A+.

>be asian
>too dumb for calculus
>study biology like a common pleb
>all the jobs that are hiring in my city are math-related majors

Fennoswedes are the most beautiful and intelligent Finns though

this is true

They aren't Finns, but Finlanders.

they also dont count

we could also import masterrace swedes and get fields medals but we don't

instead we import moroccans to make it more difficult

>derivitives in high school
literally memorization, no proofs

fennoswedes are superior to swedes as well.

I dunno about you but i learned ALOT in highschool. (Literally from fixing cars and driving boats to physics)

The Swedish speakers are as native as the ones that speak Finnish

There wasn't even such a thing as Finland before Russia conquered part of Sweden and started calling it the Grand Duchy of Finland.

Did you go to high school in the US? Besides, like I said, some public school systems do offer it, usually better funded ones

I'm an ENS student and had to take a similar class in my first semester. They also unironically had a separate course for the people who could barely speak English

>ALOT
clearly, you didn't learn English

what high school is this?

in ontario every high school has calculus/bio labs/physics labs/automotive shops/woodworking places/media studios/etc.

>tfw segelbåt
feels great desu

No i went to public school in dude weed land. We even have an enterprise course for people wanting to start a business.

>fixing cars and driving boats
i think he was talking about things that are actually useful for a career

The union coaches their members on how to scrape by doing as little work as possible, and the end result is first-year university students who don't know how to write a formal, academic essay, or how to do basic algebra and calculus. There are a few good highschool teachers, but they are few and far between. I always found, somewhat paradoxically, that the younger and less experienced teachers were really good, likely because they hadn't been infected with a toxic union mindset.

Oh, I was talking about freedom land

School isn't only about teach you career skills.

so much truth

Dude fuck off im a phone poster.

not only, but primarily and teachers here aren't putting much effort into that

eat shit, wang du

We even had a weekend gun class for getting a gun license lmao. I learned how to disassemble a SKS and put it back together.

I've heard of similar things here. We at least had a survival class, complete with excursions and hiking innawoods and mountains. Was cool.

yet eveyone comes her for stem professions and educations...hmmm

prestige

Ya we had that shit too. Now i know how to make a stone spear in the wilderness and do first aid and cpr.

Are you a highschool teacher? Just keep your dick in your pants and your hands off the student body, and you will never be fired no matter how lazy and incompetent you are.

That's the case for canada not burgerland.