How come these 4 movies essentially get a free pass, with decent-to-great reviews?

How come these 4 movies essentially get a free pass, with decent-to-great reviews?

They're rather substandard films.
I'm not saying the DCEU movies are any better, but they're bashed upon tirelessly.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/thor_the_dark_world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh another supahoomans thread

Because they pander to Tumblr and the nu-male audience.

First thor was ok
Iron man 2 was meh at best
Iron man 3 and Thor 3 are beyond garbage

They're decent movies. They're literally way better than most blockbusters.

So many other movies are worse. These are competently made.

Maybe you should ask all of them. I'm sure they could tell you, y'know? Instead of fatties on a Vietnamese animation BBS.

You forgot ant-man OP

They're crap but coherent enough to be forgettable. Plus DC has more iconic characters and previous works so people have higher standards for them

why they dropped every connection to the incredible hulk? it was a good movie and better than most of the MCU ones.

shut up, Ant-Man is great.

Marvel is McDonalds while DC is Taco Bell.

neither are great but one is clearly more competent

Iron Man 2 and 3 and Thor 2 are sequels so no one expected them to be any good. Thor 1 is legit trash though, massively overrated.

A) When these movies came out Capeshit wasn't played to death with 10 movies coming out a year. So there wasn't as many established capeshit clichés so it was still novel.
B) RDJ makes any IM movie at least entertaining
C) BvS got a metascore of 44 and Thor: Dark World got a metascore of 54 so there isn't a huge difference between these movies critically
D) critics are getting tired of capeshit and looking for more excuses to lash out than a couple years ago

it was a borefest

thor movies are terrible, ironman 2 was not only bad it was completely hamstrung by the brass. ironman 3 was fine until the end.

Antman is the only movie which the comedy felt natural and unforced.
>MEWMEW

Be glad they are unbiased when it comes to Thor.
Apart from that, Iron Man 3 was okay, nothing terrible besides not muh Mandarin and "why the fuck they are focusing on Tony's persona, i want muh shooting and bang bang" shit.

fucking up mandarin is not something people can easly forgive.

how come dcucks get mad when no one likes their shitty movies?

>Iron Man 2
It's pretty bad as a sequel. Some guilty pleasure moments.
>Iron Man 3
Decent movie with some obvious problems and questionable decisions i.e. turning extremis into muh lava powers, not using house party protocol as security before his house gets demolished
>Thor
It's average
>Thor 2
Absolute garbage. I hated this movie.

Only Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are undeserving of the scores they got imo. Thor movies are hindered by the stupid Earth plot and characters that try and explain everything that's happening with bullshit science. Thor 3 better be the "Lord of the Rings In Space + Planet Hulk" movie it needs to be.

Yes it is.

Nobody cares about some literally who Villian.

I saw iron man 2 once when it came out, never saw three, and only saw Thor once. My retarded friend at the time tried saying that Thor was better than first avenger and I was about to slap his shit. His a Norse-aboo tho so that's why. He has Thors hammer tatted on his ankle

Thor is solid as hell, the rest are dog shit though

There's literally LITERALLY nothing wrong with Iron Man 3.

Cry more comic book virgins.

>mandarin
>literally who Villian
Also marvel villains always fuck up villains, they are the worst part of the movie with the only exception being loki maybe.

I thought Thor 1 and Iron Man 3 were ok, but Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 should be rotten imo.

Ant Man was meh but on a whole different league than these turds

What about Ultron though?

Because the characters themselves are still likable and enjoyable to watch. MoS and BvS shit on the characters and give you no reason to like them

Ultron was decent.

Had some cool speeches.

I don't know OP, i actually have no idea.

the paying for bad reviews is stupid and ridiculous.

but there is no fucking way that Thor 2 is a significantly better film than BvS or Suicide Squad, there is no way. and anyone with an understanding of film would say the same.

>quiptron
no, thank you

THIS THIS THIS

People love these characters and don't care about the Villians.

you know why

>Had some cool speeches
wtf? How can you compare this:
>A true story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound... Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knockoff: the Chinese Theatre. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry. The 'Big One' is coming: your graduation.
>Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson? In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado, the U.S. Military waited until the friendly Cheyenne Braves had all gone hunting. Waited to attack and slaughter the families left behind. And claim their land. Thirty-nine hours ago, the Ali al-Salam Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I, I, I did that. A quaint military church, filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on maneuvers. The 'Braves' were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you've missed me again. You don't know who I am. You don't know where I am. And you'll NEVER see me coming.
To this:
>Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create avengers. People create... smaller people? Uhh... children!

All Marvel villains are literally whos. That's why all they do is fight each other.

Thor 2 is way better than BvS.

Any critic will tell you so.

BvS is not a real movie, it literally stops and drops everything and become a trailer for Justice League. IT LITERALLY shills future movies. Not in an after credits scene, in the MIDDLE of the movie.

Thor 2 actually has a plot even if it's forgettable.

BvS doesn't even try, it's offensively bad.

SS was fine, the editing was bad but the bias from BvS has carried over and will continue to poison opinion of every DC movie from now on.

I think there is a preconceived narrative that the new DC movies are bad, there is always so much more pressure around these movies and a lot more is expected of them compared to marvel.

for example the Transformers movies, after the 1st one you really don't care anymore and you just expect them to be bad.

i think this is how the critics feel about dc, i doubt they'll ever give them a chance except with maybe the wonder woman and solo batman movie.

but the point is i think the critics go in expecting and hoping for it to be bad.

>Thor 2 is way better than BvS.
>Any critic will tell you so.

Bait harder

I explained why.

BvS is pile of fucking trash.

The JJ trailer part is about 10 minutes. That's it. All the shilling you complain about is about 5% of the movie. Don't get me wrong the rest of the movie is a mess, but way better than Thor 2

Iron Man 2 and the Thor movies are much worse than Suicide Squad or BvS.

Thor 2 actually has likeable characters, a logical script, a plot, and coherent editing.

BvS has none. BvS is extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced.

>i think the critics go in expecting and hoping for it to be bad.
I think this is spot on, and as a result they look for negatives in everything and are a lot harsher on them as a whole.

I unironically like Thor 2 and think it's a genuinely good movie

First Thor is genuinely great and I have no idea why it gets shat on so much here. Iron Man 2 is alright too, although kind of underwhelming.

Doomsday ruins the movie, the entire 3rd act is absolutely terrible.

They kill Superman for no reason.

Wonder Woman's horrible casting sticks out very much.

Lex was awful the entire movie.

Thor 2 is forgettable but not horrible.

Thor 2 >>> BvS

Ant-man is arguably the best capeshit movie done by marvel

My guess is it's the heist sub genre

It's ok, the performances are good.

Portman is the worst thing about it, the rest isn't too bad.

Normie here. Nobody knows who mandarin is, like how everyone knows about lex or green goblin

>spends most of the movie with no powers in some shithole
>is an asshole his whole life but randomly meets a girl who changes his whole perspective on life cliche
>meh acting
>shit story
apart from loki and odin the movie was a generic cliche borefest, worth one watch and never again. and don't even get me started on iron man 2

Thor 2 is unironically better than Thor 1 and all 3 Iron Mans.

this though. Portman and Titsgirl are the worst.

>like how everyone knows about lex or green goblin

Green Goblin isn't THAT well known. I know when I was growing up Hobgoblin was the one getting pushed in cartoons and stuff, so I didn't even know who GG was until the movie.

Spider-Man has mostly terrible villains and none of them are really iconic outside the series. You're probably more likely to get someone to recognize Doctor Octopus than Goblin.

Green Goblin is only well known because he was in the Sam Raimi movie.

>Thor 2 is unironically better than Thor 1 and all 3 Iron Mans
I liked Thor 2 more than most but you are fucking delusional and I don't believe you've seen most if any of those movies recently.

I liked Thor 2 but it's not better than any of the Iron Mans

Iron Man 2 was decent? Terrible improv dialogue, a nonsensical bad guy with no development outside of "I want my bird", fake shitty tension between two heroes that goes nowhere, and an armarda of CGI robots again as the big bad.

Banal is the best you can describe it as. It got a free pass because of RDJ and featuring Iron Man.

But its true.

Dialog was fine.

But it isn't.

Test

Marvels films are universally watchable basically anyone can enjoy them at some level. They always have very strong first acts.

MOS and BVS are very divisive (I haven't seen Suicide Squad) because they alienate the majority of movie goers with an attempt to have depth that most believe doesn't work or they dont want

>fucking up mandarin
Marvel is playing the long game, man.
>Mandarin is out there somewhere (One of the dvd one shots, I forget which, says there's a 'real' mandarin)
>Dr. Strange is bringing magic into the universe for christmas.
>Not thinking mandarin will show up after magic becomes real

I bet you can name more spiderman rogues than superman rogues.

>Make something with quality
>wahhhh free pass!
>STOP BEING A BULLY TO THE MOVIES I LIKE NO MATTER WHAT, IM A NUMALE THAT THINKS BULLIES SHOULD GO'WAY WAHHHH MOMMY MAKE THEM STOP

Shane Black makes quality movies.

>Make something with quality

surely you're not thinking about marlel?

Pandering to nu-males. BvS was redpilled as fuck of course modern audiences wouldn't like it.

DC is guilty of the cgi bossfight last battle in all of it's movies too.

Console wars aside, The plot was clear, the villain's motivations simple, he wanted revenge and convinced another dude who wanted to get rid of the same dude to pay him for it and then classic bad guy betrayal sequence where everything goes wrong.

It does get a little bogged down in world building, but you know, even then, it's not unwatchable.

Thor is great. fuck you. Iron Man 3 is good depending on your pov. Thor 2 is comfy as fuck. Iron Man 2 is an ok avengers prequel.

>Thor is great
stopped reading there

>that scene where RDJ has to sneak in to the badguy's mansipn, gets captured, and then the badguy breathes fire

Thor movies are good when you fast forward Natalie Portman and earth scenes.

Ironman 3 was great, the complaints come from hardcore comic purists and pretenders. Thor movies are fun chick flicks carried by Loki. Though the second one is recognized as the weakest mcu film. Ironman 2 is a big meh, but the same as Thor films have a charismatic villain that currently gets buttfuck in prison. Overall they are enjoyable movies that don't try to be more than what they are. Now where's my check?

Everyone on Sup Forums loved Avengers, and it was fucking trash. I literally do not trust anyones opinion on movies anymore.

Sup Forums is usually spot on when critiquing games though.

Shit taste detected.Kenneth Branagh nailed Thor. Get your shit together.

Avengers was great, cry more.

Its not kino enough for him. Avengers was a good time at movies. Nothing more nothing less. It wasnt the fucking godfather.

It was boring and was literally 3 scenes. Forest fight, Airplane fight, generic city fight.

Keep crying bitch. Love me some more tears.

>boing

How could you be this pleb that a blockbuster bores you?

agreed. it wasn't bad just highly overrated

There was no depth. I know I wasn't looking for anything deep when I went in, but at least Guardians of the galaxy had some charm. Cool characters, settings, and awesome soundtrack. The extent of Avengers charm was really, really bad one liners.

Guardians > Suicide Squad > Civil War > Avengers

>no depth

pleb alert.

The whole movie is a thrilling representation of the Also Sprach Zarathustra, hidden between the CGI and corny jokes. It's a call to humanity, trying to tell us why we need to leave religions, to unleash our hidden nature.

Just take your time to analyze the characters:
>Steve Rogers; A man out of time, attached fervently to his religion, trying to ignore the fact that he is the Ubermensch incarnated and that he has seen things beyond his belief.

>Tony Stark; An iron man with so much wealth and power capable of create the most powerful armors. He didn't need someone beyond him to do that, he accomplished all of this with his own bare hands and effort. He realized that humanity doesn't need to be guided by someone with more strenght.

>Bruce Banner; The representation of the power that we hide so the rest wouldn't judge us based on their dogmas.

>Nick Fury; A man physically (but not mentally) blinded, that will not follow our brainwashed leaders.

>Thor and Loki; Powerful gods, surprised when they realize that our race is not willing to believe in them anymore.

>Natasha and Clint; the symbol of humanity, surrounded by the Ubermensch.

The story, the soundtrack, the cinematography and symbolism is exquisite. This, doesn't aim at an specific group, it aims at everyone, not caring about the race, age or colour. Is a desperate call to humanity, so we can get up and unite, to not serve another being, but to be the masters, the avengers.

I love Snyder-Kino, but Ironman 3 was a fun movie.

I like the first Avengers movie

Age of Ultron was all kinds of snooze though and though I wasn't well-versed in comics I agree with some fans I've seen who criticize the way Ultron was handled.

>Gives the CGI robot a jaw and all kinds of complicated mechanical parts for a mouth

For what purpose did they do this? It sure as fuck isn't to connect with the audience as he's hellbent on exterminating people like the audience, so any "connection" can be just as easily gained through a faceplate or something.

Shit's dumb yo. And that's just one problem with that movie.

>hated Iron Man 2 kind of like 3
>actually really liked both Thor movies

I guess I'm taking crazy pills but I really like the Thor franchise. Hiddleston makes it though.

Iron Man 3 is a good film, boo fucking hoo they changed the Mandarin.

Worst of all are the marveldrone autists who unironically defend these shit films.

Because despite the fact that they're average at very best, they're still competent enough. It's less "they did this element well" and more "they didn't fuck up this element."

Iron Man 3 isn't as bad as the rest of those three imo

rottentomatoes.com/m/thor_the_dark_world/

Uhh Thor the Dark World sits on 66% on RT.

That movie is completely unredeemable dogshit, it's literally one of the worst superhero movies I've ever fucking seen and yet it's certified Fresh.

you ever think you take RT too seriously?

Critics judge ALL superhero movies by the standards of Iron man 1 and Avengers 1.

This means there is an inherent bias towards the Disney "Superhero film by committee" formula that is copy pasted between all Superhero films, it's why Foxs Marvel films also fall flat on their face with critics, when in my opinion at least the Xmen films for the most part are far better films than 80% of the shit that is MCU.

This also means that films have to be super unique and good to actually get good review scores from critics, it's why Batman trilogy reviews well, because they are just really, really good movies as standalone films, or why Deadpool reviewed well, because it was super unique for a superhero film and made very well.

But I don't think anybody apart from MCU fanboys will disagree that Disney can just phone in any fucking MCU film and critics wall fall over themselves praising it for the most part.

What DC fanboys need to understand is that stupid conspiracy theories like "Disney and Marvel is paying off everyone" are just fucking batshit, while just understanding the subconscious biases of critics aren't.

It's not that hard to understand.
>IM2
Shit story but funny and good action.

>Thor
Shit story but funny and good action

>Thor 2
Good story and funny. Also good action.

>IM3
Shittiest Marvel movie... BUT

> MOS
>MOS2
>SS
Bad Story, Plotholes,Sadness, Humourless, unfaithful to original characters. Another problem which no one talks about - Hyped into space that it will be the next Citizen CapeKano.

agreed fellow user of good taste

Iron Man 3 was great the only hate it gets is from niggers like you who dislike the mandarine fake villain shit, desu when i first saw the movie i thought it was wierd aswell but it didnt fucking ruin the movie. It deserves its 79% on RT

It's not certified fresh...

It has a red tomato.

But it's not certified.

X-Men First Class has a 86%
DoFP has a 91%
Deadpool has an 84%

Ross was in Civil War...