''You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble...

''You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders. ''

Holy shit that's deep
Why can't marvel in 15 movies have ONE scene or line this intelligent and good? Why unlike DC, Marvel's movie are so forgettable in every aspect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BW8_usG_B0E
youtube.com/watch?v=CuMy1reFX4A
youtube.com/watch?v=zJfIg8fXM-w
youtube.com/watch?v=qVZYsAyrLmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol rottentomatoes

This scene... oh man. The whole movie was a masterpiece of pure cinematographic greatness. A pleasure for both eyes and mind, a film that challenges the enstablished dogmas of superhero movies and Nietzche's "superhuman" philosophy with heart and humbleness, combined with groundbreaking visual effects and incredible acting by all performers.

This film is by all means one of the greatest ever created, being easily the best in its genre and the best from the year 2013.

Snyder's immense talent is starting to shake the very core of Holllywood and cinema itself.

>''You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders. ''
Em I the only one that instantly thinks of Hitler when you hear it ?

>this is what passes for deep among capeshit watchers

What was deep about that? It's all right there on the surface

>In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
Like what?

Punisher's monologue in the graveyard absolutely demolishes that, and Zemo's speech in the final act of Civil War is just a good.

Stay mad dcuck

>Why unlike DC, Marvel's movie are so forgettable in every aspect?
this is true lol
5 months later BVS is still being discussed while Civil War has already forgotten

>Holy shit that's deep
>Why can't marvel in 15 movies have ONE scene or line this intelligent and good? Why unlike DC, Marvel's movie are so forgettable in every aspect?
Because this is a line ripped off from a comic, the director didn't do it.

>literally plotholes the flick
>good
Shit like that completely ruins my immersion into the film.

I wonder how the scene would've been with this guy.

First half of Man of Steel is godtier capeshit imo.

it was genuinely a great scene... in the trailer

GO BACK

>and Zemo's speech in the final act of Civil War is just a good.

DC's on maximum damage control

There isn't one single "plothole" that can't be explained.
Go ahead, try me.

Superman is a hero. A super hero. simple as that. Not a Christ like creator God. Trying to make him something he isn't has alienated (no pun intended) your audience

>Why can't marvel in 15 movies have ONE scene or line this intelligent and good? Why unlike DC, Marvel's movie are so forgettable in every aspect?

youtube.com/watch?v=BW8_usG_B0E

>do you twerk?
>you will

It's funny because it's better.

But it is you fucking memer. Act 1 and 2 might have been mediocre but at least the film tied up nicely in Act 3.

This is pure cringe.
>muh america
>muh freedom

what does that actually mean? how can humanity copy superman? what do you mean they will le stumble and fall? superman tackles zod into smallville and then through buildings in metropolis, I think the average person has fucked up less than him as they havnt killed thousands of people

HUNKA HUNKA

Because Marvel define the genre by sheer volume, and the narrative they've created is that comic book films aren't meant to be taken seriously.
Just switch your brain off lmao, it's just a comic book film bro, grab some popcorn and a Coke™ Zero
Personally, a film with ambition that fails will always be more interesting than a film that plays it safe and doesn't even try.

i watched Winter Soldier twice and I don't remember that, pretty forgetable
i liked the movie tho

With great power come great responsibility.

This one sentence has more depth than all of Synders pseudo-intellectualism

apart from some of the actors doing the best they can with the shitty materiel they had, the movie is pure shite.

It starts off by trying to make Jor-El into some fucking action hero riding a dragon (!) on Krypton, and it continued in that same contrived way throughout the entire film, which of course includes the hilarious scene with Kevin Costner as Superman's dad telling him to let him die just to make a totally pathetic point...

Only part of the movie I enjoyed somewhat was the fight in Smallville (at least I think it was), the drawn out and totally tiresome fight against Zod at the end had me tune out completely, oh, I have an idea, let's crash through a building, and again, and again...

The story was something out of a ten minute fan-fiction contest with it's insanely forced plot devices.

Oh, and that fucking blue-green tint on every scene.... wtf...

youtube.com/watch?v=CuMy1reFX4A
lol

That speech was good because it was lifted from All-Star Superman. Snyder is a hack.

'You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

>Spider-Man achieved Superman level popularity merely 10 years after his creation
Really maeks u think

It's a terrible movie.

The plot is pointless and full of holes, the characters are dour and depressed all the time, the story makes exactly the same mistake literally every bad Superman story makes (making him an allegory for Jesus), the symbolism is hamfisted, the subtext doesn't exist, and Superman doesn't actually have a character.

It's a bad movie. That's literally all there is to it.

nope, the only thing that alienated the audience is that the movie is terrible. Horrible pacing, constant cgi fighting, paper-thin villain and plot. Oh and that stupid grey blue filter. This is the reason why the movie bombed, this is why marvel movies are successful in comparison. Nobody cares about your deep plots and imagery if you can't even get the basic stuff right

>Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
>He didn't fly so good!
>Who wants to try next?
>Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask? A lot of loyalty, for a hired gun!
>Bane: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane?
>At least you can talk. Who are you?
>It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
>No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
>If I pull that off, would you die?
>It would be extremely painful.
>You're a big guy!
>For you.
>Was getting caught part of your plan?
>Of course... Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours, we had to find out what he told you.
>Nothing! I said nothing!
>Well, congratulations! You got yourself caught! Now what's the next step in your master plan?
>Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

Holy shit that's deep
Why can't marvel in 15 movies have ONE scene or line this intelligent and good? Why unlike DC, Marvel's movie are so forgettable in every aspect?

I hate this meme.

#deep

Yeah I agree, Synder could have gotten away with the misguided symbolism if the movie was actually good.

someone at DC films should thank Grant Morrison for that line. also, it's not really deep, the line simply defines who Superman is. this can easily be adjusted with nearly every superhero character.

>haven't watched a single marvel movie since the first 15 minutes of Iron man
>have been putting off watching the winter soldier because I keep hearing it's good from Sup Forums
>this scene
what the actual fuck is this shit. This is the emotional moment of the movie ?

>inb4 dcuck
I don't watch that shit either

>You are a monster Zod, and i'm gonna stop you.
Holy shit that's deep

youtube.com/watch?v=zJfIg8fXM-w

Because it's lifted directly from one of the comics.

Krypton makes no sense.A dying planet inhabited by technology gods who developed galaxy-scope space travel and terra-forming machines…are not aware that their own planet is on the verge of exploding (except for 2 guys) and are not using any of their machines to save their fate. Explain that.

>hydra
>shield
>"helicarriers" (?)
Is this serious? I haven't seen the film so this is totally out of context. Is it a joke scene? Is it meant be some kind of self-parody?

If you don't watch every MCU movie in order, you don't get the full effect.

You also seem to have autism.

When you read MOS Jor-El's dialogue in Brando's voice you begin to realize he's actually written pretty well but Crowe's voice sucks ass for narration of this kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=qVZYsAyrLmU

That is a metaphore for corrupt bureaucracy.

I can't even think about that scene without getting inspired to get off my ass and do something productive.

I'll be back later. Going to surprise my gramma and fix her broken fence.

>All of those idiots talking about the speech.
>Not focusing on the SHIELD guy trying to decide wheter to launch the carriers or not.

> "Well, Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane."
Holy shit this is pure kino. I can't remember a single line from a Marvel flick that was this deep.

are you retarded? His bland speech where he tells you he wanted revenge because his family was killed? that's good?

Lex's monologue about God being tribal and taking sides on the Helipad in BvS is infinitely better than anything in the MCU.

"Our destruction could have been avoided but for the vanity of some who consider us indestructible. If it were not for vanity, why, at this very moment, I could embrace you in my arms."

I cringed. This is a Reddit post.

I actually like these movies but I agree. Supposedly Krypton acquired knowledge from thousands of civillizations, yet never encountered a yellow sun? Or had knowledge of them? Knowledge of stars and how they function is something even we know about. This is the most glaring fault here. Granted, kryptonians are shit without the yellow sun, but you'd think they could harness this and basically conquer the fucking universe

Even Darkseid wouldn't fucking stand a chance against billions of supermen

Regardless of what is said here Watchmen is better than every marvel movie ever made to date.

If he had actually said that at least it would have been hilarious.

and this is the problem with the DCEU. One superhero, you can build a somewhat realistic story around him and explore a few themes. Several superhero and it can only be cheesy as fuck, so it can only work if your story itself is somewhat cheesy. Actually I retract that, I don't remember a single movie with several super heroes that was good in any way.

Thats fucking terrible
did someone with a videogame mindset write that?

That depends on how Darkseid works. Mind control and inspiring fanatic zeal are part of what he is. He might be the very reason they huddled back on Krypton in the first place. He's basically space Sauron.

Personally, I'm waiting to see Lex acting as his prophet.

>If you don't watch every MCU movie
Hahaha nice try faggot. If you want "le full effect" just watch Spiderman 2 or the first Hulk.

first Hulk is trash