David Cross - Netflix Special

His stand-up special that came out today was absolutely BASED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CceQISThDYQ
youtu.be/Uc3HiKQDPCQ?t=161
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

19 year age difference

>liberal """""comedy"""""

was the new Bob and David worth watching senpai?

now I like him even more

As someone that hasn't seen the original series and can't compare, I found it very passable but not amazing.

It's pretty good

On a scale of 0 to silverware drawer, how edgy is he?

Please watch the originals, they're a infinitely better. Just start on season 2 or 3

why do you give a fuck that he's liberal? He makes fun of everyone, he's anti-PC, don't you conservacucks love that?

he's high test

these pseudo-alpha self conscious neckbeard ubermensch want to remain ideologically pure, so they attack anything that might be feminine, left or 'pussy'.

They're the new human version of grey goo. Generic xeroxes of human beings that wish they were better than they are and are so tryhard about it.

RELIGION IS A LIEEEE

DUDE
ATHEISM
LMAO

>one entire joke about atheism in entire special
>dude atheism LMAO

shut the fuck up

So?

Oh great, more netflix shilling.

>conservacucks
Fuck off you liberal faggot. Its cuckservative.

I'm not shilling Netflix, I'm shilling how based this special is.

>on Sup Forums board
>talking about shit on Netflix is "shilling"

fuck off neet

I've rarely seen it typed out "cuckservative" but alright, cuckservative.

>the everyone who makes fun of conservacucks is a liberal faggot, meme

Watching now. Its not FUNNY per se (I laughed at his vape bit but thats been about it). He takes a turn about 1/3-1/2 of the way through where the comedy kinda dies down and it just becomes a platform for his political views.

Its not bad, again, it just isnt too funny.

He does this every time. I'll wait for the youtube highlight reel.

Started watching. It's terrible. Stopped watching about halfway through when he started spouting lies and blatant misinformation about gun control like every lefty. Fucking trash.

>it just becomes a platform for his political views.
fuck i hate when """"comedians""" do this

Yeah so I just watched it, and like the guy above said the first half hour was comedy and the rest was just him sharing his political views. Fuck you OP for suggesting this.

I liked the comedy part though.

Gonna have to concur, except I'll say With Bob and David had its moments, and Season 1 of Mr. Show is still greater than almost anything in existence even if S2-4 is GOAT

If someone is already subscribing to Netflix how does shilling for it even make any difference? And who would pay for a month of service just to watch one comedy special?

Really looking forward to when "shill" gets added to the wordfilter

>I have no idea that David Cross did political comedy
>I'm gonna complain

Is no comedian ever allowed to make political jokes?

I can't wait for summer to fucking end

Good stuff

David has happy merchant face

There's a difference between making political jokes and just straight up talking about your political views for a full hour. But I assume you haven't seen it yet.

Jim Jefferies does it right, he makes some jokes about trump or gun laws or whatever and then goes back to talking about random shit that's funny.

But I guess I could have known he mainly does his political views before watching it.

I have seen it, I don't care that he jokes about his political views. I'm not some triggered faggot

It's just a full hour of his political views though, and if you don't share them he doesn't really make it funny either way. Look at this clip, even if you support Trump Jim still makes it funny. He doesn't say "everyone that supports trump is a racist xenophobe retard" to make a joke like David.
youtube.com/watch?v=CceQISThDYQ

>God's dumb and not real
>audience goes crazy
Funny stuff.

>It's just a full hour of his political views

No it's not, and you don't have to like it. This is just you not liking THIS particular form of political comedy.

he is annoying

i think i like every other person from Mr. Show more than him

Yeah because it's the youngest girl that Jew can get without it being pedophilia.

lol wtf his delivery is literally just chatting shit. Does he write any of this shit down beforehand or just walk out and paraphrase facebook memes he read backstage?

you seem excessively triggered

>Look at this clip, even if you support Trump Jim still makes it funny.

Watched it. It's just political rambling it isn't funny. He goes on about ISIS winning and radicalization and love vs hate.

Zero jokes.

aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa...... aaaaaaaaa......

That fucking dude.

You made me watch 20 minutes of that bullshit. Fuck you OP.

i'm actually pretty butthurt that guy baited me into watching it by pretending it wasn't exactly the type of agitating unfunny shit everyone is complaining about. I've got stand-up comedy blue balls now.

Somebody pls post some decent stand up to cleanse my pallet of this shit.

Just a reminder, this type of "comedy" is the legacy of comedic "legends" like George Carlin and Bill Hicks.

At some point, comedians like Carlin who made it big telling jokes about curse words you can't use on television and the colors of food decided that coming up with jokes is hard so they would just release hour long specials about their political views. They throw in one or two shitty, uninspired jokes, one or two chuckle-inducing jokes, and then uninterrupted rambling about hot-button issues like any ongoing wars, abortion, religion, gun control, political correctness, etc.

Nah man, he's got a plump nose.

I thought only one or two sketches were funny. Big fan of the original show.

I'd watch more if they made it. I wish they had a thru line tying everything in the episode together like the original series though.

Literally only carlin could actually do it without triggering my cringe response, and I think that's because he spent the first 25 years of his career being nothing but a genuine comedian. His political material began when the government laid profanity charges that were meant to crucify him and end ruin the rest of his career, and I think it just genuinely shifted the focus of his everyday thoughts and therefore his writing.

Hicks (the first imitator) was also the first to make an entire set outraged political invective with a punchline or two. Every single person after that has just been "furious political-opinions man".

None the shit Hicks did which I have seen has ever made me laugh or amused me desu, but as far as I can tell he genuinely has/had some built in fan base that found it amusing beyond its ability to really make you think. Lost on me though.

I used to be like you guys. In fact, I remember getting in a big ol' internet fight on the SA forums back before Sup Forums even existed, about one of David Cross's albums and how I hated that he put so much political commentary in there--"why not just put jokes and leave that stuff out?"

Then I stopped being a little faggot and just accepted that this is his style and moved on with my life. I realized that I was railing against him because I was hypersensitive to hearing anything that conflicted with my viewpoint, and that was clouding my judgement. I literally couldn't discern the humor in the commentary because I was so aggravated.

Now I see all these things, and I have confidence that some day you'll be able to see them as well.

I remember this.

I grew up watching and loving David Cross as a kid you try hard fag, even to the point that his politics aligned with mine for 85% of my life.

Its just that the demagoguery has grown over time to take up larger and larger portions of his set as a whole.

Are you seriously saying you remember my thread on SA?

Bo Burnham's "Make Happy" is on Netflix and is solid. Last I saw, his previous special "What." was on there, too. If not, it is also available free on Youtube.
John Mulaney's "New in Town" is a classic, and "The Comeback Kid" is also great.
Gary Gulman's "In This Economy" and "It's About Time" were both fairly solid. I was particularly fond of his bit about Helvetica.
Jimmy Carr's "Funny Business" is good, but that may just be me being an 8 Out of 10 Cats fanboy.
Anthony Jeselnik is usually good for a laugh. It's been a while since I watched "Thoughts and Prayers" so I can't remember much about it. I know the title comes from a bit about how when some tragedy happens, people like to talk about how their thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, as opposed to anything helpful. I'd recommend it if you're into 2edgy4me and one-liners, but if you start it and it doesn't appeal, just give up on it. His style is fairly constant.
Ben Bailey (of Cash Cab fame) has a special called "Road Rage" which I thoroughly enjoyed. Way funnier than I would have expected from him.
Mike Birbiglia's "What I Should Have Said Was Nothing" I recall being good, but it's been ages since I watched it so my memory may be misleading me. It was at least good enough that I tried watching "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" which was complete garbage.

Looking at the stand-up comedy section, I'm seeing a Sklar Brothers special I haven't seen before. Presumably it's strong.
They also have special(s) by Bill Burr, Louis CK, and Jim Gaffigan. By this point, you should know if you're into their styles or not.
There's also a special by Kathleen Madigan, "Again" which I haven't watched yet, but she's one of the few female comedians I've consistently enjoyed in the past (doesn't just joke about her vagina and fucking guys).

But I'm an atheist and agree with him on the things he trashes, like the idea of arming school teachers to stop school shootings. I'm not upset that he's using a comedy special to tell funny jokes at the expense of my political views, I was just sorely disappointed that I wasted my time on a comedy special he used to tell unfunny jokes expecting to get support by pandering to my political views.

The album I'm referring to was roughly half political humor, and that's roughly what this new special is. It's all in your head dude.

I remember a time when goon scum wouldn't dare admit to being from that hive of fail and faggotry on here. I thought we killed all you filthy savages.

Put a fence around em!
youtu.be/Uc3HiKQDPCQ?t=161

lol is this a subtle "im obviously shilling for netflix" troll?

If it makes your fanny less flustered, I got banned like 10 years ago

No, he asked for stand up comedy recommendations in a thread about a Netflix comedy special, so I limited my thoughts to good stuff available on Netflix. I left off a bunch of trash, like Joe Rogan, Maria Bamford, Katt Williams, Jeff Dunham, Bob Saget, Doug Benson, Rob Schneider. Really, most of their stand-up selection is shit.

Here's the ultimate turing test question for you: can you recommend any good stand up that is not currently in netflix's 'trash' library?

Have you considered not being a little cunt?

Tom Segura - Pretty Normal and Gary Gulman - In this Economy are both pretty good.

Last I knew, Dave Chapelle's stuff is all up on Youtube. It will occasionally get taken down and then reuploaded, though. "Killing Them Softly" is still GOAT. Despite shitting on him earlier for devolving into political commentary in the guise of comedy, his good early stuff can be found on Youtube as well. The reason I took a chance on Anthony Jeselnik's Netflix special was because of "Shakespeare."

>Despite shitting on him earlier for devolving into political commentary in the guise of comedy, his good early stuff can be found on Youtube as well.
Oops, forgot to mention I was talking about George Carlin here.

>Who cares if he's liberal, he makes fun of everyone
>well, he does comedy the first half, and then starts political shilling, who cares? Just fucking watch his show
>Jeeze, don't you already accept that liberals are winning? Why are you such a cry baby conservative? Only conservatives complain about this kind of thing
>just suck it up and watch our guy make fun of you
>anyone who doesn't like this must be a Sup Forums nazi!

This shit got old with Stewart and Colbert, so it's extra grating now Mr. Shill.

If you didn't get banned from SA, you weren't really a member in the first place.

The "hook nose" meme is just that, a meme.

I'm an atheist and this style of "comedy" has become so fucking cringeworthy the older I get. It's as lazy as you can possibly be and takes no creativity or effort.

It's the equivalent of a [insert political affiliation] "comedian" standing up and just rephrasing "[OPPOSING POLITICAL AFFILIATION] IS STUPID!" over and over.

nothing brave about being a liberal these days, they won for the most part. why are they granola eating faggots still whining? just a bunch of self righteous bobbleheads agreeing with each other.

>projecting this hard

He's pretty obviously one of the more euro-blanda'd ashkenazis.

Jew nose is not a meme though, he just doesn't happen to have it. Not every irish person has freckles, but irish people having freckles sure as shit aint a meme.

>Sup Forums is unironically praising/defending/endorsing/shilling David Cross

Fucking kill me.

David Cross's atheism and hatred for religion comes from his extremely religious Jewish upbringing.

I'll always have a soft spot for him for endorsing necrophilia and tearing the Cable Guy a new asshole.

But his comedy sucks.

>He has different beliefs than me!
Who cares? He's funny.

Dude, I've been to Israel, Lebanon, and I've been to Egypt. I've seen shitloads of Jews and Arabs, and the Streisand noses are about the same ratio on everyone from that region. There are lots who have them, and lots who don't. It's not a Jewish feature. It's a Middle Eastern one.

It'd be like saying blonde hair is a distinctly Scandinavian feature. Yeah, shitloads of Scandinavians are blonde, but shitloads of non-Scandinavian Europeans are blondes too.

>claims its his hatred for judaism that inspired his atheist material

>>caricatures people who blame jews for doing bad things as ignorant hillbillies
>>spends all of his god bashing time on the christian and musselman versions specifically

Really makes you vey.

No no, you've got it backwards, it's:

Who gives a shit about his beliefs? He's not funny.

He claims Jewish leaders rape children in this new special, is that not edgy enough?

That makes no sense. That's like blaming extremely religious Christian upbringing for atheists from ex-Christian backgrounds.

>Guy was born into a Jewish family, but now denounces his former Judaism, is an outspoken atheist and shits all over religion constantly
>Somehow his shittiness is still blamed on Jews

God damn this board can be loathsome at times.

>seriously trying to imply that ashkenazi jews are actual semites
>has been to (*(*(*Israel)*)*)*)

Wow I file these are really thought-provoking sentiments in *THE TRASH* or *NON-ARGUMENTS*? You have elicited such percolation of my menses I just can't tell!

In case anyone was on the fence I got to about 15 minutes and there wasn't one funny joke.

I don't give a flying fuck about his beliefs. He's not funny. His jokes aren't jokes, they're proselytizations masquerading as jokes. It's the opposite of funny, and it's only funny to the people who are mindlessly clapping like seals because they agree with everything he says. They are a choir who loves to be preached to.

There are plenty of comedians I like who's beliefs I don't share. I think George Carlin was one of the greatest comedians who ever lived and I think his views on sexism were horseshit. But he still knew how to be funny and he understood what a joke was and how to deliver it.

>and tearing the Cable Guy a new asshole.

Oh you mean that whiny pansy-assed passive-aggressive "open letter" he wrote crying about him making gay jokes?

Oh yeah, he sure showed him.

>and it just becomes a platform for his political views.
Typical libercuck """"comedian""""

>I'm not familiar with David Cross
>bitch that his comedy is political
>"what a libercuck"

>conservatives never do this.

This bitching is sad

>it's another comedian uses donald trump for their netflix comedy special episode

>waaaahhh! He makes fun of conservacucks
>bitch about PC culture, when it doesn't apply to them
>get flustered like autistic babies when liberals make fun of you

Keep being a hypocritical walking meme you alt right faggots

Donald Trump is a meme, a walking meme. If you don't expect people to make fun of him, you are daft.

Self-righteousness aside, you just don't find him funny. Got it.
Calm down faggot.

I saw him on his most recent tour and there were so many walk-outs that he joked that "people think it's going to be Tobias telling jokes for some reason"

Why do so many of you bitch about "PC culture", then I make a thread about a comedian who quite literally says anything and offends everyone (who himself hates "PC") and he's STILL just a "libtard"?

Jesus fuck, nobody can appease you Sup Forums faggots.

Quran salesmen was GOAT tier & Heaven is totes for realz was great, the rest vacillated between not funny and decent

I fucking loved the making-of episode though, it got a lot of hatred for not being a real episode but it was great