What is the obsession with this show? I hear that its amazing from all its fans obviously...

What is the obsession with this show? I hear that its amazing from all its fans obviously, including my best friend who loves it. I tried watching it, and it seemed like pure autism.
Is it shit and people will laugh at anything, or have I just lost my sense of humor?

unpopular opinions thread, what are your thoughts?

A personally love Rick and Morty. It appeals to my dumbass sense of humor and carries a very heavy story line when you get into later episodes.

I would like to know what TV shows you actually like, or if you even watch TV regularly. I would also like to know what country you're from

It provides an extremely unique story concept later when they get into it. The multi dimensional aspect makes it surprisngly interesting, and the horrendous simplicity of the humor combines to make it extremely enjoyable and surprisingly funny for what it is.

>A personally
Are you a hillbilly ?

It's almost like humor is subjective.

It is more or less just a show you watch when you're hanging around with some friends getting drunk and high, it can be funny occasionally then. It's a cartoon though, so I wouldn't take it too seriously, because cartoons aren't meant to really have a point except to make you laugh and pass time.

I'm more into dramas, i'm on netflix a lot. Right now I've been watching Ripper Street. Not really into comedic shows anymore. Used to love South Park, but that was pretty much the extent, and I haven't watched it in a couple years now.
Also, am from U.S.

There is a deeper meaning to R&M, though. Sure, it is a great show to pass time or have on in the background to get high. I think of the show as a phenomenon, and it literally brings people together.

Then yes, you have lost your sense of humor.

This show is mostly just liberal propaganda and edgy teen humor. Then again, what do you expect from the garbage 'humor' channel like adult swim?

ok dane cook/ amy shuemer

We get it, you love penis

I suppose i'm not missing much then

That's basically all I took from it too, and for some reason, I feel like the same audience is the mlpfags

nope

It's a great show but it's being glommed onto by the pop culture "I fucking love science" normie audience which makes other people hate it

>liberal propaganda
Seriously? I don't care for liberals either but you're retarded

Gay show for faggots and retards, congrats you aren't a faggot or a retard

It is literally entirely BS liberal talking points. Have you ever seen the show?

>the horrendous simplicity of the humor combines to make it extremely enjoyable
show for retards confirmed

good show
extremely over rated tho

inb4 this is Justin Roiland himself baiting on Sup Forums again as discussed in the H3 podcast

It's refreshing to see a show so departed from the cookie cutter stupid patriarch hot wife cliche. So much so they even make fun of that concept. The family isn't all happy sunshine, there's real dynamic growth, and relate able concepts of simply fucking with people for the sake of fucking with people humor that feels like a masochistic schadenfreude adventure anyone who's ever driven in traffic would respect.

overrated to fuck and I forced myself to watch an episode and I didnt laugh once.

So that makes you what, better than us? At least we can get fucking shwifty, biiiiii*burp"iiitch

I watch it. I don't necessarily like it. I just like to put it on for background noise when I get high.

Having international fame doesn't make it over-rated.

Explain

Yeah it does make me better than you retard faggot

Rick and Morty is Family Guy with spaceships. You all need to grow up.

what show is good then?

if you think it's autistic, you sir, are the autist.

>Implying family guy isn't good

>tipping intensifies

found the sixteen year old

Compared to everything else on tv it's pure genius. That's more of a statement on how bad tv is now than a statement of how good the show is.

The main (?) characters from cover look retarded to me, never watched this cartoon before and don't plan to.

The stupid fucking dumbass storyline is dumb as fuck. It's the worst part about the show and it was obviously a second thought after the first season.

Stop being a fucking cuck. Rick living a life of debauchery is hardly liberal propaganda.

I was against this show for a long time. Couldn't understand the autism. Especially the first episode. Stick with it and it becomes the best show I've watched in a long while.. the autism shifts somehow

such as?
are you comparing it to other comedies? or do you just mean tv in general?

Haven't even watched this childish shit and never would.

ITT: socially retarded manchildren defending their 'story concepts' and 'humor'

Also all these humor is subject autistic don't get it dude. Ignore them

I think it revolves more around action and plot than the comedy. Sure, it has some funny moments but to me that's not the strongest point. I think it's the best show on [as] besides Eric Andre, and it's much better than anything by Seth Macfarlane. To me if you want a good, smart adult cartoon watch Archer.

I couldn't think of anything worse to do while smoking and drinking than watching a boring cartoon with autists.

Holy fuck your autism seeped through my screen.

TV in general.

ITT: Bronies 2.0

>hasnt seen it
> has an opinion about its quality and merit

Rick and Morty or alternatively ''im too cool for the Simpsons''

>watch a show where someone get cucked
>call people cuck

TOP KECK

Plenty of good shows out there, and you think Rick and Morty is at the top?? lol

Just watched season 1 of Rick and Morty. It's proper autism. People only watch it to reinforce the fact that they smoke weed. I haven't a clue why it's referenced in memes. I waited for ages for a joke but all I got was some Maggie Simpson looking faggot with a Unibrow burping.

First season is pretty damn good then it gets emotional bullshit

I think it's alright. I mainly just watch it for the crazy universes and weird shit the characters get themselves into.

Occasionally it'll make me chuckle.

Adult swim is one of the pioneers of comedy in the 21st century

Go eat a bag of dicks, donkeyfucker!

Honestly it's not the worst shit to watch. There are some cringe as fuck unfunny parts, though. Overall it's an earned 7/10 rating.

Obvious hatred towards the government, bureaucracy and stupid rules. I would call this show libertarian, minus the inconcideration towards other peoples property.

yeah, Jerry. I don't think their goal was for anyone to actually LIKE Jerry. He's a cuck but that's seriously the least of his issues. He's probably the kind of guy who would go on Sup Forums to feel edgy about shitting on something when he could be looking for a job.

Don't be defensive about it I don't really care about your favorite show

I don't know, if you're lookin for a riveting cerebral story, then you're probably not going to like it. But I enjoy the cynicism, or I guess it would be existentialism, and the ridiculous plots and locations. Real life is really shitty most of the time, and it's nice to see something that's nothing like it.

checked

I love the show too, but the story line isn't all that heavy, it's just dramatic.

My thoughts are that your loved ones hates you and your existence is irrelevant to anyone's and everyone's happiness.

i like how people put so much meaning into it rather than understanding its just a stupid burp and fart show... they understand the words and some are big words so they think its really smart too... it really is just jerking itself off most of the time.. it really isn't worth watching... i have never been able to watch an episode more than once which is the mark of shit shows... people who like this have probably seen most of, if not all of Friends on NBC

I actually like Jerry, and I feel really bad for him. He's a man who just wants to live a normal life with a good wife, and was never given a chance. Mostly because his wife is a huge dumb bitch.

That's all true, and it's super annoying. I always have to listen to this cringester at work talk about how intelligent he is because he truly understands the show, and it's SO FUCKING ANNOYING! It's a good show that means nothing.

>getting this mad over a cartoon

Get out of my personal space cronenburg

Its just not for you..

Thats all there is to it.

i don't see what ts doing much different than ATHF to be honest family

>KECK
ahhh new fag

I enjoy watching it, I know it's not perfect. Fuck You

Very annoying show catered to edgy millennials who think they're smarter than everyone else.

It's popular so we have to hate it no matter how good it is

Case in point

>I tried watching it, and it seemed like pure autism.

That's what makes it great, are you too stupid to realize that?

Bait is strong. It's a decent show. It's not made badly. They just need to lower the studdering

>your thoughts?
BRING BACK MCDONALD'S SZECHUAN DIPPING SAUCE!

>studdering
Learn how to spell faggot

cynical humor is an acquired taste

It goes deeper than you can comprehend, and you're using autism wrong.

The stutter is Roiland's trade mark, and while I agree it can be excessive it can also be hilarious if done right, like the characters don't even know why they're saying the things they do.

I love the meta aspect of the shows characters and plot. I've never heard audio of someone cheesing during an adlib in a mainstream cartoon. Plus the marketing campaign is on point. Hence the mass appeal..

I guess I just don't fall on the spectrum

I've been here since 09, seen plenty of fucked up shit. Been a cynic for quite some time. Still don't see the appeal.

I hated it for the longest time, too.

But one day, my friend who had never actually seen any of it asked if we wanted to try watching it. I was out of stuff I liked to watch, so I thought Fuck It, and said yeah.

I dunno what to tell you, other than... It gets good.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. I personally like Rick and Morty but I'm not fanatic about it like some people. What it do

>reinforce the fact that they smoke weed
How? There is no weed in the show. At least not season 1 and 2 (haven't seen 3)

Very nice

All these losers hating on a tv show. What shows do you like?