Name ONE decent horror movie

Name ONE decent horror movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0w0PPj-b3TQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Descent

I'd call you a faggot but OP did say 'decent' so I guess you're fine.

Good fucking timing, OP. No idea of what to do with my day.

Since we're suggesting spic shit; I suggest this one if you can find it subbed.
It's not as "scary" as in just kinda fucked up and possessing good atmosphere. The ghost is not really threatening at any point, it just exists and sometimes does shit.

>drops mic

also:
the witch
the babadook
goodnight mommy
it follows

also: low quality bait

MARTYRS

The Day After or Threads. Its a different type of horror honestly but i'm pretty sure you'll like them especially given the current international situation with the US and Russia. They are both on YouTube in case you want to watch them.

Freaks

Don't look now

Suspiria

Wolf creek

First one not the Hollywood shit tier second one

Beat me to it. Best.

Housebound

in the mouth of madness

event horizon

antichrist

AM1200

eraserhead

the house at the end of time

the vanishing

audition

the loved ones

marebito

the host

the wailing

the canal

the witch

I enjoyed that. The book is awesome, although it has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

I was pretty happy with The Descent. The beginning made me expect a shitty movie but it was good. Especially the one ending where she's still stuck in the cave. /spoiler

to clarify:

the host (2006)
the host (2013) is unintetional horror...

the korean host is what i meant

Exte: Hair Extensions

also i could make a god-tier horror movie list

been watching a lot of foreign ones lately since i've pretty much seen all the english ones/obscure indie ones

The Grudge. First invasion of the body snatchers.

You literally just posted one.

There was a sequel, but I don't remember much about it.
There was also that other similar movie that came out at the same time, think it was called the Cave. Not terrible.
I'm a sucker for anything horror related to caves or scuba diving. If you want something short and enjoyable, read Midnight's Lair by Richard Laymon.

not really a horror movie since it's real.

The Grifter

Give me a few good english ones to watch tonight. your favs.

Fuck man don't remind me :(

I know it's not really horror, but I'm a big fan of The Cabin in the Woods. The first half was stereotypical 80's horror at least.

Hey op, you think V/H/S Viral 2 ill be released anytime soon? I have been a fan of V/H/S since it's inception.

"Session 9" scared the shit out of me mentally. Seemed a little realistic.

John Carpenter's The Thing.

OP is a fag

/thread

I swear to God this post better be bait, babadook was God awful

? The conjuring is fucking great, doesnt follow the bullshit jumpscare routine like every other horror movie now

50 First Dates

>babadook was God awful
baba you are God aweful

What makes a horror movie decent? If it scares you? The plot? Acting? I mean fuck man, I've sat through too many movies that jerk themselves to a bittersweet and usually visible ending. Much like cinema in general, the horror genre is an ocean of trash with the occasional patch of fresh water.

Shit tier
Mediocre, and vhs is fucking gay bullshit.

much like the pacific.

is that horror?

I kept hearing so much good stuff about it, and being an aus fag it was only natursl that i watched it, fucking terrible, boring, not scary and i wanted to knock that fucking autistic kids teeth out, especially when he was screaming in the car

Yes m9

This is true. My basis is decent acting, whether or not I see the jump scares coming if they have them, how intriguing I find the story, how good the effects are, ect.

psycho

my life.

28 days later

I love this film

kek'd

This

Kek underrated

this

also:
Ravenous
I Spit on your Grave
Phantasm
The Stuff

These are god tier, came to post them, not disappointed

Protit: don't trust Sup Forums's taste in horro movies, 80-90% are shit. But those two I approve

>true horror
>Diary of a Wimpy kid

Antichrist with Willem Dafoe

Good choice Sup Forumsro, I can't think of a better horror film, in the most traditional sense.

Cabin in the Woods is "scary movie" tier, piece of shit

The best horror movie. But being an atheist, it doesn't scare me as much as I wish it would.

babadook
silent hill (sorta)
sauna
a fuckton of foreign film in general (few 'muricans can do horror)

None of you faggots don't know what real horror is

>The best horror movie. But being an autist, it doesn't scare me as much as I wish it would.

I fixed that for you

Gone Girl...Scared me more then any other film in my life..but god that psycho bitch so hot....nutted so hard to a loop of her with the champagne bottle

I endorse this, babadook was hyped as fuck and is a piece of shit

The same goes for it follows, fucking scooby doo horror tier

A Serbian Film

The Babadook just wasn't scary. And there was no pay off with the kid, I wanted him to die so bad.

it was really scary when i was 9-13
now is just a movie

That's suspense, not horror. But good movie nonetheless.

The night I saw babadook my cat decided to run around on my hard wood floors and make death metal screams in the middle of the night

conjuring is most recent horror movie I saw that was good. The sequel not as much.

Invasion of the body snatchers

Grave encounters

Is not that is horror is more of a you can't leave and being stuck in the building with no way out

This movie fucked with me a bit

Was pretty gud to me, might have more of an effect if you're kinda claustrophobic.

I waited for the full length for anything to happen. When it ended all I could think was "is that it?"

Too meta and symbolic for my taste, I like my stories more straightforward

Adding to this
Only the first one
Second one was shit

The Fog (1980) It's campy, has horrific elements, decent plot, the threat is horrifying, soundtrack is good and is good for all ages.

The Descent

A Serbian Film isn't a horror movie, it's just disturbing.

Last horror movies I watched was 31. Thought it was pretty good. Standard Rob Zombies stuff. Overall movie is predictable but a fun watch.

At first I was pissed off they were remaking one of my most favourite horror films... was really pleasantly surprised!
They took out all the comedy elements and just went for straight up horror and it wasn't even bad, it was really fucking good, and I'm PICKY AS FUCK with modern horror films.

CITW is a must-watch if you're in any way a Joss Whedon fan. It's not at all on the "Scary Movie" tier, but it definitely tries to incorporate the elements of stereotypical horror while being funny about it, so sorta like "Scream" but not really going for true horror in the end, but more Joss Whedon style of sci-fi weirdness.

In other words it's pretty much what you'd expect Joss Whedon's take on horror to be, and it doesn't disappoint in that regard.

I saw a cool suspense movie months ago. I think it was German, maybe? Something about Crocodile Manor or something? I forget the title. Any help?

I didn't even think of that, but yeah, definitely Silent Hill. I didn't really get all that scared, but it was really good. The second one was absolute shit though, and there's no reason why Sean Bean couldn't have died.

I thought the main actress was 16 in this film; she was 35.

Repeatedly coming back to Sup Forums every day

>the vanishing

american detected

This thread is weird though because it's all subjective. Some people like the Babadook or Lords of Salem and others hate The Thing or The Shining. And some just say "it wasn't scary therefore it's a bad movie" when you have to consider what the movie's trying to say. Horror is a very difficult thing to portray and pull off and you could technically cheat and jumpscare but that doesn't actually represent a "good" horror movie.

New IT looks promising

OH WAH AH AH AH

I love this movie. And that part where the bitch licks the box cutter still freaks me the fuck out!

Just downloaded this. Did I make a good choice?

Evil Dead 2

this
youtube.com/watch?v=0w0PPj-b3TQ

The original version of [REC]

horrific indeed

Pfft

Do Event Horizon and Eraserhead really qualify as horror movies though?

Jump scares aren't really horror because they don't scare, they startle. Startling is like sneezing. A reaction.

The Vanishing on 7th Street

It is labeled as a post-apocalyptic thriller but it has plenty of horror elements. Felt it was underrated by critics and it was seen by almost no one. Good 7.5/10 movie

yeah, but the bad guy looks like a fucking clown

Not only is this a great horror movie, but also one of the most underrated movies I've seen