Why was this even on Adult Swim?

Why was this even on Adult Swim?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jr50So-zu1M
youtube.com/watch?v=8uaaF83eVig
youtube.com/watch?v=-IBA1RbABHg
strawpoll.me/10924486/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

coach mcjerk was pretty funny, even the blue clothes kid and his mom wasnt bad. the other two kids ruined it tho

This was literally just an obnoxious kids show though

>doesn't even know the main characters names

Do you guys remember upn

brendan and i cant spell mcgerk

Pleb Filter: The Show

they said both fuck and shit once

adult swim wasn't always about edgy shit, it was mainly for cartoons that were slightly too adult/subtle for Cartoon Network. Home Movies, Space Ghost, Sealab to name a few

home movies was amazing why shouldn't it have been on AS?

Space Ghost had been on cartoon network for years before adult swim.

Williams street was in charge programming for toonami among other things. They had literally zero ratings during those late hours and had nothing to lose by producing a couple of cheap shows that reuse old animations and characters from their hannah barbara catalogue, and a handful of animated tv shows that never really found and audience.

because it was a simpler time. not everyone was trying to out-edge each other.

I still wonder why all the characters wore footy pajamas though

youtube.com/watch?v=jr50So-zu1M

This.

Home movies is comfy as fuck, reminds me of my childhood hanging out with my friends.

Tha episode where melissa sells scout cookies is hilarious

>melissa, you took no for an answer
>But what if they call the cops?
>so, what are they gonna do?

The Episode with the play and Mcgurk is in the car and cant get out will never forget

>AND I'LL RACE

Fuck you OP, cocksmoking faggot

The animation budget was 12 bucks an episode.

HE IS FRANZ KAFKA
FRANZ KAFKA

youtube.com/watch?v=8uaaF83eVig

Holy shit, really?

Did they though?

Not gonna lie I sing this in the shower some time
youtube.com/watch?v=-IBA1RbABHg

Seriously is there a fucking comfier show in existence? I mean goddamn

why don't they just do that again but with an actually good concept?

I think it was in the later seasons. There was even an episode about a curse jar.

adult swim takes chances on weird shit all the time

they picked up this, sam hyde, tim and eric, xavier renegade angel, 12 oz mouse, all this goofy or subversive shit no other network would dare air

That show sucked dick
Thank god they don't show it anymore

Home Movies was one of the defining shows of AS. What are you 12 or something?

um jason was dat nukka

Vote on the classic CN poll

strawpoll.me/10924486/r

Well I've been watching Adult Swim regularly for over 5 years now and I've never seen it aired once. Hell, nobody even mentions it outside of a few people here on Sup Forums or Sup Forums. I didn't even realize it existed until last year.

Also I'm 20, not 12

>I've been watching Adult Swim regularly for over 5 years now

You're not really being serious, are you? AS turned to shit before 5 years ago.

adult swim has historically shown tons of weird shit. i don't know how they're getting away with eric andre right now. try airing a new show thats like evangelion or xavier and see how well sjws take it

If you don't like Home Movies it means you're not very smart. Which is fine, that's not your fault. Just saying.

>Also I'm 20, not 12
No difference. It seems that if you were born in 1995 or later, you automatically don't know/can't appreciate anything classic.

because adult swim used to have standards

The Drinky Crow Show is the most underrated AS show of all time. Home Movies is generally recognized as one of the best.

It turned to shit when they decided to save money by putting shitty live action on a CARTOON channel; now people just think it's normal, not to mention getting rid of anime every night and just repeating the same 3 hour block of MacFarlane garbage.

It used to be a place for innovative and experimental adult oriented animation.

Cowboy bebop was the best. Its 2016, Sup Forums can admit it now.

Cowboy Bebop wasn't an AS show, just because it happened to be on AS.

When was the last time adult swim even aired this or any of the original 2001 era shows?

This. The best [as] show is a tie between Sealab and ATHF.

Second season Sealab went way downhill, and ATHF was really hit or miss, and often hard to watch sober.

Home Movies, Squidbillies, Drinky Crow, and Super Jail are probably my top favorites.

Because based Goz died. RIP in peace.

Bong here. In the US I saw a cartoon/ animated series advertised about a family of sea creatures who are trying to live after the post apocalypse.

It wasn't Squidbillies. Ring any bells?

>Don’t kill children
Don’t run them over
>Let them live their life
Let them get older

There's a Futurama episode where the SE coast sunk into the ocean and everyone mutated into mermaids and were living in the ruins of Atlanta.

That episode was on comedy central a few hours ago

Harvey Birdman - 2015
Sealab 2021 - 2015
Aqua Teen - every night
Brak Show - 2013
Space Ghost - 2014
Home Movies - 2010
Cowboy Bebop - 2015
The Oblongs - 2016
Mission Hill - 2011
Baby Blues - 2011

Home Movies is too tame and not edgy enough for the kind of network AS has become. Nowadays, even their lowest rated TV-PG shows can say "dick" and "asshole" and "goddamn" uncensored and their TV-MA are expected to be chockfull of as much heavy profanity, gratuitous sexual content/innuendo, and gross-out graphic violence and gore as it's humanly possible to cram into an 11 or 22 minute show.

there is a difference between nothing and overdoing it

Exactly, but Adult Swim has a tendency to lean towards Mr. Pickles type programming rather than Home Movies.

>Also I'm 20, not 12

b8 or no b8

my brain just imploded either that was the greatest b8 of all time or you are truly a 12 year old

Damn. Poor HM :(

I don't get why Lazzo hates it now and the rest of AS management pretends it never existed.

Have all 4 seasons on Boxset DVDs with bonus soundtrack.

Pretty good show.

>coach mcjerk was pretty funny, even the blue clothes kid and his mom wasnt bad. the other two kids ruined it tho

Op is confirmed faggot and Home Movies was fun as hell. Did the woman who voiced Melissa do anything else? I heard she did some other job on the show and got the part because they couldn't find anyone better.

What was your favorite episode? Mine was when McGuirk's pecs blew up, I fucking couldn't stop laughing

FAT GUY IS TAKING MY MONEY NOW
FAT GUY IS TAKING MY MONEY NOW
FAT SO
FAT SO
YOU GOTTA LOSE SOME WEIGHT
YOU GOTTA LOSE SOME WEIGHT