Hey Sup Forums. I want to try PC gaming after playing on consoles for my entire life...

Hey Sup Forums. I want to try PC gaming after playing on consoles for my entire life, and I want no compromises on my build. I have a $4000 budget.
pcpartpicker.com/list/rP8Rhq

Other urls found in this thread:

crucial.com/usa/en/ble2k8g4d34aeeak
pcpartpicker.com/list/rP8Rhq
pcpartpicker.com/list/9YRTRG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

www.logicalincrements.com

The only thing i could see being bad in that build is the WiFi adapter. Cheap ones could go bad quickly. Hopefully yours lasts longer

what a fucking ugly case

get a good corasir or a nzxt

You don't need windows 10 pro

Me being serious now. And everything I'm saying is just my OPINION.

A. Unless you're overclocking a liquid cooler isn't necessary. A CM Evo 212 would be just fine.

B. The i7 is for benchmarks, you only need an i5 for gaming. Or you could even look at going Ryzen.

C. Dump the wireless adapter and buy a REALLY long ethernet cable.

D. Get rid of the wireless mouse and controller.

Other than that it looks good. And don't take crap about the case, the Enthoo Pro is a solid case of the money.

I will overclock. Is the cooler really overkill?

> no compromises
> $4000 computer

wat

your name begins with "R".

Not if you're overclocking. I just recommend the Evo 212 because its a cost effective air cooler. I have no experience with water coolers.

My only other concern is the 4TB HDD. The more platters an HDD has the more likely that it will crash. Personally I think you could get away with just the SSD but that's just me.

Anway, GOTO logicalincrements.com. Trust me.

Enthoo Pro is a nice case, very easy to build in, but you don't need something that big. It's fucking huge.

Similar to mine

IMHO, much the like AK, a PC works best when the parts are given as much room as possible.

get a better keyboard.

Like?

Unicomp Ultra Classic. Its a copy of the IBM Model M.

get a cm storm trooper op. it's an amazing case

Use iMac as your monitor

I don't disagree with that. Except if he does do liquid cooling on the cpu that argument is less effective. And for a single gpu and only 2 storage drives, he is going to have a ton of wasted space. Really should consider dropping down to mATX and getting a more reasonable case.

I'd recommend game one headset for home use, better sound.

Unicomp is great but for gaming I'd recommend cherry mx red switches.

For coding I use a das with blues atm.

Can't believe they want 100 bucks for a non mechanical. What a fucking meme.

>"Le i5 is enough for gayming" meme
Is it 2005?

Browns are ok too, nice comprise

...I want no compromises"...
SO much wrong, where to begin ...
MSI mainboard, while usually solid as a rock, they're not usually the fastest
Corsair memory, it's trash, everyone I've known IRL who has used it, regretted it, always died, but got replaced under warranty so that's a plus
I guess
1x 1TB SSD, why not 4x 256GB in Raid0
Choosing a 1080ti, why not go for the fastest ... the Titan XP or well since this is a no compromise build, get 2+ in SLI, at the very least get 2+ 1080 ti in SLI
I like your choice of PSU ...
Just my opinion, from personal experience

I just love the sound of an old fashioned bent spring keyboard.

That's why I also recommended the Ryzen. Besides its just my opinion, I could be WRONG.

Touche. Trouble is OP is using a 280mm cooler, so that leaves out a lot of cases. Personally I would skip the overclocking and use a CM Evo 212 with a HAF 912.

Don't use a "gaming headset," just get some open back monitor headphones and a decent amp/dac. Then get a decent desktop mic. As for gaming on PC, I personally built a PC in November and haven't touched my PS4 since.

IDK how the TP-Link wireless networking products are, but their wired networking switches are great from my experience, fast as hell and no issues

Ryzen or i7 is minimum for any "new" build now imo. Bf1, for example, will max out your i5 so good luck pushing past 70-80 fps. Just a sign of the shift toward cores/hertz. I personally run a 5820k @ 4.5ghz, so I think both are important. I just don't understand guys buying $6-700 gpus to match with their $150 cpu.

What about Kingston HyperX?

Or Ripjaw

Kingston makes decent memory, I prefer Crucial

IDK, no experience with G.Skill ...

But all their 16GB memory DDR4-2666

>But all their 16GB memory DDR4-2666

crucial.com/usa/en/ble2k8g4d34aeeak
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3466

I'm a big proponent of avoiding stock coolers on graphics cards, OP... definitely look into custom variants, I'd recommend waiting for a hybrid card to come out for 1080 Ti (what I am doing) unless you want to be hearing the whirr of your gpu most of the time

>Change mouse to one with an optical sensor. Laser mouses suck
>the keyboard you picked out is $100 and not even mechanical lul.
>get a good pair of headphones and a separate mic. Headsets are trash.
>those speakers suck

I use crucial also, though G.skill has gotten very good these past few years, they're a solid bet as well.

Also OP, you might want to consider getting 2 2TB caviar blacks. 4TB is a lot of data to shove onto one spinning drive, if a platter goes bad you lose it all. Though if your set on a single large hdd, atleast go for the 5TB, its only $10 more.

>mouses

hnnnnggggnnnhhhh

This, reference cards are shit.

>no compromises on my build.
> $4000 budget.

You are going to have to make some compromises with that low of budget

No compromises would be 12k

you need to research it yourself you wont know how to put it all together just get a pre built one and go on from there

Get a smaller SSD and get rid of the liquid cooling and get a 8 core i7 processor and then it would be a beast

OP should get 4x 256GB SSDs in Raid0 and 4x 2TB WD Red HDDs in Raid10 (or Raid0+1) for storage and backup of the 4x 256GB SSD Raid0 array.

I built my first computer last summer.

Processor:
alright so a kaby lake i7 is a little overkill. some people might disagree but an i5 will do everything you are looking for. we are talking MAYBE a 2-3 fps difference. The only justification for an i7 is video editing and simulation (and a lot of it.).

cooler:
A liquid cooler is nice but in all honesty a nice fan cooler will do fine for anything but the most extreme overclocks (which will likely shorten your chips life a bit more than a minor overclock). A lot of people will recommend the 212 evo, but there are better (and quieter) options with some research. A liquid cooler will be pretty quiet though, and might be worth the extra money for that, and they look cool.

motherboard:
Most motherboards are pretty much the same. I fell into the trap of looking into specifics when building mine and you could probably save a few bucks on that. A good price range is ~$170 -230 for a good quality one. I think i got mine on sale for closer to 150.

ram:
Your RAM looks alright. You could probably save 30 or 40 bucks on that. RAM is RAM and you are paying for the corsair brand there. Pick the one where you like the way it looks. The clockspeed and latency balance out so you wont get a benefit 2400 vs 3000 vs etc. on RAM.

storage:
You don't need that much storage unless you are a movie hording video editor that never deletes anything and saves every image he ever sees.
The OS will take less than 80 gb at the most, and I only recommend putting a that and a few games that you are currently playing a lot on the ssd, maybe a few other things. Movies and everything else can go on the regular hard drive since they don't require crazy loading times.
By the time you fill up that storage space your drives will have crashed and been replaced, so go a little smaller and buy more if you need imo.

I recommend a good Corsair keyboard with Cherry MX Reds or Browns (Blues if you really want) and the Logitech Proteus Spectrum mouse gets a thumbs up from me

gfx card:
dont get a founders edition. The blower style cooling is loud and inefficient (the card gets hotter: dies faster).
Wait for a gigabyte or MSI or evga open fan version (non founders ed.) of the card with the open fans to get back in stock, it is worth it.

case:
A case is a case. If it has good reviews it is probably good. I got the nzxt s340 (matte black one) and i don't regret it, great cable management and tons of space and a window.

power supply:
get an evga supernova or a corsair RMx (

Internet:
for the love of all that is holy do not get a wireless adapter. Figure out a way to get that Ethernet cord from your computer to your router. That is your only option. Get. That. Cord. To. Attach. To. Your. Router. Renovate your house if you need to.
(I have heard of a wifi adapter thingy that puts the signal though your house's electrical wiring, letting you connect the router to the electric plug to another electric plug to a computer. look it up)

monitor:
looks good to me. 27" is on the limit of what is "too big," but that is more personal preference. Have you looked into g-sync? flicker free monitors? monitors with built in low blue light filtering? check it out, there is a lot of variety in gaming monitors.

keyboard:
didn't look at your keyboard but get cherry mx keys. research the types. (that razor keyboard probably has knockoff cherrys, take that as you will)

mouse:
get a wired mouse. please.

since you seem to not understand the whole wireless thing, it takes time to change a signal to wireless and back again, adding latency (extra time to your inputs). just get a razor deathadder.

Headset:
If you are cool you would get a separate microphone and audiophile headphones.

Speakers:
okay.

controller:
get a wired controller. 360 controller will work fine.

I realize you want to be high end not holds bared on this build, but you could save hundreds of dollars (spend it on games or gamerz fuel bro) and only miss a few (single digits) fps at the most on a few games.

>this crashes the ssd

4k budget lol.
Build a badass rig yourself for 1k or less and save the money u fool.
Shit's gonna be outdated in a year no matter what u buy only a dumbfuck would spend 4k on a computer.

Get an actual fucking mechanical keyboard. Razer is fucking garbage. Get a Corsair Keyboard Mr moneybags.

this thread should help you on Sup Forums

How does that crash a SSD? All 4 of my gaming boxes have SSDs in raid 0, all 6 of my servers have 4 to 12 SSDs in Raid10 ...

>pcpartpicker.com/list/rP8Rhq
intle
Msi.....
worst
case
ever
0/10
wouldn't buy

raid is is stupid fast yes, but it drastically increases the failure chances of your drives. It has it's uses but OP is clearly not a computer connoisseur. He want to build it than forget about replacing parts and upgrading for a while.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9YRTRG
RGB cancer ftw

stay with consoles, your to stupid to build your own pc, and youll just become a pc cancer we dont want.
gl being lazy and purchasing an alienware that will fry itself in 4 months.
kill yourself

>none oc graphics card
>16gb ram

Surprised you didn't go with the 7700 locked

W7 or kys