Suicide Squad won't get approval for Chinese theaters

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-get-china-release-917206

That's a huge bummer given how big the Chinese box office is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE
youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
squadyourself.suicidesquad.com/intl/tw/#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not surprisingly, Warner Bros. tweaked Suicide Squad's local-language title. In Chinese, it's "X特遣队," which translates to "Special Task Force X" (X marks the suicide, it would seem). Many have wondered whether the movie's dark and anarchic tone would still rub the censors the wrong way, though
>dark and anarchic tone
Chinese are fags jesus christ.

HAHAHAHAHA
Joke's on them!!!!!

Meh it will still make a lot money. Is there any competition for the next few months?

There goes that 800 million dollar peak.

Deadpool still did 700 million without China, but that was actually a good film that got repeat business.

This is going to top out at like 500 mil. I guess it's not a total failure or anything, but imagine if they had actually decided to just the filmmaker make the fucking film and it was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c

that's too hard for WB..or Fox, or Sony

deadpool actually a good film LOOOOOOOOOOL

I FOUND THE UNDERAGE KID !!!

It has margot robbie half naked with the joker it will make 500 million

there's literally a Chinese version of the website for the movie
squadyourself.suicidesquad.com/intl/tw/#/

did they not go over this with the chinese before now?

what joker his in the movie for 7 mins u dumb nigger

They don't allow their population to see anything that might make them think subversive thoughts. They also heavily censor imagery related to death. They don't allow portrayals of corpses or skeletons. China is not a free country user.

I'm not underage.

I actually expected Deadpool to be cringe worthy.

And while it was cheap and nasty looking, I was pleasantly surprised at how well written it was (despite every joke being reddit tier) and how good the cast chemistry was.

It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was like a solid big budget 90's flick that at least has a really solid script, good casting and is paced well.

When you compare that to the majority of large budget capeshit, it's a great film.

This year alone we've had Captain America: Civil War which was as painfully boring and lazily slapped together as the Avengers films, and Batman Vs. Superman which has god tier production values for a film that at times, and I say this with no hyperbole, approaches The Room or Troll 2 in terms of quality.

Deadpool's quality should be the standard baseline for a studio production. If they can't even hit that benchmark, it's no wonder the box office is struggling this year.

tl;dr

It's always a crap shoot.

This isn't being "banned" per se, but they also probably don't see the box office potential for it.

It's too early to tell as well, as I think the only film strictly released in China for the Summer season this year was Tarzan, as usually they have a limit on the number of slots available for foreign films, but because the box office was slumping a bit, the government said they could have Tarzan included.

It's a really weird system, similar to Korea's (where Suicide Squad opened huge).

Prove it.

didn't read faggot ! also stop watching shit movies !

Sounds like a fun place to live.

You might as well be trying to convince a plant

>lol
yeah found the kid

>Deadpool is bad but Suicide Squad isn't

>LOOOOOOOOOOL
>I FOUND THE UNDERAGE KID !!!
found the kid. mods pls

>torpedoing Ghostbusters 16's box office
>torpedoing Suicide Squad's box office
Is China turning around?

There goes any chance of getting a decent rip to watch online

>no china money

Confirmed failure.

>dark an anarchic tone

AKA nigger lead.

There's nothing dark or anarchic about that turd.