/who/ - Doctor Who General

Allegories edition
Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

obversebooks.co.uk/product/a-target-for-tommy/
pseudoscopepublishing.com/timeshadows/
clara-is-brave.tumblr.com/post/148456735343/three-years-ago-today-peter-capaldi-was-announced
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more like dr poo

quality thread

dont you mean allergies?

First for ZA IS NO LEADER

Cats have spikes on their penises. Must have been extremely painful for her.

Tonight's the Olympics ceremony right? Why didn't they have him carry a torch in 2012?

Using the actual Olympics to recreate Fear Her would possibly be the worst idea ever, and also it would involve snubbing Matt who was the actual incumbent Doctor.

Haha! Cat dander.
No budget for crest white strips and Matt smith did, being the doctor at the time. There's no reason for the olympic committee to think about doctor who continuity.

Wait Fear Her is supposed to be 2012? Kekkerino.

Yep. One imagines the opening ceremony would have gone very differently if everyone had vanished.

Anyone want me to reupload old stories to MEGA? I'm considering restarting the whole thing.

No. It would have been great. And it was 10 in 2012 in the episode so it makes sense.

Yes yes yes
Your collection of obscura was unparalleled

Obscura what

>And it was 10 in 2012 in the episode so it makes sense.
I obviously know that, I'm telling you it doesn't matter.
10 carrying the Olympic torch while a BBC announcer cums himself is a scene that would be far better left forgotten by everyone. Dredging up someone who no longer played the Doctor in order to do a half-assed tribute to a terrible scene in a terrible episode (note it wouldn't have been accurate to the episode, at best he'd be running in some random street somewhere wearing an olympics shirt), when the actual current Doctor was available, would have been an utterly horrible idea.

>still no series 10

fuck this show

First for best Faction

I don't think that's a cat.

just look at its hands and ears. Clearly feline

Do you have any of the fan anthologies?

Since I'm kind of stupid, I'm assuming you mean things like Seasons of War, maybe others. I've got SoW.

No that's a dog.

Upload pls

When I find the file, you got it.

Thanks, but I have Seasons.

Do you have this: obversebooks.co.uk/product/a-target-for-tommy/

Or this: pseudoscopepublishing.com/timeshadows/

Seriously, I want someone to buy one of those, so they can put it on the MEGA without me feeling like I took away a sale.

It's in the Time War Mega.
also nice trips

You're beautiful. Did you do that one gif of him saying something emotion? I laughed for days

I don't have those. I've focused mainly on audios and the show. Also, I fucking lost my download for SoW. Good thing I bought the physical novel.

You wonderful person, you! Could you possibly put all of your "originals" into a mega or dropbox or something? I have many, but I want them all. They belong in the wiki museum.

If it's any consolation, there's a spin-off series called 'Class' starting this Autumn.

Why don't you buy it yourself

Also I fully intend on attending my next local comic-con and would like to attend a signing, I don't know who the guests might be, but I'd like to have them sign on of your pictures. Is this a bad idea? Would you personally have a problem with this? Barrowman is probably most likely to be a guest. Do you have any notable shops of him?

It is not organized that the files are not collected.

I'm going to the Tampa ComicCon on Sunday. Just found out that Jenna is going to be there tomorrow but not Sunday. Too late to reorganize plans now. For someone who's finally an official adult, life sure seems pretty restricted.

That's too bad. I guess i'll have to spend some time on 4plebs.
That sucks, I missed the panels and signings of the last one I went to. I'm determined to meet someone this next go around. Though if it's Jenna I'll probably decline, I'd spill enough spaghetti over the actors that I don't think are painfully pretty. Still pretty fun, watching cosplayers and drooling over the merchandise. The crowds were a little scary.
Thank you

They charge for autographs. Even if you bring your own. Even if Barrowman may have the hots for you.

i love you toomany

I'm aware. I think wizard world has a flat fee for package deals and may have autograph package. No matter though, it's not like I'm going to sell it on ebay to fund my stalking, er set reporting. Whatever the cost is it's for my own personal collection, and maybe /who/'s fleeting amusement. Also John also doesn't seem like he'd be into bears and if I were gay i'd definitely be in that category, so my attempts of seducing him for an autograph would be futile. I wish I could get him to sign the Never Forget HM threadlet pic

>watching the first Doctor Who Confidential episode of series 2
>they show scenes from every past regeneration/new Doctor story except the tv movie
Even DWC snubs McGann :^(

My money's really tight right now.

He looks like the BFG.

Just finished rewatching series 1. God damn. I really can't shake the feeling that Doctor Who has never been quite this good since. It's so fun but also serious and when things get hype they get hype as fuck. And there are no shit episodes in series 1, only slightly below average episodes with a few off-putting moments but still packed with great scenes and cool ideas. Nothing like the unwatchable messes of The Doctor's Daughter or Let's Kill Hitler. Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper are both excellent and work well together and then it gets even more fun when Captain Jack shows up. What a great show. Bravo RTD.

>tfw NO ONE will ever love you like a tumbrina loves Peter Capaldi

clara-is-brave.tumblr.com/post/148456735343/three-years-ago-today-peter-capaldi-was-announced

They like him? But he's a fucking white male.

What episode is that from?

Wake up /who/.

Captain Jack was a pretty neat trick. By casually introducing a new companion halfway through the season they set a precedent that this is something the show does, so when they introduce Lynda in the season finale you assume she's going to join, making her final fate much more surprising.
nowadays they regularly try to repeat that, like RIta in God Complex, but it never really works imo.

>but it never really works imo.
Probably because we've never really had companions casually joining mid-season since.

Do you think it's possible to make a surprise with all those spoilerhounds around?

How long do you think the new companion is going to last?

Oswin in Asylum of the Daleks springs to mind.

That was different. We knew Clara is cast, but it was surprising she didn't join just yet. How many fakes like this can you do?

splink

this is you

What, you lost fat lesbian picture?

THIS is YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=5tGsjayZcUA

There really is something special about series 1, it's probably the season with the most consistent quality of all of them. The Empty Child two parter is my favourite story bar none.

It's depressing that Eccles is likely never gonna return to the role in any form because he was so good.

>tfw shitposting /who/ in the wee hours of the morning

>I finally understand why that fanfic was problematic
>53:01

what other doctor whos have made this face?

They probably didn't have the rights to show it

she's a big girl

1 season exactly. They said they had a very specific tale to tell with her. If Chibby isn't getting a new Doctor he should at least be able to pick a new compaƱero.

>it's probably the season with the most consistent quality of all of them.
I really hope Chibby does start a writer's room and bring back that effect. I don't really have trust in him to run the show by himself while maintaining quality, but if, instead of one man imposing themes on all the writers, who interpret them slightly differently, all the writers would be able to work together to beat out one established theme together. Platinum age on its way

4u

I'd rather them not have extensive themes at all. Doctor Who is where it is because so many writers could tell their own stories they wanted to tell.

Although if they absolutely had to have an arc, they do need better co-ordination. Although lack of it might be more Moffat's fault then inherent in the system.

Rami Doctor when?

When Moffat goes, will he take his life partner Mark Gatiss with him?

No, it will be down to Chibnall to throw Gatiss out of the club forever.

the only way for Gatiss to quit forever is to make him showrunner and then wait until he passes the title down.

>talking to yourself

It all comes down to how the show runner communicates with the authors. "Include a reference to a lost planet" or "namedrop Torchwood" is a hell of a lot easier to do than "have a subtle arc around Clara's character progression". To me, the latter kind of "arc" is a lot more rewarding, but also a lot harder to do, hence why Moffat's plots have always seemed kind of tacked together. I love S8 and S9 as much as anyone, and I personally believe Capaldi is the best thing NuWho has ever done, but you can surely agree that it'd be a lot easier to maintain such a consistent level of quality with a writer's room format. It's not like it would deny each writer the chance to be unique with their script; it just gives them a better way to weave arc elements or character progressions through the stories as a whole.

lol

He's weirdly attractive and very Doctory. I'd watch that.

cats do you have spikes on your penises?

>timelineattack.gif
>itisdone.jpg

Oooooh mongo's psycho personality is out :^)

What's up, psycho?

When these people start posting, it's time to close the tab and do something else.

What's /who/ with you anyway?

I just bought the Classic Doctors/New Monsters set and I liked Fallen Angels. What did you think of it?

It's not like you have anything better to do.

The pattern is one poster.

One sad individual. Who then tries to assimilate with this shit

Yup, it's catto. All his reaction faces and memes. And repeating what people have said about him like a parrot. And pretending to hate the shitposting even though it's actually him.
Hi cats.

Fuck off with your non-Who related pictures. Just ignore him for fuck's sake, this is how he gets his kick out of it. Plus I'm pretty sure the other retarded poster is part of it too.

No this picture is Big Daddy Derek's so im pretty sure its BDD, he said he hates Doctor Who

>tfw