Why are metal bands from Nordic countries so much better than ones from the rest of the world?

Why are metal bands from Nordic countries so much better than ones from the rest of the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02sK7O9KAC0
youtube.com/watch?v=dvti6d48_do
youtube.com/watch?v=FE8EyKpyodw
youtube.com/watch?v=iVQ6JZiPc9w
youtube.com/watch?v=JFAcOnhcpGA
youtube.com/watch?v=lxhF0RQTzDY
youtube.com/watch?v=ATSoB5ClWWM
youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1rroJOZzw
youtu.be/rA-XIXy5vw4
youtu.be/aNJXS9X0yY0
youtube.com/watch?v=jYYr9q9F1-E
youtube.com/watch?v=mThEf5yB5Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=5-oCaZh7h-g
youtube.com/watch?v=nin7sAf9Lks
youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=4aFGuKwF2ic
youtu.be/-9rT7-EvTTI
youtube.com/watch?v=trELfLtJwDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QZm4zseMok0
youtube.com/watch?v=5EExbLCeUnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have more metal bands than any other part of the world so they have refined and perfected the formula.

youtube.com/watch?v=02sK7O9KAC0

other parts of the world tend not to be autistic enough to pull off this genre

no...

Since our countries are so rich in minerals we understand metal far better than foreigners do. The cold climate also helps us empathize with the cold metal, and the stoic, individualist nature of our people has a natural connection with the singular nature of metal music.

But anyway, I think Germany has some great bands as well.

There is no 'metal' general.
Death, doom, black, melodic death, nu, trance, goth, NDH, etc etc pp

So, to answer your question, there are metal bands from a few subtypes that seems to emerge only in scandinavia, some don't

t. metalfag

youtube.com/watch?v=dvti6d48_do

Good concept album
youtube.com/watch?v=FE8EyKpyodw

meal is for children

youtube.com/watch?v=iVQ6JZiPc9w

there best live song tbqh

>meal is for children
Australian wisdom

>implying the US isn't still leading at Metal
youtube.com/watch?v=JFAcOnhcpGA

Thanks for Trivium Mr. Burgerman

youtube.com/watch?v=lxhF0RQTzDY

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE

>adult, long haired metalheads

im going to track down every copy of that album and smash them

Rich musical tradition, cool history (vikings) and young people don't have to worry about money, so they have more free time to play music.

UR welcum

youtube.com/watch?v=ATSoB5ClWWM

Did you smash Death Magnetic? Hopefully.

>young people don't have to worry about money
fucking speak for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc

death magnetic was a step in the right direction
8 years later and they just pissed on it

blind guardian is so fucking good. Bless powermetal.

NOLDOR! BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS! TEARS UNNUMBERED! youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1rroJOZzw

Best metal abum ever imo

>tfw always 2nd best at music

Damn you Britain.

german metal bands are better tbqh

Hellenic Black Metal > Nordic Black Metal

who the fuck listens to this? why does it have 17mil views?

Because they are so depressed that only thing they can do is metal.
youtu.be/rA-XIXy5vw4

And because of America.
youtu.be/aNJXS9X0yY0

LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL
TO THE GODS ROCK N ROLL

I agree

Literally only newfags to metal think that
Dissection is extremely overrated

More like t.faggot

I bet you don't know shit about metal

Retard

Retard

Kek no

Faggot
Colombian user knows
Colombian and generally lat am black /black thrash are top also

""""metal"""" bands lmao. Whatever them Nordics are doing isn't metal, it's some bastardised version of what our two great nations have already done m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYYr9q9F1-E

>Judas Priest
lmao, maybe if you're homosexual. The only good metal band Britain produced was Black Sabbath

Please...
youtube.com/watch?v=mThEf5yB5Aw

You're not only retarded but a huge faggot

Please...

Maybe if you still live in the 90s. Are you a time traveller?

Every Nordic """"metal"""" band alive today would have been inspired mostly by British and American bands which have gone before them. These two are the only nations worth a damn when it come to rock, hard rock, and metal music.

HEATHEN HEART
PAGAN PRIDE
FARING FAR
SWORD BY SIDE
(I really like it when they sing metal kvæðir)

tell me 1 (one) remarkable british metal band from the last decade

>Implying metal isn't complete garbage
wew lad

English metal is entrytier and get rather monotone as an entity after listening to the biggest names there.

Nordic metal is the supreme tier of music just by the shear flexibility of it. Englishmen can't seem to do anything else than good ol' heavy metal properly and as i said it get's quite monotone.

youtube.com/watch?v=5-oCaZh7h-g

black metal sounds awful. Never understood why people like it. I assume they are the best because no other countries has people autistic enough to dress up like a faggot and make terrible music

Black metal is objectively the best metal genre

What's revolutionary about the song you've posted? It's been done to death already and better beforehand, there's nothing new to it at all.

I can't stand any of it in English, but Isengard is pretty great. His dialect of Norwegian is pretty amusing, I'd never heard anyone say "doy" before him.

akercocke
vallenfyre

If you're an edgy 14 year old maybe. Most of these black metal cunts can't even sing.

*doy
faen

black metal is the most diverse and most interesting metal genre

Are you from the 90's?? American and Canadian bands have been producing better black and death metal this past few years.

The over the top opera-like singing is what makes most metal bands unlistenable and quite gay

>remarkable
i'm talking about something mgla tier

I didn't know mix of Hardcore punk, grindcore, and speed had been done yet.

I'm amased tell me more o land of judas priest.
Funny coming from the country which hasn't produced anything new in the last 20 years.

if you are autistic and like dressing up like the crow I am sure it is. It is what we would get if ICP was a metal band.

you have the wrong approach to black metal if you're listening to it for the vocals.
that's like saying electronic music is bad because there's no singer.

It hasn't even been a month since Chuck Berry died.

Can people give rock genres a couple hundred years and a wider set of influential countries before they start chatting about regional rock superiority like people discuss classical music?

Poland is spitting out gems.

i love mgla but they aren't huge if that's what you mean
vallenfyre has 2 great albums btw

I don't listen to black metal because I like how the performers dress.

Metal already reached a pinnacle with the British and American bands and hit its height in the 90s. What we have now is pale imitations of what has already come before. Similar to current popular music, nothing overly new or innovative is being released.

Agreed, MGLA is probably my favorite band nowadays. Also my girlfriends loves them for some reason even though she isn't that much into metal.

Kek. I have to screencap this, haven't seen something this stupid being said anywhere.

for as gay and stupid as they look, they look better than they sound.

t. comformist unwilling to move from his comfort zone

i don't think you realize how huge mgla is, but anyways, those may be decent bands but they're not huge or anything

you really don't know shit about metal

You know Urfaust, Cult of fire, Horn, Plaga, Carthaun, Bölzer?

you sound like the kind of person that looks at immortal's photoshoots and assumes all of black metal artists are the same. laughable.
and just tell how huge mgla is then? admittedly, i'm out of touch with tours and festival so i might be completely wrong

Mgla is literally the "hottest" band nowadays in the BM community. Pretty much everyone knows them.

They do all sound the same in that they all sound like shit.

yes, and none is british, what's your point?

i don't know how to measure it but i've been seen it everywhere, there is no black metal discussion i've seen where mgla is not being talked about

You can say the same about classical music.

Is it?

t: Haven't listened to it

youtube.com/watch?v=nin7sAf9Lks

Sry just catched the mgla thing and wanted to see if you might like one of those or have a countersuggestion.

No I cant say classical music sounds as bad as black metal. Id rather listen to retarded bro electronic music than black metal. The only genre worse than black metal is country. Fuck, I might even listen to pop before I listened to black metal. I am not a fan of edgy 12 year old music like Black Metal

You call this metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=4aFGuKwF2ic

It's just constant white noise with no subtlety and with some cunt growling.

Make yourself a favor and listen to their last two albums, the guitars on them are just... delightful.

youtu.be/-9rT7-EvTTI

You just dont like black metal.
The variation within blackmetal is however as big as in many other genres as rich as it. So get over your aversion to the point that you simply stay away from it instead of assuming its some monolithic sludge too.

>people have different opinions to me
>better call them retards and faggots and not supply an argument

Why does metal music attract so many autistic cunts?

Yes, people call noise music too,

youtube.com/watch?v=trELfLtJwDQ

okay no more (you)s for you, lazy troll
i know that but being known in underground circles hardly counts as being huge. i do have a love/hate relationship with exercises in futility because it's a great album but it attracts too many tourists to metal.

i know them but i don't really listen to them, i'm not too much into atmo stuff

Ah k.

because it's a genre for autists?
i wouldn't change these autists for vapid normies anyway

>an autistic website has autistic people and some of them happen to listen to metal so every metal fan is austistic

THROUGH THE GATES OF HELL

That's actual metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZm4zseMok0

well, if you prefer the 80s sound there are plenty of bands nowadays that still explore that style

youtube.com/watch?v=5EExbLCeUnI

Good point. But I wouldn't mind if the autism was turned down a bit, to the point I could have a conversation with strangers in the crowd. One of the reasons why I enjoy punk and hardcore shows more now as am adult.

Every metal concert I have been to had been full of autistic weirdos. It has nothing to do with metal being discussed on Sup Forums.

Solid.

I love ausistic weirdos. They are more genuinely into the music than NORMIES REE who just go to pop/hip hop concerts for the social aspects.

well i don't know about .png or australia if that's where you're from but the metalheads i've seen here are not weirdos or austistic, maybe some can be a little bit pathetic but not in a autistic way

Some good modern 80s worship bands:

Heavy Metal:
Enforcer
White Wizzard
In Solitude
Holy Grail

Thrash:
Warbringer
Evil Invaders

it's usually fine outside venues but i've ran into people that unironically talk about "falses" and shit like that. they're like caricatures.
check out cauldron too.