If creationism is wrong, then how'd fish get into small isolated lakes?

If creationism is wrong, then how'd fish get into small isolated lakes?

Checkmate, atheists.

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/post/Is_there_scientific_proof_that_water_fowl_can_transport_fish_eggs_from_one_water_body_to_an_other
youtube.com/watch?v=aNag8Clm_n8
blog.thepondguy.com/.../i-didn’t-have-fish-in-my-pond-before-but-they-are-ther...
nps.gov/crla/faqs.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What if I told you that the lakes were not always isolated

What do you mean?

They crawl over at night

Birds like ducks can spread fish eggs that get stuck in their feathers while at other bodies of water.

When was the last time you saw a bird flying around with fish eggs on it? And there would have to be enough for a breeding population. Plus the distance would have to be short enough for the eggs not to dry out.

Doesn't seem likely to me.

Humans terraform their water source numbnuts

When was the last time you saw a real live zebra? Doesn't mean it doesn't exist you dumb fucker. Just because you never leave your basement doesn't mean nothing happens outside of it.
Fucking loser

Very interesting question! During my PhD on waterbird-mediated dispersal I did not come across any published evidence on fish or fish eggs. However, to me it is evident that many more aquatic organisms are transported by waterbirds than we think, and I see no reason why fish eggs would not occasionally survive either internal or external transport when clinging to birds. It might be limited amounts per bird, but over time this can still add up and be "enough" for colonization.

- Even aquatic snails (gastropoda) can survive gut passage for many hours and are internally transported over large distances by waterbirds (see Van Leeuwen et al PLosOne). Some fish eggs may be just as tolerant.

- Aquatic snails will also cling to birds and can stay attached for up to 8 hours in mud (see Van Leeuwen et al Freshwater Science). Very likely sticky eggs of fish species that are desiccation tolerant enough can also, because anything attaches with mud.

- A very large suite of aquatic organisms can survive passage through the digestive systems of birds because of a digestive trade-off in many birds (see review Van Leeuwen et al 2012 Jrl Biogeography). Why not fish eggs? We only know very little yet.

All the best,

Casper

Is there (scientific) proof that water fowl can transport fish eggs from one water body to an other?. Available from: researchgate.net/post/Is_there_scientific_proof_that_water_fowl_can_transport_fish_eggs_from_one_water_body_to_an_other [accessed Apr 8, 2017].

You from Oregon OP? Have been to Crater Lake a few times and wondered this myself. Always assumed recreational fishers brought them over or something.

They were placed there by god

Isolated lakes form in nature you tard. Look at the OP. That's Crater Lake. It's NOT the result of terraforming.

lol stupid birds flying to lakes without fish or anything to eat and accidentally placing fish eggs there

^^this is what atheists actually think

>itt
Educated Anons lose more faith in humanity.

It's a possible explanation, but I still think the odds are slim. A lot of things would have to go right for the "colonization" of just ONE lake. However, marine life seems to be fairly ubiquitous all the countless isolated lakes in the world.

Not him, but slim odds over several million years really add up

Fish were introduced to Crater Lake in Oregon by people in 1888.

But how old are these lakes, really?

Weren't most lakes formed only tens of thousands of years ago when the glaciers melted at the end of the last ice age?

>Checkmate
youtube.com/watch?v=aNag8Clm_n8

Now imagine being an animal witnessing this ... thousands of years in the future bears will be talking about it. Just like ancient astronauts and all religions.

how do you think lakes form
like how can a lake form without organisms being in it unless it has existed completely isolated from any life forms since water graced the earth

Fish are not native to the lake. They were introduced in the lake from 1888-1941. Six species were originally stocked, but only two have survived to today.

Pangea. Omg a real retard no way

I personally believe that the fish eggs arrived in the raindrops. I call it the "chubby rain hypothesis". Flying fish + clouds = fish rain. It's incredibly simple, and I can't believe no one has made this connection. Perhaps this reflects a lack of lateral thinking ability in the general populace. You see, fish, over time, were believed to evolve into dinosaurs. Some of these dinosaurs had the ability to fly. Some extant fish have aerial abilities. Who is to say that a now extinct species of fish had evolved the ability to fly, just like dinosaurs? To dismiss such a proposition out of hand would be ascientific. It is likely that such high-flying fish were able to deposit their eggs into clouds, whereby the eggs were transported globally, and deposited via precipitation to isolated lakes, in "chubby rain". The idea is very simple; and I hope my argument was convincing.

Are you suggesting that fish have evolved independently thousands of times?

Pangea? What the fuck do continents have to do with this discussion?

>HIGH FLYING FISH
>CHUBBY RAIN HYPOTHESIS
>LAYING EGGS IN CLOUDS

are you suggesting the earth is 2017 years old

floods

someone who's not retarded

heavy rain/flooding, storms. Not even atheist just some common sense

When the continents shifted they didn't do it like the simple youtube videos show. Where they just sorta floated away. The landscape itself changed. Remember places like Colorado were once oceans and is now above sea level with mountains. Plus the glaciers melting caused a lot of flooding which moved lifeforms around.

And lest we forget the lowly Swallow (Either African or European.) And their ability to disperse coconuts via dorsal feathers.

>Not even atheist
lel retard

Floods make lakes bigger, but they don't necessarily connect them. The lakes would already have to be pretty close together for that.

By magic. Now crawl back under your stone.

Panthalassa, who would fish get into any water by that logic

Life finds a way user.

Okay, so the melting glaciers created a bunch of isolated lakes where there was previously only ice. You're right about that. Now how did fish get in the equation?

frozen eggos
bird dispersion
floods
introduction

How do fish get in lakes?
Eggs or fry can be carried in on the feet or mouths of water foul and other animals, or can be clinging onto some aquatic plants you decided to add to your pond. Sometimes flooding can wash fish from nearby ponds, lakes, and streams into your pond.Aug 5, 2010
I didn't have fish in my pond before but they are there now. How did ...
blog.thepondguy.com/.../i-didn’t-have-fish-in-my-pond-before-but-they-are-ther...
Search for: How do fish get in lakes?

The landscape also changed. Have you not seen Salmon swimming upstream? As soon as the waters met other waters life moves on. There are lots of scenarios that took place and some we don't have the full details on. Like the time one of the glaciers burst open and filled the ocean with fresh water causing sea level rise and completely fucked up the planets atmosphere for a good couple hundred years.

Fish fucking flying their makes more logical sense than creationism.

>creationism actually says fish flew from the sea and became birds

strawman fallacy

>can't provide input so tucks tail and runs
Yeah, I have the list of argument escapement words too. You had no reason to respond but felt required to say something.

That's not an argument

Top kek

It's what someone does to escape having to address the point. We've all been on this site too long for the strawman to mean anything to us. It's a cowards way out.

Don't tell me, tell this guy

No, I am telling You. Now either finish high school before you start posting here or just head over to GoGaia. It's more suited for your kind.

Says the athiest lel

- obvious troll is obvious but also:
nps.gov/crla/faqs.htm
>>Fish are not native to the lake. They were introduced in the lake from 1888-1941. Six species were originally stocked, but only two have survived to today: Rainbow Trout and Kokanee Salmon. Because they are not native to the lake, fishing is not only allowed, it's encouraged. No license is required and there is no limit on how many you may catch - the only rule is that you must use artificial bait. We don't want to accidentally introduce any other species into the lake. Fishing is allowed along the shoreline and on Wizard Island (with the purchase of a boat tour and Wizard Island ticket.)

I'm not sure who you're trying to argue with but I'm not an atheist.
Oh god. Are you this dipshit?

Because of the flat earth. It was easier for the Noachian deluge to flood everything without this gravity lie.

isn't it?

>what is geology

There is something called "Stocking the Lake" that the State Game and Fish department does. Seriously OP, just stick to sucking dicks it's what you're best at.